It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Wants Justice For 13 Year Old. Demands Release of Identities of the Cops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I wish there was an easier way to differentiate between pellet guns and real guns, but I've also seen pink rifles and various colored handguns. I can't come up with any easy way to do it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Zaphod58

I wish there was an easier way to differentiate between pellet guns and real guns, but I've also seen pink rifles and various colored handguns. I can't come up with any easy way to do it.

Mhmm because if you start outlawing colorful handguns then that's ruining someone else's right to express themselves or inhibiting the right of a company to make a profit. Can't have those things either, can we? But hey, when a kid gets shot because a toy gets mistaken for the real thing, the tendency is to blame the police officer.

I'm actually surprised that some posters on this thread felt that hazardous duty pay somehow is going to override one's natural instinct to survive as if police officers don't have loved ones to go home to, too.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Wouldn't make much difference either way.
As evidenced by the BART police execution of the handcuffed man on the back a few years ago, the cops can't tell the difference between their service pistol and their taser gun even though one is black and the other is yellow.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What if we look it differently, the two cops yup ok I agree could of acted differently been more careful before shooting I would like to see justice given due to their lack of professionalism in their job.

However put yourself in the cops shoes, you've just shot a 13 year old boy you are not exactly going to be over the moon with it. You've got to live the rest of your life remembering that day you shot a boy with a toy gun.
And then their names get released they have to worry about people following them, death threats and what not. I believe in justice but a witch hunt against two people who probably are in enough trauma already I think is a little unfair

If they don't have any regrets over what they did then well I hope they rot in hell

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That is one of the biggest problems today. They've made toys look real and real look like toys. Who can tell the difference anymore with the certainty required when death greets the "oops" moment?

^ Live Firearms.

(Source)

^ That's an Airsoft "Toy".

Now..honestly..if all other indicators were removed and there was no advance way to know ...who would choose which from which with 100% accuracy and no hesitation with a second or two to make that decision?

Just something to ponder, eh?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I don't believe a word the cops say. I do not believe they told the boy to put the gun down. I would imagine that it went something like this: "Bang bang bang bang bang; Stop or I will shoot". You will not convince me otherwise.

Really?

You conveniently left this part of the article out.

Witnesses say that at least one of the deputies yelled “drop the gun” twice.

The article you quoted from

Witnesses. Not Police Officers. Witnesses said the police ordered him to drop the gun before they shot.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

Zaphod58

According to reports it was a pellet gun, which doesn't require a plastic tip on it.

While I'm glad that the owner of the pellet gun didn't remove the orange tip, the fact that the manufacturing of said guns don't have the same requirement of said orange tip is actually even sadder. Any toy that replicates a gun should have a very clear identifier that it is, in fact, a toy. However, I suppose even that could be abused as a real gun could theoretically be modified to impersonate a toy. After all, I've seen pink rifles and whatnot, which I also think is the epitome of stupidity as it simply further blurs the lines between a real weapon and a toy.

At the end of the day, I suppose, it comes down to if you have a weapon out and the police request you to drop your weapon, common sense should prevail and the "weapon" should be dropped unless one intends to duke it out with police.

Agreed. My only problem is that either the police didn't even give the boy time to drop the thing on the ground, the kid took too long to drop it from the shock of grown, mean cops growling at you with guns pointed, or they didn't even tell him anything at all, and juts lit the poor boy up.

10 seconds between the call being made, and the cops shooting the kid. 10 seconds. That's it. Where in those 1 seconds do you think the cops, especially these days, told the boy to drop it, and open fire?

I will bet 1 million percent that the boy DID NOT DARE raise the toy at those cops, and probably stood there for 2 seconds like "WHAT THE FU** IS YA'LL DUDES PROBLEM", then they shot him.

Give a cop even the slightest reason nowadays, and your dead...

I stay far from them, I don't talk to them. I'm sure somewhere in this country, a "good morning" elicited an ass whooping, or bullet.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Yes, the gun had an orange tip.

Really? Again, here is a link to the article you quoted.
Your Link

There is a picture of the replica AK47 in the article.

I see no orange tip. I could stare at the picture all day and not see an orange tip.

You have all the time in world to study the picture and still will not see an orange tip on the replica AK47.

If you can not see an orange tip on the replica weapon, and you have all day, imagine you are confronting this person on the street. Imagine you actually believe it is a real weapon. Imagine only having a matter of a few seconds, after yelling for the kid to drop it, to make the decision to shoot or not because you believe you may get shot.

Get real.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I am not advocating a public lynching by any means.

You might as well. The second you immediately claim the officers are lying and discount independent witness testimony, you stop asking for any sort of fairness.

What you said in your first post.

I don't believe a word the cops say. I do not believe they told the boy to put the gun down. I would imagine that it went something like this: "Bang bang bang bang bang; Stop or I will shoot". You will not convince me otherwise.

