It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Effort Needed to Defend Earth from Asteroids, Astronauts Tell UN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am glad that the U.N. is finally looking into this issue but I feel it will be many years before the world will actually do some thing about it.

NEW YORK — Members of the United Nations met with distinguished astronauts and cosmonauts this week in New York to begin implementing the first-ever international contingency plan for defending Earth against catastrophic asteroid strikes.
[www.space.com...]

ww.space.com/23346-asteroid-threat-cutting-through-red-tape-to-save-the-world-video.html

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I think a decent size hit near a major city centre will poke the proverbial bear… Hopefully it's not one we are living in.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well, as Regan sort of said ( I think ) we do need an enemy out there to unite the world under a one world government...and since global warming has taken too many hits to be that unifying force maybe 'roids will do
edit on 26-10-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Why now? Where they have been? ..
But tq for this good info sir..Snf

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That information can take you to 2 different paths. Both are serious. Undeniable, there is actually a chance we will have to face that kind of event anytime, it is wise to use the resources we already have to try to prevent such a disaster.

Or...., maybe it is an excuse to prepare a multinational defense plan against something intelligent. Don't discard this possibility without searching a little bit. It seems to be a general interest to develope better missiles and improve missile defense systems in many countries, some of them without threat of militar conflict or any other reason.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I just heard that China has actually made one and even tested it! Now where did I see the info.....................anybody know or heard of such a thing?

Either China is at the top of the game or never believe anything you see?

Wait just found it on the news and I had it all wrong. It was Japan, Newsy it is called Hayabusa 2.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What a perfect pretense for building space weapons platforms.
What if it's a ruse simply to garner public support for building them?
What better way to enforce a one-world order on everyone than with drones in space.
Odds are good we couldn't do anything about a decent size asteroid headed our way anyways.
I don't trust the UN and frankly wonder why anyone would.

With GPS, our cellphones, and RFID chips (drivers license, smartmeters, wireless routers,black boxes "mandatory" on new cars) they can track us anywhere, all the time.
They could zap you whenever they felt it necessary.
Knock out your power, internet and phone service.
Possibly even plant thoughts or sounds in your head.
We shouldn't trust anyone with that kind of power.
edit on 26-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I was thinking the exact same thing.

edit on 26-10-2013 by sylent6 because: still asleep

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

i think the actual prep for the event is all the underground bunkers and tunnels that apparantly have been prepped for continuity of government and banking...

don't work for either of the above...?
C'est damage

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I wrote a thread on here and the sheer significance and what it actually involved was mind blowing to myself and no wonder many didnt understand.
However,
Using satellites to create a tri axial network weave using their frequencies (adapted frequencies) could possibly create a shield an invisible shield bit like something people deem as impossible from sci fi programs and films. Frequencies &vibrations.
Theres also another idea though that NASA may also be able to solve the enegy needs of rhe planet by creating and containing a blackhole with the same method by somehow directing energy to the centre even lasers like seen on tv. (IMHFUO)
Trying.
edit on 26-10-2013 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wasnt this outlined in some plan some whistleblower revealed in the 60's?

Economic and social upheaval, natural disasters, asteroids then aliens, all fake and all meant to push us into a one world gov?

Cant find the quote but Im certain it was very similar to that order

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Are you talking about Dr Carol Rosin and what was disclosed to her by Dr Von Braun? The video is on YouTube and was made some time ago. The thing is watching it back or should I say listening to it and comparing it to where we are today much of what she said is turned out to be true.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would say that humanity needs has many more immediate concerns at hand than worrying about asteroids at the moment.

For example as a metric of competence, let's see if the Earth as a whole can come together and fix the Fukushima disaster. If they can "fix" that fiasco, maybe humans have a shot at trying to combat asteroids without future unknown dire consequences. (Just playing Captain Hindsight here)

This issue seems more like a distraction. If an asteroid actually did hit, maybe it could unite humanity in a good way

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Always wait to the last minute to do something......humans!!

We need to change our ways, the gods may have mercy on us...

The second we appear as a threat to them, we die!!

Earth is essential to the Milky Way!!

A vital Particle...

They gave us a path to become like them...gods!

and we turn our backs to them...

Now, Men think they can become gods without his path!!

Prometheus Viral Clip # 1 (TED Talk 2023)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb7gspHxZiI
www.youtube.com...

What would you do if you were an Alien??

We need to make Re-Contact and ask them for mercy and help...

It might be Astronauts that make the contact...

The best choice to save humanity as we know it!!
edit on 26-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: more

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Its a good idea. Protecting against asteroids doesn't require weapons, it requires a comprehensive detection system and a proper space travel capability. Both of which are noble ends.

Any event with 'extinction of the species' as the severity requires a mitigation plan. Especially events known to be credible since the geological record shows previous occurrence.

Unfortunately we are a petty short sighted lot and probably wont do anything until we detect a threat inbound at which point it will be much too late.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
What a perfect pretense for building space weapons platforms!
What if it's a ruse simply to garner public support for building them?
What better way to enforce a one-world order on everyone than with drones in space.
Odds are good we couldn't do anything about a decent size asteroid headed our way anyways.
I don't trust the UN and frankly wonder why anyone would.

I agree with you %110

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is the next to last step in the plan to weaponize space according to van Braun via Linda Howe. After asteroids comes aliens. Anything connected with the U.N. is suspect imo. Throw NASA into the mix, even more so.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I don't trust the UN any further than I could throw all the traitors in D.C.

Certainly such a task is necessary.

I'd almost rather trust it to Burt Rutan . . . and the Virgin Airways guy. LOL. not that they aren't connected to the globalists, too. LOL.

And I find it curious that all the stuff seems to be escalating markedly the last 3-6 months on the topic.

What's WITH that?

Hmmmmm

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I GREATLY AGREE.

Though I suspect we could deal with sizable asteroid, if we determined to do so.

Certainly the oligarchy has plenty of ugly things planned . . . with real and unreal things.

Thx for all you do hereon.

Blessings,

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Bigger problem: polluted oceans, massive leaking of radiation, massive carbon emissions, the stuff they put in the air to reflect sunlight, the ever-present threat of a nuclear world war, ocean pH changes, bacteria evolving tolerances for antibiotics, gmo's, colony collapse disorder....

What I'm saying is that asteroid death is a nice distraction from the much more immediate threats.
edit on 27-10-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join