It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston charter schools use existence of Loch Ness Monster to disprove evolutionary theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
*Audible Sigh*

Ok, so it's a charter school, teach WHATEVER you want to kids whose parents are paying you probably ten's of thousands of dollars a year. But let it be known that these children will be on the back end of intellectual development for the rest of their lives:

First, evolution is like genocide and Hither:

[Hitler] has written that the Aryan (German) race would be the leader in all human progress. To accomplish that goal, all “lower races” should either be enslaved or eliminated. Apparently the theory of evolution and its “survival of the fittest” philosophy had taken root in Hitler’s warped mind.

Then, Nessie is proof of God or that evolution is a crock:

Have you heard of the ‘Loch Ness Monster’ in Scotland? ‘Nessie,’ for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur.

Could a fish have developed into a dinosaur? As astonishing as it may seem, many evolutionists theorize that fish evolved into amphibians and amphibians into reptiles. This gradual change from fish to reptiles has no scientific basis. No transitional fossils have been or ever will be discovered because God created each type of fish, amphibian, and reptile as separate, unique animals. Any similarities that exist among them are due to the fact that one Master Craftsmen fashioned them all.

I'm assuming that these places are going to soon open universities, since students graduating from these chartered schools are going to be laughed off College Campuses by recruiters. No really, I can see this happening.

~Tenth
edit on 10/25/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sad thing is these rejects will likely become your future politicians

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Has ONE single transitional fossil been discovered and verified as accurate? (A fossil in transition of becoming a new species). The answer is NOPE.

As a biochemist, I have had my share of "discussions" regarding the lack of scientific evidence to back evolution.

My God, let's just look at Kreb's cycle and one of you who is far more intelligent than I explain how this cycle just "evolved". It can't.

Krebs Wiki

Krebs simplified

Please explain how such a meticulously designed cycle could just.......evolve.

(Of course there is also photosynthesis...no dice on it just evolving)

I'm all ears.

Are there any geneticists on this site? I'm guessing not.

edit on 25-10-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

(post by bozzchem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

crazyewok

Sad thing is these rejects will likely become your future politicians

Well that's terrifying.

Then again, I'm not surprised, the dumbest folk are usually the ones running for office it seems.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Next thing you know they'll be teaching that birds are dinosaurs! Oh, wait. Never mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If I were a child in one of these schools, I'd have to record everything and then sue the institution for child abuse, negligence, and for monetary compensation to be spent on re-learning what I should have been taught to begin with once demonstrated upon University the willful politically and religiously motivated neglect inflicted upon my development.

Stuff like this, in my opinion is near equivalent to such practices as genital mutilation, except here, we're talking about someone's brain.

It's just disgusting this kind of abuse is actually condoned.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

To get a starting point here with this discussion I have to ask: do you live in Texas and does your child go to a charter school? The answer to these will greatly dictate how I approach your view on this.

(post by bozzchem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

To get a starting point here with this discussion I have to ask: do you live in Texas and does your child go to a charter school? The answer to these will greatly dictate how I approach your view on this.

No, my opinion isn't any less valid if I'm not from Texas, or if my children don't go to that school.

Teaching children that Nessie is proof of intelligent design, or that evolution is rooted in Nazi social engineering theory is tantamount to intellectual child abuse.

IMO of course.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

bozzchem
Has ONE single transitional fossil been discovered and verified as accurate? (A fossil in transition of becoming a new species). The answer is NOPE.

As a biochemist, I have had my share of "discussions" regarding the lack of scientific evidence to back evolution.

My God, let's just look at Kreb's cycle and one of you who is far more intelligent than I explain how this cycle just "evolved". It can't.

Krebs Wiki

Krebs simplified

Please explain how such a meticulously designed cycle could just.......evolve.

(Of course there is also photosynthesis...no dice on it just evolving)

I'm all ears.

Are there any geneticists on this site? I'm guessing not.

I'm not a geneticist, but, I can put a full stop to your premise:

Argument From Incredulity.

In other words, it's amazing. You don't understand it; thus, it must be god.

edit on 10/25/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This whole privatizing school thing
is going to work out just fine.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Wow. I'm not sure I've ever read a more inflammatory post with zero scientific support on ATS.

I guess this particular post, started by a MOD, is all about emotion rather than fact.

Where's the scientific support of creationism? How is pushing a religious view of "God" and creationism, in an academic setting, NOT coming from an emotional place?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

sealing
This whole privatizing school thing
is going to work out just fine.

The problem really is that chartered schools still receive public funds as well as the private funds from parents.

So, if you're American, living in Texas, you are paying for other people's kids to believe that Nessy is real and proof that God exists.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
One of my co-workers has 2 kids who are home schooled by their mom. They are part of a pretty big home school community in their town, most of whom also belong to the same church. I recently found out that he is pretty vocal about the fact that he does not believe in dinosaurs.

Let me emphasize, it's not that he thinks they lived more recently that 65 million years ago, he does not believe they existed at all. Ever. Because they are not mentioned in the Bible. His wife is teaching this to their children, and I can only assume that their friends are teaching the same to their kids. Frightening.

When people asked him about the fossil evidence, he said something along the lines of, "Those bones could belong to any animal. Archaeologists only guess at how they are meant to fit together, they don't really know. They can make them look like anything they want."

As far as I know, wolverines aren't mentioned in the Bible. Nor aardvarks, polar bears, dolphins, etc. They must not exist either, right?

I think it's a crime that these kids are taught this nonsense. It really puts them at an intellectual disadvantage in life. Sad, really.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
wow. its like the more faithful the person, the more fearful and angry they are.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Evolution is a continuum and as such there are no discrete "links" to be "missing." Taxonomy and phylogeny are tools for conveniently mapping information, no such precise delineations occur in nature. It's analogous to viewing the visible spectrum and then demanding to be shown the "missing link" between orange and red.

As for the Krebs cycle, there are several theories but they generally belong to one of two camps: metabolism is a product of evolution or chemical cycles existing before life created an environment in which a genetic system could form. If you are actually interested, it's not hard to find the research papers at all. For the record, I think your claim of being a biochemist is dubious.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by katydidwonder

Holy moly batman! Iam not in the Bible also so I must not exist

I really weep for the future when it is allowed to have religious propaganda in classrooms when it should be kept in the home or church.
Tenth is right this is child abuse!!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

We have found transitional fossils...

The Tiktaalik.

I also think you have gotten mixed up by saying you are a biochemist, you should have said you have been in a chemistry class once and didn't pay attention

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join