It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 9: Gigantic Cilindrical Objects caught in front of the Moon...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Urantia1111

its already been established that the image in question is a genuine Apollo 9 photo. Zaphod admits as much, then changes his plan of attack trying to debunk this. everything is scratches and camera issues. i think it may hurt his feelings if anything more advanced than a jet aircraft were to show up somewhere.

Point is, there are millions of photos taken from Earth, even most of them a little closer to the moon than Apollo-9' view. Any of them are as good a view as this mission got, so why present it as it were a superior data source?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

CosmicDude
It´s just moon worms

I think I see Maud dib on the one in front...The Archons are done!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

cheesy
If it L shape then we are screw..
Very interesting Sir..
Hope someone can explain it..it very Huge!
SnF

Can you explain why we are screwed, if it is L shaped?

I do not understand the reasoning. What connections, specifically, are you implying?

# 75

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Serious question: Why do people post videos of a photograph?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

TheWhiteKnight

cheesy
Very interesting Sir..
SnF

I do not understand the reasoning. What connections, specifically, are you implying?

# 75

I think he's referring to a thread from a few days ago. An insider was saying that a giant L shaped space craft had recently arrived into our solar system and parked behind the moon...Tried to search it for you but couldn't find it. Not sure about the we are screwed part..

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

if all you (and Zaphod for that matter) are saying is that they COULD be scratches, that's fine. i"ll agree with that. the image is old and grainy etc, etc. however, we all know that all too often people will come to a thread like this and STATE UNEQUIVOCALLY that something IS scratches (or bugs or lanterns or...), period/thread closed. cruise the ufo forum and you'll see it in damned near every thread. im saying they COULD be spaceships. no matter how "unlikely" you make consider it, it IS a possibility.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

JimOberg

Urantia1111

its already been established that the image in question is a genuine Apollo 9 photo. Zaphod admits as much, then changes his plan of attack trying to debunk this. everything is scratches and camera issues. i think it may hurt his feelings if anything more advanced than a jet aircraft were to show up somewhere.

Point is, there are millions of photos taken from Earth, even most of them a little closer to the moon than Apollo-9' view. Any of them are as good a view as this mission got, so why present it as it were a superior data source?

because, Jim, this one has something extra. lets not be deliberately obtuse. nobody is saying that these objects are in EVERY photograph of the moon. just this one.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Urantia1111

if all you (and Zaphod for that matter) are saying is that they COULD be scratches, that's fine. i"ll agree with that. the image is old and grainy etc, etc. however, we all know that all too often people will come to a thread like this and STATE UNEQUIVOCALLY that something IS scratches (or bugs or lanterns or...), period/thread closed. cruise the ufo forum and you'll see it in damned near every thread. im saying they COULD be spaceships. no matter how "unlikely" you make consider it, it IS a possibility.

Personally, I think it could be a picture taken through the sextant/telescope on the CM (holding the Hasselblad camera up to the eyepiece of the sextant or telescope and snapping the image). The lines are maybe the crosshairs of the sextant/telescope.

Again, as I said in my post that you replied to, I suppose it could be some giant cylindrical object out by the Moon, but I gave specific reasons why I think it could be a picture taken through the sextant/telescope (and the "object" is simply the crosshairs of the sextent/telescope). If you believe it could be a giant cylindrical object out near the moon, then what are your specific reason for thinking this? What makes these lines look like a giant cylindrical object?

I suppose what I'm saying is that I tried to give some logical reasoning behind why I think it could be the crosshairs in the sextant. I pointed out I thought was a crosshair, and I explained why the horizontal component was more visible than the vertical (due to horizontal blur). I also showed an illustration of the sextant crosshairs. My reasoning also attempts to explain why the Moon looked magnified (it was too big in that image to be taken from Earth's orbit with a normal camera)...

...What specific reason do you have for it being a giant cylindrical object besides saying "well, it's possible that's what it is".

edit on 10/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

giant cylindrical objects, when viewed from a great distance, will appear as lines. is that what you're asking? i do think you have a fine idea there about the cross hairs, no argument, but barring something on the photographic equipment or artifact in processing what would you think they are? more germane a question is: why do you insist it's anything BUT spaceships?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Urantia1111

giant cylindrical objects, when viewed from a great distance, will appear as lines. is that what you're asking? i do think you have a fine idea there about the cross hairs, no argument, but barring something on the photographic equipment or artifact in processing what would you think they are? more germane a question is: why do you insist it's anything BUT spaceships?

I'm not insisting. I said in all of my posts that "it could be a spaceship".

I'm just pointing out that I personally see more evidence telling me that it is the sextant/telescope crosshairs than I do for it being a spaceship. Frankly, even though it "could" be a spaceship, I haven't seen any evidence that it is.

