It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Can Tell Your Ethnicity From The Germs In Your Mouth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Science //
Every human mouth is unique. In each, a diverse microbial community thrives, in the spit, the plaque, and under the gums. The bacterial cocktail is a little different for everyone. It seems that genetics may play a large role in determining what kind of communities you're carrying around between your teeth, though. A new study from The Ohio State University suggests that different ethnicities have distinct oral bacterial profiles, a finding that could influence the treatment of oral diseases

Scientists Can Tell Your Ethnicity From The Germs In Your Mouth

Wow this is pretty neat had no idea such a thing is possible.
Things make you wonder if this is possible what can the other things do that are all hidden.
Amazing dont you thing guys.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
But we are all the same on the inside right? Until I get sickle cell, wrong!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by breadinspector

Are there germs that every humans have?

This is fascinating!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

bitsforbytes

This is fascinating!

this certainly blows hole through vaccines been useful imo, different strains of disease for different people, vaccines dont work period

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

breadinspector
vaccines dont work period

Have you ever asked people if they have any proof that the vaccine they just had, actually works?
It's really funny watching their expression LOL
Try it, you can see the cogs slowly turning

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I wouldn't say that they don't work period, but in my opinion I would definitely say the possibility of adverse effects is much higher than the majority of people anticipated.

That particular aspect shouldn't be spectacularly surprising to the average ATS user but this will hopefully send shock waves throughout the world.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That only works if you don't kiss someone. I'm sure there is a little blending of microbes in that case.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by crawley

Who told you we are all the same inside?

And for the people asking how vaccines work. It's actually pretty simple - weakened or dead pathogenic particles are introduced into the body such that the body's (adaptive) immune system recognizes them and generates antibodies in order to terminate infections with said pathogen before they become symptomatic. That's the basic explanation.

In fact, people have been practicing a form of immunization (called variolation) for about a millenia en.wikipedia.org...

Guess the gears in their heads were spinning somewhat faster than some of the posters in this thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I wonder if the researchers involved with this study observed a close scrutiny of the subjects' food types and sources. The article stated that "African American, Caucasian, Latino and Chinese" were examined.

On average, Chinese people will buy their groceries at a "Chinese store", in order to find the proper ingredients for their ethnic meals. On average, the same goes for Latinos, who will shop at ethnic "Latino stores" to gather their favored ingredients.

We're talking about vastly different herbs, spices, vegetables, fruits, different sources of meat, and different mixtures of ingredients. I'm just curious if this was taken into consideration with the other data. Because, on average, "Chinese people eat Chinese food", "Latino people eat Latino food", etc.

Interesting findings nonetheless! Thanks for highlighting the study.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

breadinspector

bitsforbytes

This is fascinating!

this certainly blows hole through vaccines been useful imo, different strains of disease for different people, vaccines dont work period

We should sack all doctors immediately, and you should be our new doctor.

You seem to know all these things. And they've just gotten them wrong for thousands of years.

Why are you not in some castle?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

winofiend

breadinspector

bitsforbytes

This is fascinating!

We should sack all doctors immediately, and you should be our new doctor.

You seem to know all these things. And they've just gotten them wrong for thousands of years.

Why are you not in some castle?

We should mate, we should i prescribe to Ayurveda and am much of a healer unlike the charlatans you trust with your health who are all in bed with the big pharmaceutical companies and whos only motive is lining their pockets with money paid by a sick population.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Well, if it had not been for the stunning skills of the doctors at Great Ormond Street children's hospital, my best friend would be dead. She was born, basically with an inside out stomach. Don't know too many shamans, herbalists and other BS merchants who would have been able to solve that. Twenty eight years later, she's still walking around, in fine fettle.

Perhaps thinking just a little bit before you utter your genius to the world would be a plan?Just a thought. Obviously I, a lowly pleb, would not dare to instruct such a genius as yourself.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

TrueBrit

Well, if it had not been for the stunning skills of the doctors at Great Ormond Street children's hospital, my best friend would be dead. She was born, basically with an inside out stomach. Don't know too many shamans, herbalists and other BS merchants who would have been able to solve that. Twenty eight years later, she's still walking around, in fine fettle.

Perhaps thinking just a little bit before you utter your genius to the world would be a plan?Just a thought. Obviously I, a lowly pleb, would not dare to instruct such a genius as yourself.

calm down mate theres no way for me to verify your story to prove thats its true for all i know ur friend could be made up

plus there are many surgeries mentioned in the ayerveda
get ur facts straight mate

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Does this mean they will find out the p-o-t-u-s is mulatto?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

My facts are so straight, that I do not use "ur" instead of "your" when trying to comment on serious matters. This is not a text message center.

And I am very sure there are all sorts of surgeries mentioned in your particular doctrine, however you should not poo poo modern medicine just because you have an alternative approach. Modern medicine saves lives, period. Like all medicine, sometimes it simply fails, and that is tragic, but its failures do not invalidate its successes.

As for my friend, you can believe me or not. Frankly speaking, your contribution so far leads me to believe that your opinion of my honesty is hardly worthy of my concern.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

This is from Ohio State University. Ohio! You know they're all inbred out there. Study debunked.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

breadinspector

bitsforbytes

This is fascinating!

Actually this has nothing to do with vaccines since we have no vaccines for the germs they are talking about. Maybe you should try re-reading without bias, you might learn something.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Mulatto? Since this is America and his mother identifies as 'white' and father as 'black' to American society, isn't he biracial?

I mean, he claims to be 'black', not biracial

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Mulatto? Since this is America and his mother identifies as 'white' and father as 'black' to American society, isn't he biracial?

Mulatto

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

TrueBrit

My facts are so straight, that I do not use "ur" instead of "your" when trying to comment on serious matters. This is not a text message center.

And I am very sure there are all sorts of surgeries mentioned in your particular doctrine, however you should not poo poo modern medicine just because you have an alternative approach. Modern medicine saves lives, period. Like all medicine, sometimes it simply fails, and that is tragic, but its failures do not invalidate its successes.

As for my friend, you can believe me or not. Frankly speaking, your contribution so far leads me to believe that your opinion of my honesty is hardly worthy of my concern.

im not the one using ad hominem attacks over ur fictionaly mates operation there, an inside out stomach LOL have u any idea how ridicouls you sound, do u even read what you type?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join