It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Druidry/Alternative spiritual practice and why Christianity despises it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

LoneGunMan

Bayy007
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Let me ask you this though, although you were I grant MUCH more experienced than I am in Tarot readings. I think the way you went about it is different. Why did you practice tarot cards,? Why did you walk down that path in the first place?

I read Tarot to help others find their way.

I got into the path to help myself understand life.

My practices were not for gain in the material but for knowledge of what is on the other side of the veil. I practiced the craft to get protection and guidance. The only thing I asked for was my metaphysical store and that was so I could help others find their way. It was all about the light. I was a whole person, a firefighter/EMT a father of my stepchildren and stepgrandchildren, never had children of my own blood. Thank God or they may be dead now too.

I never asked for power or personal material gain. All is not how it seems, I cannot write it all on an online forum. I was a Shaman as pure and positive as I could be.

I can't claim to understand why you chose all these negative
experiences. I'm certainly not looking down my nose at you.

I too had a 'dark night of the soul' period, like most people
do at one time or another. It was after battling the fake
5th Buddha named Maitreya over 30 years ago. FYI all
my Christian friends think that I actually battled the
anti-Christ.. so when I say that a child of God can stand
up to ANY 'supernatural' horror, I'm not pussy footing around.

But I will be the first to admit, that after the Hollywood-esque
public combat before 10,000 people, I fell out of balance..
I became "proud".

What happened after that was a nasty little wakeup call for me,
and I was in that dark night for a long time..

But that dark night of the soul was necessary for me, as a learning
experience. One thing that I like to say, is that Life is a group
effort. When we forget that.. when we put everything on just
ourselves.. and get tunnel vision.. we crap up our lives.

After you hit bottom, maybe you will find the gift that was
the entire reason for this to begin with.

Love,

KPB

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

Take a deep, calming breath... You don't have to justify the path you choose to anyone. Which I think is what bugged you so much about your pushy Christian co-worker and her insistence on trying to convert you. Go forth and follow your path and learn all you can!

I will say this... My Aunt is a "born again" evangelical Christian. Part of her belief system includes that she must "witness" to non-believers and "share Jesus" with them. In their world, they are trying to save us from an eternity of separation from God and we are willfully rejecting their genuine caring offer of help. Eternal separation from their God is the worst thing they can imagine, so they are trying to rescue us from such an awful fate. Their hearts are in the right place, they just don't understand that non Christians don't share that perspective and don't necessarily appreciate it being constantly parroted to us.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

One more thing and i have to log out.

You said you do not open portals or gates?

Then you don't even open your deck of cards?

Every-time you do a spread you are opening gates and portals, where did you think the information comes from? You asked how I assumed you were using this energy the same as me? I am a very talented psychic. Believe me when I say be careful.

Learn a LOT more or get burned by the power you are playing with.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Prayers of my own kind for you brother.

I'm not sure why things turned out the way they did for you, this world is a harsh place but you are not alone.

There are many of us feeling the same way.

No one, person or animal can ever be replaced but there are so many lonely people and homeless animals out there. Maybe your situation happened so you could help them, and they help you in return.

I wish peace for your heart.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

signalfire
Mental illness turned into Christian zealotry. She needs it desperately to feel centered and can't understand why you don't need it just as desperately. Besides that, if you become a Christian, that validates her own take on things, and gives her a built-in friend, to boot. The magazines were a friendship offering and you said no.

The big takeaway here is that ALL religionistas are crazy and the more zealous they are, the crazier they are. If they were Muslims instead, they'd be all on about 72 virgins waiting for them in heaven and keeping women wrapped up in black cloth from head to toe.

This is what happens when lies are held out as truth to impressionable or unstable people from birth on, and truth is ridiculed and demonized. We live in a world where insanity is the norm.

