It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Police Leak FEMA Gun Confiscation Plan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Most of the comments in the video reveal things are no where as bad as the media portays.

There is something that every one is ignoring. The de-stablizing of the US (and EU) energy grids. Nothing like repeated power outages and black outs with no end in sight to tic everyone in the cities off ESPECIALLY when the price sky rockets too.

The EPA and Department of Energy drastically underestimated the effects of the new EPA rulings. Many more plants are closing than anticipated. This means electricity prices will sky rocket and the electric grid could become unstable. New Regulations to Take 34 GW of Electricity Generation Offline and the Plant Closing Announcements Keep Coming… According to EPA, .... these regulations will only shutter 9.5 GW of electricity generation capacity. Looks like the Government miscalculated... Are we surprised?

So what about the "Green Energy companies" funded with tax payer dollars that are supposed to replace these coal fired plants? They are going bankrupt. So far, [thats] 34 companies. I guess the government miscalculated. AGAIN.

A power systems engineer commented:

“Letting non-professionals get involved in the power grid is like giving the keys to the family car and a bottle of whiskey to a 14 year old boy and his pals. If the renewables were viable, we’d adopt them by the train-load and build them so fast your head would spin.”

What the politicians neglect to say is their plan for making this work is to install Smart Meters, an attractive opportunity for Investors. This theoretically allows residential electricity to be turned off so the system can be balanced as wind and solar power surges and declines. Of course with renewables bankrupting, smart meters not installed and coal plants closing at three time the rate expected, this put a real big kink in that plan, so we are looking at rolling blackouts. Heck they have already started.

Energy InSight FAQs

Rolling outages are systematic, temporary interruptions of electrical service. They are the last step in a progressive series of emergency procedures that ERCOT follows when it detects that there is a shortage of power generation within the Texas electric grid. ERCOT will direct electric transmission and distribution utilities, such as CenterPoint Energy, to begin controlled, rolling outages to bring the supply and demand for electricity back into balance.They generally last 15-45 minutes before being rotated to a different neighborhood to spread the effect of the outage among consumers, which would be the case whether outages are coordinated at the circuit level or individual meter level. Without this safety valve, power generating units could overload and begin shutting down and risk causing a domino effect of a statewide, lengthy outage. With smart meters, CenterPoint Energy is proposing to add a process prior to shutting down whole circuits to conduct a mass turn off of individual meters with 200 amps or less (i.e. residential and small commercial consumers) for 15 or 30 minutes, rotating consumers impacted during that outage as well as possible future outages.

There are several benefits to consumers of this proposed process. By isolating non-critical service accounts (“critical” accounts include hospitals, police stations, water treatment facilities etc.) and spreading “load shed” to a wider distribution, critical accounts that happen to share the same circuit with non-critical accounts will be less affected in the event of an emergency. Curtailment of other important public safety devices and services such as traffic signals, police and fire stations, and water pumps and sewer lifts may also be avoided....

Many ordinary people do not realize the implications of electricity cuts/rationing in winter.
Roadmap 2050: EU Plans To Cut Emissions By 80 Percent For the USA it is the 25X25 Resolution and the Energy Act of 2007 under BUSH.
The average energy usage for the USA is 335.9 million BTUs per person. In 1949, U.S. energy use per person was 215 million Btu. and in 1800 energy consumption per person was about 90 million Btu. If the USA reduces its energy consumption by 80% it equals 45.18 million Btu. per person, half what the energy use was in 1800.

IMPLEMENTATION
As Obama Promised, Energy Prices to Soon Skyrocket

Obama’s war on coal hits your electric bill
The market-clearing price for new 2015 capacity – almost all natural gas – was $136 per megawatt. That’s eight times higher than the price for 2012, which was just $16 per megawatt. In the mid-Atlantic area covering New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and DC the new price is $167 per megawatt. For the northern Ohio territory served by FirstEnergy, the price is a shocking $357 per megawatt.... These are not computer models or projections or estimates. These are the actual prices that electric distributors have agreed to pay for new capacity. The costs will be passed on to consumers at the retail level.

