It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC - We've Reached The End of Antibiotics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Iodine is God's natural anti-biotic that has been ignored for some time, kills mostly all bacteria, many with in seconds, others after longer exposure. You can take it internally, but you must be careful on your dosage.
How well it works to kill bacteria already in a person not really sure, but it is something worth considering.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Now all that is needed is for a vaccine resistant flu bug to send people to the hospital where they will pick up the resistant bacteria and BAM!

A pandemic for the history books...if there is anyone left to write them.

I wouldn't worry about that. There is no such thing as disease or virus with a 100% kill rate or even 100% infection rate for that matter. Never has and never will be. A pandemic resistant to antibiotics might take out a good portion of the world's population, but humanity wouldn't be rendered extinct either.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

happyzodiac
Why don't they use steam heat in the hospitals to kill the germs and bacteria. This way there is no resistance in the future. As a matter of fact everyone should use it at home etc etc.

Hospitals DO use steam to sterilize equipment, when they can. Unfortunately steam can't be used on everything (e.g. hands, patients).
edit on 10/28/2013 by opopanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
bacteriophage's are the way to go. these are viruses that basiclly infect bacteriums, no need for anti-biotics

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Kaboose

Iodine is God's natural anti-biotic that has been ignored for some time, kills mostly all bacteria, many with in seconds, others after longer exposure. You can take it internally, but you must be careful on your dosage.
How well it works to kill bacteria already in a person not really sure, but it is something worth considering.

Sorry, iodine is an antiseptic NOT an antibiotic.
It's only used topically not internally as it is extremely toxic (certainly in concentrations high enough to kill microbes).

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

regular soap, works just as good,the antibacterial soaps never kill all the bacteria so the few left , multiply and at some point they become resistant , then the antibiotics don't work don't work.

if using hand sanitizers use the ones with gel and just alcohol...not with added antibacterial agent in it.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
When I was a kid, I got dirty, I got cut, and hurt ate mud and gum off the sidewalk. I'm still kicking and alive, and actually doing pretty good.

I can echo some of the sentiments of other posters, in that we have over cleaned or over protected ourselfs.

My little sister for instance I witnessed eating mud (dirt & water) as a kid many times, yet her kid touches the wheel on his wagon while he's riding in it, immediately with the wipes, and a scolding for touching the wheel "because it's dirty". I took the time to remind her she used to not only touch but eat dirt to which she tells me "times have changed" you can't do that stuff theses days.

I personally feel we have been brain washed to think that at all times we must be sparkling clean and this I feel has left us open to never getting that little bit sick that wards off all the big things that can befall us.

SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by TDawgRex

The world is overpopulated. We live in a cesspool of our own germs and waste products.
At some point, the Earths 'system' will correct itself and flush a large portion of humanity.
We will kill most of ourselves off ... that's what I think.

Not quite. Its all on purpose

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yahwehorthehighway
Not quite. Its all on purpose

I'm curious what you mean by this and I don't want to jump to potentially incorrect conclusions. Care to elaborate? What's on purpose? Whose purpose?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Developing natural immunities will always be far superior to anything big pharma dishes out.

Correct.

Why are farm kids so healthy?

Last year, another study found that kids who grow up on farms grow up with regular exposure to dust, pollen, animals and manure, which encourages a more robust immune system compared to the more hygienic city life. In fact, farm kids are 30 to 50 percent less likely to develop allergies or asthma than those who live in the city.

University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health: Does Living 'Down on the Farm' Lead to Healthier Immune Systems in Kids?

Funded by a five-year, $5 million grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), researchers at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and Marshfield Clinic will determine how early exposure to farm animals and farm-related microbes promotes healthy immune development and increased resistance to viral respiratory illnesses in infants....

Dr. Matthew Keifer, director of the National Farm Medicine Center at Marshfield Clinic and a co-investigator on the study, says the research will provide critical insight on how non-disease-causing germs profoundly affect innate immune systems in early life.

“It should come as no surprise that we would study the farmer’s lifestyle, one of the healthiest we know of, to search for ways to improve health in the general population,” Keifer said.

According to the NIAID, viral respiratory illnesses are the most common illnesses in infants and young children and are an important risk factor for the development of childhood asthma, which affects more than seven million kids nationwide.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaboose

Iodine is God's natural anti-biotic

Yes it even kills tetanus.

By G. J. Goubeaud, D.V.S., FlushTng, L. I.

About eight years ago I read an article in the Therapeutic Gazette, a journal published in Chicago, devoted to human medicine, in which the author advocated the employment of iodine and chloroform for disinfection of wounds before suturing them.

I have mislaid this article, otherwise I would give the author credit for it.

...this human physician was employed by a firm which had a very large number of employees in a manufacturing establishment, and the cases of injury were numerous. Persons who were injured had in a large number of cases lacerated and contused wounds. All of these wounds were filled with grease and foreign matter, and the result was that no matter how much he would attempt to thoroughly wash the wounds and remove the extraneous material, his efforts were unsuccessful, and healing took place by pus-formation. We all know how difficult it is to thoroughly clean a lacerated or contused wound, and we know perfectly the difficulties that this physician had to contend with in his efforts to secure healing by first intention and also to lessen the number of complications. He employed iodine crystals in a chloroform solution. The results which he reported were most gratifying, and I felt that if he were successful there was no reason why I should not be.

