It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHILLING EFFECTS: Social Media Tyranny (anybody ever use the twitter embed feature?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Caught red handed applying chilling effects to Twitter embeds.
SOURCE

I guess one has to have nothing to lose to become a fighter for free speech? The case I am enduring is long and complicated. The EFF mentioned contacting me next week, so that is good news, because I had nothing encouraging the last time I contacted them.

If you use the embed feature this could mean trouble. Unfortunately the embed feature is REVISIONIST as people are able to delete tweets, thus nerfing the reference whenever a deletion occurs.

Either way, I have observed that social media has been converging on a design that literally enables the stamping out of our free speech, and I would like to hear other people's stories, as well as their own personal observations of this phenomena.
edit on 25-10-2013 by TheLastStand because: fixed a link

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What exactly is the issue at hand? I'm confused. From the link it appears that someone is throwing a fit about her tweet being referenced somewhere, and is pursuing legal action over it or something. It's all kind of muddled.

new topics

join