It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just heard an explosion or sonic boom in countryside of PA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Just heard an explosion or sonic boom in countryside of PA

My mom and I were upstairs talking in the kitchen when we heard a boom that scared her cat instantly. I assumed it knocked over something but it was laying on the floor and only ran when it heard the boom. My mother said "that sounded like an explosion" and I ran downstairs and checked her water heater and that was fine. We went outside and nothing fell on the house or around it, and no con-trails in the sky or smoke over the horizon. Did anyone else around Numidia, PA (northeastern PA) hear this boom?

I can't think of what it could have been besides a sonic boom from a meteorite or a jet, but nothing in the sky to see.

Years ago when I was still in middle school we heard a loud sonic boom from a meteorite that was caught on video and I felt it in my gut, nearly dropped to my knees. This was just as loud.

(Mods please move to appropriate forum, with the new setup I haven't started a thread yet and couldn't find where I needed to place this)
edit on 10/26/13 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's just them fracking the earth apart. Nothing to worry about...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

Could be that. They are fracking about 30-45min north of here. IDK, I was in that area and felt "earthquakes" that were little and apparently just their equipment to map the natural gas. But I don't think that would affect me. I'm guessing a sonic boom or someone for some reason set off a half-stick or something. Nothing came over scanners.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

I think the same. Frecking seems like the most reasonable reason. But it could be because im trying so hard to not be a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

I checked your local news but didnt see anything relevant.

I guess we will have to wait till 5-6 oclock news?
Will check back later.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Mardinio
reply to post by SixX18

I think the same. Frecking seems like the most reasonable reason. But it could be because im trying so hard to not be a conspiracy theorist.

I disagree I dont think its Fracking.

No earthquake, just a sonic boom?
Doesnt match what I expect from underground blasting.

I may be wrong but this sounds like a topside boom.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Arent you right by the underground mine fire? Perhaps it had something to do with that.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

Nothing on USGS (but will check again later).

Is your property undermined? A lot of very old mines (w/aging timbers) underneath a lot of PA.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Look up 'Seneca Guns'.
It's related to earth movement.
I live in north central PA
& have heard it several times in the last few years.

Here are a few links:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www.myreporter.com...

And a Facebook page for Seneca Guns in the southeast:
www.facebook.com...

Kind of exciting when I read about it & realized that's what I had heard!
The next two times I recognized it right away.
One time it sounded just like an old time cannon.
Twice it sounded like metal scraping rock,
or two cars broad siding each other!

The first time it sounded like hubby was throwing wood,
into our metal wheel barrow, in the middle of the night!
It's a lot easier to recognize at night with less 'life noise'
going on or thinking at first it's something man made.
We live in a very quiet area, so noises get our attention right away!

I'm thinking the difference in the two types might be:
The booming is methane being forced out of a rupture,
or pressure snapping a rock formation.
The scraping sound could be one side of a fault line moving horizontally?

Did what you heard sound like a cannon?
WOQ
edit on 27-10-2013 by wasobservingquietly because: Added links!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Things are stranger here in Pa. This morning I was walking the dog and was checking out all the airline traffic and the contrails. Just before 8:00 AM, I saw a silver aircraft flying fairly low very quietly . I say silver because the sun was glinting off it. I thought it was a drone( which got me excited) base don its length and relatively small wings and engines mounted on the rear fuselage. I watched it and it flew relatively slowly due west. A minute later I saw another one, same exact type of aircraft flying the same path right behind it. A few minute slater, another one.
By this time I was heading home and got my brother and said " If you want to see a drone, come outside." I had a hunch we'd see another one and we did. That made four of them, one after another a few minutes apart. I had a pair of binoculars and looked at the last one as it flew overhead. it wasn't a drone, it looked more like a large Learjet. Engines just in front of the tail on the rear fuselage, small wings swept back with a longer nose. I'd seen them before heading to our local airport. But never four of them flying single file in a row. We're not too far away from Willow Grove air station which was the direction they were coming from. Maybe it was a major company business junket, but to me they looked military but I have to research that.
But now here's the odd thing. As I was watching the last one fly over with the binoculars, I spied an object that it flew past which made me turn my attention to it instead. It was just a white dot very very high up in altitude. Was it a star I could see in the clear blue morning sky? That's about the size it was. It was white and I watched it for a few minutes. It never moved.
I've seen stars in the early evening and late morning sky, but this was just past 8 and the sky was clear blue and the sun was up. I thought maybe it was a weather balloon but it seemed to be extremely high and distant. It was much higher than those jets.
Anybody notice anything ODD? I got to thinking, are there a large number of private jets flying off and is something up?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
An update to yesterday's sighting. Looking at the sky late this morning, I'm convinced that was I saw was Jupiter that could still be seen through the atmosphere at 8 AM. You'd never see it with the naked eye, but by binoculars it must have been bright enough to just barely be visible. So that part of the sighting is explained, I'll have to tell MUFON.
As for those jets flying off in single file, I had looked at Flight radar 24 and they weren't on the tracking. So they were government/military or shadow. Horsham air station is where they must have come from, I wasn't aware that that's a drone station now as well. I'm sure I've seen some of them flyover at night.
Those people were heading somewhere, something must be happening somewhere. Are they sending a bunch of techies west to fix the Obamacare disaster, maybe out to San Fran to whatever secret barge Google is working on, or off to Denver Airport to get ready for the big event.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

I live in scranton pa and i have been seeing that same "star" it's not jupitar i dont know what it is and at night its huge. Everyone i know has seen this "star" no one knows quite what it is.

new topics

top topics

join