It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunboats Seen Patrolling in Eden Isles, Louisiana

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have never figured out why people here seem suprised when they see military units moving or training. If you think about the huge size of the the military with reserve and national guard units in most communities it is incredible the military seems to maintain such a small foot print that people seem suprised to see them.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I'm surprised you don't see it as something new? In 2002, I saw a Humvee with a mounted machine gun in the turret pulling into the Flying J at Cheyenne, Wyoming. Outside of major movement of military equipment, that marked the first time in my life I'd ever seen a mounted gun outside an airshow and among the civilian population. EVER. I'd been trucking across the 48 states since 1995, at that point. So I'd hardly been sheltered on any level.

Since that first shock of seeing a mounted machine gun along side SUV's and soccer moms, I've seen a good many things I only saw on TV news in OTHER nations. Now...we see our military as much as any banana republic in the world. THEY are a world higher in quality, but apparently, their command level isn't...and has no more consideration for the mood and mental state of the public than the goons running the gun carriers in those other nations.

We used to be better than this. We used to care. Now, I swear, *WHEN* we see the first real life engagement of U.S. military forces vs. a live target on US soil...whatever that target turns out to be for the cherry popping, I doubt the public will do much more than whine, moan, write a few letters and go back to their TV programs.

This isn't the America I grew up in. That nation didn't have gun boats, helicopter gunships and gun carrying trucks running here and there as though the VAST training ranges built and maintained for their exclusive use ALL these decades (worked well enough before now) weren't there...
edit on 27-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: hit return a bit soon.. err

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Since that first shock of seeing a mounted machine gun along side SUV's and soccer moms, I've seen a good many things I only saw on TV news in OTHER nations. Now...we see our military as much as any banana republic in the world. THEY are a world higher in quality ......

What defines "quality" of troops when their sole function is to follow orders -- good, bad or illegal? Most troops will follow whatever orders they are given.

Another poster was talking about the boat troops being "pro-Constitution". That distinction will make little or no difference to their victims when they just-follow-orders.

Wrabbit2000
We used to be better than this. We used to care. Now, I swear, *WHEN* we see the first real life engagement of U.S. military forces vs. a live target on US soil...whatever that target turns out to be for the cherry popping, I doubt the public will do much more than whine, moan, write a few letters and go back to their TV programs.

I believe special forces were used at the Waco Massacre. No whining, no moaning, no letters. Nothing.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

As a person with a strong and long military history in my family, I will respectfully disagree. Strongly, but respectfully, with your take on the motivations and drive of U.S. Soldiers.

Also, if being pro-Constitution will make no difference, than what will? If our Military...which is made of you and me, by the way (Average people, I mean. Our friends, neighbors and family) then what is our future? I can answer that by simply asking which language you prefer to learn and teach your children? Standard Mandarin or Russian?

The US is one of 3 MAJOR world powers that require no other nation to act, fight or get into trouble it can't get out of. If we become too weak to maintain that? The other two will happily take what we can no longer hold......just as we would and have done in return over past decades. So....I put my complete, total and unquestioned Faith in what I know to be the American military. ......It's COMMAND...is a WHOLE different matter.

* As for Waco? You believe incorrectly. That's not guessing, but far more hours than was really healthy, spent reading the reports, forensics and trial transcripts of not just the Government but the Davidians themselves for the step by step of how that final day unfolded. Delta Force operators were there. No question whatsoever about that. They also observed...they did not directly act in the events.

.....Even if they'd WANTED to ..the FBI and ATF (Primarily the FBI) had absolutely no intention of letting the Texas Rangers or the US Army steal their thunder or their "accomplishment" in ending the siege....and the reports from the Rangers are blistering, unforgiving and make some of the MOST damning material of an official nature to ever come out regarding Waco.... You may want to look that up and read it at some point. It's a true tragedy, how that all ended.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Also, if being pro-Constitution will make no difference, than what will? If our Military...which is made of you and me, by the way (Average people, I mean. Our friends, neighbors and family) then what is our future? I can answer that by simply asking which language you prefer to learn and teach your children? Standard Mandarin or Russian?

Given the caliber of the typical politician, I don't know what our future holds. It's looking worse by the day. Same thing for our police and I'm afraid, our troops.

I can only think someone would have to be totally braindead, without any moral compass whatsoever .... to murder people with a missile drone. I can only think the criminal trash giving the orders to the drone operators would be even more corrupt .... purely psychopath or evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join