It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers down

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

you are like the energiser bunny....at no point did I say they are paid to go into combat (for future reference that is the army)...but sometimes part of their job is to deal with criminals and sometimes criminals do not want to get caught and as a result they become violent...

tell me if the cops role is not to pursue violent criminals then what is it..../? is their job only to collect revenue and give out speeding tickets.....your argument is baseless......the reason cops have weapons and are trained to use them is because sometimes they will come under fire....if that wasn't the case they would be given water pistols...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What Tad here is doing here is called "deconstruction".
In this case, he is separating himself from those of opposing beliefs and reducing them to a "concept".
Having accomplished this, he can hurl insults, spout vitriol, rant, lash out sarcastically and aggressively against anyone of opposing schools of thought and even feel good about himself for doing it.
He has "ideologically" separated himself from the "anti-facist" crowd and now is giddy with his efforts.
Tad has DEHUMANIZED his percieved detractors and is now attacking them as quickly and as effectively as he can.
This makes him an absolute hypocrite.

"It's WRONG to dehumanize ANYONE....unless I'm the one doing it."

-Amitaba-
edit on 26-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 26-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

edit on 26-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Error

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They have weapons yes...but they dont have them for the sole purpose of KILLING other people like a soldier is issued his weapon.

You said

their job whether you agree with it or not is to come under fire

That is not accurate. Their job is not to come under fire. That is a risk of their job.

I still fail to see how you correlate being a jerk, to getting shot at, to them somehow deserving it more than any other person just because they are cops.

Armoured truck drivers have guns for the same reasons of self defense as cops. They too are targets for criminal´s bullets. Is it any less tragic if they are shot? What no hatred of armoured truck drivers to not care when they are shot and killed?

How about armed security guards...everywhere. Is it not tragic when they are killed.

Or how about this.

A logger, dies by a tree crushing him. Is that not tragic?, he did know that was a risk for his profession...

Or a nurse getting HIV from a junkie flailing and pricking her with a needle she just used on him, that is a risk....is it not tragic?

How can your hatred keep you from seeing PEOPLE....being hurt. How can you see only a COP...and not the person that is obviously under that uniform.

It is a cold heart and a dull mind that looks to justify the pain of those he simply doesnt like. Worse to celebrate it like some have done here.

THAT is why I am being such a pain in the ass. It makes me sick. How dare you. You little skid marks of people. Celebrate or rationalize and trivialize the pain of others just because your petty life isnt fulfilling you enough to see PEOPLE like yourself. Only the aspects which make you feel slighted and thus vindicated in reveling in your bile soaked words are the object of your concern.

edit on 10 26 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

tadaman
THAT is why I am being such a pain in the ass. It makes me sick. How dare you. You little skid marks of people.

THAT good people, is dehumanization in full HD color.
Sleep tight Romeo.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

How, dear lovely person, did I dehumanize people..

please explain that....or else you are full of it.

You are consistently producing ad hominem attacks on me, like your last one rather than addressing my point.

You would like to dehumanise police so as to push your hatred of them as a valid argument NOT based exclusively in opinion.

`so tell me. Where and to whom did I give an air that dehumanized them?...so I could do it myself as you say.

If you can.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I just did.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

You obviously dont own a dictionary.

What do you think the term "dehumanizing" means...? LOL

ALso I just wrote that and you said this before. Where did I do it before?

Also, that is me just insulting those like you, or rather the mentality which deems it ok to make suffering something abstract when it is happening to people you just dont like. I wont deny it. You did it and so I felt it acceptable. I am not courteous when insults are hurled at me. What did you say repeatedly about what you think of me?

YEah. Lets be a little more mature than this.

How about we start with my original point.

How is it ok to dehumanise police officers?

So far only one person had the balls to outright say it. I disagree but respect that he at least knows that is what he is doing and has REASONS for it....he just doesnt do it because he doesnt like tickets.

edit on 10 26 2013 by tadaman because: added more to a sentence.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

no. you did not.

You quoted me insulting those like yourself and expressing my sentiment towards your mentality.

That is not dehumanising. It is insulting.

Sorry by the way. I do mean that. I let myself down by resorting to your antics.

Who cares what I think of you? About the same that cares what you think of me, which you repeatedly expressed.

No one.

SO sorry for insulting you. I disagree is all.

No one should be dehumanised so as to trivialize their pain and suffering, not even cops....(thats my point in case you care to ever address it instead of talking about me)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

here we go again....now you are putting words in my mouth....

at what point did I say cops were jerks and deserve to be fired apon.....

you have serious mental problems and my earlier statement stands....the police are looking for people like you to sign up...so off you toddles........

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

more about me.

I see.

SO

Is a police officer being shot not tragic?

You can clear this all up right now.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

no I literally called a poster that celebrated dead police offers an asshole. He literally said "let them rest in pieces".

I asked him why he would even say something like that.

That is insulting. Not dehumanising.

Please pick up a dictionary sometime.

Saying its not tragic when someone dies or gets hurt just because they are cops is dehumanising...because they dont deserve empathy... they are then less than people like us at that point.

say what you will about me.

