It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melting Starfish and Odd Orca Behavior in Pacific Ocean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Carreau

There are other reports of seals with what appears to be radiation burns on their skin and Polar Bears showing signs of large hair loss. Nothing is being done about it.

Assuming you are right that it radiation sickness, what do you think can be done about it?

How about telling the truth for just once? Gee, what an idea. A newscaster and government that actually tell the truth, and consider all the possibilities when confronted with something unusual and worrying.

This reminds me of NIST not finding evidence of explosives because there were 'no reported loud noises' and so there couldn't possibly be any explosives involved on 9-11. So they didn't test for them...

Can't find what you don't look for.

As far as 'melting starfish' go, I used to keep marine invertebrates. Starfish actually do melt almost instantaneously when they die. They literally puke their guts out (their stomach comes out of their body) and they self digest, all within hours. A very difficult animal to keep in captivity and I'm sorry that I ever tried to keep them.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I never implied it isn't happening and frankly I do not know what the cause is. However, I do like to discount the obvious before assuming anything as it is a well established scientific process.

It seems that the answer would lie in the species themselves and that capturing multiple specimens and testing them for radiation levels would solve this dilemma rather quickly.

Why isn't this being done or has it been done?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Two great questions, why isn't it being done and is it being done? And if it is being done, what are the results? Here's another great question, why is Fukushima not being talked about in the MSM?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Maybe i can add to this , i recently got back from chignik Alaska, i was their for about 3 months , for the salmon run. When i had time off from work ,i would fish off the dock,quite often i would snagg one of these sun stars,and everytime i would pull them up they would start shedding leggs , it amazed me how their leggs droped right off...not sure if it was some sort of defence act or what.. But it was strange indeed...just my two cents

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Carreau

Two great questions, why isn't it being done and is it being done? And if it is being done, what are the results? Here's another great question, why is Fukushima not being talked about in the MSM?

Well its not being talked about because there is nothing new to report. MSM is a business first and foremost and as such they are required to maintain viewers to increase profits. People don't want to listen to reports with no new information and will turn somewhere else if that is what is being shown.

Not surprising in the least.

It would seem to me that the people most concerned about the animals and radiation, those claiming that Japan is the cause here, would have been the first to test these creatures for radiation levels. Using logic, I can only assume that this testing has been done and wasn't proved conclusively which is why they are not reporting actual data. The odds of the government hushing up information from multiple sources, especially when they are not the cause, seems unlikely.

I personally know many scientists who conduct research at the university level, mostly geology, who are about as anti-government as you can get and they would always find a way to leak out the information they have found. That being said though, I can't say either way what is the truth as I simply don't know.

Lets hope that our oceans are not being "lit up" however.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I agree with you. I can't say for certain that this has nothing to do with Fukushima, either, but wouldn't you think that Greenpeace, PETA, the Sierra Club and every other major environmental action group along with every anti-nuclear group out there has had people out there testing incessantly since this began just waiting for something even the tiniest bit concrete to show up?

If they can sneak cameras into Chinese slaughtering operations, they can obtain radiation readings of animal samples from our own coasts.
edit on 27-10-2013 by ketsuko because: wrong word

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

the emission of radioactive particles from Fukushima Dai-ichi continues until today and that the available source term [i.e. total radioactive release] estimates only deal with the emissions during the first weeks of the disaster, it is important to look at which source term estimate to use [...] UNSCEAR [United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation] bases its calculations on the source term estimate of the Japanese Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA), an organization that was severely criticized [...] for its collusion with the nuclear industry [...] The renowned Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU) found a release of cesium-137 three times higher than the JAEA estimate. [...] By relying on data from neutral international institutions rather than the Japanese nuclear industry, accusations of selective data sampling could be reduced. Also, it is important to include not only iodine-131 and cesium-137 in atmospheric release assessments, such as JAEA, but also radioisotopes such as iodine-133, strontium-89/90 and plutonium-isotopes, as they were also detected in soil, groundwater and sediment samples in Fukushima Prefecture.

The data has been manipulated and is has been found out, but msm is not reporting it.

An interesting fact for people living on the US west coast is also included in the UNSCEAR report: only about 5% of the directly discharged radiation was deposited within a radius of 80 km from the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power station. The rest was distributed in the Pacific Ocean.

NYTimes Experts: Fukushima is having bigger effect on environment than we expected, we don’t know what’s happening — Radioactive releases from plant spiking this year — “Worrisome problems”

So anymore comments?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Well you say that MSM isn't reporting it then go on to quote the NYT reporting it.

Not really sure what your point is.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

You keep coming up with a different argument with every post. And I've answered every point from you. OK I'm willing to bet that when the story was printed it wasn't even below the fold, but buried and it certainly isn't on the alphabet networks.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I'm only responding to the arguments you put forth and trying to determine what overall theory you are getting at is.

Are you concerned about the radiation leaking into the ocean or about how the media is or is not reporting on it. They seem like two different discussions entirely, neither of which came from me.

Since we obviously have no conclusive proof on what is happening out there than why would you expect it to grace the front pages of the media? And since there is no conclusive proof then why are you worried that the radiation is polluting the ocean to an extent that is dangerous.

