It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Calling - Communication is the response you get

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
One of the presuppositions in Neuro Linguistic Programming is this amazing statement: Communication is the response you get. In other words, the quality of response will mirror the quality of communication. This is true for the average human when communicating with each other and this is ultimately true between God and mankind. What is the quality of our response to God in this arena of the territory? Can't we simply fault God in His ability to communicate truth to us effectively? God must be flawed!

Another presupposition in NLP is this: The map is not the territory. The map an individual holds of the world is not the territory in reality. By this view, awareness limits our ability to perceive what is most evident. For the consideration of human intellect, we find that our own ability to remember and compute information is highly limited. Recall of information is merely one handicap we face in life. Making sense of input by a flawed intellect can only produce poor communication between the sender and receiver. As humans are the ultimate receivers of what God communicates, our map of the territory cannot possibly comprehend the communication that is sent. This is comparable to a strong light being shined into our eyes after being in the dark for a long period of time. Looking at this by the light of the first two presuppositions, we find the root of the problem. Our response is poor and this is less a condition of our intent and more a symptom of poor communication as a mechanism. Can we blame God? What is your answer to this question?

Building from this foundation of understanding, we find the third aspect of presupposed linguistic programming. The third presupposition is as follows: Behind every behavior there is a positive intention. Regardless of the benefit of our perceived actions, choices will always produce our world. Given the facts of the matter, communication between the mind holding knowledge and the mind lacking knowledge becomes the key mediator between what is desired and the reality of the situation. If communication is the response you get, then expanding the map of the territory becomes the primary concern of the one sending communication from above. What is God's intention? This is not complicated. God's intention is always to give, yet the response we get from God's communication is less than what we would expect from a higher power. As this is my response to the situation, the communication I receive regarding this conclusion must necessarily be at fault. Is this obvious simplistic conclusion true? You may be surprised at the conclusion to this matter. Things do not always reflect what we first perceive. Keep reading to see the territory clearly.

"Anything can be accomplished when the task is broken down into small enough chunks." This is yet another presupposition that clarifies the rest. What is God's instructional design in this matter of imaged reality? What has this hologram of energy produced in the minds of newly formed sentient beings? According to the chunking of information, how do we connect this to the rest of this linguistic puzzle? First, define chunking. Chunking, in psychology, is a phenomenon whereby individuals group responses when performing a memory task. In this case, our education under the instructional design of God is based on time and events set as destinies. God draws the future into the past so we can compare what He says to what actually happens. It is clear that God has a plan that was engaged from a beginning and is going somewhere toward a conclusion. What is that conclusion? Does God know what He is doing? Can He be trusted with our own faithfulness to see clearly? What is His communication doing to produce the desired response from us? If billions of people go to hell, who is at fault?

Our clue to the answer comes by the light of the next presupposition: "People already have all the resources they need." What has God provided the learner in this classroom of life? Ask yourself these questions: Do you make your eyes see? Do you make your ears hear? Do you make your mind comprehend? Did you build your body or design its function or reasoning abilities? Do you make your stomach digest, your blood flow or the sun shine? What exactly do YOU do to make your world? You do two things. You think and you move only. This is it. You have everything you need already, but you do not provide a single piece. Further, you can increase ability from the platform you are given. What is required to make this happen? Are you doing what is required? What are the instructions?

The next emerald of wisdom provided by NLP is this: "Every behavior is useful in some context." Although you may not realize it now, there is a plan for your life. Nothing goes to waste. Natural law requires that the context you design is a result of the sowing you do before. Plant seeds of good and good follows. Plant seeds in rocky soil and you will reap a harvest accordingly. Your destiny is what you make of the choices you determine by intent. Intention is what you hope for. Intent is by design. The quality of communication is the response you get. The same holds true for your choices in life. Why did God say this: Do unto others as you would do unto yourself.

"If one person can do something, other people can learn from that person's success." What has God accomplished in His design of creation? What is the purpose? Look at nature and the patterns set into motion by creation. What story do they demonstrate and is truth evident? What is God's speech to us as communication? What response is He getting from our choices? Is His communication of a high enough quality for our comprehension? How long does it take for our response to match the question God asks? Is God's communication flawed or is our response to the communication flawed? Both?

