It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama’s Princeton Classmate Is Executive At Company That Built Obamacare Website

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

A little more info on the executives of CGI:

George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, CGI Federal’s parent company, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare website contract.

the daily caller

This information leads me to a theory. Perhaps, just maybe the Obamacare website was set up to fail by design.
I am of the opinion that Obama nor some Democrats want you or I to see just how much this new Affordable healthcare is actually going to cost. Ya see, if the Democrats plan to run on the success of this Act, in 2016. and we were to see how much money it was going to cost, there would be no chance that they would be re elected to office in the very new future. Furthermore, Obama would be seen as having lied and lied again regarding our health insurance coverage. People would begin screaming for his impeachment and would not cease until he was gone!!

Why would someone put Kathleen Sebelius, a woman whom has a track record as a failed website builder in charge overseeing this website?? It makes no sense to me unless it was planned from the get go!

What do you think ATS?

Thanks y'all,
Pax

edit on Sat Oct 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
S&F

Obviously there's a undertable handdown in there. What non-profit site costs that make to make?

I'd even go out on a limb and say if it's am male.. ahem nevermind

And speakin of hundreds of millions, its a former classmate of the Obama's who's the executive - what are the odds with over 300million Americans out there?!

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I find this most disturbing:

George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, CGI Federal’s parent company, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare website contract.

So basically CGI told Obama if you give us the $600 million - $1 Billion contract you get a big kickback in the form of campaign contributions. Talk about money laundering.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Not no damn coincidence, her friend is getting a big pay off for the website. Called a no bid contract.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The No bid contract does not surprise me, However, the money laundering, well that little piece dropped my jaw!!, To think how much more damage this husband and wife team can do to this country, sickens me! ENOUGH!!!!! Americans can NOT just sit by idly and do nothing!! Obama's healthcare mess is making Watergate not look so bad!

Pax

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I am the first person to point out partisan bias. However, in this case, no matter the source, the facts speak for themselves. The company responsible for a failed site and a waste of 90 million (the amount allocated directly to them) failed the exact same way in Canada with a 2 billion dollar gun registry.

A fine tooth comb should be stroked over Obama, any campaign contributions by this company, as well as any traceable kickbacks. They are in the habit of blowing government money, time to start checking invoices!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
so the plot thickens.....scary to think this is a designed fail........how many more fails will been seen in this presidents watch?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You raise a really good point.

Part of me wants to say that its the government, they never get anything right the first time so the website is exactly what we have come to expect from the government.

The other side of me says that if they are going to get something right, its going to be the screwing over of the people. With all their ineptitudes, they seem to be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the american public pretty consistently without much error.

I think given everything thats been pulled by this administration, and past administrations, this is most likely a well calculated move in a strategy we haven't quite figured out yet. Sometimes you have to sacrifice an important piece before you can make your final move. Lets just hope we catch wind that final move before its made.

DC

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

There may well be something fishy about this collegiate connection, but there's always been a lot of that.

What I am wondering is why this was a no-bid contract. I thought that sort of hinky crap wasn't being done anymore.

Also don't see why a Canadian company was chosen over an American one.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Just listening to obozo when he was "campaigning" the first time in 2007 - this man is a communist, or more importantly, the people behind putting him into office, are communist, and the destruction of the USA was their goal.

I even thought that they put him in so that hillary wouldn't go down in a huge defeat - because she is queen of the damned - and they could run her next time.

They are destroying america - and there is no difference between john mccain and obozo....

NWO. Complete destruction of the USA. And lining their own filthy pockets with insider trading and handing "jobs" to their friends and family - nepotism....

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Most people that have worked on IT contracts with the government know that they are one of the most difficult endeavors to pull of correctly. Many times, they are doomed from the very start due to some or all of the following:

-Favoritism given to friends and colleagues without demonstrated proficiency in the tasks required.
-Impossibly in-effective project management. (To many people in decision making process)
-Bidding process goes to lowest bidder, bidders cut corners and falsify requirements to get the jobs)
-In-fighting and finger pointing between contractors (Due to the poor project management)
-Unrealistic milestones and deadlines, usually not based upon reality, but rather politics.
-Cost over-runs (some actually criminal, others poor planning)
-Poor testing and quality control. Failure to consolidate and quantify testing compatible with requirements.

These are just the biggies, there is a lot more in the minutia.

Strategic web sites like the Obamacare Portal, should be allowed to outsource outside of a bidding process in my opinion. You contact companies like Amazon, Ebay, Facebook.... those that understand how to build high availability, transactional and database systems, because they have demonstrated that they can pull it off, you talk to them, and you offer one of them the job. Let them bring in the sub-contracting resources and manage the project. It would have been a beautiful thing, and it would have worked. (This last part IMHO)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hi Pax, nice to see you again.

Is this failure by design?
If you look at why things don't work then yes, it was because DHHS failed to test the various parts of the site together until just very recently not giving the programmers enough time to make fixes.
They were putting the pressure on to finish for political reasons - they wanted it done for Nov. elections and in their greed caused a chain reaction failure.
Surely they would have known beforehand the effects of their demands.

I'm with xDeadcowx on this one - I'm not quite sure of the reasoning behind it's failure yet. Like in chess you will sacrifice a piece for position and I think that is what we're seeing here. The big plans for why are as yet an unknown.

