It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney Cancels Toronto trip, says Canada is Too Dangerous

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Born in Vancouver, 1950.

Lived in the U.S. since 88, currently about 100 yards from the pacific Hwy crossing in Blaine, Washington.

So...yes there is and no you don't. Yours is just one view of it and there are many in Canada as in every country. Most of those, at least outside the Armed forces, seem to stay a bit quite about their views, but when in the Unexplored Southern Area, speak a little differently than at home.

P.S. I have family in both and love them both. Siamese twins connected for 5,000 Kms makes it ill advised to wish either ill.....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
When Darth Vader starts saying even CANADA is too dangerous for him to tread? He needs to take a moment and look in the mirror. The problem lay with HIM, not Canada.

Really.. Of all the nations.. When the Canadians hate you that badly? Seek help somewhere, is my thought. There is a big big malfunction somewhere and the whole population across that Northern border isn't where it's broken.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't be too quick to judge. Canada can be a dangerous place for a politician that we aren't happy with. Our PM pied.

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by Connector

I had to laugh at this left wing post.

At a time when Putin would be a better American President than the moron the U.S. has now, the only rhetoric left is "it's Bush's fault" and when even that one wears out it's Cheney.

I'm curious. What "war crimes"? What mistakes? Was he president? Hello?

It doesn't even approach the area code of logic.

As far as "arresting" him in Vancouver....Canada doesn't have the guts!

lol...yes my left wing post. Please point out ANYWHERE in my OP that you consider left wing. You do know that the National Post is a right wing publication, right?

I purposely made no mention of my political leanings, nor made any partisan remarks. Where did I mention Bush or make any observation of either the current admin or the previous. The post simply states, Cheney is scared to visit Canada.

Nice try

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
When Darth Vader starts saying even CANADA is too dangerous for him to tread? He needs to take a moment and look in the mirror. The problem lay with HIM, not Canada.

Really.. Of all the nations.. When the Canadians hate you that badly? Seek help somewhere, is my thought. There is a big big malfunction somewhere and the whole population across that Northern border isn't where it's broken.

Those were my thoughts as well. It seems like a satire......Canada too Dangerous to Visit....it's like an episode of South Park
If Canada's too dangerous, where is it safe? Methinks US military bases are his only foreign destinations left. There are really countries, that will arrest him for war crimes, the second he steps on their soil.
edit on 27-10-2013 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Let me guess.............

You cheered Bush for the Patriot Act, but you hate Obama for the NDAA?

Just trying to show how fraudulent the left/right paradigm has become, and why our country is in the crapper for those of you who keep defending those whom obviously work together to destroy our Republic, while the masses that vote for them, fight over which actor acts the best to convince their brainwashed supporters!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

seeker1963

I could be wrong, but doesn't Canada have a warrant out for his arrest as a War Criminal???

Here's some relevant data to answer your question alittle more closely

TorontoStar

Amnesty International wants Canada to hand him ( Bush) a “go to jail card” on charges of directing torture during the CIA’s secret detention programs between 2002 and 2009. Canada has ratified the United Nations Convention Against Torture, and the Canadian Criminal Code says that anyone suspected of torture can be arrested and subject to criminal investigation when he enters the country.

But it’s not going to happen, says Immigration Minister Jason Kenney.

The same pertains to Cheney. So I guess it's the protesters he scared of and not being in control of the media fallout..........

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Thank you for clearing that up for me!

After I wrote what I did initially in the thread, I sat back and said to myself, I think it was Bush I was thinking about.

Thumbs up to you for doing the research, I should have done myself!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
One day that idiot is just going to be found in his house a la Howard Hughes if he is worried about my country.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Don't forget about our angry politicians too! Don't get in their face or they'll take you down!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You know I think that gave Jean a lot of popularity points.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

intrepid

He got multiple S&F from me for that.......gangsta before Putin

If memory serves.....wasn't it Chretien that beat up and held a burglar at bay with an Inuit carving?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Even more so, the fact that he kept us out of Iraq!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
He's lucky our government isn't sided with the people on this issue or he would be wary to ever step foot near the Canadian border. Most wouldn't mind at the very least his being tried in a court of law to actually determine his innocence, which should happen regardless. If he didn't have something to hide he wouldn't feel the need to prevent such a thing?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Connector

intrepid

He got multiple S&F from me for that.......gangsta before Putin

If memory serves.....wasn't it Chretien that beat up and held a burglar at bay with an Inuit carving?

Yup:

Security at 24 Sussex was overhauled following a November 1995 attempted assassination by André Dallaire, who wandered around the house and grounds for nearly an hour before being confronted outside Jean Chrétien's bedroom by the Prime Minister's wife, Aline; she locked the door to the bedroom while Chrétien guarded it with an Inuit stone carving. Ultimately, Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers arrested Dallaire. Measures put in place after the attempted assassination include the addition of several more guards to the house's attache, the installation of crash-proof barriers within the main gates, and the addition of several more security cameras.

en.wikipedia.org...

Trudeau flipping off the media back in the late 70's. Our leaders tend to be, um..... more hands on.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

JohnnyCanuck

Even more so, the fact that he kept us out of Iraq!

True. Didn't we have a mad cow scare that year that kept our beef out of America?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Old war criminal better sit still and stay in the States. Darth Cheney knows he can't leave the country.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I wasn't referring to you, per say, re Bush, etc.

Still, if I was in his shoes I'd have done the same. With the so-called "great" R.C.M.P. security, Cheney was not met with "Canadian" hospitality.LOL.

Your post is still derogatory to Cheney and he's an old and ill man. Prudence isn't fear.

Same vein as the rest of the left...whether you see it/admit it or not. Nice try.

edit on 27-10-2013 by nwtrucker because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

nwtrucker

Your post is still derogatory to Cheney and he's an old and ill man.

Normally, as a rule, I never quote one specific sentence of a reply, whilst ignoring the rest, but this situation requires just that......

Really...... you're campaigning for sympathy for Cheney?

Wow....don't think we'll ever come to a meeting of the minds here then.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Well, to be honest, I wasn't to concerned with the Patriot Act in the beginning. Especially since Canada, Britain, Australia and the U.S, have been spying on each other's citizens and swapping the info with each other for years to avoid "breaking their own Law"...cough, cough.

At least with the Patriot Act, there was supposed to be over-site. My bad on that one.

My view on it, and Cheney, was based on a military dynamic, not political

While I supported the initial invasions, once the political will to do what was necessary to win was lost, I'd have pulled them out long ago as a waste of lives and money.

IMO, no matter who pulls the so-called strings, some need to be dealt with....
edit on 27-10-2013 by nwtrucker because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join