"The messenger never rests until the message is delivered." What does it mean that God is long-suffering? How long will he wait for our sentience to get the point? What is the point?

"Communication is redundant." You have heard the aphorism, "As above, so below." We all know that God repeats creation in patterns. Does history repeat? When all things are reduced, what is the primary pattern in nature?

Why are we given free will if that will can be the choice of the thief? The next presupposition tells you: "Choice is better than no choice." What can be learned from a choice?

"People always make the best choice available to them at the time." The best choice available to you at the time is the one that you have learned from communication. If a better choice exists, then experience is the only way to learn the true response. Who is at fault when the best choice is not selected?

"If what you are doing isn't working, do anything else." You have heard it before: "A definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results."

Go back to the first presupposition: "The meaning of your communication is the response you get."

In physics, the strong nuclear force follows a law called invariant symmetry. This means that the strong force follows a law that does not change. Why? What response is God expecting from you / us? Again, is God's communication of His strength an indication that the communication is flawed? Or, could it be, the response we give is flawed?

edit on 27-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What is the answer to all of the questions above? Communication is the response you get. Communication is the response you give. Don't fail to see the invariant response God expects. Act on what you have learned and make the best choices possible.

Define Dharma: Dharma is the invariant law of God. Mind the Dharma and life blossoms like a flower.

Know the truth and find peace. Share the way!

Choices - Dhammapada

Chapter 1 - Choices
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.
You too shall pass away.
Knowing this, how can you quarrel?
How easily the wind overturns a frail tree.
Seek happiness in the senses,
Indulge in food and sleep,
And you too will be uprooted.
The wind cannot overturn a mountain.
Temptation cannot touch the man
Who is awake, strong and humble,
Who masters himself and minds the dharma.
If a man's thoughts are muddy,
If he is reckless and full of deceit,
How can he wear the yellow robe?
Whoever is master of his own nature,
Bright, clear and true,
He may indeed wear the yellow robe.
Mistaking the false for the true,
And the true for the false,
You overlook the heart
And fill yourself with desire.
See the false as false,
The true as true.
Look into your heart.
Follow your nature.
An unreflecting mind is a poor roof.
Passion, like the rain, floods the house.
But if the roof is strong, there is shelter.
Whoever follows impure thoughts
Suffers in this world and the next.
In both worlds he suffers
And how greatly
When he sees the wrong he has done.
But whoever follows the dharma
Is joyful here and joyful there.
In both worlds he rejoices
And how greatly
When he sees the good he has done.
For great is the harvest in this world,
And greater still in the next.
However many holy words you read,
However many you speak,
What good will they do you
If you do not act upon them?
Are you a shepherd
Who counts another man's sheep,
Never sharing the way?
Read as few words as you like,
And speak fewer.
But act upon the dharma.
Give up the old ways -
Passion, enmity, folly.
Know the truth and find peace.
Share the way.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Those who are not saved cannot possibly comprehend the Word of God. God's Word is foolishness to the lost, just as the wisdom of the lost is foolishness to the saved. His Word, the Bible, is how God communicates with us, and as we see in John 1, the Word became flesh. Jesus Christ IS the Word. The Bible is literally the mind of Jesus, and in order for an unbeliever to comprehend the Word, those who are saved must mediate between the Word and the unsaved... this is Discipleship. Once a lost person's spirit is quickened by the salvation of the Word, they will then be able to comprehend God's communication to us through his Word by way of the Holy Spirit. This is why Discipleship is so important. This is why all throughout the Bible "feet" are synonymous with the Word, because when you put on the full armor of God as found in Ephesians, the feet represent bringing God's communication (the Word) to the lost.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

OptimusSubprime

Those who are not saved cannot possibly comprehend the Word of God. God's Word is foolishness to the lost, just as the wisdom of the lost is foolishness to the saved. His Word, the Bible, is how God communicates with us, and as we see in John 1, the Word became flesh. Jesus Christ IS the Word. The Bible is literally the mind of Jesus, and in order for an unbeliever to comprehend the Word, those who are saved must mediate between the Word and the unsaved... this is Discipleship. Once a lost person's spirit is quickened by the salvation of the Word, they will then be able to comprehend God's communication to us through his Word by way of the Holy Spirit. This is why Discipleship is so important. This is why all throughout the Bible "feet" are synonymous with the Word, because when you put on the full armor of God as found in Ephesians, the feet represent bringing God's communication (the Word) to the lost.

