It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISON keep his promise to us! Comet ISON get 3 times bigger just in 10 Days!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

St Udio
reply to post by cheesy

the build up of ISON will not be as spectacular as you wish...ISON is being downgraded to a comet of the Year... a rather stout demotion from the earlier gasps of ISON as being the comet of the Century

the 10X bigger is less than expected from earlier prognostications..
In any event ISON will not be naked eye awe inspiring until after ThanksGiving swing around the Sun

i hope it won't disappoint like the handfull of comets of the past 30+ years... that were all pumped up & ballyhooed by the MSM & the internet forums that came later

have a nice day OP
edit on 26-10-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Lets see..i bet you this will our greatest comet of our livetime..

Tq sir for the information..

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

i hope it won't disappoint like the handfull of comets of the past 30+ years... that were all pumped up & ballyhooed by the MSM & the internet forums that came later

Kohoutek. Probably the worst thing to happen to astronomy and the masses outside of the Vatican's muzzling of Galileo.

But then there was Hale-Bopp...

No media build-up whatsoever but what a show!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I know its off topic, but is there any hopes for comet C2012x1(Linear), anyone know anything?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I found this great article about ISON, it has a lot of information in it.

union-bulletin.com...

In February 1,897 observations were used to create a predicted light curve— brightness versus time —for the comet. It predicted that the comet would brighten quickly, with a peak at perihelion on Nov. 28 of magnitude –17, brighter than the full moon. Unfortunately, this is not to be. #Current observations show that the comet has exhibited a “slowdown event,” like many other Oort cloud comets. So the comet is brightening, but at a slower rate than had been predicted. #Based on these latest observations, the new predictions are that the comet will reach a peak brightness of about magnitude –3 to –5, which is still bright for a stellar object. To get an idea of this brightness, look for Venus tonight at sunset low in the southwest sky; it is about magnitude -4.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So will it be an awesome thing on the night sky? or Phage will pop up again to bust our bubbles?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
The tail is going to get bigger the closer it is to the sun. It is a normal happening. Not an indication of doom.

A 40 million miles away fly-by is not doom.

Plus since when do comets make "promises"?????????????
edit on 10/26/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/26/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Who said anything about doom?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

cheesy

Chamberf=6
reply to post by cheesy

Where was I angry?

From your avatar?
So what do you think sir about this comet.come on..tell me something..

It's a comet that will not be as spectacular as originally thought. That's it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Linear comet...

news.discovery.com...

Looks like it exploded...

Love your work cheesy. Have 2 scopes, binoculars (when mum brings them back from whale watching!!

I'm in tassie, and have have a very small window to watch it in, can't wait .
edit on 26/10/2013 by MissMegs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

MissMegs
Linear comet...

news.discovery.com...

Looks like it exploded...

Hopefully not.

Read the rest of the article attached to your link....

As noted by Spaceweather.com’s Tony Phillips, this explosion does not necessarily mean the comet has been blown apart.

A vein or cavern in the cometary nucleus may have been exposed to sunlight, causing rapid evaporation of the volatiles.

The rapid sublimation of ices could be injecting gas and dust into the coma, generating its current appearance.

Only followup observations over the coming weeks will confirm the outburst’s true nature and whether the comet survived the eruption intact.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
S&F

IT'S A BOY!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Will it survive the gravitational pull of the sun when it passes?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You really think comets are just a ball of ice and rock lol? They are electrical my friend, and they can intetact with planetd just as you observef with mars, look at the moon, this is an electric universe

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
this comet really IS ON track to give us a nice show

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Can someone tell me if the comet ISON has been around the sun already? I thought I had seen where it has and is on return, but I thought I saw in this thread where it hasn't passed by the sun yet. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

For the record I'd wish to say that I too enjoy reading "cheesy" threads. Also, I'm all but certain Cheesy has the best of intentions and has a genuine passion for space and it's happenings. I hope an occasional critic won't discourage you in doing what you love...
Thumbs up for your being passionate..Of course that odd avatar of yours throws me off a bit (-:

Besides, We only know what we know...how often after something Unusual or Unordinary happens do we circle back and correct ourselves..."Hey were we not just saying that's silly,impossible and could never happen?" = We Never do

tom
edit on 26-10-2013 by wutz4tom because: incomplete

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy...why do I feel that your avatar is actually your DMV photo???

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamuniversalcreator

" They are electrical my friend, ",,well if u mean they are lint ,,inthe binding force, that is left over from,,,
the creation.
then i guess some lint does hold a certain potential. Energy.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Iamuniversalcreator
You really think comets are just a ball of ice and rock lol? They are electrical my friend, and they can intetact with planetd just as you observef with mars, look at the moon, this is an electric universe

Just to keep the conversation honest and allow the reader be the judge.

The Electric Universe Theory Debunked

I kept hearing about this theory called the “electric universe theory”, and wondered what it was all about. An ex-work colleague was quite worked up about it and even lent me some books. What was this theory and where on earth did it come from?

