It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC - We've Reached The End of Antibiotics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps have been linked to bone issues as well as immune system disorders. They stopped requiring the use of these with children in schools in my area because of studies done on them - revealing bad outcomes over time.

I would say it's not going to hurt someone in moderation but our world has always has been full of germs. Out bodies are intelligent on their own - have evolved to overcome. Maybe not anymore - since we have made the human mind the master of all but I'm sure we can get that back (hope so). I am always facinated by the number of microscopic living things we come into contact with (or that lives on/in people). If you kill the bad you also kill the good stuff.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's not the everyday bath or hand washing that is the problem.

It's the industrial level of overuse of antibiotics.

Birds and animals are commercially produced in cramped and overpopulated conditions that guarantee infection. They feed these animals antibiotics for their entire lives. When we eat these animals and their products...even milk and eggs...we consume these antibiotics. Every day.

These antibiotics are in our food, our homes and ultimately end up in the toilets and down the drain.
Every sewer in the developed world has the potential to harbor antibioitic resistant bacteria because antibiotics have become a part of the food chain.

Our doctors, no longer actually healers, are prescribing antibiotics for everything.
Got a cold, antibiotics.
Got a scrape, antibiotics.
Got insomnia, bad breath, crossed eyes, crooked teeth, a lousy sense of humor....antibiotics.

It's like having a housekeeper that uses a hammer to dust the china.

So humans have taken a good thing and used way too much of it due to laziness and greed....again.

Now that good thing has become obsolete.

We get what we've got coming.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
@ that both humans and livestock have been overmedicated to such a degree that bacteria are now resistant to antibiotics.

‘We're in the post-antibiotic era,' he said. 'There are patients for whom we have no therapy, and we are literally in a position of having a patient in a bed who has an infection, something that five years ago even we could have treated, but now we can’t.’.

It seems that natural processes of evolution would "control" the host to bacteria/virus resistance. But do to the fact that these current food processing and medication intake are applying multiple phases of genetic stress? From human medication intake and mass food processing being "treated" with synthetics hormones. The 2 applied stresses on the genetics exposed to 1 seem to cause the bacteria/virus to grow or become stronger more resistant because they (bacteria/virus) are being direct affected from the synthetics hormones/treatments used to keep livestock healthy for sale or that are used to produce larger livestock to acquire more money per Creature... Also the direct intake the livestock are exposed to when eating pesticide modified crop materials. Add in the human intake of medications boosting the bacteria/virus resistance strength and you can kind of see an interconnected strength / resistant mechanism existing as it cycles the synthetics/hormones/pesticides/medications ingested, not to mention other more nefarious on the body activities from alcohol & smoking more bad health we've all fell... victim to over times. Bad health that degenerates the EA*RTH environment suits in MASS which in turn allow the weakened bodies to become more fertile for bacterial-viral exposures in mass.

Due to these mentioned processes in the post being potentially related bacteria/virus resistance strength being influenced from synthetic/hormone/pesticide exposure to "BOTH" livestock and consumer, 1 feels it may require unfortunately advances in synthetics genetic -ALTERING- or strengthening of the human EA*RTH environment suit in order to combat resistant strains since these mention resistant affects are caused from non natural processes therefore making it harder for nature to keep up and naturally make the human body resistant as it naturally has over many periods of time.

genetic altering?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by TDawgRex

2 weeks ago my mother caught MRSA while working in the hospital she works at. Talk about a nasty and I mean nasty infection. They essentially had to drain out the fluid in her leg, scrub it clean and then hope for the medication to do its job. She essentially has a hole in her leg from this operation she had.

It's scary to think that our internal defense systems are in a lose-lose battle with these super germs today. I try to stay away from medications whenever I can for this exact reason...I do get sick but I also allow my white blood cells to do their job. When it gets too bad and I need to call in Seal Team 6 aka medications I do so, but until then I try to handle illnesses on my own.

Garlic
www.staph-infection-resources.com...

edit on 123131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Dianec
Hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps have been linked to bone issues as well as immune system disorders.

I'd really be interested in more information on that if anyone has it.
(I"m a person with autoimmune diseases) Thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Some may frown on GA but its already being done to the bacteria/viruses (genetic altering) so if human in environment suit "form" is to evolve & survive with this non natural issue of altered strains of bacteria & virus the human body must alter/upgrade or the bacteria/virus overtake or win. Due to human functions not assisting in the protection because..................... if money is considered then make more livestock make them bigger sell more meds even if not sicker?? SELF INFLICTED SPECIES DESTRUCTION even if FEEL @ top don't see generations away that they too are or may be related to.

