It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney Cancels Toronto trip, says Canada is Too Dangerous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
this....coming from a man who shot someone in the face with a shotgun......

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Regardless he shouldn't be permitted to step on Canadian soil.

He is the antithesis of everything that makes Canada, Canada and differentiates it from the US.

We don't want him in Canada he doesn't belong here.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Sympathy? Crap! Just I'd do the same as he did. This is called understanding, an empathy, not sympathy.

I have an admiration for his integrity to his viewpoint and indifference to whether or not it's popular.

Like it or not, he has a very large number of supporters in the U.S., including myself. Merely because the major media hung him out to dry doesn't mean everyone bought into it.

Meeting of minds? Perish the thought...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Aleister

do you think Cheney himself has the worldview that he was totally correct and that history will eventually honor him? T

You can hear straight from his mouth what he thinks of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars...

Cheney interview with Charlie Rose Part One

Part Two

It aired in February of this year. I don't remember all the details but I do believe I recall he never apologized for anything, never said the wars were wrong or, not that I recall, admitted any mistakes personally. He did say that the Administration made some mistakes.

Love him, hate him or indifferent, it's an interesting interview. At least I thought so.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

In the arse, not the face....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Really? What "makes" Canada? What does it stand for? What is Canada??

Other than "not the U.S.", that is.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

No, it was the upper body and face area. That's what the final reports on the incident said. The lawyer who was shot had even suffered a minor heart attack attributed to the shooting a few days later.
edit on 27-10-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

nwtrucker

Canada is perhaps the greatest of all the countries. We make it a point when visiting over seas to point out we are not American.

The only thing America has...military. Otherwise no one would care.

"not the U.S." is something we take pride in and shout to the world.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

nwtrucker

If you haven't figured that out by now, then walking you through it won't make it any clearer.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

OK, I stand corrected.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Bull.

That's about the weakest answer if seen yet on this site and that's saying something!!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

And the three stars confirms just how many of you can't even begin to answer it!

Hint, that's a challenge.

Any takers????

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm rather proud he considers us Canucks such a personal threat.
edit on 27-10-2013 by ArchAngel_X because: typo

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

nwtrucker

Bull.

That's about the weakest answer if seen yet on this site and that's saying something!!

Thanks for proving my point. Happy Trails, eh?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

yup,,,,here's a Canadian only HINT,, 3 stars,,,or as u said "And the three stars confirms"

any Canadians out there,, want the 3 stars of tonights post,,,

okk,,ill start ,,first star,,Johny,,goes to,,,,P.M Cretian,, for the ,,Killer Kulawski,,,,"CLAW"
edit on 10/27/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That's what I thought.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

nwtrucker

I had to laugh at this left wing post.

At a time when Putin would be a better American President than the moron the U.S. has now, the only rhetoric left is "it's Bush's fault" and when even that one wears out it's Cheney.

I'm curious. What "war crimes"? What mistakes? Was he president? Hello?

It doesn't even approach the area code of logic.

As far as "arresting" him in Vancouver....Canada doesn't have the guts!

I'm getting SO tired of people who see everything as left wing or right wing...

As far as war crimes go, Cheney was president in all but name for most of Bush the Lesser's brain dead reign. He just hid behind Dubya's skirts, so to speak.

I noticed something in a new 9-11 video that came out a while back; there's a tape of Cheney saying that after he saw the second plane hit, he 'spoke to Bush' and then the Secret Service came and whisked him down to the PEOC. His secretary was also quoted as saying that immediately after the second plane hit the towers, she heard a commotion in the hallway and it was the SS running down the hallway with Cheney in tow. No mention of putting a call through from Bush or any call at all.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst at the time to Cheney, we had video of Bush sitting in the classroom like the consummate clown he was after being told, 'a second plane has hit, we're under attack' for what, over 8 minutes? It reportedly took him about 20 minutes in all to get to a phone, and then communications were very difficult, even between the White House and Air Force One.

Since this was the point where a shoot down order would have been discussed or given, I'm increasingly convinced that it was CHENEY who gave the shoot down order for any remaining hijacked planes (especially ones that might be rebelling and screwing up the real traitor's plans) and that's one of the more compelling reasons that Cheney and Bush didn't want to go in front of the 9-11 Commission but finally agreed to only if they could hold hands, not under oath and without a record of the questions and answers. They both knew the consequences if this little tidbit got out.

Perhaps a Constitutional Law Scholar would like to comment on what the charges would be if a Vice President were to order fighter pilots to shoot down a commercial airline without prior authorization from the President of the United States? Something tells me it would be a major legal issue...as in at least a limited coup d'etat.

PS: If anyone wants to debate the 9-11 scenario, save it. If there's still any fools left who can look at the towers in mid-collapse and think it was a fire and gravity led collapse and not extreme explosive events, you really need to go to logic school, not spend your time here.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Cynic
It's great that he decided to cancel.
We have enough political idiots in every party in Parliament now, we don't need another one.

Nodding in agreement. May he stay away. I'd like some strong assertive, protests world wide. Never ending until they're gone and the high tech comes out, earth cleaned up, all equlaized in abundance and they are eating humble pie, donning monks robes, shaving big fat zero's in their heads and waiting on everyone hand and foot, all of them, royal families included.
edit on 27-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Unity_99

Cynic
It's great that he decided to cancel.
We have enough political idiots in every party in Parliament now, we don't need another one.

Nodding in agreement. May he stay away. I'd like some strong assertive, protests world wide. Never ending until they're gone and the high tech comes out, earth cleaned up, all equlaized in abundance and they are eating humble pie, donning monks robes, shaving big fat zero's in their heads and waiting on everyone hand and foot, all of them, royal families included.
edit on 27-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Confusing, but mostly agreed

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

What makes Canada, Canada? Well speaking as a Canadian, we are inventors, humanitarians and we are pretty darn funny to boot. We value modesty, honesty and kindness. We are not perfect, no country is and we may not have the military bully jacket to go around dissing other countries as inferior to us but that's really not our M.O. anyhoo. Humility is an underrated value in our opinion. That being said, we will have no issue taking the piss out of someone who gets too high and mighty for their own good, mostly in jest but we still get our point across.

Many of the items and services that make your life easy were in fact invented by Canadians. We tend to hold being polite in high regard, unless that is, you push us too far. Probably what makes us 'scary' to Cheney, you know being a military man the whole war of 1812 probably still weighs on his mind.

Canadian Inventions

But more importantly we have a rich french culture, hello Poutine, best comfort food ever! We don't have TSA, amen for that one. Our taxes provide dental care for our kids, medical care for all of us, quarterly GST rebates, child tax benefits monthly for parents to help with the cost of raising said kids. We have vast natural resources that many countries wish they had. We are really big on protecting our national forests and parks and have the 3rd largest fresh water supply in the world. Of course if you counted the frozen north of Canada, the statistics on that one would probably be higher. Then we have vast amounts of natural gas, oil, etc.

Basketball is Canadian btw, how is that for cultural bleedout to the south?

Basketball origin

So is hockey..

Hockey

Contrary to popular belief held by some Americans we do not derive our culture from the United States, many of the cultural pastimes, foods, etc. America imported from Canada. So to stick your nose up in the air at your closest nieghbour as though they are beneath you, scoffing that Canada is nothing compared to your country is just childish. I didn't see anyone attacking the United States on the thread, only particularly sharing their dislike for Cheney, whom I don't see as being typical of the average American, so I'm really not sure why you felt the need to insult Canada and Canadians in such a way. But I hope that fulfilled your idea of a sufficient answer and if not, you just hate us, that's your deal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join