It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 9: Gigantic Cilindrical Objects caught in front of the Moon...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

I don't have that program, but I tried to do the same thing in Gimp and nothing showed up.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

There's two images on the NASA site the larger high res which is the one linked by Arken and the "enhanced sharpened" which is the one this person used to achieve that effect.

This is a strange thread to get mixed up in. So far I've been told something I wrote wasn't true when I was agreeing with them and linked to wiki sooo...

I said hat I thought this was on pg.2 which many people have repeated, but somehow ignored where I wrote it.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Arken

JimOberg
Apollo-9's moon mission?

Arken, please stop injuring people by making them fall off their chairs laughing so hard.

Clue: There WAS no "Apollo-9 moon mission". Did you really think there had been?

JimOberg, Presumed Expert Of "Something", (for the future... only PEOS) please stop injuring yourself by making this kind of comments.
en.wikipedia.org...

It was the first test of the Lunar Module, not an actual landing.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hello Jim,
I respect your knowledge and I appreciate your posts but ... your answer is a little bit strange. When many people sees something we call it: "mass histeria"; when one person see something: "misinterpretation" ... and you come to say that you wouldn't trust your own observations ... sort of saying that your censorship mechanisms are not trust worthy, and you dismiss them. Hmmm .... I don't wanna go where "my little gray cells" are leading me.
Understand that I don't mean to be disrespectful.
Best regards

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

draknoir2

en.wikipedia.org...

Correct. And it wasn't a "Moon Mission" per se, because the whole Apollo 9 mission took place in low earth orbit. It wasn't until Apollo 10 that they tested the Lunar Module in lunar orbit.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter
This is a strange thread to get mixed up in. So far I've been told something I wrote wasn't true when I was agreeing with them and linked to wiki sooo...

I said hat I thought this was on pg.2 which many people have repeated, but somehow ignored where I wrote it.

Are referring to this post?:

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Crosshairs are all over Apollo mission photos.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

If so, I disagreed with that statement (or rather clarified) because it is not entirely true, and that clarification was germane to my argument. I clarified that not all Apollo images contained the crosshairs, which I demonstrated by showing another image from that same film magazine (magazine 23/D) that had no crosshairs. In fact, as far as I can tell none of the images from Apollo 9 have crosshairs, except for the OP's image.

That was important to my theory about the lines being the crosshairs of the sextant (i.e., maybe the image was take with the lens of the camera pointed against the eyepeice of the sextant). The sextant has a double-horizontal crosshair (like the double horizontal line of the OPs image) while the normal crosshairs seen on many of the Apollo images only have one horizontal per crosshair.

edit on 10/28/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

draknoir2

Arken

JimOberg
Apollo-9's moon mission?

Arken, please stop injuring people by making them fall off their chairs laughing so hard.

Clue: There WAS no "Apollo-9 moon mission". Did you really think there had been?

JimOberg, Presumed Expert Of "Something", (for the future... only PEOS) please stop injuring yourself by making this kind of comments.
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

WHO said Landing on Moon??
WHERE you and your friend PEOS find that words in my posts?
Only the Bizarre fantasy of the PEOS!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Arken

draknoir2

Arken

JimOberg
Apollo-9's moon mission?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Uh, yeah.

edit on 27-10-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

Pretty sure I saw "moon mission" too... before the correction.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Arken

draknoir2

Arken

JimOberg
Apollo-9's moon mission?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Well, I think Jim Oberg was being intentionally obtuse when he claimed that Apollo 9 was not a "Moon" mission.

It could be argued that Apollo 9 wasn't really a "Moon mission", because the entire Apollo 9 mission was done in low Earth orbit. I beleive that's what Jim's point was -- i.e., the mission never left earth orbit, so it wasn't a Moon mission.

HOWEVER, it was a mission that was critical to future Apollo "Moon" missions (missions that actually went top the Moon). In that respect, it was part of the Apollo Moon program, even though Apollo 9 never went anywhere near the Moon.

I think Jim was just trying to hard to trip up someone on the semantics of it

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Point is, there are millions of photos taken from Earth, even most of them a little closer to the moon than Apollo-9' view. Any of them are as good a view as this mission got, so why present it as it were a superior data source?

We understand well???

Which kind of comment is this?
Insane....

