It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC - We've Reached The End of Antibiotics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I personally think that antibiotics as we currently understand and know them are over. But, I think there's a very good chance we'll find something new. It's really only a matter of time.

As for living in a post antibiotic world, I feel that your own habits and practices can greatly help you.

For instance in our house, we don't use antibacterial anything. When we clean we use a combination of water, baking soda and vinegar.

We wash our hands with hot water and soap.

If you get a cold, you let your body fight it. You eat a good nutritious diet that will help your body fight the fight it was designed to do in the first place.

Don't even get me started on the "flu-shot".

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes sir you and TDAWG hit on the head. Growing up on the farm we banged our selves up pretty good.

Heres a hint if the bleeding dont stop duct tape and crazy glue

I went the emergency room two times my whole childhood. Now urgent care and emergency rooms are full of cuts and bruises. Dont get me wrong tho I still call doctor mom if I need help or have a sliver

edit on 27-10-2013 by CitizenJack because: oops

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

2 weeks ago my mother caught MRSA while working in the hospital she works at. Talk about a nasty and I mean nasty infection. They essentially had to drain out the fluid in her leg, scrub it clean and then hope for the medication to do its job. She essentially has a hole in her leg from this operation she had.

It's scary to think that our internal defense systems are in a lose-lose battle with these super germs today. I try to stay away from medications whenever I can for this exact reason...I do get sick but I also allow my white blood cells to do their job. When it gets too bad and I need to call in Seal Team 6 aka medications I do so, but until then I try to handle illnesses on my own.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Try not to wash your hands too often, and keep your place a bit messy to acclimate to the ever evolving micro ogranisms in your local area.

The end of antibiotics was a decade ago for this beast. No more than an occasional sneeze since then!

If absolutely necessary ingest some essential oils. Those still work for the critters.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I wonder if the answer is two fold: a solution and an update for a near to expire patent?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

webedoomed
Try not to wash your hands too often, and keep your place a bit messy to acclimate to the ever evolving micro ogranisms in your local area. .

Discouraging overuse of antibiotics and antibacterial soap is one thing; discouraging regular handwashing is another (and not sound advice). From a recent post of yours in another thread:

webedoomed
I wash my hands BEFORE I use the bathroom. Makes little sense to me to wash them after.

Think about it for a sec. If we're healthy, we're not infested with harmful bacteria. No need to wash!

It may make "little sense" to you if your understanding of microbiology is limited, but that doesn't mean there is "no need to wash." I can assure you that handwashing is not some sort of "Big Pharma" or "NWO" conspiracy you should be wary of, but don't take my word for it - here are some links you may review if you'd like to learn more:

Hand hygiene: Back to the basics of infection control
Hand washing: Do's and don'ts
Why Handwashing?
Proper hand washing technique: how to wash your hands properly
Why Is Handwashing Important?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The first step back is to stop teaching our children to use some toxic kill everything gel, instead of washing their hands. The best thing before, now and tomorrow is just plain old handwashing, with soap and water.

Why we have to throw out common sense for some new fangdangle, is beyond me. All it takes is an advertisement, a half naked man or woman, a catchy tune and the inference that everyone will envy you for having the item and everyone including their pet of the week will be walking with their object de jour in full display.

Our bodies are capable, with proper conditioning to fight off the bacteria present in our normal environment. We have been too busy playing God, instead of learning how to coexist on this planet with our other Earthlings. I hope it is not too late for future generations to dig themselves out of the mess we have made.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn
Our bodies are capable, with proper conditioning to fight off the bacteria present in our normal environment.

I have a different situation with autoimmune and low white blood cells, and autoimmune meds that change my ability to fight things off ... etc etc ...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by opopanax

Huh?

I think you're running off with bizarre assumptions there!

I wash my hands. I never said not to wash your hands.

The whole NWO thing... HUH?? I never post about NWO, it's a psychotic delusion.

Please quit with the assumptions.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

webedoomed

Huh?

I think you're running off with bizarre assumptions there!

I wash my hands. I never said not to wash your hands.