It sounds to me you have already investigated, tried and convicted the officers. All that is next is the public lynching.

It is clear the boy was murdered in cold blood with a toy gun.

No. It is not.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Was the kid facing the officers?

Was he acting in a threatening manner?

I know from experience that the cops will kill you while being fully restrained and handcuffed.

I got arrest in california in 2008. I was cuffed and had seven officers holding me down while fully complying. During this an officer put a gun against the back of my head and told me he was going to kill me if i moved.
edit on 27-10-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
ORANGE TIP.. ORANGE TIP..ORANGE TIP.
I am getting a little sick of hearing all about the orange tip crap The cops are just using that to cover up the fact the messed up and boy is dead. I think in the end the whole orange tip bit is going to backfire. I see a time coming when criminals start to paint the barrel ends of real guns orange for two reason. One to make some one hesitate just a split second giving the shooter an edge and just for the fun of messing with peoples' minds. It is only a matter of time until there is a shooting where a real gun was used that had an orange tip. When that starts to happen from then on all guns orange tipped or not are going to be seen as real and kids all over the place are going to be getting shot just like this one did.

This is a FAKE
www.valleymartialarts.com...

This is FAKE
shop.ehobbyasia.com...

This is a REAL working weapon.
i3.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

He is right. Go get em! This is such a scandal along with the dozens that are now occurring every week, though this is more so, a 13 year old killed in cold blood and Obama's new Police force said they killed him because he had a toy plastic gun.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

I don't believe it.

How is that?

Would that be the first time you ever read some bullcrap in the MSM.

The kid was 13. Do you know how young that is??? That is a baby that just turned into a teen. What is that 9th grade??? Maybe?? You tell me that kid didn't crap his pants and drop everything upon being alerted by the cops. Bull puckey. That kid was crapping his britches. He sees all those cops with their firearms aimed at him and he doesn't drop the toy??? Horse manure.

Anyone that defends these cops are just cop defenders as far as I am concerned.

I cant go to my daily news sites without seeing another freaking abuse of police power.

This is scandalous. A KID!!!!! A 13 year old.

The FBI is there to tidy everything up.

And why should the shooters have any less cover that ANY other person that is being investigated for a murder?? Huh? That is just junk. There are people that are identified all the time in murder investigations. They have all been subject to the public scrutiny as a result of the newspapers and local media. Why the heck are these shooters of a 13 year old not??? Bull crap. They are suspected murderers. Just cuz they are police officers should not shield them from the same exposure any other citizen would have.

Anyone have an intelligent argument against that?? I would love to debate you.

On edit: Anonymous is releasing their names anyway. I am in total agreement. They have about 30 more hours to do it themselves.

edit on 28-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Looks like my point of view got missed

Put yourself in the coppers shoes you've just shot a 13 year old boy those guys have got to live with the rest their life knowing they shot a kid

Now with anonymous wanting to release their names, so not only have they got to live with the guilt they will soon have to live with people wanting to hunt them down. They will get followed threatened abused .. These cops might have families of their own. Last thing they want is people turning up at their door threatening them

I get a bit annoyed with ats sometimes there is a lot of cop bashing, I'm sure somewhere on the internet there are stories telling us about how brave cops have been defending people or helping out saving lives

Yes I do agree there are some pathetic cops who abuse their power. What job doesn't have those people.

Let's change the story a bit .. One of the cops who shot the boy lets say in a few months he saves a child by performing CPR because no one else around him doesn't want to do anything or doesn't know CPR .. How will the cop get treated then

It just seems when a thread comes up ats about a cop doing something wrong everyone jumps on the band wagon ready to slate the police

Personal experiences with cops .. I've had no problems with them but I'm in the UK we don't have trigger happy police

Edit: let's all face it none of us where there at the time this happened we are never going to get the full story. What would be your answer if the gun turned out to be real and the cops were shot .. Oh what of the cops were shot and killed it wouldn't be murder half of ats would class it as a false flag attack in a way to stop you guys from having guns
edit on 28-10-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

Second edit: if I had time I could flood ats with many stories of police officers putting theirselves in danger and saving lives. But 1. That doesn't interest the people they are so adamant at cop bashing 2. The thread would go unnoticed or 3. Some people would claim they are all stories from MSM and therefore are not real
edit on 28-10-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: More text

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

that raises a valid point....lets all just paint an orange tip on the end of our rifles...surely the all knowing police will act accordingly........

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I quoted the very article you quoted first.

So when you quote the article it is gospel, but when I quote the same article it is bull crap? I'm sorry but no.

The kid was 13. Do you know how young that is??? That is a baby that just turned into a teen. What is that 9th grade??? Maybe?? You tell me that kid didn't crap his pants and drop everything upon being alerted by the cops. Bull puckey. That kid was crapping his britches. He sees all those cops with their firearms aimed at him and he doesn't drop the toy??? Horse manure.

Yes, I do know how young 13 is. Thirteen is thirteen.

