It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC - We've Reached The End of Antibiotics

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Our athletic trainers in college used betadine, povidone-iodine, for everything that resembled an open wound or sore.

We had a track surface that was completely vicious. If you fell on it, it would flay you alive. I remember one gal fell on it during a full out sprint in a time trial and was shoulder to ankle road rash, deep, deep abrasions. For several days, her treatment consisted of a whirlpool and an entire bottle of the stuff dumped in and she'd sit in it for treatment. She never developed any infections from it.

To this day, it's our go-to would disinfectant.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Tajlakz
reply to post by Bedlam

You been keeping up on the brilacidin news?

I want them to start making some coin on it, and resume testing on IV/IM dosing for systemic infections.

And you DO know there are a couple of twists on the basic structure that optimizes it for fungi, malaria and mycobacteria? Back when it was polymedix' IP, they were doing animal tests with great results. A one shot malaria cure would rock.

There's a lot of cats in the brilacidin bag.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

crimvelvet
Why are farm kids so healthy?

We represent the pinnacle of humanity's development. That's why the military loves us. Since the times of Cincinnatus, farm kids have ruled the Earth from behind the scenes. WE are the NWO. You are our cattle. Mwa ha ha ha!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

And football teams.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
As far as Betadine and its analogs go, we were always taught that it's great for initial wound cleaning, but it can kill granulation tissue and fibroblasts, and thus delays wound healing and can increase scarring. I have just looked, though, and seen studies that go both ways.

If you want something easier on wound beds, we used to use silvadene for any skin wound. It kills anything and it's easy on wounds. It's not just for burns.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

FlyersFan

beezzer
I blame the hand-sanitizers. Those home anti-bacterial soaps. They create a perfect environment to make resistant bacteria.

We use them. If I go shopping or to the movies or whatever, I pull it out and use it.
People are germy messes ... and I have issues with fighting germs due to my health situation.
We have dial (antibacterial) and Dawn dish soap (antibacterial) and goopy hand sanitizer in my
car and purse (antibacterial) ....

Then, it's all because people like you that are sooo affraid of germs and such that we are in a situation like that. We live in symbiose with them, we need those bacteries. Some of them helps us fight against more dangerous ones (the ones we actually need antibiotics for). Like my mother was saying back in the days : You must suck on some rocks to become strong. (meaning not being a germs freak and living as it comes).

Peace out and don't forget to sanitize your hands and tell all the people around you that the germs are out to get them!! Be very affraid!! Btw, release the cracken already!!

edit on 28-10-2013 by bigwig22 because: typo

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

bigwig22

FlyersFan

beezzer
I blame the hand-sanitizers. Those home anti-bacterial soaps. They create a perfect environment to make resistant bacteria.

We use them. If I go shopping or to the movies or whatever, I pull it out and use it.
People are germy messes ... and I have issues with fighting germs due to my health situation.
We have dial (antibacterial) and Dawn dish soap (antibacterial) and goopy hand sanitizer in my
car and purse (antibacterial) ....

Then, it's all because people like you that are sooo affraid of germs and such that we are in a situation like that. We live in symbiose with them, we need those bacteries. Some of them helps us fight against more dangerous ones (the ones we actually need antibiotics for). Like my mother was saying back in the days : You must suck at some rocks to become strong. (meaning not being a germs freak and living as it comes).

Peace out and don't forget to sanitize your hands and tell all the people around you that the germs are out to get them!! Be very affraid!! Btw, release the cracken already!!

What you're saying has some truth in it, but before pointing fingers, did you consider that someone with an autoimmune disease might be "sooo affraid of germs" for good reason? Not everyone's immune system is in perfect working order, unfortunately, and it isn't necessarily their fault or due to their failure to "suck at" enough rocks. There are plenty of nasty microorganisms that we don't exactly "live in symbiose" with, and while they might not pose a problem for someone with a normal, healthy immune system, they might spell death for someone else.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by opopanax

Hi there,

you are right, maybe i was a little harsh. It's true that there are some people with an immune system problem that may need these anti-bacterial soaps.But do they make 80% of the population? Because at the rates i see those little soap dispensers in public places and all the signs that say to use it or else, there must be at least 80% of the population with those problems? No?

The only time i use those "purel" soap dispensers is when i go to visit someone at a hospital. It's not even to protect me but more to protect the sick ppl at the hospital from getting sicker in case their immune system is weak.

Concerning the nasty and good bacteries, these soaps don't make any difference, they kill them all. At least, no discrimination here

So, sorry for pointing fingers, it was wrong.

Peace out.
edit on 28-10-2013 by bigwig22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
On another note, if you're on a farm and have a septic tank, never use antibacterial soaps, or body wash.

