It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Krugman | The World According to the GOP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If a person still believe that most CEOs are honest, intelligent, hard working men then I suggest that person missed the last 20 years of this world. Why listen or believe in their words.
edit on 10/27/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

projectvxn
reply to post by FyreByrd

As the Taliban wing of the economic profession got more and more stronghold of standard macro, I think that many reasonable people and students) simply retreated into safer territory where the question were smaller and well defined and lots of data.

When this is the kind of diatribe we see coming from him my opinion of his intellectual integrity diminishes.

Krugman spent the better part of the last 6 years telling the country that we should be spending twice as much to get the economy going. That we should be racking up even more debt. And that anyone who questions the validity of his statements is part of the "Taliban wing" of the economic profession.

He's the guy that says deficits don't matter, debt is an irrelevant metric by which to measure the health of an economy, and that we should have given even more money to the financial sector and all the irresponsible people that busted during the housing collapse.

He's a loon.

He was actually quoting another writer. It's difficult to tell from the ATS quote but in the original it's very clear. If you read the text again, you will see that he didn't use the term 'taliban economists'.

However, IMO the term is appropriate, if degrogatory, when being a euphemism for "My way is the only way and YOU SHALL OBEY or die" kind of fundamentalism in any context.

And yes he is in favor of stimulating the economy rather then starving it. As he says, the debt is not the central issue, employment and revenues are!!!

Stop believing the DEBT myth. Or, better yet, learn the facts. Two types of economics, Macro and Micro and you cannot compare the two. Two different scopes of influence. You cannot equate Governement Debt (MACRO) with personal debt (MICRO).
edit on 27-10-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

this just sounded too emotional and vapid.

Are you seriously disputing that the GOP wants to cut social programs?

There's nothing emotional about that, it's indisputable fact.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I would look to Krugman (an economist) for insight on the economy, not politics. His commentary in this article mostly dealt with ancillary distraction. Of course, according to FyreByrd I am not entitled to this opinion as any opinion besides the one presented in the OP is pure rubbish.

With regards to the Republicans dismantling our social safety net, we would have to agree we actually have a social safety net. I don't believe that. If we agree we have one, it is pretty pathetic. Unless of course you are a bank.

I blame neither party for this situation as we only have on party, the DC profiteers, and I don't even blame them. I blame those Americans too easily bedazzled with reality show politics (R vs D) to execute their responsibility as citizens.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

!#%^ Paul Krugman.

Krugman is the biggest liar, hypocrite and piece of @$!% that ever graced the field of Economics. He's considered a caricature, a joke, a fraud by many economist (perhaps most) except the ultra-Keynesian and those who believe there's an actual political bias in economics. I think he's scum, most of what he says is a bald faced lie, and one of the greatest frauds to rise out of this field in a long, long time. The ONLY reason he is relevant is his insistent political rantings (that often, economically, make no sense what so ever). If it were just economics, he'd simply be the laughingstock that helped create the greatest economic disaster of all time, then a few years later try and say he saw it coming.

Krugmans greatest accomplishment is New Trade Theory, an economic model that perpetuated Globalization, Free Trade, and the eventual demise of Western economies. But awesome for corporate profits.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join