Are you implying a giant cover-up? Are you saying that not enough media is covering this?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Carreau

There are other reports of seals with what appears to be radiation burns on their skin and Polar Bears showing signs of large hair loss. Nothing is being done about it.

Assuming you are right that it radiation sickness, what do you think can be done about it?

Until people stop saying nothing is happening and start to wake up NO nothing can be done. When the ones with the total of the knowledge finally tell the world the truth the world will DO something!

Yes the world does have the power to do something!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That's a dishonest answer. I was very clear in my OP what was happening, and what I thought was causing it. There was no room for you to misunderstand and in your first post you stated:

Has this ever happened to the starfish population prior to the Japanese incident and have whales ever exhibited unorthodox behavior before. If either of those had then it would likely throw out your theory that its caused by what happened in Japan. Best to get all the evidence gathered before you begin assuming.

I provided evidence that it didn't happen before Fukushima. You then moved on to proposing "some other event" caused it. But you did not offer one.

You then claimed its not being talked about because nothing new to report, I then showed that in fact there are "new" things to talk about. You then claimed that scientist would've reported problems and they haven't. I then showed that in fact they did.

You claimed a NYT story is proof of msm coverage but you didn't know about any of this or that report prior to me posting it.

Which brings us to your last post:

I'm only responding to the arguments you put forth and trying to determine what overall theory you are getting at is.

You are not "responding" to arguments I put forth, you are creating arguments to the information I put forth. If "Conclusive Proof" was the requirement for creating a thread on ATS, there would be very little to read around here.

I am saying that TepCo and the Japanese Government is most definitely covering up the facts of the pollution of the Pacific and the msm is most definitely not reporting it. That is not two separate issues but one in the same.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Carreau

Why are knowledgeable persons in the world still not allowed in to help with the plant? Russia has a lot of hands on experience and offered, where is the UN demanding the Do something?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Interesting how many people here turn a blind eye to the reality of nuclear waste in our waters....... nah, it's not a problem.

Reminds me of our last state premiere, who said that fluorite in drinking water isn't bad for you because you don't end up glowing from it.

And in there lies the answer........ we have to friggin wait for the whales to start glowing!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Carreau

Holly Molly!

Oil-drilling: Stop all at one

Fuku: Poor a billion tons of concrete over if if thats what it takes!

China built great wall eons ago, hows about a simple raised concrete bed to contain those tower plants in this modern architectural age!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

hate to be that guy Carreau, I'm actually a bit angry
not at you for allowing yourself to be mind-fuked
[yes that's meant to be fuku pun]

but that I'm having to play the role of debunker here*

The Mysterious Silence Emanating from those all too quick to verbally bitch slap and ridicule any speculation
[though very careful to adhere to T&C and even quicker to hit the alert button]
confirms much regarding their motivations and possible loyalties

a simple google image search on your pics

SHOW NO OFFICIAL LINKS TO THEIR ALLEGED SOURCES

thousands of links

to blogs

conspiracy sites

NO OFFICIAL LINKS TO THEIR ALLEGED SOURCES

just a little more digging, actually almost by accident,

doubtfulnews.com: stop-passing-these-scary-stories-about-fukushima-fish-around-social-media

Nuclear Fallout Map Claim: Message details effects of nuclear fallout from Japan across the western United States. FALSE

Origins: This map showing the projected path of fallout across the western United States following a possible meltdown of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Japan began circulating shortly after a massive 8.9 earthquake hit that country in March 2011. The map bore the logo of the Australian Radiation Services (ARS), an organization which has disclaimed any connection with it:
Australian Radiation Services is aware of information about radioactive contamination being spread from the Japanese nuclear reactor incident released under the ARS logo and name. We wish to be clear that this information has not originated from ARS and as such distance ourselves from any such misinformation.
News accounts reporting on Internet-circulated information about the situation regarding nuclear reactors in Japan noted that:
Some postings were criminally absurd and flat-out wrong.

One map that went viral showed color-coded plumes of radiation moving eastward across the Pacific and the prediction that radiation levels measuring 3,000 rads would reach the Aleutian Island chain in three days. Levels of 1,500 rads will hit the northern coast of British Columbia within a week and western North American "from Alaska to the Baja tip in 10 days, with radiation levels of 750 rads," the posting warned.

These numbers, which would kill or sicken quickly, have absolutely no basis in fact at all. And, according to a radiation expert at the Federal Emergency Management Agency, they are more typical of the levels that might occur after a nuclear attack.
As of 17 March 2011, officials were reporting that any radiation which might reach the U.S. would have "extremely minor health consequences":
A United Nations forecast projects the radioactive plume from the Fukushima facility would reach the Aleutian Islands on Thursday [17 March] and hit Southern California late on Friday [18 March].

The projection, calculated on Tuesday [15 March], gives no information about actual radiation levels. Health and nuclear experts emphasize that radiation in the plume will be diluted as it travels and will have extremely minor health consequences in the United States.

Read more at www.snopes.com...