The wounds from which animals suffer are no exception to those of the human body. We have the same conditions to contend with in so far as regards dirt and filth gaining entrance into them, and I, theretofore, decided to give this treatment a trial, and to say the least the results were most pleasing. I have seen wounds which were a combination of laceration and contusion, muscles torn and skin ragged; the exposed structures filled with dirt, grease and other foreign matter, and I applied iodine solution after as much foreign matter as it was possible to remove had been removed; thoroughly dried the wound with absorbent cotton and then applied again liberally the iodine solution. The only antiseptic that was employed later on was a weakened solution of the iodine, and I wish to state here that the results have been uniformly successful. The wounds healed most rapidly and there was usually no pus-formation, and when this did occur, the injection of iodine in mild solution caused the clearing up of the wound.
Large wounds that would ordinarily take from a month to sixweeks, if not longer, to heal so that the animal would be able to work, now heal in from ten to twenty days.

Ulcerating wounds and those wounds and sores caused by collar and saddle galls and bruises heal most rapidly after the application of iodine.

I am the veterinarian for the First Cavalry, National Guard, New York, and during the maneuvers it was common for me to dress twice a day, sometimes more often, from 50 to 150 sore backs, withers and forearms. These wounds were caused by the saddle or girth, large stick-fasts resulted, which in some cases were so severe as to incapacitate about 50 per cent, of these horses for further work. Those who have had any dealings with pack animals know to what extent these wounds will incapacitate an animal, and they also known too well the complications....
curezone.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by TDawgRex

The world is overpopulated. We live in a cesspool of our own germs and waste products.
At some point, the Earths 'system' will correct itself and flush a large portion of humanity.
We will kill most of ourselves off ... that's what I think.

A little bit like Gaia Theory.. the planet is an organism which will regulate with checks and balances and utlimately act on an infestasion (mankind) to reduce it's numbers........

This is exactly it.....couple that with the terrible Fukishima poisoning of the planet....hmmmm

sleep well everyone

Regards

PDUK

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There are hundreds of natural antibiotics that are not being used/used often by western medicine. For example, I make tinctures from a lichen that grows on the trees out here that is a type of "Usnea" lichen. It is a powerful antibiotic. Since it is not widely used there is not much resistance built up to it. It is ludicrous to say we are nearing the end of antibiotic use.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is bad indeed. Luckily for me, I believe the human body can clear all sickness with the right set of mind. Two words, human potential.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

CandidoMendez
This is bad indeed. Luckily for me, I believe the human body can clear all sickness with the right set of mind. Two words, human potential.

This sounds like a nice idea at first, but what about all of the people with chronic and terminal diseases? There are many wonderful people who suffer and even die from conditions despite doing all they can to get well. Do you think every last one of them just has the "wrong" mindset? What is the "right" mindset?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You been keeping up on the brilacidin news? Cellceutix just inked out a shiny $20 million financing deal that'll help with the upcoming trials in 2014 (add that to the approximately $6 mil cash they already have on hand). The current plan is for a dose optimization phase 2b to start early in the first half of the year, as well as a short phase 2 using the stuff against oral mucositis. And that's completely ignoring their flagship cancer drug currently in phase 1 at Dana-Farber and their psoriasis drug that gets to start off in a phase 2/3 trial because of its structural similarity to Abacavir. I'm glad I got my shares early...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by opopanax

Well, having the right mindset is merely a piece of the equation. You'd have to be truly in tune with yourself and maybe, just maybe a miracle might happen. Have you heard of the Placebo Effect? Awesome stuff, I would totally recommend you check it out.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

FlyersFan

NightSkyeB4Dawn
Our bodies are capable, with proper conditioning to fight off the bacteria present in our normal environment.

I have a different situation with autoimmune and low white blood cells, and autoimmune meds that change my ability to fight things off ... etc etc ...

That really stinks...I have a Wolverine like healing factor. When I do get ill, I heal within 24 hours. I did end up with a flu like ailment that stuck around for almost two weeks and was worsening over time...I finally broke down and took two amoxicillin. I keep them on hand in case of a shtf scenario. But just two worked...I didn't need to "take the ENTIRE bottle" like most doctors prescribe.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

the owlbear

That really stinks...I have a Wolverine like healing factor. When I do get ill, I heal within 24 hours. I did end up with a flu like ailment that stuck around for almost two weeks and was worsening over time...I finally broke down and took two amoxicillin. I keep them on hand in case of a shtf scenario. But just two worked...I didn't need to "take the ENTIRE bottle" like most doctors prescribe.

It sounds like your immune system worked as intended and cleared whatever illness you had, which is great. However, no offense meant to you personally, but amoxicillin is for treating bacterial infections (e.g. ear infections), not for treating the flu or flu-like illnesses, and when you do take a course of antibiotics, it's important to actually finish it - seriously. This kind of misuse of antibiotics is part of the reason we are where we are in terms of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, as per the OP.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

opopanax

happyzodiac
Why don't they use steam heat in the hospitals to kill the germs and bacteria. This way there is no resistance in the future. As a matter of fact everyone should use it at home etc etc.

Hospitals DO use steam to sterilize equipment, when they can. Unfortunately steam can't be used on everything (e.g. hands, patients).
edit on 10/28/2013 by opopanax because: (no reason given)

Not to mention, you don't want to run into the stuff that can live in steam. Some of that stuff is nasty, too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join