It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning 2 X Flare Strike Earth!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

No storming. You aren't missing anything.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wonder if those flares can influence the weather patterns here on earth?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This might've already been addressed, I'll continue reading this thread, but I saw a lot of posts saying "This is not good" and so forth. It's not particularly good or bad either way. It heats the ionosphere, causing it to expand, which lowers the pressure and thus temperature of the biosphere. Moderate solar flarage is good, insane flares are not good (and they're rare). These are powerful, but good - the Earth has gotten very little over the last year so a couple of X-class flares is helpful. Not to mention, this is around the peak of the solar maximum, and the solar poles are reversing polarity (happens every 11 years roughly)(I think the northern one has flipped and now the southern one is due to).
edit on 27-10-2013 by Samtzurr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by snowspirit

The first CME will arrive late tomorrow or Sunday. Its density is estimated to be quite high but its velocity isn't. The real impact will depend on its magnetic orientation. If it takes a south turn it could result in strong geomagnetic storming.

Ok.......What does that mean to me? Will I be seeing northern lights or will the lights be blowing out. I heard back in the day a storm actually started telegraph wires on fire. And if it happened today it would be lights out for months if not years.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by f4andHALFtoads

I follow Suspicious0bserver's channel, let me look into that (the time between solar events and weather/geological events). I have heard that the Sun's and Earth's magnetic fields create connection points, which accelerate particles to extremely high speeds. They are highly unstable and yet particles can travel through them to Earth (93 million miles) during their short lives. So it must be very fast. It's the same principle that creates coronal hole streams. Two magnetic field lines of the umbral field curving away from each other, opening up, accelerating the particle stream that radiates between the field lines.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Some critical infrastructure is insulated against it. Some... military equipment.
Humans...

But yeah, everything else would have to be replaced.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Samtzurr

Good response, thanks Sam!

I looked into X-Point Portals as you suggested... NASA are sending 4 craft to study them out into space next year, 2014.

Also from Wikipaedia: Geomagnetic storm...
"It can be assumed that a massive coronal mass ejection (CME), associated with the flare, was launched from the Sun and reached the Earth within eighteen hours — a trip that normally takes three to four days."

So 93 million miles in 18 hours seems to be as fast as we could expect at the moment - be great to get Sus0's thoughts. You obviously follow him very closely.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

cheesy
Guys things getting bad right now..

Cheesy,

Look at the bright side. ( No pun intended )

If the earth gets hit with some super class flare from the sun, we won't have to worry about working, paying bills, and anymore responsibilities in life.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

tiremanken
keep em coming cheesy, i for one enjoy all your posts. your vigilance is to be commended!
ken

I concur! Keep them coming!!!
Guess the complainers haven't done their homework. Cheesy has some very nice feel-good post that they must have chosen not to read.
I really liked the one that showed all the preying mantis pictures.
Keep doing what you're doing, Cheesy!
Ms. Nugget

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I noticed a blood-red sky last night in the Chicago area. Have seen that a few times, always singers if it might be some weaker, more extended version of northern lights.

ETA- synchronicity? I just saw the post right above mentioned pic's of preying mantis, and lookey at my avatar! (At least as of this post's writing, a preying mantjs :-)
edit on 10/27/2013 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thank you Cheesy S and F. I will keep an eye out. Things seem to be really heating up.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

how many doom threads more?
seriously, every single flare, earthquake, meteor, comet, whatever - and there's a new thread about it, and it's almost always your thread.

how many threads on ISON alone? either use existing 'cumulative' threads, like those for earthquakes or space weather, or create your own, and stick to them.

seriously, i respect your work, but with all the respect, with every new thread about something that's entirely normal and that will have no consequence - or even will become a non-topic in a matter of days, you're making yourself look more and more like a resident ATS flag hunter. what's even worse, you already seem to have your bunch of 'yay! doom!' grouppies, keeping your threads alive instead of pointing you in the right direction.

do your research before creating yet another thread, and calm down. you're so excited about every single damn uninportant thing you post that it's no wonder it's all such a mess. think about it this way: some people use mostly (or only) recent list of threads, and every single unimportant thread that ends up there, throws out some other thread that may be actually more valuable. and you're the one creating one thread after another here, usually without any research whatsoever. go figure.

also, you were late.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

also, you were late.

wow the x flare explode around +- 1 Pm in the Afternoon How can she make a thread of two X flare in 11:25 AM ??
wth?? he have no source too..are she just predict or?

