It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does life after death necessarily involve a creator?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have to say that I have almost no doubt that we go on after our heart stops. But when I consider the idea that there is a god that created something out of a total void, and this being is aware of every cell in my body and every cell throughout the physical universe, let alone possible other universes and other dimensions, I have to say, I'm not sure this is true.

So I will repeat the thread title. Does life after death necessarily involve a creator god?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

He'll probably be too busy to attend your birth. But just like when you are born here, there will be midwives in attendance there too to make sure everything goes smoothly.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
He? She? No way.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Honestly, it can not be interpreted by anyone but yourself.
You choose to believe this, or that, not because a well educated person explained something in bigger words.

Apart from that, I will share my own opinion on this matter.

Personally I do not believe that a 'creator' is a mandatory accomplice to what you'd call, life after death.

Think of it as the Cycle of Life.

A grain of seed is planted in the firm soil.
The rain begins to riddle the soil in which the seed begins to sprout green colors.
The plant is then eaten by a cow.
Out comes the feces.
The feces help ferment the soil, in which a new grain of seed is planted into it.

Does this cycle necessarily need a creator?
No, of course it doesn't!
It's simply the cycle of life.

Now, does life after death, need a creator behind the curtains after your eyes are closed?
Irregardless of what happens, a creator does not need to be present.
Otherwise.
It is up to your interpretation, and your own personal beliefs.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

droid56
Does life after death necessarily involve a creator god?

I think YOU could answer this question better than anyone that would perceive to know.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

droid56
I have to say that I have almost no doubt that we go on after our heart stops. But when I consider the idea that there is a god that created something out of a total void, and this being is aware of every cell in my body and every cell throughout the physical universe, let alone possible other universes and other dimensions, I have to say, I'm not sure this is true.

So I will repeat the thread title. Does life after death necessarily involve a creator god?

A lot of scientists and a lot of mystics think that the 'universe'
has existed 'forever'.

So sure.. if you don't go for the mother father figures, and
happen to be constructed of immortal energy that is
self-sustaining and immune to the 2nd law of thermodynamics
and not tied to any one universe.. but able to hop between
them; or to the 'bulk' above / between them... sure ..you'd
be good to go... life after death without deity.

You might get lonely however.

KPB

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
You sir or madam should read The reality Dysfunction by Peter F. Hamilton, it is
a scifi novel set of three books and deals with the idea of an afterlife
without a creator. Its also a really fun book if you get past the slower
start, if you don't like scifi though its probably not gonna be your cup
of tea. Lots of space battles and such.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
"A grain of seed is planted in the firm soil.
The rain begins to riddle the soil in which the seed begins to sprout green colors.
Out comes the feces.
The feces help ferment the soil, in which a new grain of seed is planted into it."

Just like humans, we give birth and die, our children give birth and die, ect.
Hows your analogy show theres something after death? If anything it says we exist to use the things in our environment, produce, and die as our children continue the process.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
All I know, is that most people mistake their brain getting flushed with '___', as "seeing the light"

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I used to think so. But now? It implies we've always been around.

It's a concept derived from our presumed importance. We don't consider a time before we were born, so we cannot comprehend a time after we die. We are. We have always been, as long as we can remember.

If we've always been, then why are there more now than ever, of bodies to carry souls. Or the conscious.

We may be connected via energy or a force of sorts.. everything is. BUT we are only aware because the brain gives us that ability.

And when the body dies, the brain ceases to function. We die. The US. We do not get reborn and have the same 'soul' that is 'us' in essence. or we do not pass on and remember our lives in the after life.

If you think that the person you are is eternal, then why do people who suffer massive brain trauma undergo massive personality changes.. in effect, they cease being who they were. Why would we presume death to have a lesser impact on our 'being'.

no, I believe when we die, we return to the emptiness. our energy returns to the total energy. shared between all things, living and dead.

edit on 28-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

tehdouglas
"A grain of seed is planted in the firm soil.
Out comes the feces.
The feces help ferment the soil, in which a new grain of seed is planted into it."

Just like humans, we give birth and die, our children give birth and die, ect.
Hows your analogy show theres something after death? If anything it says we exist to use the things in our environment, produce, and die as our children continue the process.

Dude.. just refer to Neil..

"We sow the seed, right. Nature grows the seed, and then, we eat the seed. And then, after that, we sow the seed, nature grows the seed, and then, we eat the seed. And then, after that again, we sow the seed, nature grows the seed...."

He was very very bored at the time, however.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If one pauses to think of the underpinning of the universe, it's SCARY. Like we have "a life". that life should one day run out. When our body dies then what? I believe you either go to heaven or hell forever. And if you get to meet the creator when you die then it would be good to have some show some reverence for him while you were still human. It boggles my mind how some people seem to have this distain for him. It's crazy. It's worst than hating your own parent. No wonder hell had to be created. For those that are that stupid and egotistical.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

droid56

Simply put yes, but not in the way that Religion has you thinking about it.