According to the website www.electricuniverse.info the “Electric Universe theory highlights the importance of electricity throughout the Universe.

It is based on the recognition of existing natural electrical phenomena (eg. lightning, St Elmo’s Fire), and the known properties of plasmas (ionized “gases”) which make up 99.999% of the visible universe, and react strongly to electro-magnetic fields.”

It goes on to state “Electricity is common throughout the universe, generated by all cosmic plasma as it moves through magnetic fields.

Peer reviewed papers describe electricity in the Sun, and associated with the interplanetary medium (solar wind), planets and their satellites, comets, in interstellar space, other stars, and intergalactic space.” Well that sounds pretty convincing, doesn’t it?

We astronomers often stumble across new theories, and after a while a certain degree of ‘learned scepticism’ enters the fray. So I decided to take a closer look at this theory.

The theory seemed to be all encompassing and rather difficult to pin down, so in order to do this, I focused on what the theory has to say about our sun in particular.

Astrophysicists say that stars, including the sun, are powered by nuclear fusion. However electric universe theorists say this is not so.

The reasons given are that:

we haven’t yet found the neutrinos that must be emitted from such a reaction

;that the granular structure we see on the sun would not be possible, because convection is impossible due to the conditions there

;the energy emitted from the sun does not display the inverse square law

;periodic fluctuations in the sun’s output resemble electric discharge patterns

; and the solar wind is and effect of charged particles being accelerated in an electric field.

Well that all sounds very plausible and ‘scientificy’. But let’s take a closer look at the arguments one by one.

On the "Electric Sun" Hypothesis

A response to Don Scott's " The Electric Sun" webpage, this webpage of mine is as yet incomplete, and therefore a "work in progress".

It is not my intention, at least for now, to address the issues raised, and alleged to be in favor of the electric-sun hypothesis. Rather, it is my intent to show that the arguments of Scott et al. against the standard interpretations of stellar physics are devoid of merit.

This is an important point, because it shifts to the champions of the electric-sun hypothesis, the responsibility for showing that their hypothesis is better than the standard.

I contend that the detailed & powerful predictability associated with standard theory far outclasses the prose-based sentimental approach of the electric-sun hypothesis.

That, combined with the habitually poor approach to physics adopted for the electric-sun hypothesis, makes it a thoroughly unacceptable substitute for the standard physical theory of the structure and evolution of the sun.

The same argument applies to the more general electric-star hypothesis, of which the electric-sun is only one part. Also see my other web-page, "Thompson Responds to Thornhill", which dates from 1998 and addresses a number of weaknesses in the electric star hypothesis.

Those arguments are as good now as they were then. I also have a relevant page on Solar Fusion and Neutrinos which addresses the solar neutrino problem in more detail, and also the basic physics of the fusion reactions inside the sun.

Lastly from the rational wiki as Wikipedia ( along with the entirety of mainstream academia) does not recognize EU theory as legitimate science..

Electric Universe

”Science has a very poor understanding of Electricity. Electric Engineers have a great understanding of Electricity.
—SaveTheLivingEntities​, Godlike Productions

The "Electric Universe" (EU) is an umbrella term that covers various pseudo-scientific cosmological ideas built around the claim that the formation and existence of various features of the universe can be better explained by electromagnetism than by gravity.

The exact claims are diverse and vary from crank author to author. A common motif is the insistence that all science should be done in a laboratory — an attempt to throw away gravity from the very beginning, because one can't put a solar system or a galaxy in a laboratory.

Most Electric Universe proponents claim some kind of relation to the "plasma cosmology" of the Nobel Prize laureate Hannes Alfvén. Too bad his model was rendered obsolete by the missing observations of the radio emission predicted by his cosmology.

EU advocates can be roughly split into two groups: garden-variety physics cranks who are convinced that they have a legitimate revolutionary scientific theory, and various woo-peddlers who use EU claims to prop their main ideas (because mainstream physics would blow them apart).

One subset of the latter comprises some of the more loony global warming deniers (such as Vault-Co), who try to use it to "prove" that climate change is being caused by some process outside human control.

Immanuel Velikovsky was an enthusiatic early adopter of electric universe ideas, seeing in them a possible mechanism to explain his scenario of planetary billiards, cosmic thunderbolts, and the notion that Earth was previously a satellite of Saturn.

With that said, ISON is still on track to being a visible object and hopefully will put on a good show
edit on 26-10-2013 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hi cheesy
Noticing your excitement over ISON I have to ask the question - Is ison a galactic Taxi thats coming to take you home?

edit on 26-10-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Hi cheesy
Noticing your excitement over ISON I have to ask the question - Is ison a galactic Taxi thats coming to take you home?

edit on 26-10-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

Why i must go home? Its funny here..everyone is so kind

Its my bad brother coming to see my friend that i always tell to my bro..its you prepare to get pick up..my brother want to take you and show our "kindness" to you..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join