Fukushima Emergency Claim: Image purportedly shows radioactive seepage spreading across the Pacific Ocean from the Fukushima nuclear plant. FALSE

However, that chart did not actually track or measure radioactive discharge emanating from Fukushima in 2013, or any other aspect of the Fukushima disaster. It was a plot created by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) immediately after the Tohoku earthquake in March 2011 showing the wave height of the tsunami that followed. It had (and has) nothing to do with the flow or spread of radioactive seepage from Fukushima.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

here's the Original Image had to dig quite a bit and a spot of divination too! www.nnvl.noaa.gov...

funny how some of the MAJOR LORD HIGH DEBUNKERS OF ATS
with their Mega-Monitored Computing Engines, their yottabytes of data, databases, sources, and connections
are just sitting this one out, though the more narcissistic ones will no doubt make an appearance...

Why is the MSM, all too willing to make Conspiracy Theorists out to be crazy, and never missing the chance to mock and denigrate them [hmmm... who does that remind me of?]
and to piss on the rising star of their competition:" the alternative media "
not pouncing on this one?

because it's too early in the game...
the psyops goal seems to be to crush CTs, " the alternative media ", and any real future whistleblowers

Once and for all...
[yes, some of those whistleblowers are fake]

they're just reeling out enough rope to let as many hang themselves as possible
Sept. 20, 2013: Tokyo's Daily Radiation Readings NOW Equivalent to Background Radiation Levels BEFORE March 11, 2011, Underscoring the Big Lie of Fukushima Radiation Hysteria

"Tokyo is 124 miles from the Daiichi Nuclear Power station in Fukushima prefecture, while Los Angeles is 5,541 miles from Tokyo. If "tons" (1) of plutonium had been spewed into the air from the Daiichi power station, as some Japan radiation hysteria promoters (E.g. Steven Jones, globalresearch.com.ca, see Footnote 1 at bottom of page) have wildly claimed, then you would have seen a HUGE and unprecedented up tick in Tokyo readings BEFORE such radiation could ever traverse the entire Pacific Ocean and show up on the west coast of America."

The background radiation readings in Tokyo have only IMPROVED -- as predicted -- since my last Tokyo radiation update on December 3, 2012, and now equal the background radiation levels recorded in Tokyo BEFORE the 3/11 attack on Japan and the nuclear bomb sabotage operations executed at the Daiichi Nuclear Power station on March 11, and 12 of 2011, a story exclusively broken and made public at this web site on March 12, 2011. The unrelenting torrent of outright fabrications, exaggeration, and hyperbole undertaken by Fukushima radiation hysteria promoters at EneNews (enenews.com...), or rense.com, or on every Leftist media outlet across America to pump up the unfounded assertion that Japan and the entire world is now engulfed in the death fog of a Fukushima radiation "catastrophe" that now is claiming to exceed (no less!) the radiation contamination caused by the Chernobyl disaster is an absurdity on steroids.

都内の環境放射線量調査
1日単位の測定結果
(Environmental radiation levels in Tokyo / day)
monitoring.tokyo-eiken.go.jp...

again sorry, much respect and all man, but better now than later

by tptb,

who'll be able to brush away any opposition by pointing back at the fukushima scare and then toss it
in the "Hoax Bin"/"Ludicrous Online Lies" category

as they rape the earth ...

edit on 28-10-2013 by Metaphysique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So, I thought Global Warming was the thing were supposed to worry about. It seems we have much potentially bigger problem.

When will Al Gore come in front of some Cameras and speak about Japan?? The Global Warming debate needs to expand its Horizons.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

The "Air" radiation has been dealt with along time ago. There was none. The problem is putting it all the Ocean which Tokyo would not see until they eat Sushi.

But wait, you can always fish from the other side.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It is beyond sad-the human race inherited a paradise planet and is ruining it completely.Makes me think of that song which includes the lyrics:"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot"
Whomsoever created this planet,however it developed,never mind from which point of view you approach it,religiously or scientifically,it turned out so that it was in perfect balance.That balance has been disturbed by the human race,more so in the last century than all recorded history-sooner or later some one or something starts paying the price for that-and as usual it is the most innocent+defenceless that falls first.
One can only hope that "Life finds a way" as that guy said in the Jurassic Park movie.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Maybe it has.

The fish caught were migratory, they had spent time in the waters of Japan. They did not acquire the cesium in California waters.

We report unequivocal evidence that Pacific bluefin tuna, Thunnus orientalis, transported Fukushima-derived radionuclides across the entire North Pacific Ocean. We measured γ-emitting radionuclides in California-caught tunas and found 134Cs (4.0 ± 1.4 Bq kg−1) and elevated 137Cs (6.3 ± 1.5 Bq kg−1) in 15 Pacific bluefin tuna sampled in August 2011. We found no 134Cs and background concentrations (∼1 Bq kg−1) of 137Cs in pre-Fukushima bluefin and post-Fukushima yellowfin tunas, ruling out elevated radiocesium uptake before 2011 or in California waters post-Fukushima.

www.pnas.org...
edit on 10/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join