So: I have a dog called Hugo and I shoot a photo with a flower in his mouth. Tender!

And you Mr. PEOS say: "why that photo if you have hundreds of Hugo's photos?"

For the FLOWER in his mouth! Mr. JimOberg!
For the FLOWER in his mouth........

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Arken

draknoir2

Arken

JimOberg
Apollo-9's moon mission?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Well, I think Jim Oberg was being intentionally obtuse when he claimed that Apollo 9 was not a "Moon" mission.

It could be argued that Apollo 9 wasn't really a "Moon mission", because the entire Apollo 9 mission was done in low Earth orbit. I beleive that's what Jim's point was -- i.e., the mission never left earth orbit, so it wasn't a Moon mission. HOWEVER, it was a mission that was critical to future Apollo "Moon" missions (missions that actually went top the Moon). In that respect, it was part of the Apollo Moon program.

I think Jim was just trying to hard to trip up someone on the semantics of it

Frankly I don't understand.

The question IS NOT If the Apollo 9 is landed or not on the Moon.

The question are "Three Anomalies", like Gigantic Cilindrical Objects, that cast their own shadow, right in front of the Moon, on a photo, accidentally shoot by Apollo 9 crew.
edit on 28-10-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Arken

Point is, there are millions of photos taken from Earth, even most of them a little closer to the moon than Apollo-9' view. Any of them are as good a view as this mission got, so why present it as it were a superior data source?

We understand well???

Insane....

So: I have a dog called Hugo and I shoot a photo with a flower in his mouth. Tender!

What's "PEOS"?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

draknoir2

Arken

We understand well???

Insane....

What's "PEOS"?

Acronym of Presumed Expert Of Something....

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

That's the funniest thing I've read on here for some time Arken

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thx gortex.

Sometime irony is the sharpest weapon...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

JimOberg
Apollo-9's moon mission?

I don't think he mentioned 'Apollo 9 MOON Mission anywhere, did he? Or I must be missing something here!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

gortexThat's the funniest thing I've read on here for some time Arken

I quite like that myself!
Anyway, for the thread, most of the usual explanations don't seem to quite fit. My guess is that it is something in reprocessing.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The moon appears to be asleep.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Soylent Green Is People
That was important to my theory about the lines being the crosshairs of the sextant (i.e., maybe the image was take with the lens of the camera pointed against the eyepeice of the sextant). The sextant has a double-horizontal crosshair (like the double horizontal line of the OPs image) while the normal crosshairs seen on many of the Apollo images only have one horizontal per crosshair.

Perhaps you missed my speculation about your sextant theory from the previous page-

Soylent Green Is People
I wish I could find an actual picture of the Command Module's sextant/telescope. All I could find online was this recreation of it (this is an illustration -- NOT a real picture of the sextant). That being said, in this illustration of the sextant, you can see the crosshairs I am talking about:

I think maybe the astronaut held the camera up to the sextant eyepiece.

ExquisitExamplE

Soylent Green Is People
I wish I could find an actual picture of the Command Module's sextant/telescope. All I could find online was this recreation of it (this is an illustration -- NOT a real picture of the sextant). That being said, in this illustration of the sextant, you can see the crosshairs I am talking about:

Image Source: www.geocities.jp...

I think maybe the astronaut held the camera up to the sextant eyepiece.

edit on 10/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

If this were the case and the lines we are seeing are part of the sextant crosshair, wouldn't the line on the left be notched at regular intervals like the left crosshair line in the illustration? All three lines seem fairly uniform; if what you're positing is correct, I'd expect to see a marked difference between the line on the left and the other two.

Personally, if I look closely, I can see lighter tones near the upper edges of the lines that would indicate to me some sort of curvature and depth, similar to what's seen in this picture-

Airplane at Night Picture

It helps if you look at the high res photo here- (Thanks for the link Soylent!)

Apollo 9 AS09-23-3500 High Resolution

That said, it is a very old picture and it does take a fair degree of imagination to visualize the curvature I'm talking about. That's not to say it's a fantasy, only that I can also definitely see the angle and point-of-view our left-brained friends. Of course, I do realize that the whole left-brain right-brain thing is a seriously flawed concept, but it makes for an easy descriptor.

Doesn't that stand to reason?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join