It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The plant still emits 10 million becquerels per hour into the atmosphere, according to Tepco"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
re singing whales not singing
radiation destroys higher brain function
like the kind whales need to talk or sing with

watch for crazy people behavior in the affected areas too I guess

(post by Snarl removed for a manners violation)
(post by Human0815 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lurker1

We can discuss the Topic/s but i don't need to get called "Shill"
this is abusive only!

Why are so many People unable to discuss this Topic,
all i said that 10 Mio Bq is Peanuts,
do you even know how small a Bq is

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lurker1

"downplay the folly of the Japanese in building multiple nuclear reactors on a major fault line? "

the Japanese (CORPORATIONS/AMERICAN),,ONE ,,multiple nuclear reactors ,,on a fault line they did not know existed at the time.,,other than that,,

the Japanese protested vigouirsoly,,,and loudly,,but respectfully,,at the time,,when the MOX,,was being shipped to Japan,,,there are pictures,,,yup,,they even had colour wayyyy back then,,and protests,,but,,hey,,

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
post US American survivalists pls take note:
26 ge plants just like fuk u shima in the US
all on water systems and faultlines too I bet

back in the day engineers quit rather then work on the fuku design...they knew it was bogus from day one

(Reuters) - A General Electric Co engineer said he resigned 35 years ago over concern about the safety of a nuclear reactor design used in the now crippled Fukushima Daiichi plant in Japan.
www.reuters.com...

Engineers Knew Fukushima Might Be Unsafe, But Covered It Up …
And Now the Extreme Vulnerabilty of NEW U.S. Plants Is Being Covered Up
www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 26-10-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

And all use Canadian Yellow Cake or normal Uranium Ore!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by Lurker1

this is abusive only!

Do you deny Fukushima is contaminating the planet? Do you deny it will continue to do so for centuries?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

no nigerian yellow cake?
fukushima was loaded with plutonium from US weapons

Nuclear Expert: Plutonium from Fukushima in Pacific fish presents health risk — Study: “Long-distance transport” of Fukushima-sourced plutonium should be addressed

enenews.com... tonium-should-be-addressed
I had supervising nuclear engineer in the family (ret)(RIP)
the reality has been carefully explained to me

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Lurker1

Human0815
reply to post by Lurker1

this is abusive only!

Do you deny Fukushima is contaminating the planet? Do you deny it will continue to do so for centuries?

Do i?

Please show me where i done this!

I am not responsible for your Interpretation,
this happen in your Head, not mine!

What i say is that many People are (deadly) wrong and it is stupid
to look for Fukushima only!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I will agree with "not just fukushima only"
every nuke plant is a homer simpson

not to mention the medical, weapons, and similar wastes...etc

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Snarl
On the charts I've reviewed, Hawaii sits directly between the ocean's path of flow and Kali. While I have a hard time getting my mind around a direct oceanic flow : Japan -> Hawaii -> West Coast USA : I'll go with NOAA for now. Remember the molasses spill in Hawaii? Does that one have coverup/false flag written all over it yet? What about these mysterious sea creatures beaching themselves on the shores of Kalifornia? First Hawaii ... now Kali? Hmmmm ...

And yet I have friends there, who are required to take background radiation readings as part of their job, and the levels are no higher today than they were when I left 7 years ago.

As for the Molasses spill, that was in Honolulu Harbor, nowhere else. There has been no die off, they are seeing nothing unusual as far as the ocean goes. They have friends that are spear fishermen, who don't report seeing anything unusual. So apparently it's hitting California, but completely bypassed Hawaii, despite, as you say, Hawaii being right in the path of it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Danbones

I will agree with "not just fukushima only"
every nuke plant is a homer simpson

not to mention the medical, weapons, and similar wastes...etc

I would make it even bigger, the whole Human Load is to much,
Hormones, Herbicides, Pesticides, Fertilizer, Dioxins, Heavy Metals,
ah the whole Load is too much.

