It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran pulls down anti-US posters in capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Tehran (AFP) - The Tehran municipality has removed anti-American posters from the streets of the capital which questioned US honesty in nuclear talks with Iran, media reported on Sunday.

The move comes as President Hassan Rouhani, a reputed moderate, has made fresh overtures to the West, including direct talks between US and Iranian officials, and ahead of the 34th anniversary of the US embassy seizure in Tehran.

A municipal spokesman said the posters were put up across Tehran without any official authorisation.

"In an arbitrary act and without the knowledge and confirmation of the municipality, one of the advertising agencies had put up these posters," spokesman Hadi Ayyazi was quoted as saying by the official IRNA news agency.

AFP photographers said that some posters could still be seen across Tehran.

One of them, bearing the words "American honesty," shows US and Iranian negotiators sitting at a table and facing each other, the American wearing a jacket and tie but with army pants and boots underneath.

Interesting to see Iran's new puppet trying to play nice with the Western Gov'ts. We all know Iran doesn't support free speech so for them to take these posters down does really send a message, but it's probably compensation for their new 30 something nuclear sites.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Is either side ever being honest in regards to Iran?

Isn't it more speculation than anything else?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I could be completely naive and misunderstanding, but I think it's a great sign.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This may come as a shock to you but even here in America where we are supposed to have Free Speech there are still laws saying what you can have on a billboard. The article says they were put up without permission so they were taken down. That's no different than what happens here in America. It wouldn't come as a shock that some Mossad lackeys put them up.

As members of the NPT Iran can build all the nuclear sites it wants. They are well within the boundaries of the law.
edit on 28-10-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I agree with you. Rules are rules everywhere.

(I can't help but hear Sheldon's voice when I read your posts, fascinating).

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It may come as a surprise to you that free speech doesn't really exist in Iran & by the looks of it Mossad had nothing to do with the billboards since the advertisement company was interviewed & it turns out they were Iranian.

I'm all for Iran having a peaceful nuclear technology but with the introduction of 34 new sites even I begin wonder how many sites is needed for Iran?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
it is better that US's foreign policy shows a little independence from Netanyahu !

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Absolutely no one in the American government believes a word of this. Just more stall and sweet talk, and quite frankly this act is running a bit thin. Some who study this area more closely than I do think they are trying to coddle up to President Obama to get some concessions before their worst horrifying nightmare comes true. In a little more than two years they will be faced, along with a few others in the region, to their dread that will be thundering towards them with high octane vengeance-that being 8 years of the wicked witch of east Arkansas Hillary Clinton. And boy does she have some scores to settle.

These countries that know so little about women-other than to imprison them-just don't understand the concept of 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'

They are going to find out big time. Ahmadinejad told the UN that she 'needs to get back in the kitchen'

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

Good thing he isn't the president anymore and the current one seems to want to talk with other countries.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

It is a good sign but, people don't wanna hear about that. They want generic garbage about mossad and the evil 'Merikans. etc.

Controversy even when unwarranted sells

top topics

join