It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Druidry/Alternative spiritual practice and why Christianity despises it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Mind you it was not why I converted. That is another story...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

LoneGunMan
reply to post by Cuervo

It all happened before I converted. I was deep in the arts when the loss began.

Everything that attached me to our beautiful world.

That's a real bummer to hear.

I really hope this new way works out for you. If it feeds a person spiritually and does not cause them to sour and harm others, I will support it 100%. So from one witch to a fresh Christian, I say: Blessed be your new path with Jesus, man. Represent and wear it well.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

signalfire
Mental illness turned into Christian zealotry. She needs it desperately to feel centered and can't understand why you don't need it just as desperately. Besides that, if you become a Christian, that validates her own take on things, and gives her a built-in friend, to boot. The magazines were a friendship offering and you said no.

The big takeaway here is that ALL religionistas are crazy and the more zealous they are, the crazier they are. If they were Muslims instead, they'd be all on about 72 virgins waiting for them in heaven and keeping women wrapped up in black cloth from head to toe.

This is what happens when lies are held out as truth to impressionable or unstable people from birth on, and truth is ridiculed and demonized. We live in a world where insanity is the norm.

Beautifully stated.

Now I myself have no problem with someone who actually
loves people, due to the quality of their relationship with
the unseen God.. and if they use Christian or Muslim or
Buddhist words -- I don't care... "By their fruits you will
know them" is a common phrase by some religious people..
so why don't these people look at their own fruits, and
realize how small-minded and hateful they are, while
their mouths say words about "God's Love". I'd hazard
a good guess, that 99 out of 100 people who keep talking
about "God's Love" have no clue, about either God
or Love.

KPB

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

Kay was probably desperate to convert you to Christianity because she already knows that after the 7 Year Tribulation and Judgement Day, pagans like yourself will not be able to traverse this world anymore.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This song is where I am right now. lol its so what I am now. Please listen so I can share my heart with you? A little prayer in your own way for me would be nice.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Rapha
reply to post by Bayy007

Kay was probably desperate to convert you to Christianity because she already knows that after the 7 Year Tribulation and Judgement Day, pagans like yourself will not be able to traverse this world anymore.

See what I meant OP

Also Ralpha it isn't up to you to decide what happens to others is it? Judging others is a sin so I highly doubt you will be able to traverse the world either.
edit on 27-10-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think it goes along with the view that everything not Christian-related is of the devil, including nature. That's because Satan supposedly rules the material world (which I certainly don't believe).
And, since love for nature is the core of your beliefs, it is interpreted as a kind of worship, in the same way that many believers will insist that everyone worships something even if they're just interested in it.

Oh, and the stereotypical image of Druids is shady. Hooded cloaks are evil and Satany, yanno.

edit on 27-10-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Rapha
reply to post by Bayy007

See, you are like that "Kay". You use the word "know" instead of "thinks" when damning others to hell. That is what makes people pissed off and close their doors on you.

I "know" for a fact that you are wrong. If you get defensive about that, how do you think it makes people feel when you actually tell them they are doomed for following what they know is true in spite of all the fear-based hate mongers who try to convert them with threats?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

LoneGunMan

Bayy007
Why would I make an enemy of a religious person if I told them I was a druid?

Thanks for your thoughts and your time.

I can tell you why.

First some background about me.

I had been into the left hand crooked path for many many years. I was a Tarot reader, practiced in the craft and owned a very well known metaphysical bookstore. I taught Tarot classes did reads professionally all across the state of Michigan. I was raised by an atheist father and a new age mother. I never went to church and felt the same way about Christians as you.

Two years ago I had a visit from Christ, now my lord and savior...being psychic a lot was revealed to me these past two years as a Christian.

It is not that you become their enemy...it is that they do not want to be near someone that tries to open portals and gates.

You will not believe me at this point in your life.

This is what happens that most Christians or new agers do not understand.

No matter what you do to protect yourself, the modern mind does not have the discipline to keep out the dark sides influence. Unless you were raised with the STRICTEST discipline to practice these arts you have motivations inside that are not disciplined enough to keep the deception out. This is just a fact of the universe. You would have to be raised without any influence of the outside world and have to practice strict discipline of the mind, body and soul to open these gates. Believe this: I have done it, I was very good at it, but alas I am but an American, raised with Americans in an American school system. This combination is some of the least disciplined practices in the history of mankind.

