It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamafeed - 'Affordable Food Act'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What the “Poor Man’s Kitchen” act (as it is now being called behind closed doors) would do is force every American to buy the exact same foods as everyone else.

I have a problem with this line. I don't like potato chips and junk food. From what I have seen is that people affected by poverty here in the U.S. seem fatter than others. It's all those dollar menus from what I see.

Look around, you don't really see that many fast food joints around the wealthier parts of town but you can't look in any direction without seeing at least two in poorer neighborhoods.

If this bill is not a hoax, it will end up killing more people than the PPACA in the long run.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

beezzer
The Affordable Car Act

We already had that one as well.

Remember Cash for Clunkers? Yep, that didn't work out to well either.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

sounds like a nightmare ayn rand had as she woke up in a puddle of heroin vomit

sounds like a spoof or metaphor

think of money and food as forms of energy

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

not FDR but HH which actually that sort of makes it more ominous in a history rhyming way
given that emperor O likes to compare himself to past presidents I'd say Hoover definitely

President Herbert Hoover promised a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage, but Henry IV is credited with saying "I want there to be no peasant in my kingdom so poor that he is unable to have a chicken in his pot every Sunday", so maybe Hover just wanted to update this quote by adding the car in every garage.

wiki.answers.com...

sorry to be a quote nazi

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A grain of truth to everything I suppose. I mean how are the people in states that did not expand Medicaid and thus receive no subsidies to their Obamacare plans gonna eat after paying those premiums? Of course they will probably end up homeless anyway, so they will get their Medicaid card right after they fired from their jobs for poor hygiene provided they survive the three year waiting list for Section 8 housing in some god forsaken ghetto.

And this lives up to the original Hope and Change because lives are going to be changed for sure and it is only hope that will keep them trying to live.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Metaphysique

Obamacare sounds like a bad dream .... and yet it's real now.
I hope this is a hoax or someone just speculating on what could be next.
I really do ...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Anyone in congress can draft a bill, but it becoming law is something completely different. I am sure there have been plenty of crazy bills on both sides.

Now, if they really want to lower the cost of food, stop requiring corn to be used for auto fuel. That's what is partly causing an increase in both corn based products and meat. Of course, the droughts have increased the cost of food also, but that's not something we can change easily like getting rid of the ethanol requirements.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Kaploink
stop requiring corn to be used for auto fuel..

With all the people in this country going to bed hungry ... and all the people in this country on food stamps ... it's rather INSANE to be burning food as fuel. It makes no sense to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It could be a back-up plan.

In case the food stamp cards fail when the banks go "offline".

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Is not a hoax, this is the actually bill,

H.R. 3187 (111th): Affordable Food and Fuel for America Act

Introduced:Jul 13, 2009 (111th Congress, 2009–2010)Sponsor:Rep.
Joseph Crowley [D-NY7]Status
ied (Referred to Committee)

www.govtrack.us...

This bill was introduced on July 13, 2009, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.

11 cosponsors (6D, 5R) (show)

Bono Mack, Mary [R-CA45]

Goodlatte, Bob [R-VA6]

Maffei, Daniel [D-NY25]

Matheson, Jim [D-UT2]

Meeks, Gregory [D-NY6]

Moran, James “Jim” [D-VA8]

Myrick, Sue [R-NC9]

Radanovich, George [R-CA19]

Shadegg, John [R-AZ3]

Stark, Fortney “Pete” [D-CA13]

Thompson, Mike [D-CA1]

The things that goes on in congress and we sometimes will never get to know.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Im not sure how this is meant to be explained but i have been talking about this with a few friends for years. i think that making the government in charge of food for the poor is the wrong thing. think about it, someone might have already said this on here but i really haven't read all the replies, but imagine a scenario where the government has turned against its people and the people decide they will revolt and take back their country but what will they eat when the government cuts off the food, the water, the medical supplies, i live in the UK and beyond the NHS i am glad that our government doesn't control the food supply in the sense that this bill is talking about because if a revolution came and the food source was cut off the people would end up starving to death or turning against their own to get food.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Danny85

There are people who are trying to take over the water supply and restrict independent farming as well over here in the U.S.

It really doesn't bode well in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The act you linked to does this?

'Affordable Food and Fuel for America Act - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to phaseout the income and excise tax credits for alcohol-based fuels and eliminate such credits in 2014. Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to phaseout the tariff on ethanol and provide duty free treatment of ethanol in 2014. Expresses the sense of Congress that the savings achieved by this Act should be used to combat hunger in the United States and to develop domestic supplies of cellulosic and advanced biofuels.'

How is that even close to what the OP suggests? In any way??

And it didn't even get passed?

edit on k023410bpmSun, 27 Oct 2013 14:34:55 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

edit on k023610bpmSun, 27 Oct 2013 14:36:12 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Metaphysique

Obamacare sounds like a bad dream .... and yet it's real now.
I hope this is a hoax or someone just speculating on what could be next.
I really do ...