Brilliant bit of communication. Perception is reality. When our communication back to God becomes a mirror of his message, what is conveyed is understood. This is why John states that God's work in us is the preparation of faith. Look at this:

John 6

65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

Obviously, the communication barrier is not that of God's mistake, but of His divine will. When we desire the truth, it is presented clearly. It is less a matter of our own will or works, and more the work of God when we are ready.

John 2 is also interesting:

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.[d] 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

The one learning here is not God. It is our response to the calling God sends out. God's communication is as good as it gets.

Thank you for a great response.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

OptimusSubprime

Another brilliant part of God's communication comes by the law's work as a guardian and the answer to the law, which is faith.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Like you say, a person only understands when they become the truth. Until then, truth waits patiently. What method does God use to call us? The best communication possible--created reality, experience, trials and uncomfortable experience. He allows us to discover the truth ourselves first. Brilliant. The response we get matches the one we give. When our response becomes faith, God is faithful. When we express love, love is returned. It's is a reciprocal relationship in a mirror image. The law is the determining factor to the result. The law is perfect. Get the desired response by giving the desired response.

Why? Truth is invariable and so is God.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I agree, it's all about the intent and you are what you think.

Thoughts are so very powerful. God shows us how evident the power of thought can be. It creates.

This is why we are to be careful what we think and how we act and what our intent truly is. If it is a loving intent and something "bad" happens, the good will soon follow and outweigh the negative.

Everything happens for a reason. We may not understand with each moment, however if we want clarity regarding the reason, all we have to do is think it through. The answer is always given.

Regarding communication put forth in the OP... I am lost. Please explain where I can understand the point you are trying to make.

I think your point was clarified here below..

The best communication possible--created reality, experience, trials and uncomfortable experience. He allows us to discover the truth ourselves first

Experience of trials and tribulations... just as Jesus had is something I too can agree with.

edit on 27-10-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Regarding communication put forth in the OP... I am lost. Please explain where I can understand the point you are trying to make.

I think your point was clarified here below..

Yes. You nailed it with the quote. Truth is a double-edge sword. It both protects and wounds. It depends on the intent of using it. Are we using truth to protect or is truth wounding the person out of context with it. God allows an environment for this to take place.

The other point is what I allude to as the thread progresses. We first doubt and question God's authenticity and goodness. If communication is the response you get, then we can simply blame God for poor communication. This would be our reasoning speaking. When all things are examined, it becomes a different story. God has provided everything we need to see the point. In the end, it can only be our response to his communication.

Can we make the case that God is at fault in the end? After all, we are His image. If the image cannot reflect the original, then where is the problem at its source? Obviously, the original is ultimately to blame for the copy. This is solid reasoning, but we have other factors to weigh in this. I was trying to show the other factors. At the same time, we have the ultimate root of the problem. Job told us where the problem originates.

Job 19

25 I know that my redeemer[c] lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.[d]
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[e] in[f] my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,[g]’
29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.[h]”

The same place that holds the root of the problem is found in each of us as an image of the original. Whatever becomes of the original becomes our next reflection. If Adam is the root of the fall, and the Son of God created Adam, then the LORD of the OT is the reflection of this process to raise the Son of God. Who is being raised? The Son. Who holds the root of the problem? The Son. Who are we?

1 Corinthians 10

16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Who do we blame if we do not like the root of the problem? Ourselves. We, who are many, are one loaf. We are the body of Christ below. Christ is the head above. Ultimately, we must follow the same path and pick up our crosses. We will eventually journey on the same path back to the Father, but not before we take the name and walk the path behind Christ.

He is the one waiting for us at the end with the Father. Where we tread, the Shepherd is not far from the flock. He leaves the 99 to go after the 1.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Paul said "We know in part, we speak in part, but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part is done away with".

What he was teaching here was that here, in this life, as flawed humans with flawed intellect, we can only see in "chunks", exactly as you said. We see through a glass darkly, but then face to face.

We perceive the darkness and we then believe that it is a mystery, because our perception is bound by what we can only see in front of us. So we speculate about what it could be and create assumptions based on our previous experiences, or by looking at the map. But that's why Jesus is called the Light of God, because He has shown us what we are looking in to. That glass is no longer dark, there is no more mystery and that perfect light did come and do away with the in part vision.

