It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers down

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

You know I completely disagree with you.

BUT I respect the fact that you at least had the balls to outright say (and understand) that you advocate dehumanizing cops. I cant nor no I want to understand the rational behind that....but its yours and I will leave you to it.

You seem to think that by adding verbose and intellectualized arguments that you somehow justify the less than fair treatment of fellow humans based on their profession. That is a pretty weak mindset too. Food for thought for you as well.

Also, enjoy the star one of these gems gave you without even reading your post. No way they read it...it was pretty long and it was instantly up there....got to love the mob mentality..

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Does anyone know what's happening with this incident now?

This thread has been derailed by a little bunch of anti Police losers who have ganged up to bully one person. You all need to go off together, make your own little thread and feed off each others hatred.

Anyway, back to the incident.............anyone with an update?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

I am not qualified to make that diagnosis...I am however qualified to my opinion and that remains....take your meds and go to bed..

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

You just can't seem to understand this so I'll speak in small words to avoid anything too "intellectual".
Insulting others IS dehumanizing another person whether you are capable of admitting it or not.
This is not semantics.
This is a psychological fact.

-Amitaba-

edit on 26-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

*semantics

that may be a fact to you,....but no where is it "psychological" fact. The study of the mind has little to do with the definition of a word. For that we have dictionaries.

And no.

de·hu·man·ize (d-hym-nz)
tr.v. de·hu·man·ized, de·hu·man·iz·ing, de·hu·man·iz·es
1. To deprive of human qualities such as individuality, compassion, or civility: slaves who had been dehumanized by their abysmal condition.
2. To render mechanical and routine.

in·sult (n-slt)
v. in·sult·ed, in·sult·ing, in·sults
v.tr.
a. To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness. See Synonyms at offend.
b. To affront or demean: an absurd speech that insulted the intelligence of the audience.
2. Obsolete To make an attack on.
v.intr. Archaic
1. To behave arrogantly.
2. To give offense; offend: a speech that was intended to insult.

EDIT:
and with that I am done-

This case, for once on topic.....

suspect captured UNINJURED. Will see his day in court thanks to some fine police officers risking their ass while we type away like sticky fingered kids in the comfort of our homes.

hold it down.

edit on 10 26 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Psychological abuse of people that includes any verbal or non-verbal act which undermines their sense of dignity or self-worth and threatens their psychological well-being. Emotional abuse of people includes any verbal or non-verbal act that undermines a persons sense of dignity or self-worth and threatens their emotional well-being. Any attempt to demoralize, DEHUMANIZE or intimidate others is abuse. Psychological and emotional abuse may include:

•shouting and bullying
•INSULTS OR NAME CALLING
•threats of violence or abandonment
•intimidation or BELITTLING
•humiliation
•HARASSMENT
•treating an older person like a child
•ignoring the person or isolating them from his or her family, friends, or regular activities
•inappropriately infringing on their privacy

Funny...I must have the "teacher's edition".

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
maybe this guy was the husband of that nurse that was beaten and arrested for doing her job......maybe he was a bit crankey and decided enough is enough and he was going to return the aggression ....

yes I know just conjecture....the police are out of control yet the media focus on an individual for his behaviour...why not the police?

on a side note tadaman you love to defend the corrupt police actions maybe you should leave the bottleshop and sign up for a job with your beloved boys in blue you seem to fit the profile......
edit on 26-10-2013 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: poor spelling

The guy already had criminal history and was on parole, before shooting the cops, he was already wanted b for an incident involving knife, according to his family members. First he shot IDE officer and fleed to the house where he took hostages nd from where he shot three other police officers. Whom should the media focus on then?

Why do you have to generalise like that?

Of course there are corrupt cops, just like there are corrupt people in nearly any fielld, just there are good people in every field. There are many-many honest police officers who believe in what they are doing is for the good of society, who went to the field for doing something worthy - catching the bad guys, solving crime etc. They have families at home and still they risk their lives trying to catch criminals, who at least in US have usually firearms which makes it even more dangerous.

You seem to generalising your opinion on the police officers, based on the corrupt one, while possibly there are far more not-corrupt ones. It can be compared to having a couple of bad teachers,who do not do their job well and then generalising it towards every teacher and saying its worthless job. The media tends to focus on the negative, as it sells. When someone is good at what they do, they get no attention compared to the caught corrupt ones. There are good ones, one´s who don´t care much about their job and the corrupt ones, but the media talks only about the corrupt ones and you are basing your opinion around them.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

jam321
I'm wondering why they didn't go in with all that free military hardware they been getting from DHS.