Species maturity recognizes nefarious deeds done at top cause effects down below which destabilize entire structure and ALL fall... or don't evolve. Yes some maybe can afford to somehow avoid-hide or protect themselves (temporarily) but how well future are generations assessed? 1 wonders.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

FlyersFan

NightSkyeB4Dawn
Our bodies are capable, with proper conditioning to fight off the bacteria present in our normal environment.

I have a different situation with autoimmune and low white blood cells, and autoimmune meds that change my ability to fight things off ... etc etc ...

www.sharecare.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Or we just stop trying to screw around with it now - pull them all from animal use and see what happens. Humans do not have the intelligence nor patience to mess with such complex systems. I know that sounds harsh but why wasn't a longitudinal study done on the effects of feeding antibiotic induced animals to people? Oh wait - it was...we were all the be test subjects of the experiment.

Now we will see them try to one up it - figure out another way to make us healthy when sick while keeping animals fat and healthy. Such a medicine should never have been given to animals as a preventative. They knew this 10 years ago yet have allowed it to continue. Money truly is more valuable than life in this world we have made for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

FlyersFan

NightSkyeB4Dawn
Our bodies are capable, with proper conditioning to fight off the bacteria present in our normal environment.

I have a different situation with autoimmune and low white blood cells, and autoimmune meds that change my ability to fight things off ... etc etc ...

Having autoimmune disease changes the ability of being able to fight off things, period, regardless of the immune system nuking meds. You and I can have the same number of antibodies as anyone else but there is just no guarantee that a significant number of our antibodies are doing what they are supposed to. Mutinous little cretins. I'm currently fighting a couple of opportunistic infections. It's just how it rolls.

Using those hand sanitizers don't help us but may actually put us more at risk in some ways. They are indiscriminate killers and our bodies are literally like a mini-planet. There is a huge amount of life that coexists and supports our bodies' proper function that gets slain by those hand sanitizers--"good" bacteria. They do exist on the layer of our skin and help provide a bacterial shield against other bacteria. When we slay that shield, we are basically left to our own faulty immune systems to do all the work.

The only time I start dishing out the antibiotics and antibacterial soaps is when I have a current infection and only in the areas where the infection exists and on my hands preceding the cleansing of said site of infection. This typically works out very well for me.

In terms of dangers of hand sanitizers, here's a recent article on the subject from CNN: www.cnn.com...

Much of the information they cite is actually the same stuff that was brought up in classes when I was a biology major 20+ years ago. Our professors were urging us to steer clear of hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial soaps. The thing that I find interesting about the article is the meddling of hormone levels. I don't know about your specific case of autoimmune disease but mine is directly related to hormones. The CNN article is also very correct in making the observation that the use of it does nothing for the majority of colds and flus as they are not bacterial in nature--they are viruses.

Regular soap and water. You really are doing yourself more harm than good using those hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial and I say this as someone who has the same medical issues.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
They're trying to hold back on medications and keep them for their bases. Antibiotics work very quickly for me despite having had to take them for throat fungus's alot as a child. I don't like their fancy ones either, the good old fashioned works the fastest, amoxyllin is wonderful. And just finished up with a cold that had been brewing before we moved from the coast and ended up coughing for a month, after the move and spraining or cracking a rib, and having compressed air capacity, couldn't get wind and 2 drugs immediately, within 1 day was feeling better, and within 1 week was better in no time.

1 was a kind of anti inflammatory that was very very strong, much stronger than ibprofun and they only put you short term on it. Was that wonderful, as soon as you take it the sore rib and wind loss probably was reduced enormously, swelling went down and able to breathe. The amoxcyllin solved it all quickly as well.

But that was 2 or more weeks before the move and about a month afterwards, so nearly 2 months of being sick.

Don't let anyone cut off your needed drugs.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Logic... Dianec, and agreed.

Considered this as well stop the whole process. That's what made 1 consider the money losses that would then be involved as the natural ways to grow livestock (if any exist) are returned and then the current exposure agents will fade out of the genetics after a few livestock generations few but still many. Why at the same time mankind revaluates its medical (intake = more money losses) and then finds better ways to coexist and grow food intake in more developed ways.

It can be a challenging process yes that would require massive amounts of compassion- patience- wealth loss etc. from those who can actually do it and those who can financially organize/support it. But then they did great by doing so? SO? this 1 relates to Species maturity because it involves the entire species educating & interacting as 1 caring for itself as 1 protecting itself as 1. Eventually progression as 1 with OTHER 1z = 1, as its shown the intelligence granted... of EA*RTH
edit on 10/27/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Really they dont say. Who would have thunk it eh?

