It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StopWatchingUS rally against mass surveillance: Live Updates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
StopWatchingUS rally

I did a search on this to see who was covering it- search

Why is it that in that search there isn't one single US 'msm' link to their coverage? Why do I have to go to a Russian news line to get news about current events in the USA?

RT.com says 'hundreds.' How many are really there? Will the police cause this to turn violent, like they have so many other protests in recent times?

PS: I can't find the search function on this new ATS. I used control+F to search the words in the headline; nothing came up in 'top', 'new' or 'recent', so I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. I know someone else posted the video for it some days ago, but I can't even find that post.

PPS: I just found this and it is relevant to this post, so I've added that link as well.

A partnership between police departments and social media sites discussed at a convention in Philadelphia this week could allow law enforcement to keep anything deemed criminal off the Internet—and even stop people from organizing protests.

edit on 26-10-2013 by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Livestream link

Thought this could go here.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Thanks for the link! It is currently offline though.

Edit: Never mind; it's on now. Video is really jumpy though.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm here for the "Koch Brothers stop tricking the American People Rally".
Am I in the right place ?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Lol...close enough!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hmm, does seem a little odd that no one has it covered doesn't it?
Or that suddenly there is a new killer virus that holds your computer for ransom.
Anyway....nice.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Now USA Today is covering it.

No overhead pictures of the crowd; only small group shots. We still don't know how many are there.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I bet the NSA is happy about the rally.
They can get a whole lot more pictures of people who don't like them spying ....
And it's easy for them ... with everyone all in one place like that ...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

FlyersFan
I bet the NSA is happy about the rally.
They can get a whole lot more pictures of people who don't like them spying ....
And it's easy for them ... with everyone all in one place like that ...

I bet its just like shooting fish in a barrel for those guys.

This is why its not a good idea to sign up for anything. I like certain organizations, but I refuse membership to any of them.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They like pictures all in one place. That is why Japan runs the database for all the pictures that are on the internet. Facebook Myspace you name it. Japan runs the database. It is a world partnership of spying.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

Quote from Snowden,
" the Fourth Amendment in our Bill of Rights prohibits government not only from searching our personal effects without a warrant but from seizing them in the first place."

Aha. now I get it, how could I be so stupid. What Snowden is talking about is 'intellectual property theft' feck it, I should have realised that yonks ago. In that respect the NSA/NCTC are guilty as hell in law, and in the US if nowhere else.

In edit, your browser may not be showing the search button in full. It is at the extreme right on the page. Check out any item that is visible and not complete.

edit on 26-10-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
rt.com...
says thousands here.......
edit on 26-10-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hey- thanks! I see it now. I didn't pay attention to that part all the way to the right since the first ones were for twitter, facebook, youtube and rss; my mind always blocks out the social media links on sites.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
it all over the new here in Canada

www.cbc.ca...

www.google.ca... i-spying-rally-in-washington-1.2252752&ei=a4FsUtK7FIbi2gXIrYDYBA&usg=AFQjCNFM4kptmAO3-3UVEQ0lBhKhoU-dtQ&sig2=jntExQ-ATkvfm5XxJL9eHg&bvm=bv.55123115,d. b2I

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
here a another one CBS
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
us.topnewstoday.org...

ya not much coverage so far

new topics

top topics

join