It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler and the Conquest of Britain, Ireland and America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

Are you aware that you sound an awful lot like a Nazi Apologist?

I would strongly recommend that you check your facts before posting them here.....Spouting Goebbels' propaganda, here & now in the 21st Century, makes you look at best a bit thick, at worst a neo-Nazi revisionist.
edit on 6-11-2013 by squarehead666 because: content

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

squarehead666
He.100 was too expensive and complex for mass production, plus by the time Heinkel had ironed out the kinks, the FW.190 was on the way.....I'm gonna be building mine in 1/72, 'God's Own Scale'!

Regarding the aircraft's complexity, I'm afraid I have to disagree. The HE-100's design philosophy was to make it is as simple as possible. As an example, the HE-100's wing had 62.1% fewer parts than it's predecessor, the HE-112. It also had 57% fewer rivets and thus took 1150 less man hours to produce than the HE-112 wing. The engine was simply a DB601, the wheels and tyres identical to the 109. It was intended to be as simple as possible with as few parts as possible.

Anyway, getting back to the French dude, here's an excerpt from the book, which I've unfortunately got to type in manually!

One of the ironies of the HE-100 story is that having rejected the aircraft for service with the Luftwaffe, the German authorities went to great lengths to convince the rest of the world otherwise. In 1938 the aircraft helped convince a French general that thee Luftwaffe represented an irresistible force and two years later it masqueraded as an entirely fictitious aircraft, the HE-113, in an elaborate piece of deception by Goebbel's propaganda ministry.

As the various diplomatic manouveres that were eventually to lead to war preceded during 1938, Herman Goering contributed by inviting his French counterpart, General Joseph Vuillemin, to Germany to visit various airfields and aircraft factories. The tour began on August 16th and, through careful timing and air traffic control, Vuillemin was kept unaware that the long, neat rows of fighters and bombers he saw at one airfield would be the same ones he saw at the next. The intention was, of course, to give the General and his small party the impression that the Luftwaffe had far more operational aircraft than it really did.
Vuillemin was also impressed by the quality of the aircraft, especially the fighters. France's Third Republic was in serious, ultimately fatal disarray. The country had lost the qualitative lead in aircraft technology that it had held in the previous decade. Only now, with the danger of Nazi ambitions becoming less deniable by the day, were French aircraft manufacturers beginning to make up for lost time. Yet the BF-109 and the HE-112, an example of which Vuillemin was permitted to examine closely at Oranienburg, were obviously far superior to the best French fighters then in production.

The adroit combination of truth and fiction presented to Vuillemin during the tour, the genuinely high quality of the latest German warplanes and the non-existent squadrons, was emphatically underlined during the visit to Oranienburg. where one of Vuillemin's highest ranking guides, Generalmajor Udet, offered his guest an aerial view of the factory and airfield from that vantage point of a Fiesler Fi-156 Storch. A remarkable aircraft in it's own right, the Storch could all but hover in take-off and landing and it is said that Udet was on a final approach when the aircraft was bounced by an HE-100. Travelling at full throttle, it had appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Udet was, of course, aware of the stunt. His passenger was notand his reaction to the sudden appearance of the HE-100, flown by Dieterle and visible through the Storch's glazed cabin roof can only be imagined.

Another charade, possibly involving improvisation, happened soon afterwards. The French delegation, which included a few active pilots, was apparently allowed to take a close look at the HE-100, something no other pilots of the future Western Allies were allowed to do. Another of Vuillemin's guides, General Erhard Milch, RLM State Secretary & Goering's immediate subordinate, casually asked Udet about the aircraft's production status. With similar sang froid Udet replied "The second production line is just starting upp and the third in two weeks". Dr Heinkel, who was within earshot, was nonplussed since exactly three HE-100s had been completed, and one of these was the V3.

Vuillemin's well-founded pessimism about the strength of L'Armee de L'Air had preceded his August 1938 visit to Germany. It was, if anything, deepened by what he had just seen and heard. Although the HE-100's part in the drama had only been a walk-on it had certainly been memorable. On his return to France Vuillemin stated he believed that France's air arm would not last two weeks against the Luftwaffe.

The grim assessment went a long way towards the French Government's decision to maintain it's policy of appeasement at the end of September, when, with the signing of the Munich Pact, the French and British governments gave Czechoslovakia up to the Nazis.