I totally agree with signalfire here, and yet I also consider myself a Christian…

The problem with most (so-called) 'Christians', is that they are hung-up on the Bible as literal 'truth', and what's worse, most of them have never even really read it, they are "hung-up" on various interpretations of the Bible as read by others…

God does not live in the Bible...He lives in the heart. To truly be a Christian, one must live from the heart of Christ's teachings of: non-judgement, forgiveness, and Love for all peoples…

The truth is:
You do not even have to believe in Jesus in order to be a "true" Christian….anyone who follows a path of "non-judgement, forgiveness, and Love for all", is destined for the same Heaven as anyone who "truly" follows Christ…

p.s. It's also okay if you don't believe in God, all He ever asked was that you allow Him to believe in you...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here is the doctrine stated on my Aunt's evangelical organization's web site:

DOCTRINAL STATEMENT We embrace the following truths, allowing them to guide our words, actions and attitudes: We believe the Bible, the inspired Word of God, is completely trustworthy, speaking with supreme authority in all matters of belief and practice. We believe in one God, who exists eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We believe all people, being created in the image of God, have intrinsic value, but as a result of sin are alienated from God and each other, and therefore in need of reconciliation. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, is fully God and fully human; He demonstrated God’s love for sinners by suffering the penalty of death in their place, rose bodily from the dead and ascended to heaven where He intercedes for His people. We believe all who repent and trust in Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Savior are, by the grace of God, declared to be right with Him, receiving forgiveness and eternal life. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ will return personally in glory, raise the dead, and judge the world. We believe all people will rise from the dead, those who are in Christ to enjoy eternal life with God, and those who are lost to suffer eternal separation from Him. We believe in the Holy Spirit who imparts new life to those who believe in Christ; through His indwelling presence and transforming power He gives assurance and equips believers for holy living and effective service. We believe the Church is the body of Christ, the fellowship of all believers, and is commissioned to make disciples of all nations.

Key point is this one:

We believe all people will rise from the dead, those who are in Christ to enjoy eternal life with God, and those who are lost to suffer eternal separation from Him.

That's why.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

hahah thank you... I need that.. It's just so frustrating. I just don't get people, and their lack of understanding for others. That's a really good perspective though I think that's what this Kay lady is about. I just don't get it I mean were all supposed to be there for one another we have ENOUGH in this life to fight through (cancer, sickness, etc.)without having to fight through each other. All I'm asking for is if I can be understanding of your practice though I don't believe it I only hope they could give me the same respect. But this world we live in isn't perfect and that's how we learn, I hold true in my belief that one day all will love and be accepting.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

With music, a person must play in tune. Not too high and not too low. A true performer will not rush or drag. The style of the music on the score must be expressed. Volume must be set. Too loud and you stick out. Too soft and you are not heard. The best musicians have mastered the art of staying in the center of all degrees. When this happens, real music emerges and not just sound.

With our own faith, the same applies. Law is comparable to music theory. When a truly faithful person is performing with the instrument (body), all of what I mention above is the same. Wickedness and self-righteousness are extremes. True righteousness is merely staying within the mean of the notes on the page. No words of judgment are necessary. Truth is simply the part we play.

God's law is a theory of practice and patience. It takes trial and error within every degree of life. Why do I mention this in relation to music? How does this relate to paganism? It's simple. When a true musician gives a performance to the audience, they are expressing hours of hard work and practice in one simple act of expression. A true musician is seen by the quality of their work.

What is religion? True religion is giving to others. What is given must first be earned. Earning requires suffering first. True religion is marked by the fruit that is given to others.

James 1

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

What is Paganism?

A pagan is one who uses the law to take for self. Paganism is marked by the fruit that is produced. Self is the benefactor.

There are two forms of wickedness. One is simple evil done on purpose. The other is the same, but goes by the name of self-righteousness. In either case, the person is acting against others and not in harmony with them. Only one ideal marks true worship and adoration. The person following the law is marked by the work they do for others.

On either side of this ideal, you will find people working against others in disharmony. A true musician never does this.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

LoneGunMan
reply to post by Bayy007

One more thing and i have to log out.

You said you do not open portals or gates?

Then you don't even open your deck of cards?

