It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I usually watch 'American Guns' and 'Sons of Guns' on Sky TV here in the UK but recently, we seem to be getting re-runs of earlier shows.

Then I read that both the companies involved were shut down by federal agencies following irregularities with record keeping and missing weapons.

Can anybody across the pond shed any light on the subject for me. Thanx in advance.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by luxbaclos1

Apparently...

According to TMZ.com, during a routine inspection by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) in 2009, Red Jacket could not account for ten registered guns. In a settlement, William Hayden and Stephanie Hayden surrendered their gun-making licenses and were allowed to choose a licensed individual to control Red Jacket. Initially, that person was Vincent Buckles, but Buckles has left the company and now two other individuals control the company.[12]

In a WBRZ article, Attorney Craig Davidson, Jr., said that 10 guns did not go missing from the shop. Instead, one or two guns were stolen during 2001–2008.
---
Davidson claimed the rest of the missing guns were receivers that were thrown away or destroyed when gunsmiths made mistakes. Although Davidson characterized the lost weapons as "simple bookkeeping errors", the ATF requires serial numbered parts to be tracked. Will and Stephanie Hayden did not keep track, so, according to Davidson, Hayden and the ATF mutually agreed to shut down Red Jacket, Inc. The WBRZ article is silent about Will and Stephanie Hayden surrendering any federal firearms licenses.[13]

That seems like older information about that incident (there are others). But I get the receivers vs guns missing thing. Fed in this country tracks serial numbers, not the whole firearm. The receiver is where the serial number is stamped. These guys manufacture firearms so they would purchase receivers to start with. The "throwed it away" part I'm not legally familiar with.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well I got fed up paying a small fortune to Sky for repeats and except for the odd series that I can easily download for free, I told them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Had to wait until my contract ran out and when I phoned them, I said I am not interested in your offers or anything and to get rid of it.
I did keep my broadband from them because it is fast but that's about it.
I am using a Freesat box with 1tb hard drive that records and has itv, ch5, 4OD, BBC and YouTube on it as well so don't miss it one bit. Best thing I ever done and I'm saving money as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

you can view them on sites online im a fan of both shows i dont think there has been any new american guns but there was a series of sons of guns aired in america this year with a gut wrenching end from a fans point of view enough to bring a tear to the eye

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

I love to get a complete series and watch from episode one. One in particular we watched was Breaking Bad. From episode one to the end but had to wait a week for episodes near the end which we looked forward to.
Most of what we watch are American shows....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

have you seen the following thats my favorite show at the moment i also really enjoyed breaking bad i only ever really wath shows online through either watchseries or primewire

new topics

top topics

join