1/72 scale? How am I supposed to get a 30cc engine and radio gear in that?!

edit on 7-11-2013 by GeeBee because: formatting

edit on 7-11-2013 by GeeBee because: damned formatting!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
he was here in Argentina by his last years even had childrens to

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BocaJuniorsXII
he was here in Argentina by his last years even had childrens to

????? There is no proof that Hitler - a physical and mental wreck by April 1945 - could have staggered his way out of the burning ruins of Berlin.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Mirageman, Yes the German High Command did have a Plan Zed, but it was meant for the war to start in 1945. This would have put it beyond the FDR years. I've always felt that the Brits knew exactly what they were doing at Munich. It was a case of giving the Nazis enough rope to hang themselves. And once Hitler had bitten into the fruits of conquest, he was deathly afraid of backing off, or backing down. His own propaganda ministry would have led the charge to replace him. My dad served in the U.S. Army in Europe, and he commanded a thousand German SS'rs who had to go from the French Coast, back to Nuremberg, for the War Trials, after V.E. Day. He had a very mature perspective, and he said that Hitler had created a beast, and then was carried off on its horns. Hitler knew there was always someone waiting for him to fail, and would take over the reins of power, in the Reich.

B.T.W. These SS boneheads refused to admit that the War was over, until they met up with their old buddies who had fought in the Battle of Berlin. Then it was "Hitler who?" The entire Third Reich's lynchpin was the Fuhrer, and his personality cult. So, maybe the better alternate history tale would be to consider the outcomes if the Generals had succeeded in assassinating Hitler and his cronies, and then dug in when they knew FDR was only interested in their Unconditional Surrender.

Hitler was the sole force in Germany which kept their Generals from unleashing their stocks of Nerve Gases onto the Allied armies. They had 150,000 plus artillery rounds of it, stored behind the D-Day Beaches. O.T.O.H. there would have been zilch chance of the U.S. being invaded, East or West, after we detonated the first A-Bomb. I personally believe that we actually had moved a "Little Boy" weapon to Britain, to counter the Battle of the Bulge, getting too far out of hand. That too, would have freed up the Germans' nerve gases, with untold Allied casualties.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Fascinating stuff my friend.

However I won't be doing another Hitler thread anytime soon. Although it was based on some real plans and ideas it was just a fun thread really.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That's a good plan. Alternate History is neat, but only if you know what really happened. We are still being bombarded by black propaganda from the War Years. Too many Army officers got into Academia, and still refuse to look at how phony a lot of that "News" really was. The idea that both divergent programs to create the A bomb bore fruit within a couple of months of each other, is garbage. So is the blubs that every nuke detonated, was 20 Kilotons.

But nobody really questioned these lies, or they just didn't want to know in the first place. The best story about the Nazis came out of all places; Berkeley, early in the Fifties. An American Air Corps General who headed up the bombing raids on Hamburg, met his Luftwaffe Counterpart in a cocktail meeting. The hostess wigged out, but these two old soldiers hashed out all of their strategies and counter strategies. Of course the Germans failed, and the devastation from the Great Firestorm, was as bad as any other. But after the two had finished, a curious bystander asked the Luftwaffe General about the developing stories of the Holocaust.

The old General paused and then remarked that if they were true, then it was the Nazi's sole claim to glory. That by the end of the War, they had their fingers into everything, and screwed up everything they got their hands on. But my dad said that this old criminal would have gladly sent fleets of bombers over England and destroyed her with nerve gas attacks. All they would have needed were a few foggy London nights, for the gas to penetrate into everything, without blowing away. Tabun has no odor, and no taste. It kills you before you know its even there. Our troops had a WWI class gas mask, that they hadn't tested out since they got to England. Dad had one of these relics when he crossed the English Channel on D-Day + 5, in a reserve Inf. division. He served from being drafted in 1940 to the very end of 1945, and it took a letter from my mother and grandmother to Pres. Truman, to spring him even then.

He had seen and knew way too much for the Army Officers' own good. Within a few months, he had relocated back out West to Idaho, where he had been drafted from, back in 1940. The women followed a few months later. He had disappeared cleanly off of the East Coast. So it was a case of "out of sight, out of mind".

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join