It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA website under attack?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
RT is reporting that the Nsa site is down due to DDoS attacks.
Is this the cyber war big sis was talking about?

Sorry for the short post but not too much info out there and I know some of the members here know more about this type of things.

What say you ATS minds
edit on 25-10-2013 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

thesaneone
What say you ATS minds

about what... the NSA, RT, or the DDOS?

RT- created at the Kremlin to badmouth the USA Notice how they can't get you the *story* fast enough.. pure propaganda.

DDOS - *yawn* a bunch of script kiddies created a little traffic jam.

NSA- They can kiss my ass. It just pisses me off that it's our own money being used to spy on us illegally.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

DDoS has to be the most pointless of any type of attack. I mean really, it's stupid.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Your a funny one.
I'm talking about the cyber attacks that Janet was talking about when she was on her way out.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Mapkar

DDoS has to be the most pointless of any type of attack. I mean really, it's stupid.

I know nothing about the hacker world and have no idea what these "scripts" can do.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
don't gubment sites get hacked/attacked every day...by 14 year olds?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Breaking into a government website is the hacker's equivalent to a thief breaking into an abandoned building.

Not exactly high profile hack attack if you ask me.

If the hackers want to prove how lovely they are, show us secret conversations of Federal Reserve meetings how bout it?

Or how about some internal computer documents on MK Ultra or aliens?

What? No?

Why not?

I don't give a rat's ass about the NSA's website.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Probably a fake attack to seek more cyber warfare power.

One can bet the NSA has much more in assets to use then a single network. This is just their propaganda server. Not even a speed bump in their world.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
NSA site Down Amid DDoS Hacking Reports

Looks like Anonymous may be claiming responsibility, and possibly declaring 'cyber-war.' If the attack is limited to the web site the actual damage would be minimal, I would think, and ultimately do little except make themselves a target. If Anonymous could have somehow disrupted the NSA's data operations that could be huge.

It also depends on where it's coming from. If it's from the United States (doubtful), whoever it is could expect a visit from some guys in black suits soon. It could be possible Anonymous has been working with another government who doesn't want to be spied on anymore. This is all just complete speculation on my part. Either way somebody has decided to go after the biggest dog on the block and for their sake they better have a good plan.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Aaron Swartz bought us all time freedom wise but for how long.

I wouldn't be surprised if these attacks are staged by the government, as propaganda tools to crack down on "hackers".

or computer programmers who have any humanity left in them.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Most government agencies have an "external" and "internal" website. The one the public sees has nothing sensitive, and nothing that really matters. The internal site usually is where the actual employees work.

This current attack is more of a statement or protest than anything...no real harm will come of it (other than the hackers getting arrested).

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

That makes about as much sense as equating the occupy protestors with ronnie biggs and saying "Yeah well wheres all the gold, pfft, stupid hippies sitting on their bums."

It's scary to think that in a day and age when information is the oil that greases the machines of modern society, and yet people are ignorant enough to think that halting or hindering the access to information is nothing to worry about.

"Stupid 14 year olds.. why don't they just go drink milk and stop being pointless little nerds.. and why cant I get onto my banking and why is pay pal slow, and my kids are so annoyed the play station system is down and man, if I could get to my email, I could read about what happened with that website and my credit card numbers.. "

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

thesaneone
I'm talking about the cyber attacks that Janet was talking about when she was on her way out.

Who knows what the hell she was talking about. To them, fear equals job security.

I'll tell you what, though.

If something happens, they knew about, and weren't saying, I'll be holding them personally responsible for not letting us know what's going on.

*(this is where the room literally explodes into laughter)*

I feel small.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Man I wish more people would be logical like this.

Thank you. It's so painful when I read how people think that a website is the be all and end all of a company. They have no concept of an intranet. I actually tried to talk about a local intranet to a young guy once, and he almost choked on his choc milk.. he thought that I was a r-tard and couldnt say IntERnet...

I mean.. I'm glad he had a laugh, but the laugh is on him...

"They can trace the IP's and see inside the room and know who is on the terminal in the CIA.."

head, successfully done in.

And when it comes to an inordinate amount of traffic it doesn't matter if it's 5 million grannies all hitting up www.embroidery.com or 5 million 14 year olds hitting www.nsa.com. Packets don't go "Im 14 weeeeeeee look at me!" and fling off the side of the internet.

Denial of services attacks are a pita. and have the potential for a hell of a lot of damage.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If something happens, they knew about, and weren't saying, I'll be holding them personally responsible for not letting us know what's going on.

National security rules make it so the people don't get to know of impending doom. We all get he surprise version.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yeah, FISA

F. ound
I. n
S. omebody's
A. nus

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Most government agencies have an "external" and "internal" website. The one the public sees has nothing sensitive, and nothing that really matters. The internal site usually is where the actual employees work.

This current attack is more of a statement or protest than anything...no real harm will come of it (other than the hackers getting arrested).

Do you think that the nsa lets these hackers hit them on purpose just to track them easier so they can try to build a bigger case against them or are the hackers good at covering there tracks?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
NSA

Hangs.

no working....

I bet somebody made another mistake and linked to healthcare.gov !!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The NSA website appears to be just server sitting on part of the Verizon network.

NSA.GOV
IP Address 65.196.127.226 65.196.127.225
Host nsa.gov
Location US US, United States
City -, - -
Organization Verizon Business
ISP Verizon Business
AS Number AS701 MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Business

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

thesaneone

MystikMushroom

Do you think that the nsa lets these hackers hit them on purpose just to track them easier so they can try to build a bigger case against them or are the hackers good at covering there tracks?

They could be. I know for sure that they're learning how strong their network is by this attack. It's also a great excuse to support a request for expanded powers.

There are a lot of cool things you can do with an intranet. With Coldfusion and HTML5 programming you can create user-friendly browser based applications to do things like search and extract data out of vast databases.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join