There are some 13 year olds doing some pretty heinous stuff in this world.

Was this kid doing something heinous? No. His mistake was walking around with a toy gun that looked extremely real and not dropping it immediately upon the very sight of a police officer.

Actually, it was more his parent's fault that they allowed him to walk around with a replica AK47.

If these were uniformed police officers in a marked police car, the child should have been taught that upon even sighting a police officer or police car you should immediately drop the replica AK47 because it looks so real. That is also the parent's fault for not teaching him that.

Anyone that defends these cops are just cop defenders as far as I am concerned.

This is a tragedy. Nothing else. A perfect storm of bad luck and bad decisions that turned out to be a tragedy for everyone involved including you. Why is it a tragedy for you? Because you have wasted your time trying to publicly lynch these police officers when there is real corruption out there that you could be bringing attention to.

All I'm saying is to be a little more selective in the fights you want to take on. This should not have been one of them.

I cant go to my daily news sites without seeing another freaking abuse of police power.

Both of these were in the same post of your's.

I'm sorry. Do you believe the news or not? Only when it fits your point of view? Maybe?

When you hear of misconduct on the news, most of what you are hearing is allegations. Anyone can make an allegation. It is very common. Most of which turn out to be unfounded because there is someone who goes over the FACTS which most of the time you don't hear.

Do you hear of officers being found guilty? Of course, because the same people went over the FACTS and found out the allegations were substantiated.

It is wrong to watch the news, hear allegations and automatically assume they are true without fact.

And why should the shooters have any less cover that ANY other person that is being investigated for a murder?? Huh? That is just junk. There are people that are identified all the time in murder investigations. They have all been subject to the public scrutiny as a result of the newspapers and local media. Why the heck are these shooters of a 13 year old not??? Bull crap. They are suspected murderers. Just cuz they are police officers should not shield them from the same exposure any other citizen would have.

Anyone have an intelligent argument against that?? I would love to debate you.

The officers are not being afforded any more cover then anyone else.

The investigation is ongoing. Once the investigation is complete, the report will be public record. And hopefully people will have settled down and gone over what the investigation found so no rash decisions are made.

ALSO, even the police don't release the names of suspects until they are officially CHARGED with a crime.

It sounds like you just want a list of names for your public lynching.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

As awful as this case is, and as much as i want the family of the dead child to have justice; i'm left thinking that if Anonymous are the watchmen watching the watchmen..

Who watches the watchment that are watching the watchmen?

Or something like that.

So some unaccountable private individual, under the guise of Anonymous get the personal info on these cops.

Will they handle it responsibly?

If an addy for the Cops in question is published or tracked down as a result of names being released, what about the wife or kids that may be present in the house that possibly gets firebombed? or the neighbours whose house catches fire as a result and have to hopefully get rescued before being burnt to a crisp?

I dont trust anonymous or the cops.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Certainly times have changed, i remember a time when things were different way back in 1994 myself and my friends would go out into the woods and have BB gun wars, occasionally the battles would end up on the streets and yards of our neighborhood.

I Actually remember a certain incident where Myself and a friend were attempting to flank the other group by jumping some fences and going though a yard, there was a random officer on patroll he saw us and stopped his patrol car and said to me out the window " Hey kid the enemy is over there " pointing at the other kids and he just drove off. Its incidences like this that make myself realize that how lucky i was to have grown up in a pre 911 world, it . Try doing that today and get the swat team over in full riot gear and an immediate death sentence.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Here's an idea, stop making toy guns.
Stop buying your kids toy guns.
Guns are not toys and they should never be associated with play or toys or anything of the like.

I never allowed my kids toy guns in the house. EVER.

Do you think there are kids in Pakistan or Afghanistan being shot by the local LEO's for carrying around toy RPG's? NO
because they don't make toy RPG's. You know why, cause they are a bad idea.
Kids there get assimilated to real weapons and they never treat them as toys.

For Pete's sake, stop buying your kids toy guys and manufacturers will stop making them and kids will stop getting shot by gung-ho cops who shoot first and ask questions later.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

That's all I have to say about Anonytards. I used to be a follower, but the majority of Anonytards are kids sitting behind their computers with absolutely no idea of what they're talking about or life beyond World of Warcraft or League of Legends.

So yeah, keep talking anonytards. No one cares.

**Edited to add**
You people need to get a grip too. This "kid" didn't look like a kid. The toy guns he was carrying? They were from what I understand airsoft guns designed to mimic real world guns in every detail. I also understand that the idiot kid had removed the orange cap at the barrel of the air soft guns (something required by law in the U.S. on airsoft guns).

The cops saw a young man with what looked like firearms in a place known for MS-13 gangs. He didn't comply with police demands.

They didn't see a thirteen year old kid with toy guns, they saw a young man with real guns. I support the police fully in their actions in this case. (Something I don't typically do.)

edit on 28-10-2013 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join