It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy Piracy : Obama Spying On Merkel's Cell Phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am not usually one to comment in the the political madness section, but after reading this today, I just had to comment on the madness of it.

Obama spies on Merkel's private cell phone

I get the point that sometimes throughout history that spying was effective for gathering information, but I thought the Cold War was over. And what point does it serve bugging a private number? Has he gone so arrogant that not only does he think he is allowed to bug you personally, but that he can do this at his own whims against a leader that currently is our ally? Does he want to alienate Germany now. Excuse me, but this isn't 1930, this is 2013, what has Angela Merkel done to deserve bugging of her private cell phone?

From The Independent

German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande have demanded talks with the US by the end of the year following allegations that 35 world leaders' phone calls were monitored by Washington's security agencies. Europe's leaders have turned their wrath on the United States, condemning as unacceptable the alleged “out of control” spying on citizens and governments. French president Francois Hollande said: "What is at stake is preserving our relations with the United States. They should not be changed because of what has happened. But trust has to be restored and reinforced."

Not only them, but 35 leaders had their private cell phones bugged. Is this not an outrage, that our president could think to do it to his own fellow citizens, but people in other countries? Where does his madness end? This is the guy liberals wanted in charge, if he can have the private cell phone of another leader bugged, then what makes you people think you now have any privacy?

But even at that, what does it say diplomatically for the United States? We are alienated, Obama is burning bridges. Not only that, the NSA did this to French citizens.

The fresh accusations came days after French media reported that the NSA had monitored more than 70 million phone records, text messages and private conversations in France in one month alone, propelling the issue to the top of the agenda at a summit in Brussels.

I say our president should go to Hollande and Merkel and stand before the French citizens who were monitored and get on their television and apologize. But then again, he can't take responsibility for his actions, and he cries and weeps that "the evil GOP does mean things to me"....deflect what he is doing, against his own platform he was voted on.

The president really needs to understand what diplomatic position he is in now, and it's not a favorable one. But what right was there to do it to French citizens? There is no right to do it to American citizens, but why aren't Americans outraged that the French citizens are victims of privacy piracy. That's my new term for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Do you really think that the US will stop or even slow down the spying...of course not. If anything it will increase, this they have proven time and time again. It seems that the US has gone full rogue and cares not what it does to other countries, its leaders or their people. When the world has had enough, the world will put an end to it. You reap what you sow or in other words karma is a real K9 female.

Not only has the US brought dishonor upon itself, the leadership has disgraced themselves before the people and the world at large. They have lost face and all credibility but will refuse to do that which is honorable. Bringing shame upon the citizenry.
edit on 10/26/2013 by pstrron because: minor correction

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Not only has the US brought dishonor upon itself, the leadership has disgraced themselves before the people and the world at large. They have lost face and all credibility but will refuse to do that which is honorable. Bringing shame upon the citizenry.

What's worse and most dangerous right now? The leadership, rather than slow or show hesitation for what has been done as it comes out, show arrogance and entitlement to do every bit of it.

I think the world could, perhaps, come to be understanding ..if they saw a backlash with meaning behind it, like this nation lived through for the blood letting of the 1970's in the Intelligence communities. They got clobbered with big clubs after Vietnam and the gross excesses of the 50's and 60's. Thanks for things like Church and Pike.

Rather than backlash though and perhaps pausing to reconsider? They throw the car into overdrive and mash the gas to do far more of what has the world already enraged and, perhaps, started to look upon us as the world once did other nations ...it collectively destroyed in the end.
edit on 26-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here, I borrowed this video from my Obama Lies over time thread. You may find this very fitting considering the name of your thread. Isn't it ironic?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The American Empire didn't even last half as long as the Roman Empire.

You know, I had read a book before that had proposed the Roman Empire didn't end with a bang, but a whimper. We seem to be going out with a bang.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ohhh folks, this one is heating up! The MSM will not be able to forgo this story. Although she has been spied on since 2002, it appears that Obama personally put his stamp of approval on it in 2010. BUT during his conversation with Merkel, he told her he never even knew she was spied on.

