It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estate Sales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I go to alot of garage and estate sales. You can get a glimpse of people by what they get rid of, especially estste sales, where family members have taken what they want and the remainder is sold to strangers.

I went to an estate sale yesterday and there were hundreds of books for sale. The majority of books were about the End Of The World. There were big binders from workshops on Rapture and The End Times, as well as dozens of phamplets and all those books.

Whoever lived in that house spent their life waiting for the End Of The World. They spent alot of money reading about and learning about when and how the world would end.

And then they died before they saw how the world ended. It just seemed like a sad way to live and die.

How many here at ATS live for The End?

Seriously, there is a difference between being prepaired for disaster, and being obsessed about the End Of The World.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think that some people dont want to die alone, they feel more comfortable prepiring for the world to end; rather than face their own mortality.

just my .02

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My world ends when I die. I am not in the mood to die just yet. I am learning how to survive a world full of toxic food and unnecessary greed, someday death will be a welcome sight when I get tired of surviving. I do not fear death at all, all my ducks are in order. I do not especially like to suffer anymore though. I'm working on natural ways to avoid that.

The world is going to end someday and mankind has probably accelerated that by millions of years. That time is extremely far off in our future though. We may have disasters of many kinds, but life will go on. We are creating our own super microbes that will sooner or later kill us off. Hopefully the survivors will learn from the mistakes made.

Anyway, how can you prepare for the end of the world anyway or even a super big disaster. We should worry more about the things we can do something about like a sustainable environment or the healthy bio-dome of the earth. We can't let the spoiled brat part of us control us, thinking we deserve more than we need.
edit on 26-10-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Have no fear.............MANKIND will end long before this world does..................in fact i believe we are slated to be part of the "great die off" that is taking place right now.......
This earth will shake us off and continue on into the millenia,
hosting other species till they too dissapear into the past........

new topics

top topics

join