But the verse says "There has been given a great light that shone in darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not" John is talking about comprehension of communication. As darkness does not comprehend, those who remain in darkness are those who have not communicated with the Light.

They didn't ask, "What is the Light?" or "Who sent the Light?" What they have done is cursed the Light for revealing what they want to remain hidden, and that was covered up by the darkness.

The Dark Night of the Soul is actually when you hear and experience God the most, because you have to let go of attempting to see with your own eye and hearing with your own ears. You can fumble your way around, tripping over what you can't understand, but if you stand still, as the Bible says "Be still, and know that I am God". You can't hear the still, small voice if you are filling your mind with so much that drowns out the communication.

That's the one thing that held me for so long, when things happen, I was always provoked inwardly, "Be still and know He is God".

There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. ~ Carl Gustav Jung

That's why people refuse their own humanity, their own human nature. They don't want the pain associated with accountability, of which the light will reveal. So they absurdly create other lights.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Good comments. It reminds me of this quote: "There's no more brilliant light than that which follows complete darkness." From the movie, "The Cafe."

I would recommend this movie. It is well done. Also, the movie Illusion with Kurt Douglass Sr.

I only differ with you on one point. We do not yet see the light. For now, we still see what the light reveals. The veil is torn only. We are still like Humpty Dumpty trying to see over the wall. We can peek, but the answer to the mystery is still very much a mystery.

I have been saying this today and it is true. Read Luke 7. There is a huge clue when Jesus mentions John the Baptist in relation to the cup and bread. He gives the rather large clue in the fact that he mentions Sophia and her children being justified. Which party in the conversation do you suppose her children represent? The rich and famous movers and shakers or the lowly on Earth?

This quote leads me to a higher degree of understanding, although I have yet to put the puzzle together. This was a new one for me when I found it today.

Luke 7

31 Jesus went on to say, “To what, then, can I compare the people of this generation? What are they like? 32 They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling out to each other:

“‘We played the pipe for you,
and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge,
and you did not cry.’

33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ 34 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ 35 But wisdom is proved right by all her children.”

I think this is reference to the story of Sophia and her fall from grace. This gets to the heart of the reason behind creation and what I mention in the OP. The instructional design of God is not an error. Sophia is wisdom and she knew what she was doing.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Oh the one I call Hockmah.

Yes, she is justified of her children.

We are talking about the same woman. You call her by her Greek name, I used the Hebrew name.

Did you know this, and my Jewish friend told me about it, that they welcome the Queen of the Sabbath to come? I asked her who this was and she embarrassingly told me, Queen of the Sabbath was actually a goddess.

I was in shul with her and watched them as they did their prayers reading from the Siddur, and in the middle, said the prayer to welcome Queen of the Sabbath. Then of course they continued in Hebrew. I was so intrigued, I asked about this.

edit on 10/27/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Oh the one I call Hockmah.

Yes, she is justified of her children.

We are talking about the same woman. You call her by her Greek name, I used the Hebrew name.

Did you know this, and my Jewish friend told me about it, that they welcome the Queen of the Sabbath to come? I asked her who this was and she embarrassingly told me, Queen of the Sabbath was actually a goddess.

I was in shul with her and watched them as they did their prayers reading from the Siddur, and in the middle, said the prayer to welcome Queen of the Sabbath. Then of course they continued in Hebrew. I was so intrigued, I asked about this.

I know this as Aleph Mem, which is mother in Hebrew. Aleph Bet (letters) is Father. Bet Nun is Son. Of the three, the Mother is Mater / Matrix / Womb. Aleph is strength and mem is water. She is the Strong Water, while Father is the Strong House (Bet). Son is the Bet (House) Nun (Seed). Put them together and you get the relationship. The letters write the words. Christ is the WORD and Mother is the catalyst bringing the two together.