Hope all is well at your house.
Cheers,
ATA

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have been doing some digging, and what is interesting, is that all the executives of CGI were invited by personal and private invitation to meet with Vivek Kundra, the Chief Information Officer for the United States, under the Obama Administration in 2009, who is responsible for developing a method of Data Mining across Federal Agencies; and for inventing the best absolute cyber security around!

I will post the link in a minute...Could someone please do a little research on Vivek Kundra..I have found some things, but would appreciate another brain.....I believe this is so much bigger than we know!

Good to see you too, Animal! Hope all is well with you and the family...

PAx

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Here is the link to what I said in the above post stating the following:

In a related article by the Washington Examiner, it was reported on October 15, of this year, that CGI officials, before being given the contract for the website, had the benefit of high level access to White House officials, including addresses by Presi

digital journal

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
From his wikipedia page:

At age 21, Kundra was convicted of misdemeanor theft, having stolen a number shirts from a J. C. Penney store before fleeing from police in an unsuccessful attempt to evade arrest.[7]

Suspension:
On March 13, 2009, Kundra was placed on indefinite leave following an FBI raid on his former D.C. office and the arrest of two individuals in relation to a bribery investigation.[56][57] Kundra returned to duties after five days with no finding of wrongdoing on his part.

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I´ll take a look at this later more thoroughly, although just a few points.

1) CGI has been contracted by HHS since 2007, september, when Bush was still in Office.
docs.google.com...=0

As Kaitlin Devine at the Sunlight Foundation has noted, government spending is bundled into large contracts that last for years, making it difficult to pinpoint exactly what is spent for what project. For instance, CGI Federal, generally regarded as the main contractor for healthcare.gov, has one such contract that was signed three years before the Affordable Care Act was signed into law — and lasts until 2017.

www.washingtonpost.com...

2) I could not find much information on whether they were actual classmates. They both graduated in Princeton, 1985, although the Toni-Townes Whitley was in The Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, while Michelle Obama studied sociology in Princeton and minored in Black-American Studies.

The Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs (often truncated to Woodrow Wilson School or abbreviated WWS; known as "Woody Woo" or "The Woo' Woo' Schoo'" in campus slang) is a professional public policy school at Princeton University.

I am not sure whether, they were classmates or not. I do not know the structure in Princeton, but Woodrow Wilson School seems as separate unit at first look. There are 10s of thousands of students studying all kinds of different fields and it is very likely that they might not even know each other. At least I personally did not kniw possibly 95% of students in my much smaller university and I do not even know all the students studying my field in my year, as there were several groups.

Considering these and the fact that CGI was already in contracts with HHS before, this might easily be simply "imagining" the connected dots. Such news sell well, even if they are not really news.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

paxnatus
The No bid contract does not surprise me, However, the money laundering, well that little piece dropped my jaw!!, To think how much more damage this husband and wife team can do to this country, sickens me! ENOUGH!!!!! Americans can NOT just sit by idly and do nothing!! Obama's healthcare mess is making Watergate not look so bad!

Pax

uhmm. MONEY LAUNDERING??...I read the article, and don't see that...is that made up?... in the article, CGI was an approved contractor for the US government..1 of 16 approved during the bush administration to handle government work. look, i'm not happy with this BS website, but, it's not exactly the first time, or the tenth time, a roll-out of a brand new website glitched up.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I agree...cabin...this was a trusted US government contractor that already was doing business before the start of the ACA website roll-out. the OP suggests that this company was hand-picked by the Obamas for treasonous reasons. time after time, I find that if a do a little research, the right-wing is engaged in selective information production. again, I reiterate that i'm also not happy with the website roll-out, but, the snickering gleeful exhilaration of the right-wing, over this, furthers my belief, that if HHS had taken a few months to beta-test this with a sizable test-group of people, the right would have been throwing public temper tantrums on a daily basis....I mean, look at it now, can anyone imagine 3 solid months of this, as the beta-testing was being done?...the second problem with this is that there are democrats that knew this would be a big juicy bone for the right to chew on, and they were not heard.
edit on 26-10-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Oh and this gets even better. Remember the Sandy relief that hardly anyone has received yet? This company was also in charge of 1.7 billion of this.

The Associated Press revealed Tuesday that a mere $700 million of the $60 billion federal aid package – 1.2 percent of the total funds – has been given to victims of super storm Sandy. Nearly a year after the devastating storm, a majority of the 24,000 families that have requested monetary assistance have yet to receive a penny from the federal aid package.

Company behind Obamacare website in charge of nearly $2 billion in Sandy relief

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Where the hell is this all going to end???

There has always been coruption and mis-use of power in politics but this bunch is SO "in your face" that it's starting to feel like we're being bitch-slapped on a daily basis.

And I'm tried of getting smacked

I feel like the "power" is not only being abused but it's being FLAUNTED as if on a DARE that people oppose the the "rulers..."

Lots of articles out there about how this " phoney healthcare system" is NOT going to succeed and I am hoping it brings this whole bunch of blatent theives to their knees for a change.

Enough is enough.Bring it...game on.
edit on 26-10-2013 by irishchic because: spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join