At least I am not some sad little sociopath celebrating the pain of others.

EDIT:

(BTW...notice how he changes gear and becomes polite again now that the "jig is up"?)

The jig is up? LOl. Yeah, you are trying to trivialize the death or serious injury to people just because of what they do for a living. The jig is up. Jerk. I was trying to be courteous and keep the conversation going since I do have a point not related to just what my opinion is of you. I think that would be irrelevant to the subject at hand...hence polite...if you can say that. You have low standards.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I see you have access to a dictionary.

Can you look up ad hominem?

And while you are at it, can you in a couple words or less express in a logical manner how people being hurt is not tragic...just because they are police officers?

or are you just copping out and denying that is what you were saying.

Which would make you look like a dissociated person who accepts dehumanising people and their suffering if they happen to be cops which you dont like.

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

YOU CLEARLY DID NOT READ WHAT I WROTE.....

violence against any other human being is unacceptable ....no I did not say it is good that a cop died or got shot....yes at this point it is about you because I think you need to take you meds and go to bed...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
So, pointing out that you are guilty of that which you dispise is now called "ad-hom" is it?
Funny, it's called "psychological analysis" where I come from and most of the hatred coming off this thread is originating from you. I think the frame of mind of the member is very much of relevance to any post, especially those in which such glaring contradictions overpower any hope of civil discourse. My advice to you sir would be:

"Stop digging that hole deeper."

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

so I am insane?

My point is less valid now because you imply I am a medicated person?

Thanks for the great example of dehumanisation.

I would prefer it if you just insulted me and got on with your point. ( if there is one to all this nonsense)

How then is being a police officer, who runs the risk of getting shot as you guys say, NOT different than any one else.

Because that IS what was said. YOU did not read what I wrote or those that you jumped onto the band wagon with.

THEY and you by your counter point (if you can say that) , said everything from celebratory remarks for their death and possible injury. Cited reasons and examples for their conduct somehow justifying this sentiment. We even had a psychotic Rambo fantasy of shooting up a precinct.

WTH.

Dont change now.

Explain to me then what the hell you are even arguing now. Is it NOT different for a cop to be shot? Is it not somehow less tragic as has been said ad nauseam?

What.

You dont like cops? who cares. I wasnt even talking about that. I pointed out that dehumanisation is a mechanism for social programming and social engineering. I think I proved my case.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

no you insist on talking about me instead of MY POINT. That is what that is referring to. Devalidate me and not my argument.

I wont repeat it again because it would be redundant.

At this point you are just trying to save face....on an internet forum....a conspiracy internet forum....

I feel sorry for YOU.

Ego is a costly bitch.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Dehumanising someone FOR ANY reason is wrong.

It is exactly what happens in war...

We dehumanize the enenmy which then makes it ok to kill said enemy..

You mention the jews...well they do it to others by stating goyim.

just as hitler did it to the jews... The propaganda was intended to dehumanize the Jews by naming them an “inferior race,"

just as Americans did it to gooks.

at times of war perfectly acceptable....just as the term 'n-word' was used to dehumanize the slave.

also you just did it by saying it is not bad cops but they enter as bad civilians...Sorry but many times traits are taught...just as it is taught to the masses during times of fighting an enemy.

but what I said is being taken out of context....and your arrogance is getting in the way of objective listening.

If the whole apple becomes bad then it is the whole apple that needs to be dealt with...as you can no longer just cut out the small rotten bit.

IMHO when it comes to a police state the whole apple has gone bad as individuals within no longer have the ability to eliminate the rot.

People can be good people but have to go with the flow of the group sometimes whether they want to or not..so you saying they were bad before they entered the force, government, church or other organizations IS incorrect...Some people enter politics with the best of intentions...but soon develop the attitude....everyone else is doing it.

Then your stating because they enforce LAWS that makes it correct...but yet many laws are deemed wrong and get changed for various reasons because they were ill thought out in the first place.. PROHIBITION.

That was such a weak argument.... just as speeding laws are being re thought out as it is just for money generation and nothing else.... It is not about public safety as automobiles become much safer to traverse much better built roads at higher and higher rates of speed.

just because something is LAW it does not make it necessarily correct...If one blindly believes this then we would still be using the taking an eye for an eye.

Is it right to go out killing police officers....simple answer is no...is it ok to dehumanize groups or associations...IMHO yes, when said association becomes rotten within ...where ranks of that group dehumanize others through their own internal operations.

You have your opinions which are yours...but do not personally attack others who say what their opinions are, just because you may not agree with them. You do not know who or why they have gained these opinions...but open debate can change perspectives....but when a person try's to say someone is less intelligent then you have lost the debate right away.

there isn't any measure of intelligence because it is gained through each individuals interactions in their own life experience. Go live with aboriginals in Australia...or Maori's you might be amazed at what they know about their own surroundings yet out comes some so called IQ scale they may be at the bottom of the table.

just some food for thought....or you can just continue on illogical ranting rather than looking at things as a objective observer.

edit on 053131p://f11Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://f14Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join