You see we are the creator... our consciousness is just a tiny slice of what true consciousness is... and it is this root consciousness that is the true creator.

We are all the same you and I, and everyone else are just different aspects of the whole. Your brain is like a radio tuned into a frequency of consciousness. In much the same way that a radio frequency does not cease to be after the radio is turned off, your consciousness lives on as part of the whole.

But trust me, the afterlife is nothing at all like what religion tells you... there is no heaven and there is no hell, right or wrong... it is just a sea of pure potentiality. Where all possibilities play out at once with no separation from self.

The best people to describe it have touched this plane of existence... those that have taken the most powerful Psychogenic.

But I believe it is against the rules to discuss drugs on this form so I will not divulge openly.

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 28-10-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

faivious

A grain of seed is planted in the firm soil.
Out comes the feces.
The feces help ferment the soil, in which a new grain of seed is planted into it.

Does this cycle necessarily need a creator?
No, of course it doesn't!
It's simply the cycle of life.

REally??

Whom was the observer to the process you described?

Korg.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

droid56

No, not necessarily. Your current physical body was not created by any god... Your body exists because two people, your parents, chose to reproduce. As such, perhaps your soul or consciousness will continue after physical death apart from any direct creation.
Not saying that any god does or does not exist, but life after death could from certain perspectives exist without god.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

The simple answer is: no. No, it does not.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Does life after death necessarily involve a creator?

It doesn't have to. But I think in our case the afterlife does involve our creator.
I'm more than sure that there is a God. (just not a 'God' like the organized religions say)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I have disdain for man made beliefs that dictate the lives they live. I can do that on my own with no fear of punishment.

Someone told you about thie creator, you didn't wake up with him in your mind. You're falling for someones lies... nothing more.

When we die, if there is a god, then he can shove it up his backside.

It's a bit like me making a big trap with knives and claws and clamps and daggers and swords and sharp things.. and ensnaring all these cute little furry animals. then I run up to it and pull them out one by one going "Im a benevolent god, yes I am, I am a good god, oh yes!" and throwing them onto a fire when they yell at me.

This creator, if he exists, is a sadist and I want nothing to do with him or her.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

'God' is a word that has soooo many meanings. In our modern (and declining) society, it is often as hated as it is loved... which is odd because words really can't either hurt us or do us much good by themselves, lol.

First of all, gather the image of the universe around us. Then, using Carl Sagan's voice, apply the words 'billions and billions' to pretty much define everything we still do not know about that universe. Now, here we are, tiny specks on a little blue speck around a dot of light on the edge of a galaxy surrounded by untold numbers of other galaxies loaded with untold stars with little specks and perhaps, covered in even tinier specks... like us.

Once you get a good grasp on that, you either fool yourself into believing that we are the know-all and end-all species and that there is nothing out there we haven't already discovered or even imagined... or there's possibly something else.

So, first of all, is there a 'creator'? You can call him/her 'God' if you like, or an advanced alien critter or even perhaps just the greatest scientist in the universe. No matter because here again, words can't hurt or help you unless you place your entire belief upon a few letters.

Now then, since you are sure that when this physical journey comes to an end, there is something more... does it really matter what you call that which awaits? maybe... just maybe, it would be better to seek its nature rather than just its name?

Maybe

edit on 28-10-2013 by redoubt because: typo repair

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

So, first of all, is there a 'creator'? You can call him/her 'God' if you like, or an advanced alien critter or even perhaps just the greatest scientist in the universe. No matter because here again, words can't hurt or help you unless you place your entire belief upon a few letters.

Now then, since you are sure that when this physical journey comes to an end, there is something more... does it really matter what you call that which awaits? maybe... just maybe, it would be better to seek its nature rather than just its name?

Interesting that you say that. Something I wrote on that the other day:

I don't care for the word "God", in and of itself, at all. Much the way some feel about the word "Muslim" or "gay". "God" has become a catch-all phrase for the sort of mentality which betrays the shallow naivety and ignorant fear which molded the modern-day understanding of what we call "God".

If it is not the Abrahamic god, then it is not a god. It is an entity whose precise nature remains as yet obscure and distant. God, to me, is an insult. You may as well walk up to the President and call him "dude". It's a lazy label and entirely insufficient for the idea it attempts to convey.

Not to mention that there is no actual tried-and-proven basis for determining the nature or existence of a higher power. Bring to me an official, scientifically established set of parameters for identifying a real, concrete deity, and I will adjust my regard accordingly. But not a moment sooner.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join