It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Injured In Drone Attack Arrive In US - Recount Tale Of Grandmothers Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Before we even get into the details, I need to ask just how much good this will do. Especially when you have a president that lives by the motto, "my way or the highway". I will try to remain optimistic and hope that something good will come out of their testimony to congress.

And I do have an important question. What makes the civilian death count top secret? Why should one magical number that tells us how many innocents the Obama admin murdered be kept hidden from us? What would be the reason other then to hide this from the American people. Can anyone here rationalize keeping this number from us?

This is an extremely long article, so please make certain to check it out for tons more details. From reading this article it appears to me that Greenwald had a hand in this, although Congressman Alan Grayson is the one who brought them here.

Greenwald said: "When I was in Pakistan, interviewing a whole series of people, they stayed in my mind. At the moment when I was interviewing them I had this very strong feeling that it would be very helpful if Americans could see and experience a father, a teacher, children, the loss of a mother, the loss of a grandmother. Those are universals.

The purpose of the briefing, Representative Grayson told the Guardian, is "simply to get people to start to think through the implications of killing hundreds of people ordered by the president, or worse, unelected and unidentifiable bureaucrats within the Department of Defense without any declaration of war."

"Under many people's view of international law, they're all illegal. All these attacks are illegal.

"It is an abuse of the term 'self-defense' to say that our launching drone attacks in Yemen or elsewhere in the world qualifies.

Now on to the details of what happen that sad day when a grandmother was lost and 2 small children learned about the ravages of murder by drone. I look forward to them telling this to congress. And I am especially looking forward to see what happens as a result.

Drawing on a pad of paper in a Washington DC hotel, Nabeela ur Rehman recalled the day her grandmother was killed. "I was running away," the nine-year told the Guardian. "I was trying to wipe away the blood." "It was as if it was night all of the sudden."

"When it first hit, it was like everyone was just going crazy. They didn't know what to make of it," Zubair said. "There was madness." A piece of shrapnel ripped into the boy's left leg, just above his kneecap. A scar approximately four inches in length remains. "I felt like I was on fire," he said. The injury would ultimately require a series of costly operations.

Nabeela, the little girl, was collecting okra when the missiles struck. "My grandma was teaching me how you can tell if the okra is ready to be picked," she said. "All of the sudden there was a big noise. Like a fire had happened. "I was scared. I noticed that my hand was hurting, that there was something that had hit my hand and so I just started running. When I was running I noticed that there was blood coming out of my hand."

Nabeela continued running. The bleeding would not stop. She was eventually scooped up by her neighbors. "I had seen my grandmother right before it had happened but I couldn't see her after. It was just really dark but I could hear [a] scream when it had hit her."

Nabeela spent most of her days with her grandmother. "I really liked my grandma," she said. "I enjoyed following her and learning how to do things." Zubair said his grandmother was liked by all. "There's no one else like her. We all loved her." In the year since his mother's death, Rehman said, life has changed dramatically. "Not having her is as if a limb has been cut," he said.

News World news Drones Family of grandmother killed in US drone strike arrive for Congress visit

edit on 28-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So if the dems voted for obama and obama approves and orders the drones strikes, do any of the people who voted for obama have any guilt?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Sure...
move to the country that bombed you!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

gardener
Sure...
move to the country that bombed you!

They didn't move here they are just visiting to help put an end to drone strikes. They have an attorney, and quite frankly, I don't blame them.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Maybe people who are still sleeping will wake up to just what exactly this wretched regime is - and what they are doing.

Very simply, look into his fake id's - he isn't legal to be running for prez, let alone running the country into the ground.

I want the rest of the world to realize that these idiots in control don't speak, or act, for the majority of americans here...

Take this mess, and try them in the world's court of opinion - and maybe, hopefully - Brussels.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by elouina

Maybe people who are still sleeping will wake up to just what exactly this wretched regime is - and what they are doing.

Very simply, look into his fake id's - he isn't legal to be running for prez, let alone running the country into the ground.

I want the rest of the world to realize that these idiots in control don't speak, or act, for the majority of americans here...

Take this mess, and try them in the world's court of opinion - and maybe, hopefully - Brussels.

Amazingly, it IS happening right now. Sit back and watch history being made, and we were here to see it.

You know a congressman pointed out a very important point:

The people responsible for all these horrible things, besides Obama, were not elected by us!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

elouina

Amazingly, it IS happening right now. Sit back and watch history being made, and we were here to see it.

You know a congressman pointed out a very important point:

The people responsible for all these horrible things, besides Obama, were not elected by us!

Elected ..... as in Diebold voting machines?

Elected ..... as in the only alternative to the exceedingly immature village idiot that was part-n-parcel of 9/11?

Elected ..... as in law enforcement is now telling us the occupant in the White House has forged credentials in his background?

One thing is absolutely certain: *We* aren't running this circus.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You need to consider the fact that no one on ATS, the worlds press or the internet as a whole, knows what is contained in the PDB that the CIA briefs the president with each morning. No one has the slightest idea what intelligence he must react to each day.

It's no secret that this President has a rather mean streak of vengeance in him. Of course I don't know but I think it's because of the way he was treated as a black man at the start of his second term. You expect Putin to act like a Klansman but in so called 'progressive' Europe and parts of the Middle East just how have relations got to the point they are now unless he was insulted.

Of course the CIA is doing the killing and controlling the agency has been problematic for every president since it was formed. The only president to really have any control was Nixon because he knew where all the bodies were buried-he helped plant most of them.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

Are you aware that the president personally signs off on these drone attacks?

Obama personally insisted that he make the final decision on the military’s kill or capture orders, so-called direct action operations. Obama wanted to assume the moral responsibility for what were in effect premeditated government executions.

Obama: I Make the Drone Decisions

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Double post...
edit on 28-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Of course the CIA is doing the killing and controlling the agency has been problematic for every president since it was formed. The only president to really have any control was Nixon because he knew where all the bodies were buried-he helped plant most of them.

Nixon was the ONLY President to have any control over the CIA? Really? What about Bush Sr. You know former Director of the CIA before he was President. He didn't have any control over that agency?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You're partially right and wrong on both accounts. Yes, none here or anywhere else is aware of what the briefs that comes across his desk before he makes a decision contain.

However, The CIA reports to the Commander in Chief.

They're also, the ones who prepare some of those briefs.

Catch 22
edit on 30-10-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join