Thank all of you so much for responding with such great info.
I'm at work and had just a minute to get the thread started .
My Solar watch app lit up like a Xmas tree and I wanted
our resident Solar experts to educate us.
I for one (in my very amateur solar studies) am somewhat
curious about coronal hole streams CME's and Filament eruptions
effecting not only terrestrial weather but maybe a little shaking as well.

she have a solar watch aplication? what aplication? i want to
..wow
edit on 27-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Guys Another X flare! the 3rd !

ANOTHER X-FLARE: Earth-orbiting satellites detected an X1-class solar flare from sunspot AR1875 on Oct. 28th at 0203 UT. This is the 3rd X-flare since Oct. 25th, which means solar activity is still high. Stay tuned for more information about the latest eruption.

spaceweather.com...
edit on 27-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

cheesy
Guys Another X flare! the 3rd !

ANOTHER X-FLARE: Earth-orbiting satellites detected an X1-class solar flare from sunspot AR1875 on Oct. 28th at 0203 UT. This is the 3rd X-flare since Oct. 25th, which means solar activity is still high. Stay tuned for more information about the latest eruption.

spaceweather.com...

Heya Cheesy... I notice you're using Space Weather a lot. Nothing wrong with that at all, of course, and I use it myself. If you hadn't seen this though, I have another site you may be interested in adding to your growing collection.

SolarHam

Now I'll warn ya, they can be a little bad about overstating things sometimes. Making it sound a bit more than it actually is ..but very often that isn't SolarHam near as much as they are simply relaying the statements from NASA, JPL and others.

However, there isn't much for real time or near real time feeds related to our Sun that SolarHam doesn't have somewhere in there.

*I just noticed your edit with images that stamp SolarHam on the source... If you already use that site, I'll just leave this here for someone else who may not know about it.

edit on 27-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

dogstar23
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I noticed a blood-red sky last night in the Chicago area. Have seen that a few times, always singers if it might be some weaker, more extended version of northern lights.

ETA- synchronicity? I just saw the post right above mentioned pic's of preying mantis, and lookey at my avatar! (At least as of this post's writing, a preying mantjs :-)
edit on 10/27/2013 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

I too saw the blood red and orange sunset from just south of you in Indy area. I just posted photos. It was unbelievable! www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-10-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

The second photo you posted best describes what I saw. The only difference is, farther to the left of your second photo described how red the sky was. There was absolutely no blue and some yellow orange. Then again, I was in my car driving east and looking through my rear view mirror. The last time I saw the sky that color was about 2 or 3 months before the San Gabriel mountains caught fire and the last big quake we had here in Los Angeles.

I'm not trying to promote doom and gloom, but with the oarfish surfacing deceased on our local beaches (2 in total and greatly hyped by local news mostly) my eyes are more wide open to possibilities of natural disaster (depends on my mood that week).

On a more positive note, we will finally see some rain and that's Super Awesome!!!

Oarfish
edit on 10/28/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

so the sun farted again. yay.
now what? no doom? no ISON tail getting ignited by it, wrecking havok? no Nibiru hiding behind the flare?

what's the point then?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

jedi_hamster
reply to post by cheesy

so the sun farted again. yay.
now what? no doom? no ISON tail getting ignited by it, wrecking havok? no Nibiru hiding behind the flare?

what's the point then?
what's the point of imagination and creativity? Without it would man have started the first fire?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

People will fight to say that they do not but I know they do. Storms like what we are seeing int he UK are typical, patterns of past large xclass have been harbingers of tornadoes and straight line winds here in the Midwest every time. I do not know why book knowledge drives people so far from the truth but it does. As a farmer, as a person who lives weather, there is a connection. Note where the flares came from and the direction they went this time compared to other times because like I said we here in the US typically get the brunt of it but this time it is overseas.
edit on 28-10-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join