Every-time you do a spread you are opening gates and portals, where did you think the information comes from? You asked how I assumed you were using this energy the same as me? I am a very talented psychic. Believe me when I say be careful.

Learn a LOT more or get burned by the power you are playing with.

Bayy007...

This is to Bayy007 but I wanted to reference the LoneGunMan's post here.

I'm from the side of encouraging you to go forward with your learning but I also want to chime in that it isn't just the Christian types who feel this way about Tarot and other divination tools.

I read for a living. Witchcraft is what I do and Tarot is a big component to my income. I read it, breath it, and sometimes eat it so I'm definitely a fan of the art. With all that said, I agree with LoneGunMan here. They are portals of one sort or another. I just don't agree that this is a bad thing, though. Divination simply wouldn't be as effective if there were no contact with the other people. But to think that there is nothing to be watchful about could be a mistake.

There are those who read with the thought of there not being a possibility to be in contact with a negative or evil entities and then there are those who believe they are all evil. Both of those types of people are wrong. The fact is that the "other people" are just like over here. There are jerks over there just like over here. Some may be deceased people and some other may be demons/angels (same thing in my book). But, without discipline or at least some sort of action being consciously taken to protect yourself, you do run the risk of bringing some of that residual negativity with you. But it's no different than any other hobby. If you skate, you wear a helmet, right?

So, take what all of us are saying with a grain of salt as only you can really direct the narrative of your spirituality but just take baby steps. Reconstructionist groups that bring back the Druid paths and others like Wicca, Asatru, etc., they are most useful as a discipline tool that helps keep you paced. Again, I'm totally encouraging you to keep going but I wanted to make it clear that it's a powerful medicine, to be used and abused according to your actions.
edit on 27-10-2013 by Cuervo because: pronouns and what not...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Of course I open my cards, how else would I read them? I don't sit there and say open this portal and call upon just anyone or anything to guide me.

Moreover, I look for the answers within myself, my higher self. That's who I speak to, why would I call upon anything else to answer the questions that only I would have the answers to? I don't pull cards religiously either I save them for serious matters and when I feel I need guidance in something and have exhausted all other avenues. I don't go to them looking for silly things or when I'm going to die. I do it to ground myself in matters I already know but it just gives me that extra push to do what I need to do. I have only read for one other person and just from that one reading it helped them clear up a lot of the cloudiness they were in. When I pulled for them I spoke to their higher self. It's a very natural thing to do. We were obviously given this gift for a reason but like any gift use it the wrong way and it'll come back to haunt you. This is something I understand clearly and will be strong in protecting myself against it. I'll learn as I go that's the natural way of life.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

lostgirl

signalfire
Mental illness turned into Christian zealotry. She needs it desperately to feel centered and can't understand why you don't need it just as desperately. Besides that, if you become a Christian, that validates her own take on things, and gives her a built-in friend, to boot. The magazines were a friendship offering and you said no.

The big takeaway here is that ALL religionistas are crazy and the more zealous they are, the crazier they are. If they were Muslims instead, they'd be all on about 72 virgins waiting for them in heaven and keeping women wrapped up in black cloth from head to toe.

This is what happens when lies are held out as truth to impressionable or unstable people from birth on, and truth is ridiculed and demonized. We live in a world where insanity is the norm.

I totally agree with signalfire here, and yet I also consider myself a Christian…

The problem with most (so-called) 'Christians', is that they are hung-up on the Bible as literal 'truth', and what's worse, most of them have never even really read it, they are "hung-up" on various interpretations of the Bible as read by others…

God does not live in the Bible...He lives in the heart. To truly be a Christian, one must live from the heart of Christ's teachings of: non-judgement, forgiveness, and Love for all peoples…

The truth is:
You do not even have to believe in Jesus in order to be a "true" Christian….anyone who follows a path of "non-judgement, forgiveness, and Love for all", is destined for the same Heaven as anyone who "truly" follows Christ…

p.s. It's also okay if you don't believe in God, all He ever asked was that you allow Him to believe in you...

