It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Blackout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Friendly reminder this show is on tonight at 9pm est on NatGeo.

It's like I do not want to watch it.. but feel I owe it to myself to see how realistic they make it.

Plus, I want to see if they use any significant or odd dates.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I watched the first hour with my 91 year old Dad.

He was coughing enough, I felt I needed to leave as the stress of the topic and my being in his quarters contributes to more coughing for him. He's on oxygen.

I thought it was a rather mild to moderate wake-up call the first hour.

I'm curious what the folks in the elevator ended up doing. And I was puzzled why they "couldn't" 'merely' force the door open and crawl out onto a floor. Most elevator doors can be forced open in such an emergency. The risk is to avoid getting cut in half if the elevator suddenly descends. In that scenario, I'd think the likelihood that the elevator would suddenly get power and go anywhere was nil. Particularly given the length of the power outage and nature of it. But they might not have known that. Still . . . after that many hours--it's somewhat logical . . . that such a risk of getting cut in half by a suddenly moving elevator was quite low.

The Penthouse couple were cast plenty pathetic.

It was interesting how they cast so many kids taking such assertive and 'heroic' reporting actions. Also, that their devices' batteries had such long lives. LOL.

I wonder if there will be a run on solar panels on Amazon.com the next 48 hours.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I am watching it again to catch some things I may have missed first run, then I will make judgement on whole thing.. but I can say this, they definitely made a big deal of the amount of weapons out there in America.

I foresee a bigger stance on gun control and voluntary turn-in drives for benefits in the coming days or weeks.

That is the biggest thing I am taking from this one so far.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Wellll the agenda of the globalists toward gun control certainly makes sense as one of the primary purposes of the special. They founded the Nat Geo . . . and have populated its Board of Directors from the beginning.

They also seem to do plenty to ridicule preppers as some level of unpatriotic unkind evil crazies to be looked down on . . . when the opposite is truer.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by Philippines

I've sometimes wondered . . . if God periodically reboots the earth . . . taking the surviving humans back to basic farming levels and hand tools . . . or maybe even more basic . . . hunter gatherers.

It seems to me that EVERYTHING is grist for the mill of learning

RELATIONSHIPS AND FOUNDATIONAL ETERNAL GODLY VALUES.

Everything else is details serving those priorities.

In terms of this era . . . Armageddon will be a muti-millenia fulcrum point. Many things leading up to the literal Armageddon will be new levels of evil and devastation never seen before and not to be seen after ever again.

And after Armageddon . . . it's hard to imagine what a thousand years of perfect peace under THE KING OF KINGS; PRINCE OF PEACE will be like.

I know it won't be boring . . . it will be fun and glorious . . . for those who Love God. Seriously evil doers will be removed from the planet . . . if not all evil doers.

Should be very interesting.

I believe in something like your "reboot" statement. I do think the Earth goes through humanity cycles. Each cycle either killed themselves or figured out how to leave the planet and continue life elsewhere. It could help to explain the out of place artifacts found in unexpected places.

As for removing all of the serious evil doers, that is getting harder by the day as TPBP continue to put the squeeze on taxpayers, pushing them to make decisions that may not be "good".

On the blackout part though, humans should not need electricity to live. Everyone should be prepared or able to survive without electricity indefinitely. It's part of being human =)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Thx for your kind reply and good points.

Certainly the PTB . . . are ruthless, cynical, destructive to the max, etc.

Will be interesting to see if the manipulation of the viewership was as calculated by the propagandizing PTB.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

We got hit for a ten day period during what seemed like a mini ice age and really it was almost enjoyable. We do have wood heat and had plenty of food, so it was alright. It does make the family draw closer together and kids take their cues from parents so with even a little preparedness kids are far more resilient during an emergency as long as they know that they will be safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is my first post at this site I have been lurking for a little while. I saw the show I actually watched it twice in one night. Seems very real to me and quite scary. The whole thing only lasted about 10 days but within the first 2 days people started to panic. I think all of us at one time have experienced a blackout but nothing like this. We have never experienced a nationwide blackout. Trucks couldn't get in with food gas stations shut down ect. It was do to a terror attack online which they say is very easy to do since we have a very weak power grid. After 4 or 5 days president declared martial law. To me this is a very real threat and people should be prepared even if it's only bottled water and canned foods they stock up on people should start stocking up on stuff.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I watched it and thought it was a very mild representation of what might occur. I think martial law would have been invoked first night and rioting would have occurred right off the bat in major cities culminating in them burning completely out of control by second or third day. Transformer fires were realistic especially considering the rapid phase cycling shown prior to full outage, when power is interrupted to transformers the magnetic field collapse generates very high voltage spikes which jump internal insulation.

The show was a bit unrealistic in representing much more LE presence than could ever be provided in a real case and is much of the reason I think events would accelerate far faster than shown.

The so-called prepper shown also was "dumbed down" in an effort to make it seem they were more vulnerable than they would be in true life, no warning noise makers deployed, kid patrolling at night instead of dad and of course none of the women were watching camera system nor were radios used for early alerts to the team. Stupid.

The elevator people never tried search for tools of any kind to breakdown door to stairs from roof even though there was huge amount of mechanical equipment located on roof from which to choose from.

The only plausible representation was the "high rise" couple who were basically helpless and ignorant of any means of survival.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Oh thats just lovely...'.not available in my area'.....do you have a youtube link for that?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

palmalBlue2

Oh thats just lovely...'.not available in my area'.....do you have a youtube link for that?

There was a full movie link on youtube, but it was recently taken down.

The show airs again tonight on Natgeo at 7pm est. if you can catch it there.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue2

Do a search on some of the other forums and you should still be able to download it no problem...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

palmalBlue2

Found it on youtube.com last night. Here's the link:

edit on 10/30/2013 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
only watched a bit so far - but as for "realism "- the west coast and texas could have implemented voluntary outages to leave their networks rebootable - but that would have been far less dramatic - as unaffected areas can aid the east coast

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

TwiTcHomatic
As most of you have probably seen by now, National Geographic is airing a 2 hour movie/docudrama about what would/will happen if the grid went down in the states.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

It feels like crazy timing with all that is going on in the world.. CME's/potential grid problems/shutdown etc.

The tinfoil hat nut in me feels like it is ominous foreshadowing and maybe even a warning to prepare for real right now.

Then again, maybe it is just a ratings grab to go along with the "prepper" programming that has been shoved down our throats as of late.

Either way.. it just feels odd for the timing.

The Cable Networks History Channel TLC (the non-learning Channel) and Discovery have all had a mocumentary based on What If's scenarios. Not much new it is what sells. Fear Sells just like sex!

That said, it never hurts to be prepared for any major events!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I want 1 hour , 27 min , 44 seconds of my life back - that's the most polite thing I can say about it

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
2003 blackout affected 45 million people in 8 states primary cause was a software bug in the alarm system 10 million people in Canada also affected. I'm prepared.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join