The whole NWO thing... HUH?? I never post about NWO, it's a psychotic delusion.

Please quit with the assumptions.

Thanks.

I didn't say you said NOT to wash your hands, but in the posts I quoted above you seem to be advocating limited handwashing, a position which doesn't really make sense unless you're referring to washing with antibacterial soap. There's no reason you shouldn't wash your hands with plain old soap and water after going to the bathroom. A normal, healthy human body is perfectly capable of producing feces that contain "bad" bacteria, and handwashing is one of the key ways by which you can reduce contamination. As for the NWO thing, I'm glad you agree - it just seems to be a common position 'round these parts that if something (e.g. handwashing) is promoted by the CDC, the UN, etc. it must be some evil plot of "the elite."

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I actually had MRSA about a month ago. I had a stab wound in my belly that I tried to treat myself and it got infected. I was in the hospital for 5 days. They had to go in and cut the abcess pockets filled with MRSA out of me and put me on IV vancomyacin, a very strong antibiotic, for 5 days, then sent me home with a topical antibiotic cream and oral antibiotics.

Besides the scar, it worked like a charm. And supposedly MRSA is one of the worst infections out there.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Livestock are still being given human antibiotics - no regs to stop it - and new antibiotic bacteria now infect food plants like lettuce, spinach, carrots, tomatoes and more. What a huge surprise.

Not.

...both humans and livestock have been overmedicated to such a degree that bacteria are now resistant to antibiotics.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Disease is a solution.

The more we go out of our way to attempt to limit disease, the more problems we create.

I don't mind washing my hands if they look too terribly dirty, or if I need to go poo or pee. I figure it's just a few seconds, so whatever.

What we've done by trying to be "clean" is caused our species to become weakened, and the micro-bacteria to become strengthened.

Why do the micro-bacteria become strengthened? We stress them out and wipe out the weakest. We need to stress our systems, and cause them to gain immunity.

Ultimately, the strongest survive. The mess we've created shows short-term benefits, and long term calamities. It's short-sighted.
edit on 27-10-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You may be joking, but in a sense you are right. Having kids go out side, exercise, get slightly hurt, get exposed to things. All of that has the net effect of strenghtening your immune system. In the past at least, rural farm kids had less allergies ect because they were exposed things more. Things might be different now on farms given how animals on farms are constantly fed meds.
edit on 27-10-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Do you all realize that MRSA has been around for a long time? it has changed and grown more resilient to antibiotics.
Also did you know that one in three of us are natural carriers of it? and most people have it on their skin 100% of the time.
Soap and hot water still sorts it out, in the past ward matrons made sure the wards were scrubbed with soap and hot water but now (in the UK anyhow) they use companies who clean the wards and they are on a tight schedule and the wards are not cleaned with hot water and soap but the anti bacterial products that are causing the bug to evolve.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

webedoomed

Disease is a solution.

The more we go out of our way to attempt to limit disease, the more problems we create.

I don't mind washing my hands if they look too terribly dirty, or if I need to go poo or pee. I figure it's just a few seconds, so whatever.

What we've done by trying to be "clean" is caused our species to become weakened, and the micro-bacteria to become strengthened.

Why do the micro-bacteria become strengthened? We stress them out. We need to stress our systems, and cause them to gain immunity.

Ultimately, the strongest survive. The mess we've created shows short-term benefits, and long term calamities. It's short-sighted.

What you've said here is true to some extent, but I personally would hate to return to the state we were in before the 1800s when germ theory wasn't understood and handwashing wasn't the norm. We weren't "stronger" then. Mortality rates were far higher. Lifespans were shorter. We've come incredibly far in terms of health and hygiene in a relatively short amount of time, despite having created some problems along the way. I don't think having far fewer women die during childbirth, children die during childhood, treatable sick and injured die unnecessarily, etc. is a short-term benefit.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

beezzer
I blame the hand-sanitizers. Those home anti-bacterial soaps. They create a perfect environment to make resistant bacteria.

We've "cleaned" ourselves to death.

