It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Gets Health Insurance Through Wall Street Giant Goldman Sachs, Thanks To His Wife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ted Cruz Gets Health Insurance Through Wall Street Giant Goldman Sachs, Thanks To His Wife

While Texas Senator Ted Cruz pushes to force low-paid congressional staffers to pay the entire costs of their own health insurance without any contribution from their employers, Cruz himself is sitting pretty with a cushy health care plan provided by the high-flying Wall Street investment bank Goldman Sachs. Cruz gets his diamond-studded health coverage thanks to his wife, Heidi Nelson Cruz, a managing director at the Goldman Sachs Houston, Tex., office, who carries her husband, an avid Affordable Care Act opponent, on her plan. The most high-visibility proponent of the recently-resolved government shutdown, who delivered a 21-hour solo diatribe against the ACA, better known as Obamacare, on the floor of the senate September 25, Cruz backs a measure that would not only require congressmembers and their staffers to drop their current federal health plans and buy into the new ACA insurance exchanges, it would eliminate any government contributions they could receive in paying those plans. It is routine for employers to help their workers pay for health insurance coverage.

What a hypocrite little Teddy wants to force others to buy into the ACA but his sorry ass is covered by Goldman Sachs. Does Teddy get other perks from Goldmans that we know nothing about?

I think all members of congress should be forced to join the ACA. If it's good enough for the people then it's good enough for congress.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If you keep stirring the pot, you may eventually get burned.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

No wonder he hates ACA he does not want to lose his good insurance like so many Americans are doing now because of ACA. Wonder if his deductible (or mothly payments) are anywhere close to the bronzes, silver, or gold plans of ACA?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Somehow I doubt his insurance costs matter when your wife works for Goldman Sachs.
How many times have the taxpayers bailed them out and yet they still give out billions in bonuses.
One might think the government works for the banks, but we know that idea is plain silly.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I say we jail Cruz and then torture him. Put him and anyone who complains about Obamacare in Gitmo. Lets just jail anyone who isn't in the plan. Let them all rot.

While the rest of us enjoy the state-gifted joys of the removal of all those onerous freedoms that keep the glorious peoples democracy down!

All hail the new peoples state!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by 727Sky

Somehow I doubt his insurance costs matter when your wife works for Goldman Sachs.
How many times have the taxpayers bailed them out and yet they still give out billions in bonuses.
One might think the government works for the banks, but we know that idea is plain silly.

Yes .... money talks or it can buy those who are willing to talk for you. I am not a fan of ACA obviously. I do not think the people or the country can afford what the paid talkers call affordable health care.

Seems anymore whatever tag or title they put on something it is the absolute opposite of the actual case.

If only half of the 1 billion that has been reportedly spent so far on ACA..... 500 million could have been spent on the electric grid to modernize and harden our power supply. If the lights go out due to an EMP or Solar flare for a couple of months ACA will be the last thing people will need or have on their minds IMO.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
and obama is an incompetent boob, who received millions from from goldman sachs.

so what..

light a candle at your obama shrine for me.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

And Obama gets his health insurance from the commie George Soros. Your point?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

727Sky

Seems anymore whatever tag or title they put on something it is the absolute opposite of the actual case.

That's how I've analyzed the news for the last 10 years -
Just read the title of bills and think of the opposite.
For instance:
No Child Left Behind (no child gets ahead)
PATRIOT ACT (Traitorous Act)
Help America Vote Act (Stop Americans from voting act)
National Defense Authorization Act ( Defending a criminal government from the people act)

It works pretty damn well if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Notice how we can't say anything negative about
Conservatives or TP members ?
Yet Obama is a Muslim with secret plans to take over the
country and probably will kill your grandma.
Oh that's fine, but don't dare point out the hypocrisy
of Cruz's Havard Goldman Sachs ties. Not to mention
his birther rants while the tall "Texan", was born in Canada.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yep:

Taxed Enough Already = Refused to be Taxed At All

National Rifle Association = National "whatever the hell damn weapon of destruction I want" Association

Pro-Life = Kill all gang members, Muslims and progressives- and anyone who gets between me and my gun

edit on 26-10-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

sealing
Notice how we can't say anything negative about
Conservatives or TP members ?
Yet Obama is a Muslim with secret plans to take over the
country and probably will kill your grandma.
Oh that's fine, but don't dare point out the hypocrisy
of Cruz's Havard Goldman Sachs ties. Not to mention
his birther rants while the tall "Texan", was born in Canada.

and let's not forget ted's father (a Cuban refugee) who came to this country in 1957, and only got his citizenship papers in 2005

[18] Cruz's father, who was born in 1939 in Matanzas, Cuba,[14][13] did, as Robert T. Garrett of the Dallas Morning News has described, "suffered beatings and imprisonment for protesting the oppressive regime"[13][18] of dictator Fulgencio Batista. He fought for communist revolutionary Fidel Castro in the Cuban Revolution[19][20] when he was 14 years old, but "didn't know Castro was a Communist." A few years later he became a staunch critic of Castro when "the rebel leader took control and began seizing private property and suppressing dissent."[13][21] The elder Cruz fled Cuba in 1957 at the age of 18, landing in Austin[18] to study at the University of Texas, knowing no English and with $100 sewn into his underwear.[22][23] His younger sister fought in the counter-revolution and was tortured by the new regime.[20] He remained regretful for his early support of Castro, and emphatically conveyed this remorse to his young son over the following years.[13][20] The elder Cruz worked his way through college as a dishwasher, making 50 cents an hour,[12] earning a degree in mathematics.[18] Cruz's father today is a pastor in Carrollton, Texas,[11] a Dallas suburb, and became a U.S. citizen in 2005.[24]

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This post doesn't makes no sense. Ted Cruz is saying that everyone should have to follow ACA. He likes his plan, so he gets to keep it, just like Obama said he could.