Lostgirl,

you are exactly the sort of Christian that makes my heart glad.

I think that modern Christianity is so spiritually dead in
many ways and many places, that they even have to get
a pinch-hitter to fight their own anti-christ for them.

Being more like Jesus I get.. message received - salute!

All the jibber jabber that would have made Jesus
angry --- not so much.

If you need more than 1/4 of a page to 'get' Jesus, then
you don't get him at all.

Even nailed up on the cross, Jesus did not hassle anyone..
the exact opposite actually.

*shake head*

KPB

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

"There are jerks over there just like over here."

Very astute.

More often than not, if you love a 'negative entity' and
show it kindness, it will turn into a little butterfly for
you!

Now some entities like eating people.. and can in fact
hurt the very wounded and confused.

Those are the ones I'm not fond of.

It's as you say.. there are some MAJOR assholes on the
other side... just like there are a few cannibals still
in this world (or at least there was until recently..
not totally sure).

Thanks for your contribution.

KPB

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I see what you're saying and I agree. My dad went with me to buy them and I only bought them after years of deciding to finally do it. I don't feel I'm disregarding the danger I know the danger, I've met with the danger in my dreams and its not a pretty place. But at some point you have to overcome the fear and replace it with courage which is what I did and that let me know I was ready to delve into this sort of thing. I know the basics of protection and I reside with them every moment before I enter into this other dimension. With anything in life there is bad and there is good what you do with it is what makes the difference. I respect your authority in this matter and hear your warning. I have always known exactly what you say how there is jerks on earth and nice people and as well thee will be jerks in the other dimensions as well, it wouldn't be logical to think otherwise. I just know that there is more to this life then the little things and try not to sweat it too much.

Thankyou for your support.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Hi,
I hope you won't mind sharing your opinion on something….have to give background first...

I have a pack of tarot cards which I hardly ever use, but when I do it is always motivated by intention to receive guidance fromLoving powers (sanctioned by God, so to speak)…

Even in buying the cards, I asked to be guided by Love in choosing the 'right' ones, ones that only 'good' can work through…what is interesting is that the deck I ended up with (could not see the cards until after buying them - The Robin Wood deck) utilizes imagery which really resonates with the ideals of my relationship with Faith - for example the "Death" card is not a scary skeleton figure, it is a gentle looking, cloaked (no features at all showing) figure standing at a fork in a forest path, holding a flag with a white rose, and pointing a butterfly down the 'brighter' side of the path…

When I do use the cards, I always repeat the prayer that only 'good' be allowed to work through them…

My question: Do you think my cards are 'safe' for me to use? I mean, the thing is, surely God (Source, Light, whatever 'Name' one might use) would not allow lies or darkness to utilize the cards as a 'gateway' when I have specifically prayed for protection over them?

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I "know" for a fact that you are wrong.

What 'facts' do you have as to what the future holds ?

Maybe you could quote your source so that i can verify it.

@Boymonkey74
Since where in my post did i judge a person or the OP for following druidism ?

Those who judge will themselves be judged.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

You have said that he will not be able to traverse the earth because he is a Pagan, you are judging him because of his Pagan beliefs.
Leave it up to the big guy eh?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Rapha

You have said that he will not be able to traverse the earth because he is a Pagan, you are judging him because of his Pagan beliefs.
Leave it up to the big guy eh?

Its actually advising.

Its the same fact as those humans that wanted to mate with the fallen angels have traversed this world since the Great Flood.

What do you think ghosts are ? They are spirits of the nephilim. They chose their path. Everyone has a choice.

And there is always a consequence with every choice.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Ghosts are not real....
I wish Christians would stop with all this "advice" because many are sick to death with it, we have had it bleated in our ears for too long and have had enough.
Christianity will disappear unless the Christians change their ways.
Keep it to yourself or others who have fallen for another peoples view of God....Heck you even call God Master and Lord..don't you understand this was put in the bible by people who want to control you? people who are the masters and lords who wish to have a slave population...and you welcome it.
Pfft.
Use your freewill and stop being a sheep (Heck he even calls himself a shephard and you lot willingly accept being the sheep)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

lostgirl
reply to post by Cuervo

Hi,
I hope you won't mind sharing your opinion on something….have to give background first...

