It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scars - how to get rid of them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hi guys, does anyone know how to get rid of scar tissue? External scar tissue.
I had cystic pimple 4,5 years ago, it left me a hyperthropic scar, after 2 years I decided to get microdermabrasion done, my dermatologist suggested it to me. Nurse screwed up and left me with bigger scar due to microdermabrasion.
1 month ago I got another cystic pimple, on other side of nose, it was smaller though, but it too left me with raised scar. I squeezed the fresh scar and lot of blood came out, week after skin under pimple swelled up.
I used aknemycin on it, it helped, once it was healed, I used Kelo-Cote (silicone cream) on my old scar, and new scar. It made both scars worse unfortunately :/.

Guys, can anyone please give me an advice on how to flatten scars on my nose, just flattening is absolutely enough. I cannot use anything that is from silicone, it only worsens scars.

Is there anything that breaks up scar tissue? Or dissolves it?
I ordered manuka honey, Serrapeptase and Nattokinase, and collagen -type 1&3.
Serrapeptase and Nattokinase are enzymes that supposedly dissolve both internal and external scar tissue, hope it will work. Anyways, is there anything else that might work? Thank you

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

No. There's no proven treatment. Bet just to forget about it or you risk making it worse and wasting more money. It'll fade on it's own with time.
edit on 26-10-2013 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I would probably ingest collagen and apply aloe topically.

At least for me, aloe really helps to heal my scars.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Bio oil is supposed to be good for scars we used it on my son who had an operation on his cleft lip you can hardly see his scar worth a try

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Vitamin e works on scars too... Rub vitamin e gel on the scar 2 times a day and it will help make it fade.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Don't worry about it Farn

If you could see the scars I carry, Geez

Just enjoy the ride my friend and collect a few more on the way for good measure

Cody

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If it's a new scar I know they used to make theses "scar strips" out of some kind of latex. They used to be used by plastic surgeons, but I think Band-Aid now sells them. Bio-oil is also a really good product. I know it also works for stretch marks after pregnancy.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Try bio oil it worked on our daughter

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

cody599

Don't worry about it Farn

If you could see the scars I carry, Geez

Just enjoy the ride my friend and collect a few more on the way for good measure

Cody

Agreed. Keep the scar and tell people about how you had to fight off three drug addicts with switchblades that were trying to abduct a handicapped woman's baby.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have read that fresh ginger could do that, cut ginger in half and rub the scar with it. But be careful, as ginger is irritant. It's good for skin if you don't overuse it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I once got a large burn mark from a hot exhaust. For the next week or two I just took it to the beach and dunked it in the salt water. No scar, not even a mark left over from it, and it was a pretty deep burn.

Honey I have heard is also good for scars, but it all depends on how old it is. It also depends on where the scars are, but I have many, and each is a great story and a road map of life.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I rid myself of a lot of scaring using a Derma Roller and Bio Oil for about 12 months.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Cocoa butter with vitamin E, works well on scars and stretch marks. That and time of course, considerably removed the color and flattened a prominent scar that I have. As basically, look for a high quality brand-It lessens coloring if any-red, purple- and flattens them a bit, doesn't remove them but they look less there.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce prescribed castor oil compresses in natural wool. Some 20,000 diagnoses and remedies. Much of which is very well documented. You can find a variety of recipes on your fancy lnternettin gadget.
Take it for what it is, but well worth researching.
OTC product called Mederma is also very good.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I got a hectic scar from a bad decision I made when emotionally unstable.

CO2 laser toned it down quite a bit. Expensive tho, and you need several sessions (I could have used more, income troubles). Other than that I use bio oil, not sure how effective it is really but its my daily routine now.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
100% Shea Butter - constant application

I've seen people with extreme skin disorders when their entire body is covered in scar tissue manage to recover

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnholdlatino neighborhoods

Buy an aloe vera plant leaf. In latin neighborhoods called "savila", (bodegas)

Cut the leaf in the middle exposing two halves with the pulp on one side, and the outer leaf on the other. Down the middle flat wise.

Apply a section of the leaf with the pulp facing the area you want to remove the scar from.

I suggest you cut the two halves in sections about the size of the area you want to apply them to so as to save more sections for future use.

With the section of the leaf now over the area, pulp facing in, you then wrap a bandage or whatever you like to keep it there.

Leave it on as long as possible.

For best preservation of unused parts, place a wet paper towel over the pulpy part and leave in the fridge.

You can buy a plant for home as well. I highly recommend it.

It has a multitude of uses. Most skin problems can be cured with this....It is highly effective. No BS.

It is also believed to bring good luck if placed near the main door to your home...I thought I would throw that in there.

Good luck.

Oh, and it tastes REALLY good. It is BRIMMING with vitamin E. It cures most skin related problems. Hence why its big in skin creams and such.

You could also use snail slime....this is just gross, but I hear its effective (never tried). It is really expensive in Europe and used for high end skin creams. Just try and find that! Yeah, latino areas...Bodegas.....LOL

edit on 10 28 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thanks for all suggestion guys. I really appreciate it

I would use Aloe Vera if I could, but I belong to that small group of people who are allergic to it :/. Tried applying it raw, sliced on my skin about 1 year ago, and my skin reddened and started itching.

I have been thinking about bio oil, it seems to be really great. I will look into that.

I have also found Edgar Cayce's recipe for scars, I will look into that.

What caught my interest was also using micropore tape, it is commonly used to flatten post-surgical scars, but that is not a problem at all. It does not contain and ingredients (like silicone sheets contain silicone) as far as I know, they only used to add pressure to scar, which is something I would find very useful. I do not need to make it completely disappear, just flatten it, so it would not be visible under various lights and throw shadows. It is on my nose, you know, that is why it concerns me.

What do you think about Micropore Tape? Or about scotch tape, paper tape and duct tape? All have been used (duct tape probably the least, but often to get rid of warts) to flatten the scar.

Also I found Manuka M's type for massaging face, including scars. You can look up Manuka M on yahoo.answers.com, he has his own metod. Basically massaging skin vigorously and firmly up and down with some kind of oil (he prefers olive oil), for 20-30 minutes a day, can be done in 1-2 sessions. It supposedly gets rid of scars as well.

What do you think about all of this guys? And is there anything useful that you might know please? Thank you

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The best way to remove old scars is laser treatments. Either CO2 or Fraxel laser would probably be the best way. However, you would need to see a professional to determine what kind of treatment is right for you. This along with collagen or cortisone injections might really help.

I know someone who got collagen injections to break up a scar on the side of their nose, and it really helped. Most consultations for skin care treatments are free, so you might think about going for a consultation just to see what they have to offer and what it would cost. This is a good way to get free advice as well.

TCA peels, trichloroacetic acid peels, are medium strength chemical peels that rejuvenate and repair your skin-this will remove scars if done over time and done correctly.

Also, the derma roller mentioned above is a great inexpensive way to remove scars.
edit on 30-10-2013 by PacificBlue because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Like some posters have mentioned, BioOil does work VERY well and is supported by dermatologists and pharmacists as it contains Paraffinum (to help rejuvenate skin).

I will add, organic coconut oil....it works wonders!!! My daughter had a lot of scars from her eczema, and she swears by it! She prefers it over the BioOil now. I have noticed how incredibly clear her skin looks now too, coconut oil is really a miracle product, I use it for so many things

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join