It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real life Homer Simpson: man runs into burning house to rescue beer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Man enters burning house to rescue beer.

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Officials are still investigating the cause of a house fire that broke out on 42nd St. near Oates Ave. in Columbus, Thursday afternoon, but residents are blaming a newly installed water heater.

"I told them to get the kids out and everything, and me myself, being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out," said Walter Serpit...

Serpit managed to save several cans of beer and he escaped the home without getting burned.

You get the kids, I'll get the beer...

The article didnt make any reference to it but I'm going to guess that his insurance got cancelled or premiums went up as a result of Obamacare. Either way, it meant that he wouldnt have extra cash for beer.

This cant be confirmed but he allegedly said that he would also have rescued his new fart proof underpants had he not been wearing them.

edit on 26-10-2013 by gladtobehere because: link

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I can only hope he isn't a primary caregiver often left alone to care for the kids. He strikes me as someone in very serious and profound need of in-patient care for an addiction he has no control over. Wow...

Kids get delegated for rescue while Captain America risks himself for....beer?

I wonder how much he had of what he rescued before being interviewed? ...and which is worse? learning he was toasted when he said this but functional enough not to slur it ...or that he'd had nothing at all, and really believed this was a good and logical thing to relate to people for his thinking?

There are some people in the world that really scare me to consider near kids with responsibility for their well being ..on even a casual level. He sure makes the short list.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
haha, beer doesn't even burn
sucker

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Danbones
sucker

Not only that but they say that the "Water" heater started the fire? Now I'm no rocket surgeon but water doesn't start fires. There is something fishy going on here.

FISHY.. water.. see ??

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Groan....

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
and whats wrong with saving the alcohol?

Am I missing something?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Water heaters can cause fire, when those are improperly installed.
water heater fire

I always thought that Simpson´s and specially Homer is over charactarized to be a real person.. i guess there are Homers among us. That leads my mind to a movie idiocracy.

If this is what we are going to be.. sad

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If you're sitting outside watching your house burn wouldn't it be nice to have a nice cold beer. Beer and campfires go good together....until someone gets drunk and pisses on the fire.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Danbones
sucker

Put a can of beer in a hot camp fire and see what happens. You won't be drinking it later.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Well, there is nothing at all wrong with saving the Alcohol. At one time in my life, I may have run in too...except of course, I favored 190 Proof joy juice, so.......maybe not. (I Found IT! *booom*)

In this guy's case? I think people are reacting to the order or priority here. Tell others to grab the living children ..while he grabs the beer. Err... How about everyone get the kids out ..THEN maybe get the beer?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
this is why i love America,just like Scotland you have complete nutters all over the place and no one thinks eh maybe i should phone someone and get them help,no its aww theres another nutter,aint Scotland/usa great lol

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I could tell you a story of when a helicopter got blown up once where i served, and loads of troops raced to save the badly injured crew and passengers.....then went back to a burning chopper which had all the door gunner ammo burning in it and leaking fuel....brave lads indeed....funnily enough it was also interesting that it was the monthly NAAFI stock in the chopper too.

CX.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
while he may have had his priorities a little backward...it does make for an entertaining read....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For the record, this was NOT ME
LOL

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by OneManArmy

Well, there is nothing at all wrong with saving the Alcohol. At one time in my life, I may have run in too...except of course, I favored 190 Proof joy juice, so.......maybe not. (I Found IT! *booom*)

In this guy's case? I think people are reacting to the order or priority here. Tell others to grab the living children ..while he grabs the beer. Err... How about everyone get the kids out ..THEN maybe get the beer?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was my poor attempt at a joke.

But I know the first thing Im going to want when my house burns down..... a stiff drink.

new topics

top topics

join