I have a pack of tarot cards which I hardly ever use, but when I do it is always motivated by intention to receive guidance fromLoving powers (sanctioned by God, so to speak)…

Even in buying the cards, I asked to be guided by Love in choosing the 'right' ones, ones that only 'good' can work through…what is interesting is that the deck I ended up with (could not see the cards until after buying them - The Robin Wood deck) utilizes imagery which really resonates with the ideals of my relationship with Faith - for example the "Death" card is not a scary skeleton figure, it is a gentle looking, cloaked (no features at all showing) figure standing at a fork in a forest path, holding a flag with a white rose, and pointing a butterfly down the 'brighter' side of the path…

When I do use the cards, I always repeat the prayer that only 'good' be allowed to work through them…

My question: Do you think my cards are 'safe' for me to use? I mean, the thing is, surely God (Source, Light, whatever 'Name' one might use) would not allow lies or darkness to utilize the cards as a 'gateway' when I have specifically prayed for protection over them?

What do you think?

I'm only an authority on my own practice and I only mentioned my experience so there was on mistake that I am passionate about Tarot.

As far as decks, if it resonates with you, it's for you. The Wild Wood deck has been on my list to get for a long while but I keep passing it up for other decks on whims. It's a beautiful deck for sure.

To answer your question (and remember, this is how I instruct but I'm by no means an authority), there are three different ways to read Tarot (or practice any divination, for that matter). Also keep in mind that these are my personal classifications so you'll likely read something running counter or indifferent to what I'm about to type.

One is the "psychic" method. Those types of readers are normally psychic in other regards and pretty much read the cards however they want but don't really get into the divine aspects of it. The second is the "spiritual" method. This is the style that the OP pretty much described using, only she calls them "higher selves" instead of what I would normally call them. The third is the "secular" method which is favored by psychologists and therapists. The Major Arcana has many connections to concepts made popular by Carl Jung and many people like to use Tarot in the most secular, non-supernatural Jungian sense possible. And you know what? It still works. All three methods work differently but there are pros and cons to each.

So, it works if you use your psychic gifts, it works if you use your religion or spirituality, and it even works if you use nothing at all other than a cold and calculated systematic method. When I agree that "it opens portals", I am saying that in regards to how I (and by the sound of it, the OP) read Tarot. Many readers read in a way where that is entirely not true.

I say a little something while I'm shuffling in order to do pretty much what you are talking about. What I do involves a lot of different energies and folks from the other side so my altar room for work is always in a state of emotional and spiritual flux. It's palpable on most days. I ask for help from the guides of the people I am reading for and sometimes those guides bring baggage with them that I need to get rid of after the reading. That's the trick. Unless you are literally contacting another entity with direct dialog or actively trying to summon something, you won't contract anything that a good cleansing and grounding couldn't clear up.

In short, intent is king. It will help with the accuracy and general disposition of the cards. If all you are doing is reading casually, a prayer like the one you mentioned should be filled with intent and is more than enough to keep you from catching too many critters floating around. It all depends on the reader, though. If you feel uncomfortable, stop for a while and revisit it later. If you feel good about it, then say your prayer and get ready to tell some fortunes!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Rapha
reply to post by Cuervo

I "know" for a fact that you are wrong.

What 'facts' do you have as to what the future holds ?

Maybe you could quote your source so that i can verify it.

I only said "know" (in quotations, too) to make my point. I don't "know" anything about what your god truly intends nor if he's powerful enough to impose his will against the people who don't subscribe to him.

And neither do you. You have your books and I have mine. I don't tell Christians that I "know" they are wrong because then I'd be a hypocrite with all my whining about religious tolerance and what not. I only said that to make you respond that way... I just didn't think you would literally.

That was my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join