No matter how hard you try and protect yourself these beings will find a chink in your Armour.

Helena Petrovna Blavatsky born as Helena von Hahn.

She is the queen of the new age movement. This is where almost all the new age teachings come from. No one really knows exactly what the druids did, they did not write anything down. Almost all of these ideas of new age wisdom are from her.

So how can you be a practicing druid?

I bring this up to show you that you need to learn a LOT more before throwing spiritual beliefs around.

Be careful what you buy into. Good luck.

edit on 27-10-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

Friend,

Your story is sad.

You are actually correct in one thing, that a person with a hole
in their heart should not practice either a 'left hand path' or
a 'right hand path' or even practice religion -- until they heal
that hole in their heart.

You are also correct, that there are all manner of lying spirits,
energy sucking spirits, and horrors beyond all imagination out
there.

But if you heal that hole in your heart and make genuine selfless
love and other virtues your focus - not the obtaining of power
for personal sake.. then you don't need to be super educated
in all sorts of self-defense stuff.

Humans are innately 'power conduits'.. however our modern
world has broken us, causing that 'hole in the heart'.

If you healed that hole in your heart, then power conduit
that you really are, could back off the most staggering
deities and demons and spirits beyond all possible
imagination.

It's the natural armor of a child of God that is our birthright
as human beings.. any loving, innocent heart is flat out
immune to anything nasty..

It almost doesn't matter what path one takes.. guard the
heart.. seek to embody love and compassion ..
that is universal advice from nearly all traditions
of the world.

Love,

KPB

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Well said...The Pope knows this and that is why he is bringing about changes to his religion (saying a good atheist will go to heaven etc).
Evolve or die religion you can't stay in the dark ages when the world is moving forward.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
double post dunno why.
edit on 27-10-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

LoneGunMan
reply to post by Cuervo

It all happened before I converted. I was deep in the arts when the loss began.

Everything that attached me to our beautiful world.

My goodness, how sad. I am sorry for your losses, it must be crushing. Hopefully, your new found faith is helping you deal with all that!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Cuervo

Well said...The Pope knows this and that is why he is bringing about changes to his religion (saying a good atheist will go to heaven etc).
Evolve or die religion you can't stay in the dark ages when the world is moving forward.

Sir:

Can you link your assertion that the pope says that a good
atheist will go to heaven? I'm not saying you are wrong..
I just want to read it for myself.

If that is in fact true, a lot of Christians will assert with
100% belief that the Pope is indeed the anti-Christ.

KPB

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Let me ask you this though, although you were I grant MUCH more experienced than I am in Tarot readings. I think the way you went about it is different. Why did you practice tarot cards,? Why did you walk down that path in the first place? I don't try to open portals or gates necessarily I try to connect with my higher self. And maybe that's a little naïve because I'm young and inexperienced but I kind of understand what you're saying but I think the way we may have gone about the esoterical practices was entirely different. I know darkness exists I have seen it first hand and though you say you cant fight it because it'll always find the chink in the armor. well of course it will you have to count on the fact that the darkness will find that chink, it would be naïve to think it wouldn't. Whenever I go into something that could be dangerous I think of the worst possible scenario, and if I don't think I can handle it I walk away. When I was young I wasn't ready for it I had these psychic abilities where I could see ghosts and had a strong connection with the other world in my dreams I was afraid and so I turned that ability off. I am older and wiser now, Evil and darkness will ALWAYS be there its apart of every single one of us- the difference is is that you CAN fight it, if what you believe is strong enough I don't care what anyone says YOUR MIND is the most powerful tool you have and you CAN abolish it if you believe in yourself enough. I know were not perfect I know I, too have a dark side its about accepting that and overcoming it. I am not simply a "new-ager" I do not classify myself, I come from a long line of very intriguing genetics. My grandfather was a freemason and a genius at that he worked on the mission to the moon-he even had rocks from the moon and presidential citation for the work he performed, my dad works in sectors of the government where I don't even know what he does. I assure you I am not the average "new-ager". I seek TRUTH and KNOWLEDGE I know what's out there and I refuse to scare away from it. I resent the fact that you say I am "throwing my spiritual beliefs around". I have opinions based off of what I've experienced that's not throwing anything around because I am deeply rooted to my core beliefs its not something I just thought was cool and hey why not get into it. Everything I do, I do for a reason whether you believe that or not. I believe the way you went about things and maybe the way I go about things is very different. I do not feel the need to explain myself to you about my spiritual practices and how I should 'prove' I'm a practicing druid but To believe to your core is to practice. If you follow something you practice it. I have never even heard of this Helena Petrovna Blavatsky. Like I said I follow based off MY own PERSONAL experiences not off of someone else's. I have never read a book by this lady. I have grown up very open to everything and decided my path based off my experience. I have always been very firm when I believe something to be wrong and unjust. I take these matters very seriously and make it my personal mission to see an and to it. Although I am only one person, if enough people hear what I'm saying about certain matters(there's a million and one) if you knew me in real life you would know this to be true. It's not something I could ever explain or give proof to over the internet to someone who thinks we were on the same path which btw is very wrong to assume that.