Mr Cruz is trying to point out how many of the people who made the bill are refusing to participate. He, on the other hand, is participating by keeping his plan.

Are you saying he shouldn't participate in ACA and his wife shouldn't get to keep her plan?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

PlatinumShatinum
This post doesn't makes no sense. Ted Cruz is saying that everyone should have to follow ACA. He likes his plan, so he gets to keep it, just like Obama said he could.

Mr Cruz is trying to point out how many of the people who made the bill are refusing to participate. He, on the other hand, is participating by keeping his plan.

Are you saying he shouldn't participate in ACA and his wife shouldn't get to keep her plan?

I agree it is alittle confusing. I think the larger point, outside of the OP's original quote is that these people pretend to be like us, pretend to know what our lives are like. Hell ask any republican and theyll tell you Ted Cruz is one of them! Buuuut in reality he's just another millionaire shmuck who is making decisions based on the almighty dollar.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good!
You think the ACA won't affect the cost of that too, though?

Your OP sounds like a whiny rant, and the first of your two sentences is a bald faced lie.

Saving the country from Obama's radical leftist policies, and where Ted gets his insurance is like trying to compare the value of a hamburger with the turd it ends up as.

I think you spend way too much time worrying about what's in other people's pockets. There's one reason, and one reason only for you to do that.

Be a big girl, and stop complaining that your peas are cold. If you hadn't spent so much time counting how many are on your brother's plate, they wouldn't be.

buster2010
What a hypocrite little Teddy wants to force others to buy into the ACA

What orifice did you pull that doozie out of?

Do you even know why he stood there for 21 hours?

Even today, front pages headlines read, "Cruz doubles down on choice to
fight ObamaCare in Iowa stop".

I hope this isn't your only job, because making a case for the opposition is likely to result in your termination.

ETA: Don't get me wrong, I fully agree the wealth inequality is completely out of control when it comes to the very top.

The problem I have with the things I'm seeing today, is you all are trying to line your pockets by robbing the people that just don't have it... the middle class. They're suffering too.
edit on 26-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

amfirst1

People are still whining about Soros?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

What orifice did you pull that doozie out of?

Did you even read the article?

Cruz backs a measure that would not only require congress members and their staffers to drop their current federal health plans and buy into the new ACA insurance exchanges, it would eliminate any government contributions they could receive in paying those plans.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

amfirst1

Soros? LOL....I'm fairly certain that the Obama family gets their health insurance provided via the same method that all presidents do....as a benefit of the job. Paid by the tax payers, as it should be.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It sounds like you're the one who didn't read it.

He's not going to sign up for something he's fighting the very existence of, that would be idiotic.

In the real world, Plan A normally comes before plan B.

-----------
Legislation A prevents babies from playing with razor blades.

Legislation B provides bandaids, should plan A fail to pass.
-----------

Also from the article...

he was “eligible” for the federal plan but didn’t take part in it.

Good for you Ted, admirable indeed.

The senator is on his wife’s plan, which comes at no cost to the taxpayer
even though he qualifies...

How dare he!!!

I haven't read the bill he supposedly supports, but is this part correct?

require congressmembers and their staffers to drop their current federal health plans and buy into the new ACA insurance exchanges, it would eliminate any government contributions

Will they actually be required to sign up for the ACA, or does he have the option to go out and purchase insurance on his own with his own money. I honestly don't know. Sounds a little stiff, but I don't see a whole lot of the general public bitching about it, lol.

If it's a "what's good for the goose" type thing, I'm sure he'll do exactly that.

You said:

What a hypocrite little Teddy wants to force others to buy into the ACA

and last I heard, he was still a member of congress, so he'd be included, or... forcing himself?

Which makes the whole point you were trying to make just a bunch of hot air.

"Force Others"?

My guess is that you knew it came from a liberal rag that sources Mother Jones drivel, saw the implied insult, and couldn't post it fast enough.

Here, have a pat on the back.
edit on 26-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

buster2010

While Texas Senator Ted Cruz pushes to force low-paid congressional staffers to pay the entire costs of their own health insurance without any contribution from their employers, Cruz himself is sitting pretty with a cushy health care plan provided by the high-flying Wall Street investment bank Goldman Sachs. Cruz gets his diamond-studded health coverage thanks to his wife, Heidi Nelson Cruz, a managing director at the Goldman Sachs Houston, Tex., office, who carries her husband, an avid Affordable Care Act opponent, on her plan. The most high-visibility proponent of the recently-resolved government shutdown, who delivered a 21-hour solo diatribe against the ACA, better known as Obamacare, on the floor of the senate September 25, Cruz backs a measure that would not only require congressmembers and their staffers to drop their current federal health plans and buy into the new ACA insurance exchanges, it would eliminate any government contributions they could receive in paying those plans. It is routine for employers to help their workers pay for health insurance coverage.

What a hypocrite little Teddy wants to force others to buy into the ACA but his sorry ass is covered by Goldman Sachs. Does Teddy get other perks from Goldmans that we know nothing about?

I think all members of congress should be forced to join the ACA. If it's good enough for the people then it's good enough for congress.

He married a smart woman with a good job right? So you ARE MAD ABOUT THAT? OMG!! The sky is falling, a senator has a successful wife so he must be a traitor. Where does one form opinions?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join