It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's trend in superstition: Creepy websites that grants wishes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If Japan is well known for anything it's probably strange fetishes, giant robots, and hatsune miku. But, there's one thing that Japan's subculture gets entertained by and that's creepy superstitions. We've all seen creepypasta before, like the one where someone supposedly bought zelda: ocarina of time from a shady pawn shop and when they played the game it was hacked to death into a creepy game that haunts people's memories.

Well, Japan's craze on creepy websites hasn't started today but has been around for at least a decade. But more recently the trend in high-schools has been to visit certain websites through unconventional means like searching a website at midnight in a search engine, browsing a demonic-themed website where it would open up an entrance to somewhere else at a certain time so that you can type in your wish etc... Even before the internet I hear it was done via cellphones / landlines.

Unfortunately, the ones I had heard of years ago have vanished but I'm pretty sure there are new ones out there. But before you go out and look for these websites, remember that once your wish is granted, your soul will belong to the demon lord when you die (usually). After all, it's only fair that granting a wish of certain magnitude would require the payment of your soul or life as some have claimed to the very end that it happens during these mysterious deaths. I mean, there are some stories (at least from word of mouth) where the last website someone visited before they spontaneously died was one that granted wishes.

I've been searching for one for about 30 minutes but can't seem to find a website. I'll need to ask someone that teaches at a high-school to get that info but until then, have you heard of any website that supposedly grants your wish? More importantly, have you ever visited a website that never existed before you visited it and vanished after you left...?

(Happy preemptive Halloween everyone!)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

I wonder if they named this website www.kami.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Look at the time and the minutes showing right now.

If you don't forward this thread to the number of people equal to the minutes showing in your friend list, you will have that many years cursed fortune.

If you send this thread to the number of friends shown in minutes, then you will get one wish granted and good fortune for that many years.

... at least that's how it's kinda sorta done on facebook and other similar region specific social networking sites.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Here's one:

www.real-wishes.com...

You make a wish, get a webpage automatically created and then have visit it each day for eight days.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Em2013

How do you know if it's true ? Do you know people that had experienced it ?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AliceBleachWhite

What do you mean by this ? Do people really gotta do this in order to get good luck ?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: joonlove

The OP/Em2013 last visit to ATS was Dec, 03 2013

I doubt they'll respond.

Just a headsup

edit on 20-1-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: joonlove

And AliceBleachWhite is no longer a member, they certainly wont be replying.

Another headsup

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Em2013

The whole internet is a granting of my wish....before then I had to walk cross country on foot freezing my butt off trying to hunt down obscure texts from old bookstores. Nice to see the Game hasn't changed much, now it's just the same ol' same ol' but with technology!

new topics

top topics

join