Just messing! While there is some tug and pull effect between supposed preventive measures and cures and the actual things there supposed to achieve. I do not think there will be any superbug going around soon, but then again just depends on the numbers were talking about here in the definition of supper bug, hundreds of people infected, thousands, or millions.

But yes in nature there is a dualistic approach to things, and the motto for them little viruses and germs is. "What does not kill us only makes us stronger" But the truth is what does kill them still makes them stronger anyways, that .01% is what gets ya in the end. So who knows, maybe the human population will need to take a dive like the virus and other nastiness population did, for humanity to come back that much stronger. So I would not worry much, humanity itself is an essential virus required for this organism we call earth, in the overall scheme of things it would be counterproductive to eliminate it. But not counterproductive to decimate it.

Funny how it all works sometimes, there is a potential for every advantage that we create, to have also created a hundred untold and unknown potential little disadvantages down the line.

But I dont know "the end of antibiotics"

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Quote:
I wash my hands BEFORE I use the bathroom. Makes little sense to me to wash them after.
Endquote.
Letting your immune system do what it does is one thing, and exposing it to routine germs might be a dandy idea ... until it isn't... but washing your hands after using the bathroom is a common courtesy to allow people around you to be comfortable and in extreme cases, live, for pity sake!

Hepatitis A and e coli are two of the biggies passed around by unseen poop residue, but there are many, many others, and all of them can be nasty suckers... even fatal.

Just because one can't see any fecal residue doesn't mean they aren't passing colonies of germs along to the next unlucky person existing in the same area. Wash your hands after using the potty people... and if you're in the food service industry, well... it goes triple... look up Typhoid Mary.

Oh, and the last PBS Frontline on MERSA and the death of antibiotics is scary and fascinating. Also, look up the Uni of Arizona's work on germs in public spaces for gross, yet surprising findings. One last thing... Vit C.
edit on 10/27/2013 by Baddogma because: lost main part o' post

edit on 10/27/2013 by Baddogma because: total mess

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is not a good thing for those people who do not take care of them self's by eating meat with antibiotics and growth hormones in it as well as all kinds of other toxins in there food such as Mono-sodium Glutamate, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Trans Fat, etc... These other toxins creating illness in which you would normally get prescribed antibiotics for by you local doctor.

There are however different options which could be easily goggled that do not require drugs or surgery to cure illness and they are by healing properties within organic foods and other holistic means. In that aspect i think this whole thing were many peoples body's are becoming resistant to antibiotics is a good thing given it will force them to start taking better care of there body's and illuminate the fact the drugs and surgery are not and were never the best way to cure any illnesses as demonstrated by the very man who created the very notion that drugs and surgery are better then nature. That man being John D Rockefeller the oil tycoon that many people came to the realization was a member of the so call Illuminati, elite, etc. who on his death bed at age ninety seven had his homeopath doctor by his side not a medical doctor which he gave birth to.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Dianec
Hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps have been linked to bone issues as well as immune system disorders.

I'd really be interested in more information on that if anyone has it.
(I"m a person with autoimmune diseases) Thanks.

Here is one on immune system. Ill find something on bone issues (ABC news reported it). I came very close to an autoimmune disorder. They wanted to test me so I did everything in my power to turn it around. I'm not perfect at it. I still eat unhealthy foods sometimes and even give into an antibiotic (usually if infection is confirmed and my body can't kick it out on it's own).

It makes me angry that I was a part of this mass experiment. I was a part of - give them out "just in case" so got them even for headaches. All of this weakened my body. I take probiotics (have to find the one that works for you - more strains isn't necessarily the best - experiment with them one at a time). I believe our bodies can heal themselves. I'll find the article on bone problems. Peer review if can link.

In the meantime try to heal yourself - believe you can overcome it.
Find the probiotic that works for you (may be animal based; may be plant based; certain strains).
Stay off sugar (organic dark chocolates seem to help with this if hard time).
Do some cleanses - may feel worse before better.
Take it easy on carbs - they turn to sugar faster - and sugar supresses the immune system.

It takes a lot to undo the damage but I have done it (so far). It's hard - feel like your going to go hungry at times since our grocery stores are full of sugar in everything, and chemical and antibiotic laden foods. It's worth it when you feel like your 17 instead of 70 though - and it happens - the body eventually returns to health. I still use anti bacterial soaps sometimes (I'm sure they are in public bathrooms), but buy non antibacterial ones for home (regular soap will clean us well enough).

www.consumerreports.org...

I can't find the one on bone health and I have to go do some errands - it shouldn't be that hard to find though so not sure why I can't - maybe misread it. It was reported by ABC news. I also saw something about these soaps inhibiting testosterone in men but didn't read that article. I think they are discovering more as we participate in this study. What they have found is enough for me to avoid them though.