This ^^^. We've definitely cleaned ourselves to death. We've used so much antibacterial & antibiotic crap over the years that we've made a lot of scary things become immune. What is killed off with antibacterial soap use, we have few chances of actually using our immune system for. Kids don't get the chance to muck around in the dirt anymore, so there's fewer things for them to naturally exercise their immune system with, they don't get the benefit of the sun, and the same applies to adults. Our houses are practically sterile, so our immune system doesn't have to lift a finger at home, either. Add to that antibiotic over-prescription for stuff that isn't even bacterial just to get a whiny patient to shut up, and we have created monster bacteria, and weak immune systems. And we wonder why we get hit so hard when we get sick? We've taken away the ability to build immunities, and worse yet, we're backing off the exposure & use of things that naturally boost it. Ample time in the sun, honey to snack on, etc.

I don't use antibacterial hand soaps. Regular soap gets the grub off in the shower, and it's just as good in the sink. None of us have ever been horrifically sick, and better yet, neither of our kids have ever been sick beyond a stuffy nose one or two days a year. I'm not exaggerating.
I use antibacterial dishwasher soap on the hot cycle, and that's about it. If I could just boil my dishes clean, I'd settle for that because the heat would be plenty sufficient & bacteria would have a hard time adapting to it. And like the poster above, I clean surfaces with a vinegar solution as well. I have a steam mop that I occasionally use on the floors and surfaces, too.

Our fear is being sick is breeding resistant bugs. That's going to be much worse in the long run than just dealing with being sick for a few days in the present.
edit on 10/27/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

...I personally would hate to return to the state we were in before the 1800s when germ theory wasn't understood and handwashing wasn't the norm. We weren't "stronger" then. Mortality rates were far higher. Lifespans were shorter. We've come incredibly far in terms of health and hygiene in a relatively short amount of time, despite having created some problems along the way. I don't think having far fewer women die during childbirth, children die during childhood, treatable sick and injured die unnecessarily, etc. is a short-term benefit.

Are you aware that before (male) doctors took over from (female) mid-wives, handwashing WAS the norm? But doctors went straight from researching diseased dead bodies in the morgue to delivering babies - and routinely infected new moms? Then dismissed "germ theory" for a good long while even when it was presented by an 'equally qualified' male doctor?

....and lifespans really were not that much shorter - just "on average." People who made it past childbirth and through childhood tended to live to a ripe old age. Although it's true, "on average" not so many did.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

opopanax

What you've said here is true to some extent, but I personally would hate to return to the state we were in before the 1800s when germ theory wasn't understood and handwashing wasn't the norm.

As would I. No wifi or 4g!

We weren't "stronger" then. Mortality rates were far higher. Lifespans were shorter.

So we have allowed several generations of people who would have died outside of modern medicine, to live. Then they reproduce with other weak individuals, and more biotech is needed to treat their illnesses. I don't think that's strengthening. I think that's dysgenics.

As for the "lifespans", the human lifespan has been the exact same for thousands of years. It would have to be genetics to change that. Not medicine. You could make a case for "life expectancy" rising, but when you take out the data from infant and child deaths, this is minimal. Some 6-7 years, from what I recall.

We've come incredibly far in terms of health and hygiene in a relatively short amount of time, despite having created some problems along the way.

I think most people don't realize just how many problems we've created. I look around and see what seems to be sub-humans roaming around, mostly. Sucks to admit that, but I'd be lying if I said they were fine and dandy.

I don't think having far fewer women die during childbirth, children die during childhood, treatable sick and injured die unnecessarily, etc. is a short-term benefit.

Well then you're free to your opinion, and I'm free to mine. It's difficult to figure what's best. This is my opinion for the day.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would suggest that the next "evolution' may be nano medicine which fights the nasties directly.
Or a possible strong form of radiation which will disinfect the
people and places it may touch.......we may even learn to teleport the germs from our systems.....
New drugs crop up from time to time as well.......
Even in the vacuum of spae we are not "safe" because of the nasty things which reside in us.......
Natural immunity from germ encounters is really our best defense if we remain in health.....
Unfortunately healthy is a" goal "for the average American, not the norm........s

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join