I am very surprised that we still had Fish anyway,
i grow up in the Eighties and it was bad already
and we saw Mass-Die-Offs en massè

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Total Bq Cesium137 released thus far:

13,600,000,000,000,000 Bq 13.6x10^15 (13PBq)

Volume of Pacific in liters:

7,700,000,000,000,000,000,000 liters 77x10^20

One disintegration per 600,000 liters
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Zaphod58
And yet I have friends there, who are required to take background radiation readings as part of their job, and the levels are no higher today than they were when I left 7 years ago.

Good to know there's nothing of note in terms of background radiation. As cesium 137 is basically a salt, I would expect the amount of water between Japan and Hawaii would allow it to dilute to almost unreadable levels based on the reported volumes of water being released by TEPCO. I know pretty much nothing of how it would re-concentrate in the food chain, so let's hope that's not where your sources need to be looking.

Zaphod58
As for the Molasses spill, that was in Honolulu Harbor, nowhere else. There has been no die off, they are seeing nothing unusual as far as the ocean goes. They have friends that are spear fishermen, who don't report seeing anything unusual.

Hawaii was my retirement assignment in '98. I did a lot of recreational diving and an occasional attempt at spear fishing as well, until I decided it was time to rejoin the workforce. There weren't a lot of fish to find around Oahu, except around the vent at Electric Beach. I used to clean barnacles off the big boats in Honolulu Harbor, and was kind of taken back by how many fish were reported as floaters. The whole time I was wet there, the only fish I ever saw were two barracuda. This being ATS, I'm not giving up my conspiracy theory on that one ... even if it is a stretch -grin-.

Zaphod58
So apparently it's hitting California, but completely bypassed Hawaii, despite, as you say, Hawaii being right in the path of it.

I think the forecast for waterborne contamination on the West Coast is 2014. Again, the dilution factor ...

This whole fiasco isn't going to be felt for years, but it's not going away unless Japan gets serious about a solution now.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

But at the same time, people are already claiming that animal problems in California are being caused by Fukushima. So somehow the radiation completely bypassed Hawaii.

As for the Cesium, you'll see some in the food chain, but I wouldn't think it would reach dangerous levels. As you said, it's going to be so diluted that even the fish that eat the smaller critters that would have some in their system aren't going to be getting a large dose of it.

We'll see this for years to come, but it's not going to be an earth shattering event as so many claim it is or will be.
edit on 10/26/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Zaphod58
But at the same time, people are already claiming that animal problems in California are being caused by Fukushima. So somehow the radiation completely bypassed Hawaii.

No telling what went up in the air. I'm sure that was worse. As this thread states, it's about what's going up into the atmosphere. When Chernobyl blew ... me, my daughter, and my dad all lost thyroid function within six months of one another. Too much of a coincidence to not look for something to blame that on. Guess the Russians are getting the blame whether they like it or not.

Zaphod58
As for the Cesium, you'll see some in the food chain, but I wouldn't think it would reach dangerous levels. As you said, it's going to be so diluted that even the fish that eat the smaller critters that would have some in their system aren't going to be getting a large dose of it.

We'll see this for years to come, but it's not going to be an earth shattering event as so many claim it is or will be.

Time's gonna tell on that one, brother. If Chernobyl (relatively short duration) could affect people worldwide without a pronounced effect, no telling what Fuku (lengthy duration) will ultimately be responsible for.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

But if it was in the air, it would have affected Hawaii too. Maybe not as bad, but enough to see an increase in background at least.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

It is a big and common Mistake to think that Chernobyl stopped
to release Radiation in a massive Scale, in fact it still have nearly
the whole Core, that was not burned, outside in the open Environment!

You are able to collect Fuel Fragments around Reactor Nr. 4 of the
Chernobyl Plant, all you need is a good Eye or a simple Geiger-Counter,
look at Radiation Watch 2013 Thread where i linked a Bionerd23 Video
from the Ukraine!

They had done not much in Soviet Russia,
in my opinion they just killed the People but not much more!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join