Of course it is a satire piece. It does not even try not to hide it. As for Obamacare being a bad dream the state of Massachusetts has had it since 2006 and some how they seem to be doing just fine.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Ahabstar
A grain of truth to everything I suppose. I mean how are the people in states that did not expand Medicaid and thus receive no subsidies to their Obamacare plans gonna eat after paying those premiums? Of course they will probably end up homeless anyway, so they will get their Medicaid card right after they fired from their jobs for poor hygiene provided they survive the three year waiting list for Section 8 housing in some god forsaken ghetto.

And this lives up to the original Hope and Change because lives are going to be changed for sure and it is only hope that will keep them trying to live.

Yes...I can believe that some "do-gooder" in Washington had concerns about the poverty level Americans and the fact that many families are indeed...going hungry. It's true...
I have also noticed that the poorer people I know (by poorer, I mean former middle class)...are NOT overweight, at least, anymore...I have noticed this happening for about a year now...lot's of people are losing weight. They CAN"T afford meat...they can't afford milk...they are living on Peanut butter sandwiches...so anyone who flippantly claims that impoverished Americans are fat, lazy slobs who eat nothing but junk because they are too dumb to procure healthier foods or find better paying jobs can kiss my arse after they've finished that $28 steak they got for lunch.
I'm not seeing a "terrible" conspiracy here...but it can be corrupted very easily, I will say that.
However, there's nothing wrong with being concerned with a demographic's nutrition to the point of drafting up a bill.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

You have to read the entire bill to find out, I don't have the link to the content, been a bill that is already defeated a few years back, it doesn't mean that it can not be brought back redefined. Specially now that the government can tax people under the Supreme court rules with the Obamacare crap.

I will like to find out if the bill is up again and what actually is in it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I found some of the content but, only to the fuel part of it, it doesn't say anything about the food even when it starts with the Affordable food.

7/13/2009--Introduced.

Affordable Food and Fuel for America Act - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to phaseout the income and excise tax credits for alcohol-based fuels and eliminate such credits in 2014. Amends the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to phaseout the tariff on ethanol and provide duty free treatment of ethanol in 2014. Expresses the sense of Congress that the savings achieved by this Act should be used to combat hunger in the United States and to develop domestic supplies of cellulosic and advanced biofuels.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Whole text here. Nothing, at all, to do with the OP.

www.govtrack.us...

Don't even know why you bought it into the thread to be honest.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Thanks, I was going to post the section in the bill that actually talks about food and hunger, yes like you said is nothing like the link from the OP talks.

SEC. 6. SENSE OF CONGRESS.

(a) Findings- Congress finds that--

(1) the organization ‘Feeding America’ formerly known as America’s Second Harvest, issued the results of a national study on hunger and poverty in America and found that for 1 in 8 Americans hunger is a reality, that the numbers of hungry Americans is on the rise, and 37.3 million people lived in poverty, including over 7.6 million families, 3.6 million seniors, and over 13.3 million children under the age of 18;

(2) the Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, found that an estimated 35.5 million Americans are food insecure, meaning their access to enough food is limited by a lack of money and other resources;

(3) the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities reports that ‘the current downturn is likely to cause significant increases both in the number of Americans who are poor and the number living in ‘deep poverty,’ with incomes below half of the poverty line. Because this recession is likely to be deep and the government safety net for very poor families who lack jobs has weakened significantly in recent years, increases in deep poverty in this recession are likely to be severe’;

(4) World Hunger Year (WHY), a non-profit organization which operates a national hunger hotline with funding from the Department of Agriculture, has experienced a significant increase in calls for food assistance or information about where to find food, shelter, child-care, or job-finding assistance; and

(5) the production of cellulosic and advanced biofuels in the United States will assist the Nation in becoming less vulnerable to foreign supplies of oil, will create a significant number of jobs, and could achieve significant reductions in the generation of greenhouse gas emissions as determined by several recent studies.

(b) Sense of Congress- It is the sense of Congress that the savings achieved under this Act should be used to combat hunger in the United States and to develop domestic supplies of cellulosic and advanced biofuels by being used to--

(1) increase the assistance provided for Federal nutrition programs administered by the Secretary of Agriculture, including school nutrition programs;

(2) provide assistance to non-profit organizations dedicated to responding to the needs of low-income families in the United States; and

(3) provide loan guarantees or grants to companies ready to construct cellulosic and advanced biofuel processing facilities in the United States.

From your link,

Now I can not understand still is why a bill for biofuels is linked to Food and hunger, but you know how things works in congress, they like to submit bills with other agendas hidden in it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
After searching for more information on the subject, the only bill that actually held the name of the "Affordable food act" is linked to a fuel bill, the bill was never enacted, and the OP Link clearly said that the new "Affordable Food Act" is been work on as we speak, so is not for view.

But because bills once defeated can be brought back under new content we may have to wait if the "Affordable Food Act" is a new bill or just an old bill redefined.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I highly doubt this is anything but hoax, or satire. You sure this article didn't come from The Onion originally? (half-kidding) Reason being that if it had any shred of truth to it at all in any viable sense, it would be front & center on the Idiot Box, and political activists on both sides would be butting heads. This is not happening on any of those fronts. You cannot seriously expect the purported food version of Obamacare to be ignored, this would be pounced on for another Divide & Conquer manipulation just like O-care was. Anything this juicy does not sit in the shadows.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join