This one talks about how heart and muscle function can be impaired by antibacterial soaps.

os.care2.com...#!/entry/antibacterial-soap-weakens-heart-and-muscle-function-study-says,5268a779da27f5d9d040cbe0

This ones talks about hand sanitizes as well. Analogous to bleach - kill everything - even the good stuff. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" was a good saying used. We also kill the good stuff when using these so the bad germs get stronger. I actually learned even more today. Who would know a topical could cause so much damage.

www.scientificamerican.com...

edit on 27-10-2013 by Dianec because: Added some links

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

devildogUSMC
I actually had MRSA about a month ago. I had a stab wound in my belly that I tried to treat myself and it got infected. I was in the hospital for 5 days. They had to go in and cut the abcess pockets filled with MRSA out of me and put me on IV vancomyacin, a very strong antibiotic, for 5 days, then sent me home with a topical antibiotic cream and oral antibiotics.

Besides the scar, it worked like a charm. And supposedly MRSA is one of the worst infections out there.

My grandfather had MRSA infected pacemaker leads in his heart about 7 years ago. They removed the infected leads and tissue, treated the infection as best as they could and the rest was all dependent on his own body fighting it. He survived it, too. Beating an infection isn't just the meds...it has to do with the strength of the immune system/overall health, too. For some, the only defense would be those super strong antibiotics.

I'm really glad that you beat it.
Means that you are one tough sob.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
At the rate most doctors prescribe anti-biotics just to get people out of the exam room, this isn't at all surprising, even less surprising when you consider the number anti-bacterial products you find everywhere.

I love our GP, if you have a virus, he tells you as much, and while he might give you something to help your symptoms like a decongestant, he won't give you an anti-biotic unless he really thinks you have an actual infection going on. Finding a doc like that is really rare.

There is some mixed news about this, too. The thing about bacteria is that they only want to carry the bare minimum genetic material that they need for survival and carrying the genes that make them antibiotic resistant is expensive. If we went completely cold turkey on antibiotics for a period of years, they'd shed those genes and our drugs would work again. I'm not sure I'd want to live through that period years (I've read 3 to 5) though. They'd be ugly times.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This just galls me to no end!!!!!
*Maybe* if agribusiness had not used them so recklessly on poultry and livestock this would not have come so soon.
edit on 10/27/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You may be onto something there though

I remember as a kid,I tod on a rusty nail that stuck deep into the underside of my foot-i told my mother that at school we were told it could give one tetanus unless you got a shot-she just said "Oh you'll be fine,no need for that" and I was fine-thank goodness though,tetanus does'nt sound like fun.
I fell out of a tree once,I was sliding down the branch+my Tshirt hitched up,so I scraped off the skin from below my chest to under my bellybutton-it was horribly painful-my mother just applied a thick layer of an ointment called Killgerm,that one could buy in South Africa in the early 70's-that stuff worked So well.on any injury where skin was broken-but it has been off the market for many years-a trend I have noticed over the years,btw,some simple but very effective medications seem to work so well that you'd expect the company to be selling them forever-then you skip a few years of using these due to no injuries,or the condition you used them for not recurring often.But then one day you want That specific ointment or treatment for scratchy sore throat-etc-and find it is no longer being manufactured-and I think why the Hell-that stuff Really Worked.Yet,it has been discontinued-maybe there's some conspiracy in there too

Anyway yes when I was a kid nobody was too concerned about germs,people were not always expecting epidemics-and we never bothered with flu shots,it was pretty much a case of "You get the flu,you get it,sucks,but you recover".I have hardly ever had flu in my life though,and I never get the shot.I may have had a proper bout of flu 5 times in my life,and I am almost 50.

I know they say those handsanitisers are overkill,but I do use them when I have to touch supermarket trolleys-also the chain I shop at,have free disposable anti-bacterial wipes at the entrance-and I do make use of those-not being a wuss,but I honestly am not going to risk handling a trolley handlebar that was used by someone who'd just been picking his nose,etc.That is just gross.And I don't have the same immunity against the common cold than I seem to have against flu-having chronic sinusitis,as I do, is not made more fun by having a snot-cold

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You are closer to the truth then you realize.

Our bodies have natural defense mechanisms for dealing with ordinary bacteria in our regular environment and it has ways to deal with new invaders when it is kept healthy and provided the necessary nutrients and exposure to sun and earth.

Our playing God, has caused most of these problems. It may be time to step back, stop the over use of antibiotics and get rid of the darn vaccines. Being old fashion may be just the best solution, and nothing beats just plain old soap and water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join