It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane To Batter Britain.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hurricane is in set to batter Britain on late sunday to early monday morning.

Here is the news Article.

Hurricane to hit Britain

This will be my first Hurricane so i am not sure how damaging the 80 mph winds are capable of. I am just hoping it won't rip off my roof.

Hope you all UK''ers are prepared because i'm not!

Anything to worry about?
edit on 26-10-2013 by BloodSister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodSister

It's going to be very windy with heavy rain.....it's not going to be a hurricane.....we'll be fine.

And there's a dozen threads on this already.
edit on 26/10/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

link   

Do what they tell you. Don't be a looky loo. Stay safe.

Living in Florida, I've experienced several of them.

link   
sorry but this has already been posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Blimey its a bit of rain and some wind...we have seen this before many times and the press are acting like its the end of days.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Actually anything over 74 mph is classed as a ''Hurricane''

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Sorry I didn't see the others, considering someone has already mentioned it to me, it was pretty poinltess you mentioning it to me aswell

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Well i havn't. Not everyone has i was born after the last one.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Actually anything over 74 mph is classed as a ''Hurricane''

No it's not.....sustained winds of over 74 mph is classified as a hurricane, we are due gusts of around 80 mph.....not sustained.

It's actually quite common to get severe gusts in the UK well in excess of 74 mph.....it's very rare we get a hurricane.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

BloodSister
reply to post by sparky31

Sorry I didn't see the others, considering someone has already mentioned it to me, it was pretty poinltess you mentioning it to me aswell
no ones mentioned to you on this post before me so if you already knew about it then why post it again?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hop in a TARDIS

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
when is the last time the British Isles??,,had a Hurricane?
i dont think anyone has mentioned it,,they,,the U.K,,seem,,looking forward?,,maybe just British,,pluck,,

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

BloodSister

Anything to worry about?

Have you ever been on a motorbike doing 80mph?

Dont be frightened, enjoy it!

If its just gusts then not much to worry about, however if we get sustained 80mph winds then it gets interesting

When we had the 87 hurricane we had sustained winds, it was cool, everything that wasnt bolted down was flying horizontally down the streets! I watched everything from dustbins and garden sheds and fences all shooting past my window, then we watched all the tiles on the rooftops being stripped of row by row

Like I said, dont worry about it, and there's nothing you can do about it, so just enjoy natures show.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Kite sales have soared by 3000% just in time for this nice bit of wind.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

,,can u get Kite insurance?.,,,better yet,,,last Kite Flying,, win's

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
if the other three threads didnt make it clear, this one does.

tie down your lawn furnature, this could get breezy!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

VoidHawk

BloodSister

Anything to worry about?

If its just gusts then not much to worry about, however if we get sustained 80mph winds then it gets interesting

When we had the 87 hurricane we had sustained winds, it was cool, everything that wasnt bolted down was flying horizontally down the streets! I watched everything from dustbins and garden sheds and fences all shooting past my window, then we watched all the tiles on the rooftops being stripped of row by row

Like I said, dont worry about it, and there's nothing you can do about it, so just enjoy natures show.

Or HAARP's destruction..who knows.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Damn, I live in the North West, and we are only going to receive side-swipes. Still, it's not forecast to be as big or as destructive as '87, the one Michael Fish said didn't exist. Was hoping it would hit London squarely and with full natural sustained force at high tide, but I doubt it will.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Xamonymous

VoidHawk

BloodSister

Anything to worry about?

Or HAARP's destruction..who knows.

I just knew there had to be a conspiracy angle to this!
If it is HAARP I wish they'd do it a bit more often

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

elysiumfire
Damn, I live in the North West, and we are only going to receive side-swipes. Still, it's not forecast to be as big or as destructive as '87, the one Michael Fish said didn't exist. Was hoping it would hit London squarely and with full natural sustained force at high tide, but I doubt it will.

I'm just on the other side of a sea wall made of loose shingle!! A high tide and strong winds just might be enough to break through. Last time it happened was about 1962.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join