It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14yo murders his math teacher, then has Wendy's with her credit card

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

OrphanApology

However, do you think a lot of the violence now is the fact that teens have no job prospects and aren't learning trades?

At 13 and 14?

Either way overall violence has actually decreased among all age groups except young black men, against other young black men. Whatever violence is or is not in schools, overall it has dramatically decreased since the data has been compiled.

I agree but it seems we are getting these single cases of young kids just going over the top lately. That part is what I want to focus on.

1. Is it meds?
2. Is it computer games?
3. Is it a poor home life?
4. Is it no leadership in our schools?
5. Is it the crappy food they eat?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
man, I think only 2 posts of out this whole thread is on topic with the case. Do you mind?, would someone follow up and find out more information, or make your thread and rant and rave about kids these days. Geeze. Ridiculous it has even gotten this far.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

What do you remember doing at that age? Me, it was girls, experimenting with altered states of consciousness(sometimes to the point of unconsciousness), mowing lawns and shoveling snow for pocket change, girls, playing war and manhunt, hunting, playing hockey, martial arts, hunting, and trying to fit in some schoolwork in there. Maybe we were just way too busy to go on rampages? I know I thought about going on rampages a few times.
edit on Sat, 26 Oct 2013 01:45:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Xtrozero

What do you remember doing at that age? Me, it was girls, experimenting with altered states of consciousness(sometimes to the point of unconsciousness), mowing lawns and shoveling snow for pocket change, girls, playing war and manhunt, hunting, playing hockey, martial arts, hunting, and trying to fit in some schoolwork in there. Maybe we were just way too busy to go on rampages? I know I thought about going on rampages a few times.
edit on Sat, 26 Oct 2013 01:45:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

To be honest I just do not see the stressors that people say kids have today. I think it is that we are raising kids on extreme ends.

1. The bubble boy: Many kids go through life now that are told they are the best and one day they find out they are not the best. Very little parental control and the kids can never do wrong. I really keep my kids firm on the earth, when they suck I let them know it and when they do good I do the same. Also my wife does not work and we have full parental involvement in all aspects of my kid’s life. I think in this scenario we find the high use of prescription meds in kids.

2. Kids raising kids: I see this a lot today, both parents work and the, as example: ten, eight and four year old are alone in the house every night. No one there until later and it shows. This is how kids can build pipe bombs in their garage and dad never knows, and people ask how can that happen?

3. The true dysfunctional, monsters creating monsters: This is also on the rise where the family is truly broken and that can turn kids into monsters. In the first two scenarios the family does not necessary need to also be dysfunctional.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join