It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Not Doing His Job

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Over the recent years, and every time an embarrassing discovery is made about what the United States is doing within our country, and around the world...Obama seems to have one single response. "I didn't know". So my question is, why is this acceptable?

He didn't know the NSA was spying on Americans, he didn't know the IRS was targeting conservative groups, he didn't know we were bugging a German official's phone, etc. But he should know...assuming he isn't simply lying. Now...I consider lying, especially by a President one of the top ten sins they could commit and In my opinion, one they should be fired for doing. But I'll go with the idea that Obama is not lying. But if he is not lying, why didn't he know?

If I were to become President, one of my first actions would be to demand a list from every agency of the secrets they would rather the world not know. And if they don't answer honestly...I would make sure they know they better pack their bags because they will be fired.

But our current President didn't demand to know these things, he didn't keep up-to-date on such important actions and simply continued campaigning, playing golf, interacting with the stars, etc. So in my book...he isn't and hasn't been doing his job.

So on to the questions. Is he a liar? If not, isn't he not doing his job? Shouldn't he demand to know all these types of things? And if he doesn't demand to know, isn't he (again) not doing his job? Or just covering his rear end. In short...the leader of the United States, the most important manager in the world should never utter the words..."I didn't know".

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

So he's using the Reagan strategy?

Obama has Alzheimer's?

There are times I can actually see that with the decisions he's made.
edit on 27-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

politics are just marionettes in hands of corporations, just actors in front of camera.

you really think president has the absolute power or knowledge ?
even if he knew, he surely is not in position to do you think he should.

I also don't think there will be any serious consensuses, some blah blah on MSM, some blah blah elsewhere...

surveillance / spying will continue in rising manner !!!

edit on 27-10-2013 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

WeAreAWAKE
In short...the leader of the United States, the most important manager in the world should never utter the words..."I didn't know".

Unless it is followed up by the words, "but I will get to bottom of this."

But when was the last time we have ever heard of a politician apologizing?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You would be surprised with the things that go on in the government that the President doesn't know about. It's called plausible deniability. Plausible deniability is a term coined by the CIA during the Kennedy administration to describe the withholding of information from senior officials in order to protect them from repercussions in the event that illegal or unpopular activities by the CIA became public knowledge.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So the end result is that he is either a miserable failure at the most powerful and dangerous position on the planet or one of the most useful and corrupt liars ever to spill coffee on the expensive carpet @ 1600 Penn. ave. plausable BS.....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

buster2010
You would be surprised with the things that go on in the government that the President doesn't know about. It's called plausible deniability. Plausible deniability is a term coined by the CIA during the Kennedy administration to describe the withholding of information from senior officials in order to protect them from repercussions in the event that illegal or unpopular activities by the CIA became public knowledge.

Plausible deniability yes....But, they know.

When you spend your life trying to please everyone.

Doing nothing is the best way to not make people mad.

Obama has very little to do with the mess we are in.

With that said....He doesn't seem to be making it any better.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

If lying were an impeachable offense we would impeach every elected official the day they take office.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

teslahowitzer
So the end result is that he is either a miserable failure at the most powerful and dangerous position on the planet or one of the most useful and corrupt liars ever to spill coffee on the expensive carpet @ 1600 Penn. ave. plausable BS.....

Add to that behind the scenes someone else is making most of the decisions, someone equally as unqualified, but I have thought about this a long time.

What do they have on him to keep him doing their bidding, who put the horse head in his bed?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

With that said....He doesn't seem to be making it any better.

And he doesn't seem to care, this administration takes the cake for corruption, yet, Obama seems indifferent to the fact.

Almost like he is totally out of he loop.

He is way to sure of himself as one with all this exposed.

It is the most transparent in history, there is no doubt about that, all the corruption is open and laid bare for everyone to see, yet the press, the opposing party, most of the population, give it a big,

Meh.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

edit on 083131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: double

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Obama Not Doing His Job

IMOH you are wrong, he is doing his job to the "T". Look at this great nation and the lavish life style, free of tyranny and a sense of being happy happy happy is all over. Good job Mr. President, good job..........

You serve your masters well.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

teslahowitzer

Add to that behind the scenes someone else is making most of the decisions, someone equally as unqualified, but I have thought about this a long time.

What do they have on him to keep him doing their bidding, who put the horse head in his bed?

They don't need anything on him. They just say do as we want or you will wind up like Kennedy.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Seems to me he had booby traps set against him no matter what direction he turned. Without support how can anything get done ? Oh wait it can't. You wind up having them shut down the government instead.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What's even more disgusting to think about is that perhaps Obama IS doing his job.

And doing it well.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's disgusting how he and his little friends at the EPA have destroyed the way of life in the Appalachias. Many coal miners are without jobs now with absolutely nothing to fall back on and they are losing their homes and vehicles. Obama knew he was going to stop coal so he should've built factories or something else to help all these families to have something in place to soften the blow. Instead, he dropped them all like dirt. How many "terrorists" do you reckon he has created? Tens of thousands of coal miners with nothing to lose is a scary thing. Most people in public are talking about things openly that I've never heard before, and there is a lot of hate for the gov. and unseen levels of what is referred to as "anti-Semitism". I've never seen it like this. Things are about to get serious-I do believe! I've prepped and educate my wife and kids that we may be going back to the 'old way' of living for a while, so get used to the idea. There has to be change.