In physics, this is known as the Strong Nuclear force. It rules the weak by a law called invariant symmetry. The weak force (electron) does not follow this law. It is moved by it. Hydrogen is both proton (+) and electron (-) in balance. The strong force is the Neutral (neutron) and the proton in union. The neutron has two down quarks and one up. The proton has two up and one down. Together, then are unequal, but balanced. The electron is heeled by this union of the other two. Hydrogen is the strong waters represented both in the womb of creation and in the water of the mother. She is the catalyst.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Son of God created Adam, then the LORD of the OT is the reflection of this process to raise the Son of God. Who is being raised? The Son. Who holds the root of the problem? The Son. Who are we?

Amen brother, Amen!

1 Corinthians 10

16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Who do we blame if we do not like the root of the problem? Ourselves. We, who are many, are one loaf. We are the body of Christ below. Christ is the head above. Ultimately, we must follow the same path and pick up our crosses. We will eventually journey on the same path back to the Father, but not before we take the name and walk the path behind Christ.

He is the one waiting for us at the end with the Father. Where we tread, the Shepherd is not far from the flock. He leaves the 99 to go after the 1.

We, who are many do share one loaf. We do have to pick up our crosses and be accountable for all the weighs us down. It is our own choosing, from the very first choice. The root of the problem is ourselves.. spot on Stephen, spot on!

What does it mean to you to, "take the name of Christ"?

To walk the path of Christ is and will be difficult. One day in time it will happen though.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

This is a very good observation.

They didn't ask, "What is the Light?" or "Who sent the Light?" What they have done is cursed the Light for revealing what they want to remain hidden, and that was covered up by the darkness.

They didn't even ask!! So true.. Where is the accountability?

Another beautiful observation...

You can fumble your way around, tripping over what you can't understand, but if you stand still, as the Bible says "Be still, and know that I am God". You can't hear the still, small voice if you are filling your mind with so much that drowns out the communication.

Be still and listen. Ahhhh.. gives me chills.

Im guilty of filling my mind and not being still. I do know he is God though. My source of light.

That's the one thing that held me for so long, when things happen, I was always provoked inwardly, "Be still and know He is God".

Thank God, huh?

What always helps me is to say in my mind or out loud, "thy will is already done... it's finished.... so be it.... no worries" and "God is good ALL the time". If I just remember that whatever happens ..it is...ok... and I am still loved by the spirits surrounding me, I am ok. It's a knowing which some call faith.

That's why people refuse their own humanity, their own human nature. They don't want the pain associated with accountability, of which the light will reveal. So they absurdly create other lights.

Again, I see this as well. The accountability is sometimes a hard one to swallow but its something we will all face in the end. Every good and bad deed we our self are accountable for and will feel it again when we die. We will know how we impacted someone.

Our intent is revealed by the light and there is the truth of all truths.

Communicating with God is done by each of our senses. I always try to believe what my senses tell me. If I believe it's God... then so it is.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

What does it mean to you to, "take the name of Christ"?

To walk the path of Christ is and will be difficult. One day in time it will happen though.

Faith. That's it. When we walk in faith, God is walking us on that path to His Son. It's not going to be possible for our own efforts to make the journey. The law is a guardian as it states in Galatians 3. Until the coming of faith, we are in custody for our own protection. Sin creates the need for the guardian. Taking the name of Christ is the movement on our part toward that ideal, but the work is not ours. It is the work of God to produce our faith. Here, communication is the response we get from God. Of course, this requires our own response.

As I stated in another OP, my own sin is before me continually. Salvation is justification. Sanctification is our own work toward the goal of being set apart for service. God removes our sin by trials and lessons we learn along the way.

Buddha had part of the key to this 500 years earlier that Christ:

But act upon the dharma.
Give up the old ways -
Passion, enmity, folly.
Know the truth and find peace.
Share the way.

Christ is the Way (Eastern) and the Truth (Western). Buddha just didn't know the life. That comes from the fruit of what God produces through us. Fruit gives us seed for the next harvest.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Through all my life I didn't know there was a dark night of the soul. I had never heard it taught and the first time I knew what it was, I had heard a song about it. The lead singer who wrote ended up committing suicide and I thought how terrible it was that he didn't know there was an end to the night.

As we are taught, we are children of the day "Arise oh thou that sleepest, awake to righteousness and sin no more". I think the Bible holds more philosophy than people realize. There is a reason that the most quoted verse from the Bible is Psalm 23, the one that everyone has heard if they ever have been in a funeral or watched a movie.