In the UK 'Fuel Poverty' is already killing 65 people per day in the winter. Fuel poverty deaths three times higher than government estimates
science paper: Fuel poverty and human health A review of recent evidence

No new conventional power station can be built before 2015, or 2016. Because of planning and red tape, it is completely impossible to build something and have it up and running before then. The only short term option is to recommission mothballed conventionally powered generators.

The winter 2009/10 and 2010/11 ought to have killed stone dead the idea that wind can play a significant role in energy production. During those winters. wind farms were producing only about 3 to 5% of nameplate capacity for about 4 to 6 weeks, just when energy demand was highest. There were occasional days of about 8% of nameplate capacity, but again there were days when it was only 1%. Further, when production is so low, it means that many windfarms were probably drawing energy from the grid just to keep the windmills from mechanical failure (heating oil, keeping the rotors turning, or yaw mechanisms working etc, to stop it from freezing up) This data is not freely available. It may be the case that on days when they were producing say 3% of nameplate capacity, overall the windfarms, on a national basis, drew more energy from the grid than they put in to it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

captaintyinknots
reply to post by Riffrafter

I read that thread, and it was quite interesting.

That said, it doesnt give me any reason to believe this without some sort of corroborating evidence. "They may have leaked it first to get ahead of it" is not conclusive of anything, and does not lend anything to verifying the validity of the video.

If you watch the video without the hyperbole its seems legit. It also reveals that an MP unit in the National Guard has no training or knowlege of how to deal with a disaster that would have the used to stop looting or a riot. As MP in the National Guard that would be a huge part of their mission in the past. Now the Guard has been so geared towards war overseas it has completely dropped the ball on its domestic mission. Clearly none of them have ever been trained or discussed how to handle a martial law situation in the face of natural disater or riot. What is truly scarey here is that it reveals not only is the US not planning on martial law it is completely and totaly unprepared if such a situation arrived even in a single city. I have heard for years that this was problem with the NG and in being no longer prepared for its domestic missions. Next big disaster somebody could be in some real trouble.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

....The rich actually need the common folk to keep their income flowing. And the rich control the US, what would they gain by starting a civil war with the masses?...

First the money has already moved out of the USA. Factories were literally packed up and shipped over seas. The actual unemployment is around 22-23% and increasing since 2009. link Less than 9% of the labor force is in manufacturing (Creating Wealth) compared to 24% in 1970. We are now a nation of Government employees (~ 25%) temperary workers, shop keepers and burger flippers.

What they want is to be rid of the Constitution and the USA as a sovereign nation.

....The reality is that, so far, we have largely failed to articulate a clear and compelling vision of why a new global order matters — and where the world should be headed. Half a century ago, those who designed the post-war system — the United Nations, the Bretton Woods system, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) — were deeply influenced by the shared lessons of history.

All had lived through the chaos of the 1930s — when turning inwards led to economic depression, nationalism and war. All, including the defeated powers, agreed that the road to peace lay with building a new international order — and an approach to international relations that questioned the Westphalian, sacrosanct principle of sovereignty.... www.theglobalist.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

MrSpad

captaintyinknots
reply to post by Riffrafter

I read that thread, and it was quite interesting.

That said, it doesnt give me any reason to believe this without some sort of corroborating evidence. "They may have leaked it first to get ahead of it" is not conclusive of anything, and does not lend anything to verifying the validity of the video.

If you watch the video without the hyperbole its seems legit. It also reveals that an MP unit in the National Guard has no training or knowlege of how to deal with a disaster that would have the used to stop looting or a riot. As MP in the National Guard that would be a huge part of their mission in the past. Now the Guard has been so geared towards war overseas it has completely dropped the ball on its domestic mission. Clearly none of them have ever been trained or discussed how to handle a martial law situation in the face of natural disater or riot. What is truly scarey here is that it reveals not only is the US not planning on martial law it is completely and totaly unprepared if such a situation arrived even in a single city. I have heard for years that this was problem with the NG and in being no longer prepared for its domestic missions. Next big disaster somebody could be in some real trouble.

