It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY interesting Houseguest.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wonderful story. Even the peskiest animals I enjoy having invade every once in a while.
My only coyote encounter happened while I was camping/hunting with my dad. I saw a coyote across a clearing while I was looking for squirrels.
That night I slept in my one man tent with my pack next to the door. When I got up the next morning my pack was gone. I knew immediately who had taken it but I couldn't think of any reason why since I thought there was no food in it.
I scanned the area to see where I would drag my pack if I were a coyote - the closest place where I could not be seen at. I walked across the clearing and over a slight rise and bingo! There was my pack only it has a new hole chewed in it where I had mistakenly left a piece of venison jerky.
That coyote taught me a lesson I won't ever forget and though it cost me $150 to replace the pack I wouldn't trade the experience or the story for anything.

Cheers,
ATA

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

S&F I did read your story too. I liked how you handled the situation and I also live around coyotes, foxes, rabbits, racoons, armadillos, skunks, snakes, deer, etc.

So, I paid special attention to your thread as well. Coyotes love fruit as I've learned. I have figs and muscadines and pears, so , I'm sure they are around. Eating left over dog food for sure at night.

But, you did the right thing. I applaud you too. Thank you.

edit on 5-11-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Trying to edit. ATS not working right. oh well.

edit on 5-11-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join