CNN's Carol Costello: Obama's People Are 'Nasty'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Right now I can't stop chuckling. More and more the news folks are awakening. This time it was a CNN reporter. Remember how in the past we would never hear such a thing? Visit the article to read even more gossip about the president and the media.

"President Obama’s people can be quite nasty. They don’t like you to say anything bad about their boss, and they’re not afraid to use whatever means they have at hand to stop you from doing that, including threatening your job," she said.

Only weeks ago, the Washington Post published a long piece calling the Obama administration the "most closed, control-freak administration" ever seen. The piece went on to paint Barack Obama's White House as being presided over by a paranoid, secretive, even vindictive president and said that journalists have become afraid of their own shadows for fear that Obama is spying on them.

Back in February, veteran journalist Bob Woodward claimed he was threatened by a White House official when he wrote a piece that Obama's team did not like. Woodward was attacked by a long list of the usual D.C. media suspects for making the revelation.

CNN's Carol Costello: Obama's People Are 'Nasty'
edit on 26-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think many people are beginning to see that the democratic love-fest is ending and as rats aboard a sinking ship will do, they are trying to save themselves.

Reputations in this case.

The mid-terms are going to be quite telling about how the democratic views are taken and I think many people are now moving as close to the center as they can just to cover their own butts.

If the democrats win they can jump on the bandwagon again but if the republicans have another huge sweep like 2010 they can claim they did not support the left as much as people think they did.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well, I do believe what this woman says is true about the overpowering Obama administration. That is what happens when someone gets elected to a second term sometimes. It isn't really unusual, Clinton was just as bad as were some other presidents administrations. They cannot see what they are doing wrong. They think everyone else is wrong. When they see statistics that favor them above fifty percent, they go crazy and shove their way down everyones throat.

Nothing new about this

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Agreed. However, far right wing Republicans better tone it down or they don't stand a chance.

We are all waking up and not holding a party line so sacred. Independents outnumber Dems and Repubs. They are the ones who will make the difference going forward. I proudly count myself one of the Independent tribe.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
They should go ask Hasting's or Breitbart's or Clancy's widows how nasty they can be.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

liveandlearn

Agreed. However, far right wing Republicans better tone it down or they don't stand a chance.

We are all waking up and not holding a party line so sacred. Independents outnumber Dems and Repubs. They are the ones who will make the difference going forward. I proudly count myself one of the Independent tribe.

I would disagree with that for the following reason.

The far-right people are presenting a very, very clear alternative to what the democrats are offering. The moderate republicans do not look that much different than the democrats and seem to have a willingness to cave in on major issues. This may not bode well for them if things like the ACA become hugely divisive.

If people get really upset with this program they will be specifically voting for people who will change or get rid of it. This will hurt moderates greatly.

It all depends on how tired people are of democratic rule. This group will largely be determined by those that identify as independent.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Spookybelle

liveandlearn

The far-right people are presenting a very, very clear alternative to what the democrats are offering. The moderate republicans do not look that much different than the democrats and seem to have a willingness to cave in on major issues. This may not bode well for them if things like the ACA become hugely divisive.

If people get really upset with this program they will be specifically voting for people who will change or get rid of it. This will hurt moderates greatly.

It all depends on how tired people are of democratic rule. This group will largely be determined by those that identify as independent.

I semi understand your reasoning Spookybelle. May I suggest that swinging to the far right is as bad as the far left. These people are hardliners unwilling to negotiate. People are turning independent because they see good and bad on both sides.

The tea party has gotten a bad wrap in the media as they people who embrace are far right on social issues. The tea party isn't nor ever was about social issues, only smaller government. Polling show tea party ratings very low...this does not bid well for a far right wing republican.

As for the ACA, myself, I see it as a terrible plan as it is written. But I do see a need for affordable insurance.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I was rushing out the door when I posted this. But did any of you catch this in the same article? They said that VP Biden's staff locked a journalist in a closet to prevent them from reporting the events at a dinner?

reply to post by liveandlearn

Party should not matter, folks need to vote for the person you would most trust with your life and liberty.
edit on 26-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

liveandlearn

Spookybelle

liveandlearn

I semi understand your reasoning Spookybelle. May I suggest that swinging to the far right is as bad as the far left. These people are hardliners unwilling to negotiate. People are turning independent because they see good and bad on both sides.

The tea party has gotten a bad wrap in the media as they people who embrace are far right on social issues. The tea party isn't nor ever was about social issues, only smaller government. Polling show tea party ratings very low...this does not bid well for a far right wing republican.

As for the ACA, myself, I see it as a terrible plan as it is written. But I do see a need for affordable insurance.

Well as a Tea Party person I have to agree that we are all over the place on social issues and it is only the fiscal conservatism which is the common link to those that identify with this group. As for low ratings that is a response given during polling which may end up being different in the polling booth.

Remember that pretty much everyone that voted them in during the 2010 mid-terms is likely to vote that way again so the democrats will have to have a large turn-out to overcome that. Perhaps the media hit will have a large affect however and many will go more moderate this time and that is always a possibility.

Its really an unknown at this point but from a political science perspective I am eagerly awaiting the results, no matter what they are. Something like this hasn't really happened in US politics before unless you go back to the Whig party and when they started to lose support.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The bloom is coming off the Obama rose.

It now smells* like it should.