I agree, if this were to be legit, that what you speak of would be very troubling.

But here's the thing. I do some acting. A decent amount actually. And I have played roles in scenes portraying military "roundtables" and whatnot that, without context, look every bit, if not more, legitimate than this.

Point being, anyone can make a video and claim it to be some secret meeting. WIthout something to back up the claim, its tough to swallow.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sorry, this can be ANYONE having a conversation. Who knows if it is NG personnel, All I see is ACU bottoms and combat boots, could be a militia group for all we know.
Sorry, cant take this as legit or at face value

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

MrSpad
If you watch the video without the hyperbole its seems legit.

Agreed ... even down to the furniture in the video. Seems no doubt the folks in the video are on a military payroll.

MrSpad
It also reveals that an MP unit in the National Guard has no training or knowlege of how to deal with a disaster that would have the used to stop looting or a riot. **-snip-** Now the Guard has been so geared towards war overseas it has completely dropped the ball on its domestic mission. Clearly none of them have ever been trained or discussed how to handle a martial law situation in the face of natural disater or riot.

That's the favorable side of a description of a double-edged sword. If these troops don't understand the full scope of what they're being ordered to do ... they'll mostly follow orders ... blindly even. What ... a whole two out of that group seemed to think there might be something wrong with the scenario? That, folks, is how the military think.

MrSpad
What is truly scarey here is that it reveals not only is the US not planning on martial law it is completely and totaly unprepared if such a situation arrived even in a single city. I have heard for years that this was problem with the NG and in being no longer prepared for its domestic missions.

Therein lies the rub. What they traded off was preparedness for their traditional domestic role in favor of proficiency in suppressing domestic locales ... and they're really REALLY good at it.

I worry more about the last transcribed comments where the Soldier is being ridiculed about clinging to his weapon and the dismissive "We're not gonna get political now." I agree they weren't talking politics ... they were talking about the Bill of Rights ... and how that's right out the window when Martial Law is declared. Those Soldiers were being effectively de-sensitized/de-Americanized so they can better act on their orders when received.

No one has acted against TPTB in any recent neighborhood shutdown. The sheople are just as unprepared to deal with Martial Law, and all the hootin' and hollerin' I hear about taking up arms and holding your ground is quite laughable. I'd estimate any resistance would be about as effective as the French Underground was in WWII ... and who do you think would come to our assistance if TPTB decided to act? Canada? Mexico?

A grudgingly awarded star for you MrSpad.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Scare em all Al Jones.....Need I say anymore?
Why do people not look upon his work like we do sorcha faal???
The logistics alone in a US takeover are astronomical, not to mention other things added in the mix.
This whole subject is a distraction and division point, why don't we work on the things that would really make a difference, like getting cash out of politics, and making it so that corporations do not have the same rights as a human being, and maybe knock down oversized multinational corporate monopolies?
Ole Al is working for them folks, not we the people.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by MysterX

Yeah,
but like I stated,. something large would need to occur, the rich and even the military and local PD still dont add up to enough to quell the masses. specially here in the US though we have some against guns because they have been brainwashed to believe that way,. people will band together when the qualities of their lives are thoroughly threatened. In my location alone, this entire neighborhood is cops, ex-military and pro-NRA and simple good ole boys and women that believe in life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and simply wouldnt stand for a gun confiscation in any form. Also fun to mention a neighborhood of preppers, in all pay brackets as their are million dollar homes everywhere.
I guess I still will find it hard to believe a nation wide Martial law will result in gun confiscation nationally. But I have listened to enough people already say they will join in saying "From my dead cold hands"

And it's those people you talk about that i believe are helping to keep the remnants of the US consitution intact, by actually living the consitution.