So it looks like Obama lied! Surprise surprise, huh? Merkel will not be pleased. German twitter is heating up to a loud roar.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

elouina
Ohhh folks, this one is heating up! The MSM will not be able to forgo this story. Although she has been spied on since 2002, it appears that Obama personally put his stamp of approval on it in 2010. BUT during his conversation with Merkel, he told her he never even knew she was spied on.

So it looks like Obama lied! Surprise surprise, huh? Merkel will not be pleased. German twitter is heating up to a loud roar.

And do you suppose Obama lets people have his private cell phone number? What would he do if someone gave German Secret Services his phone number and listened to him.

Merkel and Hollande are having a summit meeting, and if Obama doesn't attend, then he's going to have to find a way to explain to us about it, but the media isn't going to tell us that, oh no, he's just too bright and shining for there to be any spot on his record.

The American people need to know this stuff, because the American image is damaged. That's why people don't like us, and they will like us even less by the time Obama is out of office.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Barack Obama 'approved tapping Angela Merkel's phone 3 years ago'
President Barack Obama was told about monitoring of German Chancellor in 2010 and allowed it to continue, says German newspaper

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
At this point I'm not the least bit surprised. I really do not think they are going to cease the intrusions. Seems like it's only going to get worse and worse.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

KEMIK
At this point I'm not the least bit surprised. I really do not think they are going to cease the intrusions. Seems like it's only going to get worse and worse.

Uh huh.

And people thought it was bad enough for the IRS to target the Tea Party, but if they aren't only targetting Americans and leaders of countries, they are also targetting regular citizens in other countries.

I don't think Merkel had ever been anything else except an Obama supporter. So why would Obama allow this to happen to someone supportive of him, unless recently she had become less supportive.

Geographically, she is in a strategic position in the EU, and there had been some scuttlebut about Germany pulling out of the EU. But at the same time, EU politics don't drastically affect the American economy or security. So why is he so afraid of Merkel and Hollande, that he pulls this prank on them?

There's not really a lot of controversy surrounding Merkel. She's simply there and not really affecting the EU that much either. How influential is this woman anyway, for him to think she needs to be monitored?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is worse than ANY previous Scandals and Issues of this Government. This will have foreign relations with our allies plummet. The long-term consequences of this in the publics psyche are immeasurable.

America really is in decline, in every way.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Skyfloating
This is worse than ANY previous Scandals and Issues of this Government. This will have foreign relations with our allies plummet. The long-term consequences of this in the publics psyche are immeasurable.

America really is in decline, in every way.

Exactly right. And as a citizen who believes the Constitution is the highest law of the land, no one is above it. People roasted George Bush all the time, I think now it's time for Obama to receive accountability, he is not above the Constitution and the American public need to remember this and hold him for it.

If the American public gives him a pass on this, then we need to apologize to every president that we held contempt for. Nixon needs a pardon if we give a pass to Obama. It's as simple as that, take our government back and put people in that we know is going to serve America's interest.

I think this government needs to be rebooted or revamped, or something. Term limits would be nice.

I am not calling for the destruction of government, I am not an anarchist, what I do believe is that the people in our government have gotten so out of control that people aren't going to care any more and full anarchy will be next. The people in our government don't care, they poked the anarchist dog long enough, pretty soon it's going to bite.

This race baiting from the government is the same thing, they have poked people so long, that eventually those who are not racist will become racist. I hate to say it, but Charles Manson may have been right on that point, he just made the point in the wrong way.

Right now, you go into any city or any town in the United States and you will hear people call policemen pigs. That's what Charles Mason and the Beatles called policemen. There is no respect for law any more, and why should there be when the law doesn't seem to care. As I said, I am not an anarchist, but for those people who are, it's not me provoking them, it's the government.

If the highest position of authority doesn't care, then who can blame the rest of society?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

A personal meaning:

The real rulers of this planet are not the presidents but a secret society (cliché, cliché, so what ....)
Obama doesn't know anything ... just like all other presidents didn't ... they just know to keep their mouth shut if it comes to the most important goal of the real rulers.
The 'secret society'' is not a bad organization ... without them world would be a hell (those who think it can't get much worse than it is now have to think again). The beast that lives in every human would have made world a real hell.
It's a bless that sometimes a group of mighty people can influence world leaders. How can they reach their real goal: 'uniting the world' if they don't know what world leaders are thinking?

www.evawaseerst.be...

top topics

join