It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Alert System (EAS) Testing increasing? Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Last week I was at work for a Night shift and was listening to coast to coast on the radio and a test interupted the show, at like 1:13 am. The weird part was this was a test of the emergency broadcast system originated by a counties sherrif dept about 40 miles North of the city the station is in. I have never heard the sherrifs dept mentioned in one before, and certainly from a different county, in a different state. Also, they dont usually interupt a show in progress right? Thought is was kind of Odd.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

Crazy isn't it? I've really come to think this is by design, entirely deliberate and with a specific purpose in mind.

Especially the myriad of these seemingly popping off on cable channels late at night now, I think it's getting that tone heard by as many, as often as possible.

After all, that is a tone that grates ..and for a good % of the population, it goes back to a time and a meaning that resonates on a visceral level. After all, in the 80's that tone was the last thing we'd ever likely see or hear of a civilized and organized Government for the coming weeks if not months ..if ever. That, being the final or first/last warnings of impending nuclear strike, inbound and xx minutes to reach civil defense shelters in whatever area you'd find yourself at the time.

I can't help but think it had just as visceral an impact on everyone else too, for other reasons. Tornado, Hurricane, train wreck... We've all had something in life (generally) where that's popped for real.

So what does it do to our minds by subconsciously hearing it frequently? Nothing profound. I do think it helps maintain a low, steady and never ending level of agitation and stress though. The population is stressed in a chronic and deliberate way I've never seen before. I don't know why...but our leadership wants us on the edge of going off, all the time right now.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
We get these EAS tests multiple times a day (and night) down here in the Tampa region. I've always found it peculiar when they run the eastern seaboard alert test 3 or 4 times day on top of the normal localized EAS testing. Neither are "monthly tests" with that kind of frequency

My husband isn't normally one to think like this, but even he agrees it's almost like they're trying to desensitize us to it. If that's not it, they really need to get their crap together and stick to the 1-day a month day-time test, and sync altered systems & new equipment in the overnight hours like I remember them doing when I was a kid.
edit on 10/26/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I do think it helps maintain a low, steady and never ending level of agitation and stress though. The population is stressed in a chronic and deliberate way I've never seen before. I don't know why...but our leadership wants us on the edge of going off, all the time right now.

Ahh, the intentioned, induced stress conspiracy. The "little things" that aggravate.

I get that. When you're in traffic with a whole slug of cars approaching a light and it turns red just as you all get there, making everyone wait for the cross traffic that doesn't exist? We can put a probe around Pluto but can't program a smart traffic computer?

Or the manufacturer's nylon tag at the nape of the neck in T shirts. It rasps you there at the back of the neck all_day_long. You itch and scratch at it but it won't go away.

My favorite though is leaving the TV on at night and awaking in the wee hours to Infomercials barking at you to buy their stupid ass stuff. You growl as you dig for the remote...
edit on 26-10-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

antar
What gets me are the blips I catch about it being for the President to make special/emergency announcements.

Ok, I for one have not seen one yet, lately, but when I hear the tones, I stop what I'm doing to see what it says.

I think if I were to see one that says what you posted, it would do more than raise an eyebrow.

Like someone else said, It's probably to condition us to it, so when the real deal goes down, not too many people will pay attention.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I think there is actually a lot of truth to how the environment around us impacts us as we sleep. I used to leave the TV on and sleep to the Cable News channels, since they are among the few things that never goes to Infomercials. Then I dropped that when I largely dropped TV based news of any kind, nearly a year ago. I found my dreams are more pleasant and I remember more of them, too. I wonder if I was blocking some what I didn't even remember in the past, as the dreams inspired by background of CNN or Fox were rarely pretty. It just took cutting out the toxic Cable TV propaganda for other reasons, to realize..WHOA! That garbage is acid to the brain...awake or asleep.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Lots of EAS testing today. Police are doing strange things too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join