BUT..if the Government were serious enough about taking away the 2nd, these patriots would very quickly be labelled terrorists and branded as the cause of al the misery going down.

You know the governemnt, once they feel they have manipulated the thinking of the majority of people to their point of view, they would then bring out the gunships and mow down any citizen holding onto a weapon.

The rest of the people would see exactly what armed resistance would look like, helped out by the MSM constantly showing guncam footage of citizens (terrorists) firing at and then being blown to pieces by gunships, much like the NV guncam footage from Iraq or elsewhere shows. Not wanting to end up the same way, most would take the hint and hand over the guns.

Then the speeches about how much safer America now is, since all the gun crazy terrorists have been rooted out, and how never again would the safety of 'good citizens' be put at risk by widespread citizen gun ownership...etc. etc. etc. and most of the people would swallow it hook, line and sinker.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Further, when production is so low, it means that many windfarms were probably drawing energy from the grid just to keep the windmills from mechanical failure (heating oil, keeping the rotors turning, or yaw mechanisms working etc, to stop it from freezing up)

This only highlights the lack of common sense and vision in this sector, not a failure of green energy itself.

The power requirements you mention are easily solved by the addition of solar panels covering the turbines instead of white paint!

The turbine generates it's own maintenence energy requirements if it was equipped with a cheap PV system sufficient for it's needs.

Simple.

The US has land in abundance, it has arid deserts fantastic for solar farms of one sort or another, the UK has ample coastal energy going begging, just waiting for investment and innovation in tidal energy, as does the US of course.

If taking land for solar irks people, then use the seas and floating solar farms instead..the possibilities are endless..pretty much like the sun and the wind the sun generates are endless, unlike fossil resources.

It's how you do it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

This only highlights the lack of common sense and vision in this sector, not a failure of green energy itself....

What a load of bovine feces.

There is one simple fact that completely kills Alternate Energy and that is ENERGY DENSITY. You are 'Collecting' a small amount of energy over a large area whenever you talk, wind, solar or biofuel. Why in heck do you think wind power and biofuel (wood burning) were abandoned in the first place?

Energy density from wind is 2.2 W/m2 of land cover. It takes 82GW wind to meet the demand in the UK or 82 Gw = 8.2*10^10/2.2 m2 or 37300 square kilometers.

That is nearly twice the surface area of Wales. But the problems doesn’t stop there because wind farms cannot be sited in valleys or on roads or residential areas so you would need to use all exposed spots across Scotland, Wales and the the West Country.

The limitations of ' renewable ' energy And another study Changes in the Economic Value of Variable Generation at High Penetration Levels: A Pilot Case Study of California

The marginal economic value of PV and CSP without thermal storage is found to drop considerably (by more than $70/MWh) as the penetration of solar increases toward 30% on an energy basis. This is due primarily to a steep drop in capacity value followed by a decrease in energy value. In contrast, the value of CSP with thermal storage drops much less dramatically as penetration increases. As a result, at solar penetration levels above 10%, CSP with thermal storage is found to be considerably more valuable relative to PV and CSP without thermal storage. The marginal economic value of wind is found to be largely driven by energy value, and is lower than solar at low penetration.

Texas has a load of solar and wind power generation. The Result?

An organization called the North American Electric Reliability Corporation, which has federal authority to enforce the reliability of the national electrical grid, put Texas on notice last week...

The Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) have been working for two years to remedy looming electricity shortfalls in the state. Insufficient generating capacity could cause rolling brownouts and blackouts across Texas. What’s more, if the power grid here becomes unreliable as peak demand outstrips generating capacity, it could affect the reliability of the whole country’s electrical system.

The CEO of the North American group, known as NERC, wrote last week that not enough has been done to fix the problem. It is “still unclear to us how ERCOT intends to mitigate” the potentially disastrous situation.... Texas Energy Foundation: Short on Electricity

From the same source:

...Texas has installed more wind generation than any other state and all but three other countries....

