It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMACARE is a Deliberate Planned Suicide Attack on America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

What state do you live in? Cause I've never heard of plan that covers as much you're suggesting your prior plan did, especially for an individual. With no deductible? I'm not calling you a liar, but with the cost of healthcare there's no way such a plan could be profitable for the insurance company. Unless you're like 65 or something.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone else has contemplated that this could possibly be the result of a mindset that "assumes" without ever having to "delegate"?

I'm being serious, not political...

Our P-O-T-U-S had:

zero economic experience.

zero business experience.

never in his life managed the budget of a small business, large business, city, state, corporation… He had zero experience in things financial.

zero foreign diplomacy.

zero military experience.

zero leadership experience. There is no record of him ever leading anything or improving anything. He never started a business, never took over one that was struggling and made it better, he never led troops in the military.

He hardly had any real political experience. He was a junior senator that never penned a single piece of legislation. As a state senator he was known for voting present.

All it would take would be a cascading batch of yes-men/women and you have the recipe for disaster.

When there are no adults in the room, why would you be surprised that nothing got done?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
An update on my situation....

The place I work at will be taking up the cost of obamacare for 2014 only and it's draining their pockets significantly. Otherwise, the monthly rate of $97 or whatever would have been $800-some. I already left the company but my former co-worker told me about the meeting and that's the gist of it. Pretty ridiculous :/

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Em2013
An update on my situation....

The place I work at will be taking up the cost of obamacare for 2014 only and it's draining their pockets significantly. Otherwise, the monthly rate of $97 or whatever would have been $800-some. I already left the company but my former co-worker told me about the meeting and that's the gist of it. Pretty ridiculous :/

Where do they think we are going to come up with that kind of money? Somewhere along the line there's been a serious disconnect between political attitude and reality. My wife and I know nobody who isn't struggling NOW!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am wondering, if this law fails and we go towards a single payer system do the progressives realize that private insurance companies are EMPLOYERS of people who pay taxes, from a product sold in a market place,

So if we go to a single payer system, we see thousands of people on the unemployment rolls increasing a dismal unemployment rate, increasing those on the welfare system, which in turn increases taxes.

So the government employs some of these people and I say employs with a smirk because we as tax paying people employ these people we pay the wages and their taxes, from our taxes we pay to the federal government.

So riddle me this do you want a whole new single payer system which will increase unemployment and taxes or just reform of the insurance companies and there way of doing business, across state lines etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

All of things about his experience are true, and despite that and the lunatic tea party, he's doing a fairly good job, we aren't fighting any new wars, and we're winding down the wars we are fighting. George Bush was a governor, and has some of the experience you said Obama doesn't have. Bush's father was a president for god sakes and still Obama presidency has still been more productive than Bush's was. Not to mention Bush had the experience and he was still puppeteered.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And I'm still waiting for somebody to explain why the Democrats didn't pass a single payer system ?
They had the votes and they had the support in 2009.

They didn't pass it in 2009 because that WAS a bridge too far for Republicans (and many Dems) who cared to have a re-election in 2010. It didn't help many of them, as it turned out....but that was the idea.

Additionally, the nation, as a whole, screamed and yelled to high heaven with the concept of single payer. Now it's become as many of us said it would in 2009. The system is SO screwed by half efforts and compromised disaster, people will demand what they once would have fought and feel grateful to get any form of it.

Interesting way to play this out and run the mental games...but it's been exceptionally effective thus far, if we're reading it right.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Phenom187
reply to post by CornShucker

All of things about his experience are true, and despite that and the lunatic tea party, he's doing a fairly good job, we aren't fighting any new wars, and we're winding down the wars we are fighting. George Bush was a governor, and has some of the experience you said Obama doesn't have. Bush's father was a president for god sakes and still Obama presidency has still been more productive than Bush's was. Not to mention Bush had the experience and he was still puppeteered.

We just have amazingly different views of where the country is at the moment.

No new wars??

#1. The current administration facilitated the overthrow of Egypt, a country that if not exactly a close ally was at least stable and not overtly antagonistic to America.

#2. He and his administration were the driving force in the destruction of Libya. This was a country that even handed over WMDs and had made major concessions to the United States in order to better relations.

#3. Went to bed while we had Americans under direct attack and slept while we had an American ambassador dragged through the streets and tortured.

#4. Clandestine actions are taking place in multiple nations in Africa. If we can only figure that we've told just 1/2 of what's going on, that would be 10 to 20 countries we are actually in.

Almost #5. We would be at war in Syria if not for Putin stepping in...

I could go on, but it would be pointless... If you like what you've got, you can keep it. (Unlike "O", I mean it when I say it)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join