Got a feeling this guy ain't coming out alive.

Peace

Agreed.

The seriousness of this situation warrants at least a couple passes with a warthog. Maybe a jdam too as a cherry on top. After all, we can't be too careful.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
What I don't understand is this specific element on ATS ,"Their are bad cops and because their are bad cops all cops are bad and because all cops are bad it is not possible for anyone but a cop to be a criminal. "

See that man over there, he beat up an old man and shot a woman. It's ok.. He was stressed, didn't have enough money in life, insert some other weak justification here.

See that police officer over there, he beat up an old man and shot a woman.. BURN HIM! every cop ever in the history of the world past or future is corrupt.

I do not think their is anyone anywhere that wont say that some LEOs are horrible, power hungry, evil, violent , terrible bastards..If their is someone like that then that person is blind. The refusal by some here to believe that a criminal is a criminal and should be held accountable for their actions is comical. Don't get me wrong..I think a cop or really anyone in power that does the wrong thing should face stiffer penalties then a normal person. They have the dedicated and special responsibility of doing what is right for the average person so for them to abuse that needs to be harshly dealt with. For example if a cop turns on red where that is prohibited vs an average driver then the officer needs to pay a few extra tickets for sure.

I can sit here and watch people from the safe confines of their house behind their monitor call cops pigs, be glad they got shot, say it's warranted that a cop dies , who cares if he has a kid he is a pig thus he deserves it and realize people like that are no better than the cowardly cops they hate and the criminals they absolve.
edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3108pam by opethPA because: grammar error... because people think edits = nefarious behavior

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Glad to hear the suspect surrendered and give a thumbs up to the cops for the way they handled this after the shootings. Hope all the cops injured recover quickly.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm also glad that the suspect has surrendered.

edit on 26-10-2013 by tamusan because: edit to stop confusion

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Hola,

No officers were killed in the stand-off.
Two were shot (reported as minor injuries) and the rest only took fragments from ricochets.
At least that was the scoop last I heard.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Well, that's good news, if no one has been killed in this incident. I haven't really comprehensibly read anything yet, because I just woke up. I used to live near Roseville, and have a fair number of my friends there.

Waking up to this story, and the one about the nurse, has effectively made me cancel my part-time expat status, and take that of permanent expat. I don't know why exactly, but these feel like the final straws.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

opethPA
What I don't understand is this specific element on ATS ,"Their are bad cops and because their are bad cops all cops are bad and because all cops are bad it is not possible for anyone but a cop to be a criminal. "

What I don't understand is this specific element on ATS, "Their cops are good cops because they stick up for cops before those they are sworn to protect and bad cops are good cops because they get rid of criminals so just chill."

The refusal by some here to believe that a criminal is a criminal and should be held accountable for their actions is comical.

I never made this claim. Anyone else here say the criminal shouldn't be held accountable?

I can sit here and watch people from the safe confines of their house behind their monitor call cops pigs, be glad they got shot, say it's warranted that a cop dies , who cares if he has a kid he is a pig thus he deserves it and realize people like that are no better than the cowardly cops they hate and the criminals they absolve.

How does "not tragic" equate to "kill 'em all those dirty cowardly pigs"? As for "absolving criminals"...who posted this? What page is it located on because I don't see it anywhere in this thread? I must have missed it.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

Bickering is not debating the topic.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Further disruptions may result in Posting Bans.
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

As soon as you posted the mugshot on page one I thought to myself, "That looks just like a gang banger."

A few posts later, I see a quoted article that mentions this was a gang sweep.

Imagine that.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Indeed, so true about the criminals and their weapons.

There are pics here of them, says over 200 officers,
I would bet more than that.

However I will say this: I have to give them credit for
the way they showed restraint and NO one else was
injured
aside from the officers. So completely
unlike Los Angeles....

The suspect surrendered and thankfully no lives were lost,
the officers are recovering.

Full report here with pics and everything.
From The Trenches World Report

It is scary to think they locked down practically and entire city
and bring in armored vehicles for one man on foot. Maybe they
were concerned there could have been gang activity, dont know.

Sigh....a bit scary to think what would happen if there
was ever a martial law situation.
edit on 26-10-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join