Texas leads the nation in renewable energy potential and has almost one-third of the nation’s total wind generation capacity,.. link

New Report: Texas Ranks 13th in the Nation for Solar Power

Why are 1/4 of the households in the UK in "fuel Poverty" ? A quarter of households in England and Wales are suffering from fuel poverty following large increases in energy bills, it emerged last night.

Why are old folks in the UK freezing to death? About 2,000 extra deaths were registered in just the first two weeks of March compared with the average for the same period over the past five years. Also see paper: The Raised Incidence of Winter Deaths (Scotland 2002)

Why are industries in Germany rebelling? Germany’s Homemade Energy Crisis Threatens its Industrial Base

Even Uber-green Germany has finally seen the on coming train at the end of the tunnel and has twenty three-new coal-fired power plants under construction in Germany.

German born EU Commissioner for Energy, Günther Oettinger, has just warned in a Bild interview that Germany risks a backlash against high end-user electricity prices as a result of overly munificent subsidies to renewable energy producers, as costs will “run out of control” without a price cap on electricity prices for retail customers and industry.

Sudden fluctuations in Germany’s power grid, and the highest industrial electricity prices in Europe, are already causing major damage to the competitiveness of industrial companies – which are threatening to move production abroad if the government cannot guarantee a stable electricity grid, as Der Spiegel reports.

No wonder that solar power is being called the costliest mistake in the history of German energy policy: Berlin’s Technical University calculates that renewable subsidies will cost $377-billion up to 2030. Three middle-sized textile companies have filed lawsuits against the surcharge for renewable energy (EEG surcharge), claiming it is unconstitutional....

Of course, renewable energy was never going to be able to power a modern economy like Germany. Nor were wind and solar farms going to deliver continuous electricity compared with nuclear and gas-fired power plants. Realizing that renewables have taken them into an economic cul-de-sac some countries, like Canada, are unwinding their subsidized renewable industries.

Germany may not be far behind. Environment minister Peter Altmaier and economy minister Philipp Rösler, have cast doubt whether renewable energy targets are reachable and said their priority is to make sure that electricity prices don’t rise too much.

To keep the lights on, Germany is, for the time being, importing nuclear power from France and the Czech Republic, and building of twenty-three new coal-fired plants.

OH, the IRONY
Coal’s not dying — it’s just getting shipped abroad

The U.S. is burning less and less coal each year, thanks to cheap natural gas and new pollution rules. From a climate perspective, that’s a huge deal — less coal means less carbon. But here’s the catch: if the U.S. just exports its unused coal abroad, the end result could actually be more Carbon Pollution

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
For me the first question is WHY would THEY feel the need to accomplish wholesale disarmament of what demonstrably is a majority law abiding citizenry that under any conceivable emergency would help maintain order.

Generally I have to believe some nefarious unconstitutional action would be attempted and meant to be permanent in scope. Such as the institution of an openly tyrannical government coming out of the shadows.

Anyone paying attention for a while should see this train coming and how it may go down.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

That's a lot of facts and figures.

Unfortunately, it's also a load of crap, based upon ridiculously inefficient wind turbine designs and calculated using extreme lack of vision and foresight.

What's the one thing that most (not all, but most) homes have?

A roof.

How many kWh's does the average UK home require? About 3-4.

You think it's beyond reasonable to simply install 3 or 4 Kw's worth of PV panels onto every single home in the UK to supply our total energy requirements do you?

And why would that be? Because people are going to lose their dividend payouts? Lose jobs in the energy sector? Tough...i'd rather investors and workers lose money and jobs to save thousands of lives every year.

The empty roof space is sitting there waiting...no land lost, no huge wind or solar farms are required...your 'twice the area of Wales' is looking a little shortsighted now isn't it..considering the space on the roof is already there!

Triple junction PV panels are now up to 40% efficient, they cost more, but if all panels are manufactured using the upgraded tech, the costs will fall.

A few panels on a home, or shared panels on flats and offices will be plenty to keep people alive in the Winter and Summer, excess can be distributed locally, or sold on to the grid.