Triclosan builds up over time and will screw up a septic system in a nearly irreparable way.
edit on 28-10-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

bigwig22
reply to post by opopanax

Hi there,

you are right, maybe i was a little harsh. It's true that there are some people with an immune system problem that may need these anti-bacterial soaps.But do they make 80% of the population? Because at the rates i see those little soap dispensers in public places and all the signs that say to use it or else, there must be at least 80% of the population with those problems? No?

The only time i use those "purel" soap dispensers is when i go to visit someone at a hospital. It's not even to protect me but more to protect the sick ppl at the hospital from getting sicker in case their immune system is weak.

Concerning the nasty and good bacteries, these soaps don't make any difference, they kill them all. At least, no discrimination here

So, sorry for pointing fingers, it was wrong.

Peace out.

Understood. Sorry if I jumped on you there! I do think that the aggressive marketing of antibacterial products to the general public reeks and that a lot of people mis- and over-use them. Companies push their products that "kill 99.999% (or whatever) of nasty invisible things that are out to get you!" and people generally see this as a good thing, because, on the surface, it sounds like it should be. That 0.001%, though...

This is making me want to create a "Microbiology 101" PSA or something.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You should've seen my face when the PR came out saying they'd acquired the IP from Poly

The whole bankruptcy thing really blows my mind though...you have one of the most promising drug pipelines of the century and you can't raise a f****** dime!? The only plausible scenario I can fathom is that they sent Chris Farley from the first half of Tommy Boy to schmooze with the other pharma execs

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Tajlakz
reply to post by Bedlam

You should've seen my face when the PR came out saying they'd acquired the IP from Poly

The whole bankruptcy thing really blows my mind though...you have one of the most promising drug pipelines of the century and you can't raise a f****** dime!? The only plausible scenario I can fathom is that they sent Chris Farley from the first half of Tommy Boy to schmooze with the other pharma execs

And then, you fake test results for some stupid anti-heparin drug? Why even bother with developing that when you've got 10 versions of brilacidin that's liquid gold?

How do you screw that pooch? It seems inscrutable.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

edit on 28-10-2013 by LOSTinAMERICA because: Fixed link

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I highly recommend the book "Curing the Incurable." It has a lot of references in it.

This will of course not be interesting to anyone who sees things such as 'the fundamental elements and enzymes and electrons our bodies are based on' as conspiracy-woo -- by which I mean orthomolecular medicine -- but if there is anyone who knows someone dying of something incurable it is damn sure worth a try.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This is going to cause a big problem eventually. The bacteria is evolving, but we aren't evolving to resist it. As much as I hate to say it, medical treatment is actually hindering our evolution and making us take a step backwards. There was a time when if somebody caught some kind of virus or infection, there were two scenarios that could come of it:

- Person dies. This person was too weak to resist the virus/infection. They were thereby unable to pass on their inferior DNA.

- Person is genetically stronger and survives this virus/infection. Lives to reproduce and pass on his/her superior DNA, thereby strengthening the gene pool for generations to come.

When this happened on a larger scale over time it made our species stronger. Now with medical intervention we're actually unraveling evolution, and making our species weaker in the process. It's going to come back and bite us in the ass.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ok so its official now.

We are all going to die sometime int he future? Check!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

RedCairo
I highly recommend the book "Curing the Incurable." It has a lot of references in it.

This will of course not be interesting to anyone who sees things such as 'the fundamental elements and enzymes and electrons our bodies are based on' as conspiracy-woo -- by which I mean orthomolecular medicine -- but if there is anyone who knows someone dying of something incurable it is damn sure worth a try.

Unfortunately that book was written by Thomas E. Levy who maintains that root canals are the number one cause of all cancer and chronic disease.
So for that and that alone I would find it difficult to take the man seriously.
About anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Using those hand sanitizers don't help us...

At one time I worked in the personal care industry (shampoos, deodorants, antiperspirants....

In the corporate library was a book on the chemistry of personal care products. The one thing that really stuck was the fact that the skin is naturally ACIDIC and changing the pH makes it more susceptible to infection.

Forget the alcohol, use lemon Juice or vinegar. If you do use a hand sanitizer follow it with vinegar to return the skin to the correct pH. Ivory soap, a real soap made with lye (NaOH) is one of the worst soaps around.

Int J Cosmet Sci. 2006 Oct;28(5):359-70. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-2494.2006.00344.x.
Natural skin surface pH is on average below 5, which is beneficial for its resident flora.
Lambers H, Piessens S, Bloem A, Pronk H, Finkel P. LINK

Abstract

Variable skin pH values are being reported in literature, all in the acidic range but with a broad range from pH 4.0 to 7.0. In a multicentre study (N = 330), we have assessed the skin surface pH of the volar forearm before and after refraining from showering and cosmetic product application for 24 h. The average pH dropped from 5.12 +/- 0.56 to 4.93 +/- 0.45.

On the basis of this pH drop, it is estimated that the 'natural' skin surface pH is on average 4.7, i.e. below 5. This is in line with existing literature, where a relatively large number of reports (c. 50%) actually describes pH values below 5.0; this is in contrast to the general assumption, that skin surface pH is on average between 5.0 and 6.0.