The fact that I see a blurred vertical component of the crosshair in the OP's image makes me think it is more likely the crosshairs of the sextant -- especially since the illustration of the sextant crosshair showed the double horizontal line seen in the image.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
I wish I could find an actual picture of the Command Module's sextant/telescope. All I could find online was this recreation of it (this is an illustration -- NOT a real picture of the sextant). That being said, in this illustration of the sextant, you can see the crosshairs I am talking about:

Image Source: www.geocities.jp...

I think maybe the astronaut held the camera up to the sextant eyepiece.

But why would Apollo astronauts use the expensive Hasselblad camera by putting it right up to the sextant telescope when you know that the Command Module has 5 windows?

The CM had five windows. The two side windows measured 13 inches (330 mm) square next to the left and right-hand couches. Two forward-facing triangular rendezvous windows measured 8 by 13 inches (204 by 330 mm), used to aid in rendezvous and docking with the LM. The circular hatch window was 10 5/8 in. diameter (27 cm) and was directly over the center couch. Each window assembly consisted of three thick panes of glass. The inner two panes, which were made of aluminosilicate, made up part of the module's pressure vessel. The fused silica outer pane served as both a debris shield and as part of the heat shield. Each pane had an anti-reflective coating and a blue-red reflective coating on the inner surface. Source wiki

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
But why would Apollo astronauts use the expensive Hasselblad camera by putting it right up to the sextant telescope when you know that the Command Module has 5 windows?

One eyepiece is of the sextant/telescope is telescopic.

That's why the Moon looked so big in that image. The Moon should look smaller than that from low Earth orbit without using some sort of magnification -- magnification that could have been provided by the scanning telescope eyepiece of the sextant/telescope.

besides, I think an astronaut SHOULD try to snap a picture through the sextant/telescope to see how it turns out. Why not? I know I would probably do so.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Maybe because unlike the windows, a sextant has a small telescope in it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

and what other sort of "spaceship evidence" would you expect to have? i mean, you have a photograph of them provided in the OP. it would seem to me that you have equal evidence for sextant cross hairs and for spaceships. the same evidence, in fact. one photograph. i guess my point is that you (and others) have a persistent bias toward the prosaic explanation that isn't necessarily supported by the totality of the evidence.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Tucket

TheWhiteKnight

cheesy
Very interesting Sir..
SnF

# 75

I think he's referring to a thread from a few days ago. An insider was saying that a giant L shaped space craft had recently arrived into our solar system and parked behind the moon...Tried to search it for you but couldn't find it. Not sure about the we are screwed part..

Yes, but more importantly that claim suggested there were an armada of L-shaped and cubic structures behind the moon in 2013.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Urantia1111

and what other sort of "spaceship evidence" would you expect to have? i mean, you have a photograph of them provided in the OP. it would seem to me that you have equal evidence for sextant cross hairs and for spaceships. the same evidence, in fact. one photograph. i guess my point is that you (and others) have a persistent bias toward the prosaic explanation that isn't necessarily supported by the totality of the evidence.

It's not a bias. It's called an investigation.

The evidence for those lines on that image being a spaceship is "Well, prove that it isn't". I can't prove that it isn't, so the spaceship explanation is still on the table. Sure -- it could be a spaceship.

However, with the lack of any corroborating evidence that a couple of lines on an old image really is a spaceship, we need to start seeing what else it could be. Stopping at "spaceship" (or any single "first blush" explanation) would not be doing our due diligence.

As I said, I noticed on that image that I can see what looks like the vertical lines of what could be a crosshair -- not just the horizontal lines the OP is calling a cylindrical object in space. If people agree that the vertical lines are there, then it isn't a cylindrical object in space anymore -- it is something else, and that something else could be the crosshairs of the sextant/telescope.

If the blurred vertical lines of the crosshairs are actually there as I pointed out (with arrows) in a previous post, do you still think its is more likely a spaceship than the crosshairs?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

no, i don't to be honest. i do see some faint lines perpendicular to the clearer ones. yours does seem to be the best explanation so far. what would seal the deal would be to see other examples of moon photos taken through a sextant at this range.

ETA in absence of the very faint vertical lines, i would say the two explanations are equally likely to be the correct one. what would you say in that case?
edit on 27-10-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Urantia1111

JimOberg

Urantia1111

because, Jim, this one has something extra. lets not be deliberately obtuse. nobody is saying that these objects are in EVERY photograph of the moon. just this one.

I'm asking, of ALL the photos taken of the moon THAT day, all the people watching it through backyard telescopes, how come NONE recalled or recorded the same thing that this photo is supposed to show? My argument is that the Apollo-9 view from Low Earth Orbit had no better view -- and probably not as good a view -- as others AT THE SAME TIME, none of which noticed anything. How can this one photo show something nobody else at the same time, saw?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

freelance_zenarchist
Serious question: Why do people post videos of a photograph?

Because videos are the best way of trying to force an idea into someone. Just showing a photo is not as suggestive.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join