It can be done, the technology is there, it's proven and all that's needed is the will to spend the money and to properly think about the best way to do it for the public benefit, and not the best way to do it for profit driven energy corporations.

But, stick with your complex and pretty meaningless calculations if you prefer matey.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

whywhynot
reply to post by seeker1963

I don't want my guns confiscated and I do worry about it some, but, When I put a little prospective on the situation regarding the governments realistic ability to actually do it I worry a lot less. I submit the following as a little prospective: Katrina, Sandy, Afghanistan, Iraq, nuclear development in Iran, Syria, Israel, 17 Trillion in debt and rising, and last but certainly anything but least, Obamacare. Lets face it folks the government just cannot get it done. These are a bunch of clowns who are too busy feathering their own pockets or growing their own empires to pay attention to any detail. Few of these jokers have managed anything successfully.

So as worried as I am that I can keep my guns I keep cool knowing that I'm safe with such an inept government.

Granted... However, it won't be Obumbler and the Stumble Bums(congress) that will come for your guns. It'll be people that know a bit more about aggressive tactical situations.

I had the fleeting thought that if they couldn't find 11 million illegal aliens, how would they find 100 million gun owners. Then I realized that they don't WANT to find those illegals, but they would want to find the guns. I believe they will find the will, once they figure out the way.

Here's MY contribution to the conspiracy du jour. I've heard 25-50,000 foreign troops have or are training with FEMA for disaster situations. A large number of Russian troops are supposed to be trained and stationed in FEMA Zone 3. Washington DC is in that zone. Could those troops be there to protect the White House, since it may be questionable whether US troops would be ... effective?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

You should perhaps study a subject before trashing it.

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

That's a lot of facts and figures.

Unfortunately, it's also a load of crap, based upon ridiculously inefficient wind turbine designs and calculated using extreme lack of vision and foresight.

What's the one thing that most (not all, but most) homes have? A roof.

How many kWh's does the average UK home require? About 3-4. You think it's beyond reasonable to simply install 3 or 4 Kw's worth of PV panels onto every single home in the UK to supply our total energy requirements do you?.....

Brother, You just PROVED you believe in Fairy Dust and Unicorn Farts. Solar/wind output can disappear for days and weeks, not simply a few hours. In the winter of 2010, the UK was without wind (and Sun) for a whole month. Figuring using a storage metric of “Car Batteries per Household" (CB's per HH) the number of CBs needed to power a typical NYC apartment for 3 days is 20-25 car batteries per HH now multiply that by $75 per battery. (and that doesn't even get into the fact batteries can blow-up.)

The Electric vehicle batteries are designed for a thousand recharge cycles or so. You end up paying a Euro for each kWh going through the battery when you include the battery replacement cost. Or 1.30 USD. [Per kwh] You are ammortizing the battery cost over the electrical energy it will DELIVER over its life, not on its energy CAPACITY. So if a Li-Ion battery costs $2 / watt-hr (capacity) and you can get 2000 cycles in its life (3-7 years of commuting.) , then yes the cost is about $1/kwh transported. The EPA says that a gallon of gasoline = 33.7 kwh. So that means the energy transported by batteries is equivalent to paying $33.699 / gallon of gasoline. …Such a deal!

Even super activist James Hansen acknowledges that wind, solar and geothermal are fairy dust.

“The hope that the wind and the sun and geothermal can provide all of our energy is a nice idea but I find it unlikely that that’s possible....

Suggesting that renewables will let us phase rapidly off fossil fuels in the United States, China, India, or the world as a whole is almost the equivalent of believing in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.”
LINK

David Mackay, a climate advisor to the UK’s New Labor government, has written a free book about the storage problems and more. He is a CAGW alarmist, but has his numbers right, and computes the amount of pumped hydro storage to supply the UK through a longer lull in wind power during a blocking weather pattern. His conclusion sounds a lot like “Canna do, Capt’n!”. LINK

I don't think you realize the fundamental problem with wind and solar.