It isn't Obama alone; It's the entire government that has to be replaced. Arrest warrants need to be issued very soon for the treasonous scoundrels. Our forefathers would most likely be shocked that it hasn't happened by now. End the Fed and do away with the banking schemes--loan money with interest is evil bestowed upon humanity. That would be a start. Rebuild Wall Street and arrest those traitorous scum too. Legalize weed and use that tax to pay off the national debt. No more debt ceiling raises. No more taxpayer money to foreign countries. Put an indefinite ban on immigration to the US. Our cup is overflowing. Redo how senators are elected. Them & their fam's have to live a year off of minimum wage with no outside help, for one year before being eligible for office. Cut the government by 50% immediately. No more lobbyists. The system needs to be set up so the elected can be held responsible by the people who elected them. Accountability. No more wars unless we are attacked. Israel needs to find some other patsy to do their dirty work. In fact, start a program working with the middle-east, by helping them help the Palestinians get their homeland back and make the occupiers leave and go back to Russia. Middle-East problem solved. It has to be. It will be.
edit on 27-10-2013 by Fylgje because: to lessen wall of text lol

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
the things you mentioned, like the IRS misuse, the Solandra scheme, the NSA etc--- were things not on his radar screen

he is engaged and rapt attention on the benghazi cover-up of arms transfers, also the funding/support for the genocide of Christian enclaves in Syria & Egypt..... he is aware of the policy to embrace Iran to the detriment of our ME ally Israel... the shaky ground the USA has created with the Saudi' government (petro dollar decendancy)

he's aware of the ACA sign up mess on the 0bamacare website... the close to $1 billion paid to the web site builder that has a college chum of Michell 0bama's as a top executive in it... he knows of the Capital Controls just implimeted to snuff wire transfers of money out of the juristiction of the IRS/Treasury/USA and limiting internal money to under $50k wire transfers by banks...he knows that the SNAP food stamps are being reduced and civil unrest will ensue --tthats part of the plan
he knows that seizing private bank accounts is just around the corner... with IRAs & 401k's next

he knows that the USA has lost its leadership role, the admiration of the world --- and now every nation disrespects this leaderless ship-of-state, and of the empty suit that bows to other world leaders like a gooney bird

he knows stuff but he does not have the same regard for appearances, status, esteem as the american culture does...BO is not a native son of America... he is a foreigner with different values and occupying the WH

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382767488&sr=8-1&keywords=my+best+frie nd+denial

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If I were to become President, one of my first actions would be to demand a list from every agency of the secrets they would rather the world not know. And if they don't answer honestly...I would make sure they know they better pack their bags because they will be fired.

I assume the President, like any chief executive, gets his information primarily from briefs compiled by subordinates who are tasked with aggregating information collected from sources who are themselves aggregating information collected from yet more sources and so on and so forth. The human mind is only capable of processing a finite amount of information and so as information flows up through the network, there is a necessity for nodes to act as filters, passing along only what they deem significant and in some cases, what is in their own best interest. Such a network, comprised of people, is inherently fallible. This is only a very vague description of just the information side of things! Similarly there exist networks through which authority flows from the top of an organization to the very bottom to act upon the information.

This isn't a defense of the President or any executive--I'm merely pointing out the unreasonable nature of statements like the one I've quoted. There is no walking into the Oval Office and saying, "You will all tell me everything, right now, or else!" Even if that volume of information could be communicated to and processed by a single individual in a reasonable amount of time, he could at best only infer it's veracity and an even more difficult task would be identifying the gaps.

Is the President doing a good job? We have the luxury of hindsight, the burden of ignorance and the illusion of objectivity and so it's easy for any of us to say what we would have done or should have known. Do I think the President has lied or been misleading by design or ignorance? Have you known anyone who hasn't? Subjective to my own biases and impressions, my rating of this administration so far is a 6/10 most days. I don't believe Obama is ill-intentioned, exceptionally ill-informed or guilty of malfeasance (or spends too much time recreating). On the other hand, he's made decisions I sometimes question, proffered opinions I don't always support, and placed his trust and support in some people that I wouldn't have. My rating for Congress is more along the lines of a 2/10. I believe Congress is, as it should be, vested with more power than the President and I hold their abysmal performance to be of more importance.

edit on 27-10-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Obama Not Doing His Job

That depends on what he (Obama) sees as being 'his job'. If it is to serve the best interests of the United States? No, he's failing as bad as Bush did. More to the point, he is following in Dubya's footsteps, on the path to destroying his own party.

What we got from Bush was a pointless war in Iraq, the Patriot Act and the TSA. His legacy was one of shame and destruction for the GOP and they paid for that dearly in 2008 and 2012.
What we're getting from Obama is the expansion of the NSA, spying on Americans and our allies... and a healthcare boondoggle that will fail within 12 to 18 months of its first flight... if it can even get off the ground. By 2014, the first taste of Obamacare's reality will be settling in and it will cost the left a few seats in the Senate and get them nowhere in the House. By 2016, the term, 'Obamacare' will be akin to some wretched obscenity and the Dems will lose even more in the general election... including the White House.

Why do presidents sabotage their own parties? Why do they institute maniac programs like Patriot Act and Obamacare? In both instances, there was a good idea... one to provide security and the other, equal healthcare. But in the end? They were (and are) unmitigated disasters.

One person's opinion - fire away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join