Obviously WE ALL have a lot to learn and I never said I knew everything only that I am on the eternal path to knowledge and I know what I know and I don't have to prove that to anyone but myself. Because that's what matters, if I don't feel something I don't follow it. It's impossible to explain that to someone who though may have once kind of known what I'm talking about, and now does not.
edit on 10/27/2013 by Bayy007 because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry to hear you had a hard time before you switched faiths though. Keep your head up and stay positive, I know it sucks to hear but everything happens for a reason. We are ALL on our own path and it could lead in basically one or two directions something that makes us stronger (love and light) or something that weakens our heart and soul (darkness) and every decision we make takes us closer and closer to this fork in the road. There is a lot of bad in this world but there is also a lot of good and we all have to just band together sometimes to fight off the darkness.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Rapha
reply to post by Bayy007

Damn, Who isn't damned to hell in your perfect religion?

I don't think I want to be in your heaven. Filled with self riotous drones.
Try looking into what that guy JESUS taught. He had some good ideas. Much different than yours.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

boymonkey74
reply to post by Cuervo

Sir:

Can you link your assertion that the pope says that a good
atheist will go to heaven? I'm not saying you are wrong..
I just want to read it for myself.

If that is in fact true, a lot of Christians will assert with
100% belief that the Pope is indeed the anti-Christ.

KPB

He didn't exactly say that. What the Pope said regarding atheists

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Well that's my problem. Not hers. If that's how it happens then I will traverse this earth in a different way, but rest assured my soul is not going anywhere fast.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

www.independent.co.uk...

Of course the religious will claim otherwise because it lets "good people" into heaven regardless of what club you are in....the way it should be.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Bayy007

Let me ask you this though, although you were I grant MUCH more experienced than I am in Tarot readings. I think the way you went about it is different. Why did you practice tarot cards,? Why did you walk down that path in the first place?

I read Tarot to help others find their way.

I got into the path to help myself understand life.

My practices were not for gain in the material but for knowledge of what is on the other side of the veil. I practiced the craft to get protection and guidance. The only thing I asked for was my metaphysical store and that was so I could help others find their way. It was all about the light. I was a whole person, a firefighter/EMT a father of my stepchildren and stepgrandchildren, never had children of my own blood. Thank God or they may be dead now too.

I never asked for power or personal material gain. All is not how it seems, I cannot write it all on an online forum. I was a Shaman as pure and positive as I could be.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well that doesn't sound too far off. Although I know what is on the other side of the veil I shut off access to evil (sometimes it breaks through) and I get these terrible nightmares or thoughts but those fears will always be there, I have to stay strong in my mission here on Earth and only then will I overcome.

These things always have a root of where it all started. Is there a single occurrence that strikes you as this 'beginning' point of when it all went wrong? There has to be a reason....These things don't just happen unless you maybe called attention to your inner power and something dark latched on..I mean I guess its possible I don't know. I'm very sorry to hear that It sounds like you were a great person, helped people but I also have knowledge that it all starts from something. It may have been small? Even sometimes I get into my own bad ways and I retreat inside and let the anger take over but I try my best to counteract those feelings with feelings of love. Like for example if someone cuts me off I used to get really mad now I try to just not care. I would be interested though to know your story and thank you for sharing. Once you know where it began you can put an end to it. Its all about what you believe. If your new faith has helped you with all the tragedy then I am happy for you. It still doesn't mean that what happened to you will happen to everyone who practices this though..It's all about state of mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join