This is a very simplistic explanation. Power from wind is proportional to the cube of the wind velocity. Unless you are in a desert, solar power varies with the amount of cloud cover. Both these mean that the power from renewables is extremely variable. Power grids need to be stable. If renewables are more than 15% of the generating capacity, the grid becomes unstable. So, in general, 75% + of the power in the grid must come from things like coal, gas, hydro, or nuclear.

On top of that Wind and Solar are already technologically mature. Wind Power is centuries old and Solar over a century old. 'Modern Research' has been going on since the 1960's (I dated a researcher in the 1960's)

Charles S. Opalek, PE, did the calculations for Windpower and then wrote the book WIND POWER FRAUD: WHY WIND WON’T WORK

Wind turbines have an embarrassingly low Energy Returned On Energy Invested value of 0.29. The manufacture, installation and operation of wind power facilities will consume more than 3 times the energy they will ever produce.

Energy Return Ratio

…From an energy perspective, we must form a more complete picture of the technological picture. To date, we have only focused on operational energy but there can be extremely high embodied energy costs as well. Most technological solutions depend on advanced scientific materials that come out of research labs....

Semiconductors are notorious for the amount of energy required to produce them. The manufacturing process can take up to 400 steps, use highly toxic materials and a vast amount of energy. As we shall see below, one of the dirty secrets of Solar and Wind is the vast amounts of energy used to make them, use of exotic raw materials and toxic waste.
Embodied energy of semiconductors
Exotic raw materials – The Rare Earth Metals
Toxic ingredients and E-Waste...

Perhaps it would help to point out the following.

All energy is free. It was all created at the Big Bang. But it is costly to collect energy and to concentrate it for conduct of useful work.

Fortunately, nature has collected and concentrated energy for us. This is what I meant by 'Energy Density'

For example, the little energy available in sunlight has been collected by photosynthesis over geological ages, and the collected energy exists in dry, compressed stores known as fossil fuels.

The energy available in sunlight as it falls, or the solar energy collected as biomass is in such small amounts that collecting it costs much more than collecting the energy concentrated in fossil fuels.

Wind is also energy supplied by the sun but it is also too feeble in normal winds to make its collection affordable when the solar energy collected by fossil fuels is so much more concentrated.

However, hydropower is solar energy collected by evapouration over large areas which is concentrated when it falls as rain and is routed to rivers by geography. This large collection area makes hydropower affordable in competition with fossil fuels and nuclear power. (Nuclear power is energy concentrated by now long-dead stars).

The high concentration of energy in fossil fuels is why windpower and muscle power (from animals and slaves) were abandoned when the high energy intensity in fossil fuels became available for use as power by using of the steam engine.

But hydropower was not abandoned and is still used because the energy intensity in falling water is comparable to the energy intensity in fossil fuels.

In summation, collecting energy for use is cheap by using hydropower, fossil fuels and nuclear power because nature has done most of the collecting. But collecting energy is expensive from wind and solar because we have to do all the collection ourselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Nice work there and thx for the links.
Gonna go read now, I wasnt aware the "green energy corps" were struggling so bad.

I use wind power currently it is average price.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

So the first time I got this brief was in the late 90's. It is nothing new. It is part of a series of briefings and classes given in conjunction with riot control training. I went through for one of my JRTC rotations and two of my NTC rotations. This training also was given before my first deployment to Iraq. It is an annual requirement for MPs that, like many MOS specific training events, might happen every three years. Combat arms guys get it before any real or training mission involving civil disturbance and crowd control. The majority of the "patrol the streets" idea actually happened all over, on 911. However that was in military housing areas on the installation not off installation. I guess I just don't see the significance. This training has been going on for decades and those memos have always existed. Like many other policies and procedures, they get updated. I can see why someone who is not aware of all this might be shocked or taken back.

Reference thus: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-11-2013 by bonecrusher321 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join