It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Brits!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Being a nosey old cow, I'm just curious as to how many of us are on here.
This is not some sort of separatist thing or 'call to arms', I think it would be good if we got to know who we all are.
A long while back, I did put out that being a small country we could try and have a 'meet up'. It didn't work.
So I'm just thinking it would be nice to get to know each other on here because I have a sneaky suspicion our numbers are many. I would also like to see us making more posts on british topics other than the weather being our favourite pastime and our quirky sense of humour when we talk about it.
I think it would be good to have more Brit posts on what is going on here not just for ourselves, but for the international community that is ATS to really see what goes on in our little neck of the woods and our opinions on them.

OK.....I've stuck my neck out....*sits back to see what happens*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I seem to be the first on the scene, but the number includes a lot of regular posters.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Hi,

I'll pop my head out too.
haven't really posted here for a couple of months what with work and a degree I've started with the Open University. But I saw your post and thought I'd pop by and say hi.

Also, meet ups would be interesting, but I'm wary of running into a "put the lotion in the basket" type of person.

edit on 26-10-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Well I'm from Ayrshire which is a great place to live in Scotland. Im half English because my late mum came from Bristol. Been there and drove over that 'little' bridge that is there

edit on 26-10-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

hi im from preston lancs been on here a while now but never had my own post usualy when i find something interesting enough someone already got there lol nice to meet you

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm living on the isle of wight but with transport so expensive a meet up is probably out of the question for me.

however a forum for uk politics would be intresting
edit on 26-10-2013 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hello, I am in Scotland and it would indeed be nice to get to know others from this country and the rest of the UK

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Thank you all early'ish Saturday risers!
@ Disraeli....Always enjoy your posts and had my suspicions you are a Brit...think your Tony Hancock quote gives it away!

@Daz...What are you studying? I wont take offence if you tell me to MYOB! Also, what's a 'put the lotion in the basket' type?

@Davy....hello again! Ayrshire is beautiful.....I've been ant tried out the Electric Brae a couple of times now!

@Zedy....Just north of the black stump eh!

@Monkofmimir.... Don't worry about the meet up thing....think we're all pretty much in the same boat when it comes to fuel prices! Which leads on nicely to....yup, why not a Brit politics forum....doubt we'll get one, but at least we can start more threads....For example, the Survival threads on here...all very well for America with all that land going begging, but what would we do here if TSHTF?

@CuthuluMythos....Hear hear!

I am sure we have all come across other Brits on this forum, so I for one am going to drop a few U2U's to those members in case they miss this thread......

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I'm just curious as to how many of us are on here

We are many , even some of the Mods are Brits

I'm in the sunny (soon to be stormy) Midlands and agree it would be nice to have our own forum but feel it would need to be European centered as we have many European members all effected by the same issues .

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hello gortex
Yes I certainly agree when it comes to the politico/banking stuff....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I've just literally started a psychology degree, may take me upto 6 years to complete, which is a pain but I'm looking forward to it.

Haha, have you ever seen silence of the lambs? That's the type

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I am here....................what do I win?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Blackpool calling...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Ah OK...*runs away in case he makes me a 'case study'

And....OH! OK!....Yes I have.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

You nutter!...Have enjoyed your sense of humour in other posts too!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm British. I'm also Scottish.

Currently residing/working in South West England.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ukania

.......and the result of your vote is.......

Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
From West Yorkshire here and due to anxiety and other problems meeting up is out of the question for me too.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Afternoon....Living up to your screen name?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Nah, been up a few hours (although that still qualifies as a long lie for me).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join