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

This life is the valley of the shadow of death. You have to learn that when you have to give comfort to those who are desperately needing peace. I think it's wonderful to believe you can help people by giving them all kinds of philosophies about the afterlife, but if we don't realize our present situation, then it's like building our house on the sand. It's wonderful to bring something that sounds good, but it doesn't help presently. And there are so many people needing help right now.

How do you give them hope? Where is hope?

That's why I know that deepest parts of me need God. My mind needs God, because my mind is where the greatest struggle is at. That's why Paul listed the armor of God in a specific order. He starts with the helmet of salvation, because that's worn on the head, it is to protect the mind. We don't wrestle with flesh and blood, but against powers and some of those powers are very strong. The mind is where faith is built, it is the seat of all our intellectualism. In the mind resides our logic and reasoning, so the mind is where the greatest battle is for our very being.

And in the mind is where we have hope or lose hope. But the light of hope is no metaphor. When that veil is lifted from our minds, then we begin to understand the depths and the heights. But what I see and what I perceive must have some standard of truth, because imagination reigns in the mind also. I don't imagine God, I am just way too human to invent God. And there is no way the Bible is a mere book, because it is so revealing in itself and toward itself. For man to invent a book like that, then that person or people must have been so intellectually genius.

It begins with the fundamental nature of mankind. Eve said she was beguiled, again that can only happen in the mind. So a weaker element gave in through beguilement. Paul asks the Galatians "Oh you foolish Galatians, who has beguiled you?". In our weakest state is when this happens. And the law of the universe has Cause and Effect, there was an effect to giving in. It takes a long time for us to come back from something that we knew we should not have done. The effects are deep and long lasting. And that's the point of Adam and Eve and original sin. The effect was so long lasting, and we see it today in multi-generational families. People say all the time "If such and such didn't happen then....".

Because it is intrinsic to the human being, our minds are the battle ground. Cause and effect are such a powerful thing, even some faith systems believe they must do certain rituals to counter or produce an effect. Unfortunately some people are naive or don't know just what can happen, cause things to happen. And the effects are long lasting.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Through all my life I didn't know there was a dark night of the soul. I had never heard it taught and the first time I knew what it was, I had heard a song about it. The lead singer who wrote ended up committing suicide and I thought how terrible it was that he didn't know there was an end to the night.

Which artist are you referring to? Also, have you already explained your interpretation of dark night of the soul? You probably did and I am not recalling it. I'm tired and when I'm sleepy I can't think properly. lol

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

I've never thought of this above the way you explained it. I can see it though. We do walk each and every day in the shadow of death and we are to fear no evil. Know God is with us and he comforts us.

And there is no way the Bible is a mere book, because it is so revealing in itself and toward itself. For man to invent a book like that, then that person or people must have been so intellectually genius.

Totally agree with you .. the Bible is a piece of artwork that is a never ending metaphorical puzzle for me and many others. It's an amazing book that holds so much truth in it. The way it gets interpreted is debatable but for the seeker who seeks, God reveals.

our minds are the battle ground

Isn't that ^^^^ the truth!!! Edgar Cayce said, "the mind is the builder" and I also believe that to be truth as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

This is the David Lynch version. The writer of the song had committed suicide.

Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse were the artists who collaborated with Lynch on this one.

Dark night of the soul is that time when you are so lost, that you are so in the dark that you can't believe there is an end. That is the depths of where you are hidden, thinking God has forgotten you. It's what you go through, those moments in your life that seem hopeless.

I think the biggest reason I got into filmmaking is that I can feel the story in a song and write something around this. I have heard other filmmakers say the same thing. That's probably why I think that songs, even though they are secular, there is still a message in them.

Film and music are spiritual as all art forms are, but film is a manipulation of light and nothing more than that. What you see, isn't even all that you see. What you are seeing is persistence of vision. You brain has convinced you that what you are seeing is moving, and yet film is nothing more than individual frames of still pictures. Persistence of vision.

Movie films are 72 frames per second. Television is 24.9 frames per second. All of those are still pictures. I think the natural way that we view God is that people have gotten glimpses of individual frames without the persistence of vision, they don't see the moving picture. They don't see the narrative.

This is communication also. Because film is communicating a message, music is communicating a message. That's why films have music. The power of the soundtrack causes an emotion.

top topics

join