(*poo)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Get outta town!! Do you happen to have a link? I believe it, but s'better to have the documentation than not. Plus, it sounds like a hell of a read.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You want to hear some really hilarious news? Check this out:

Oprah Slams Obama: "An Immediate, Flat-out, Unequivocal No"

Like many Americans, Oprah was ready to put her reputation and wealth behind Barack Obama, expecting that his message of hope and change would finally put America on the road to liberty, equality and prosperity. She was so emphatic and emotional about the possibility of him being the leader of the free world that she reportedly cried her eye lashes off at the Democratic National Convention. She wasn’t the only one. People all over the country were fainting in his very presence (and apparently still are).

But like much of the country, Oprah isn’t singing Obama’s praises any more.

It seems she has realized what opponents of the President’s policies have known all along.

Barack Obama isn’t just more of the same, he’s much, much worse.

[...]

But apparently Oprah, like the rest of us, got the shaft once Obama took power.

Oprah intended to make her unique White House access a part of her new network,’ an unidentified source told Klein.

‘There were big plans, and a team was put together to come up with proposals that would have been mutually beneficial.

‘But none of that ever happened. Oprah sent notes and a rep to talk to Valerie Jarrett, but nothing came of it. It slowly dawned on Oprah that the Obamas had absolutely no intention of keeping their word and bringing her into their confidence.’

I laughed myself sick....
edit on 10/26/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Do you know why Oprah got the shaft from Obama, thus why she said no? The wifey doesn't like Oprah and was jealous of her

Oprah was too close to the president . . . Oprah was acting like she was the first lady . . . Oprah didn't know her place . . . Oprah was a bad influence . . . Valerie advised Michelle to "distance herself" from Oprah and cut her out of the White House inner circle.

Michelle is very jealous, I would say unusually so. Most people after years of marriage have trust and don't follow their husbands around and check on them. Michelle doesn't seem to trust Barack at all. She insists on knowing his every movement and drops in on him at all kinds of odd times. It's been the buzz of the White House. Oprah has gossiped about it and giggled about how obsessive Michelle is.

Great Moments From the Michelle Obama-Oprah Feud That Never Was

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Oh god. It just gets better all the time....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Is this the first soap opera that fits into the horror story genre?

Its all just a sick joke.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Party should not matter, folks need to vote for the person you would most trust with your life and liberty.

I agree on this and particularly with regard to Obama. Even Democrats are coming to openly turn from the man, and I mean Politician types. I heard average people I know as dedicated democrats cussing him months ago, at least.

Bush pulled a whammy on conservatives in his second term by going nutty on everyone with bailouts and B.S...

Obama has gone right off the deep end in HIS second term too. I suppose Clinton was okay, but then, he was very very different from both of the above in too many ways to count. Not least of which, considering Americans happiness something to measure success by, not failure.

Maybe the solution is to make Presidents a 1 term limit so reelection flat out doesn't come into it while that particular office holder is wielding the power.

As far as Party though? Obama is about as Democrat as Nixon was Republican by the end of things. They've both come to have their own party wishing they just hadn't shown up for work at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yep, weve finally had enough Obamanation.....
Anyone ready for another Bush?
bet thats what yall get next time.......
i said it here on ATS

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

To begin with, while MSNBC has become Obama's personal puppet and Fox News has become plagued by a legitimate right-wing conspiracy to spread disinformation started by the Koch Brothers,

CNN has purposefully moved to a non-biased position. Anderson Cooper even has a show on CNN where the main idea behind his show is to get a panel of people from all different backgrounds to discuss issues without bias. I watched that show the night we were thinking of attacking Syria.

So, about the Obama Administration. It is highly likely that they assassinated Michael Hastings. It is highly likely that they were involved in shutting down The Guardian in order to cover their tracks.

Before the Snowden leaks, The Obama Administration had illegally obtained Associated Press records in order to track down and eliminate the leak involving the N.S.A. surveillance.

If you look at how Obama's followers have been acting since he was elected in 2008, they have become very hostile towards anyone with a different viewpoint, even if that viewpoint has evidence attached with it.

----------

Two of the biggest mistakes The Obama Administration made were going after the A.P. records and assassinating Michael Hastings. Another one was their involvement in harassing The Guardian. When the press feel threatened, they will dig deeper into various other scandals involving Obama, while before these events, they loved him.

I have already heard that the N.S.A. has been investigating Obama since before he was in the primaries in 2008, I have good reason to believe that he has been involved in some kind of conspiracy that is outside the normal workings of the Western banker cartel.

However, because of the events leading up to his Presidency and during the Primaries, he has to have some kind of gigantic support system that is not usually involved in Western politics, or else he would not have been able to defeat Hillary Clinton in the primaries, or even get to the primaries.

The closest organization I can think of that Obama could be involved in would be some sort of Eastern Chinese / Middle Eastern conglomerate resembling the White Dragon Society.

----------

I'm not entirely convinced that his ideas would not, in fact, change the world and make it a better place. But there is more going on than meets the eye here, I think. In any case, there seems to have been a power play involved here that might have ended up on rather shaky grounds.

----------

Tactically, I think Obama had a great idea and plan in order to get him into office and accomplish all of his goals, however, 8 years is a really long time, and even the best laid plans could start to fall apart before then, especially if there was corruption involved, it would take an exit strategy that I actually believe might be out of the skill set of him and his advisers to accomplish.

Which is saying something, because when he was in the primaries and my mom was telling me that he wouldn't be able to win, I laughed and told her that he was not someone to be messed with, that he was a lot more powerful than she thought.
edit on 27-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Obama administration is definitely hunkering down into a 'Bunker' mentality. Since the 1940's, 'bunkers' seem to be where a lot of corrupt dictators spend their final days.
edit on 27-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think people like her is just mad because Obama isn't as left in public view as they would like him to be. They're all a bunch of parasites, including the right like Glen Beck & Sean Hannity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join