Not only prior use of cosmetic products, especially soaps, have profound influence on skin surface pH, but the use of plain tap water, in Europe with a pH value generally around 8.0, will increase skin pH up to 6 h after application before returning to its 'natural' value of on average below 5.0.

It is demonstrated that skin with pH values below 5.0 is in a better condition than skin with pH values above 5.0, as shown by measuring the biophysical parameters of barrier function, moisturization and scaling. The effect of pH on adhesion of resident skin microflora was also assessed; an acid skin pH (4-4.5) keeps the resident bacterial flora attached to the skin, whereas an alkaline pH (8-9) promotes the dispersal from the skin.

An easier read:

...Maintaining the Acid Mantle – Optimal pH Skin Care
The acid mantle is a form of protection, but if your pH level is too alkaline or too acidic, this mantle is disturbed, skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema , and rosacea may result. A skin care product may claim to be pH balanced, but you can verify the actual pH of a product by using an at-home pH testing kit (available at most drug stores). A physician can also determine your skin’s surface pH level and saliva tests can accurately indicate your body’s overall pH level.

Cleansers
Most cleansers, including bars and detergent soaps, are too alkaline for the skin, stripping away natural oils and causing it to become dry and irritated. Skin that is too alkaline can also be more susceptible to acne because a certain level of acidity is needed to inhibit bacterial growth on the skin. You may have noticed that many cleansers and shampoos are now avoiding the use of Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which has the approximate alkaline pH level of 10 and can be very drying and irritating to the skin. Choosing mild cleansers and toners that are slightly acidic (close to 5) will assist in properly maintaining the acid mantle and benefit all skin types.

Acids
At the opposite side of the spectrum, skin treated with products that are overly acidic can also be problematic because they can over-strip natural oils, which can temporarily disrupt the lipid barrier of the skin. Ingredients such as Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Retinoic Acid, Beta Hydroxy Acids, and Amino Fruit Acids, if not used properly, can weaken the skin's natural defenses to bacterial infection and environmental damage. Most over-the-counter products are buffered, making them suitable for everyday use - however, it is still important to take careful note of your skin when using any acidic product. If your skin starts to look dry or red, or if it becomes sensitive or breakouts increase - you may be using too strong of a product or applying it too often.... skincarerx.com...

Tap water pH is adjusted by local water treatment centers to ensure that minerals present in natural water sources do not deposit in pipes and water meters thereby causing corrosion. Calcium compounds for instance that are are present in most lakes and streams will precipitate out if water becomes acidic, that is the pH drops below 7.0. To prevent this damage from occurring, water treatment centers add base chemicals to the water supply to make it more alkaline. Thus in most regions on the country tap water is alkaline with a pH of about 8.1. LINK

Since lemon Juice and vinegar have a pH of around 2 you can make a solution of tap water and lemon juice or vinegar that is about pH 4.

Litmus Strips:
Aquarium supply places, even WalMart, Target and CVS has pH testing paper

Even Amazon.com carries PHion Balance Diagnostic Ph Test Strips, 4.5 - 9.0 ph Range. (more accurate readings and easier to read than litmus paper.)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

If you want something easier on wound beds, we used to use silvadene

Yes, My vet makes up the stuff for us. Also once healing starts apply Vitamin E (Direct from the capsules) on the scap to minimize scaring.

Also for animals apply NOTHING but water if you think the wound needs stitching.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

Because at the rates i see those little soap dispensers in public places and all the signs that say to use it or else, there must be at least 80% of the population with those problems?

The problem is the @#$%&% LAWYERS! If a kid gets sick you are looking at millions of dollars in lawsuits. Happened to a friend with a petting farm.

1. No illness week one at a county fair.

2. Week in between - USDA Animal Rights Activist who wanted him out of business stuck a thermometer up the butts of all his animals.

3. Week Three 200 people become ill.

4. Week Four another fair but no one ill.

OH and since then it was found ConAgra was shipping e-coli laced hamburger.
www.cattlenetwork.com... A funny article on the problem.

SHIELDING THE GIANT: USDA's “Don't Look, Don't Know” Policy for Beef Inspection

Organic Consumers Association: USDA Allowed ConAgra to Poison Americans with Tainted Meat

However the goal was reached. People were scared into believing farm animals caused disease in kids and the Ag Cartel got their Food UNSAFE Modernization Act passed that will kill off independent farmers.
Trojan Horse Law: The Food Safety Modernization Act

No one bothered to mention the CDC showed the food borne disease DOUBLED if you compare the three years before HACCP to the three years after HACCP. HACCP turned food safety testing over to the corporations and closed government testing labs. Government Inspectors no longer eyeballed the food and pulled samples for microbiological testing. All that is now done is the inspectors check paperwork.

April 2013: Food Safety Modernization Act harms small farmers and safety innovation

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join